Forum › Our Journey to Lesbian Motherhood discussion

joined Aug 10, 2016

shouldn't this get the non-moe art tag?

Stardusttelepath8
joined Oct 15, 2014

Looks cutesy enough to qualify as moe IMO.

Rosmontis
Nevrilicious Scans
joined Jun 5, 2015

What the fuck is moe though?

last edited at Feb 26, 2017 2:57PM

joined Aug 10, 2016

A miserable pile of secrets

joined Jan 22, 2015

This is gonna be good.

joined Feb 23, 2016

woah :D

Ss%20(2015-08-13%20at%2011.16.07)
joined Jul 3, 2015

looks promising

Marion Diabolito
Dynsaty%20scans%20avatar%20from%20twgokhs
joined Jan 5, 2015

Moe is whatever makes you stop suddenly, and say in unison:

"MOE MOE KYUN!"

Marion Diabolito
Dynsaty%20scans%20avatar%20from%20twgokhs
joined Jan 5, 2015

I guess they are writing about the journey almost in real time? In other words, one of them hasn't had the baby yet? Even the final chapter in the contents says to our future child. It also looks tankobonish, so maybe it can already be bought in Japan (or in my case from Japan via Honto).

2x2-shinobuden-m001
joined Dec 14, 2014

The table of contents looks promising, especially the LGBT column. It's nice to see something more pertaining to real life and real people. It has that 90s gay comix feel to it.

Kinchan%20drawing%20maru%20%20dfhgsdhfsdhgsdf%20i%20lov%20e
joined Dec 21, 2015

The table of contents looks promising, especially the LGBT column. It's nice to see something more pertaining to real life and real people. It has that 90s gay comix feel to it.

agreed!!

pkChinensis Uploader
Lililicious
joined Jan 9, 2011

I guess they are writing about the journey almost in real time? In other words, one of them hasn't had the baby yet? Even the final chapter in the contents says to our future child. It also looks tankobonish, so maybe it can already be bought in Japan (or in my case from Japan via Honto).

Yes, the tankoubon is available for purchase in both physical and digital form from Japanese bookstores. The ISBN is 4040683617.
And as you guessed from the table of contents, they have not conceived yet by the end of the book.

joined May 24, 2014

A miserable pile of secrets

Enought talk, HAVE AT YOU!

Anyway this looks like the real deal and just settling to just adopt a cat like in all the other yuri mangas

Tmp_bh7jrkjcyaakw52-1123006053
joined Apr 15, 2011

hurray for this manga and congrats to the mothers-to-be!

so this question is for those that may have more direct knowledge. has society and the laws in Japan changed enough that a noticeable number of lesbians and gays are now having children? i'm also curious how the children are entered into the family registry (which appears to be addressed in a later chapter)? finally, has any new LGBT legislation (other than city ordinances) percolated to the national level addressing marriage equality?

Chinatsu%202
joined Jan 27, 2016

so this question is for those that may have more direct knowledge. has society and the laws in Japan changed enough that a noticeable number of lesbians and gays are now having children? i'm also curious how the children are entered into the family registry (which appears to be addressed in a later chapter)? finally, has any new LGBT legislation (other than city ordinances) percolated to the national level addressing marriage equality?

Japanese societal mores move about as fast as molasses in winter.

Breakdanceanomicon
joined Jun 13, 2015

Moe is more than just cutesy, though, it's got a whole cult of personality behind it. This art style isn't realistic, certainly, but it also was clearly not made to pander to virgin males in their 30's. Moe has cultural associations with it, like slice-of-life anime about cute girls that are made solely for the purpose of becoming lust objects at Comiket. Any explicitly LGBT work feels like it deserves the non-moe tag just because of the culture politics involved, imo.
Technically, then, that means that this also isn't yuri, but since that's the raison d'etre of this site, removing it would be pointless.

Johanliebert
joined Dec 15, 2015

^
That's what I think too, but since they refused the said non-moe tag on The Private report on my lesbian experience with loneliness, which clearly deserves it, it's rather unlikely they accept to tag this one with.

The story itself seems promising, the genre lacks of stories like this. Will keep an eye on it.

Nezchan Moderator
Meiling%20bun%20150px
joined Jun 28, 2012

Japanese societal mores move about as fast as molasses in winter.

Not to mention, Abe himself hates the idea.

Rosmontis
Nevrilicious Scans
joined Jun 5, 2015

Breakdanceanomicon posted:

Moe is more than just cutesy, though, it's got a whole cult of personality behind it. This art style isn't realistic, certainly, but it also was clearly not made to pander to virgin males in their 30's. Moe has cultural associations with it, like slice-of-life anime about cute girls that are made solely for the purpose of becoming lust objects at Comiket.

Good thing moe means none of that.

La Aoi Beau Chico
Boy%20blue
joined Oct 9, 2016

Interesting title... and those chapters though... already looks promising

Nisshoku
joined Jan 9, 2017

Moe is more than just cutesy, though, it's got a whole cult of personality behind it. This art style isn't realistic, certainly, but it also was clearly not made to pander to virgin males in their 30's. Moe has cultural associations with it, like slice-of-life anime about cute girls that are made solely for the purpose of becoming lust objects at Comiket.

I believe this is an adequate explanation of "moe."
http://dynasty-scans.com/chapters/kiniro_mosaic_ch01_1#25

joined Aug 23, 2013

Not sure if want.

Breakdanceanomicon
joined Jun 13, 2015

You seem like the kind of person who hates it when people try to find deep meaning in television shows.

Avatar1457667_10200109529819755_1695728463_n
joined Mar 15, 2016

non-moe art

Wut

last edited at Feb 26, 2017 6:50PM

joined Aug 10, 2016

Hurray. After lurking for years, I finally made a comment that sparked a debate.

To reply you must either login or sign up.