Forum › Yuzumori-san discussion

F4x-3lwx0aa0tcu31
joined Apr 20, 2013

Ropponmatsu posted:

This thread has turned into a free-for-all for spoilers.... I feel sorry for the people who don't wanna read the raws/rough translations...

That would be me, I'm trying not to read much... But seeing the happy reactions of the people, the suspense is pretty much dead

Nishiki%20gosu%20rori%20dark%20hair%20sm
joined Jan 11, 2015

Ropponmatsu posted:

This thread has turned into a free-for-all for spoilers.... I feel sorry for the people who don't wanna read the raws/rough translations...

That would be me, I'm trying not to read much... But seeing the happy reactions of the people, the suspense is pretty much dead

Exactly. I have to tell my friends who don't read Japanese to stay the heck away from this thread until the chapter is released here on DS... =A=

Nezchan Moderator
Meiling%20bun%20150px
joined Jun 28, 2012

Nez Note

Ropponmatsu is absolutely right, if the chapter is not translated and posted on Dynasty, then every reference to its contents should be tagged with spoilers. If you don't know how, there's a reference guide at the top of the main forum page for your convenience.

If I need to put spoilers on for people who insist on not using them, it will annoy me, and don't expect me to be tidy about applying them.

Best Mangaka Rohan
25dfc3e30a88f17394a8d2037430b766
joined Dec 13, 2016

Where is the frigging chapter?!

Read rule 5 and calm your tits.

You do realize that was a joke with that joke pic above it? -_-

So chill you, bruh.

last edited at Dec 20, 2016 9:40PM

joined Aug 19, 2012

new chapter was definitely surprising. Never thought it would go this way

joined Jan 11, 2015

The worst thing about the latest chapter...

(Release date for the next chapter)

Megu
joined Mar 22, 2014

The worst thing about the latest chapter...

(Release date for the next chapter)

Ugh, don't remind me. :(

Yuu
joined Mar 28, 2015

Well, it's yawaspi (Big Comic Spirit). They update each 2/3 weeks or even once a month.

I have Stretch flashbacks...

joined Dec 23, 2014

Say, the Chinese translation that I read seems to differ from the English translation here, and I want to confirm which is right for a few translation issues. (If the raws are still available I'd be able to deduce that.)
Some issues are minor and only have some subtle differences, some differ significantly.

For example
http://dynasty-scans.com/chapters/yuzumori_san_ch02#10
English: (My voice won't come out.)
Chinese: (The sound of not being able to make a sound)

http://dynasty-scans.com/chapters/yuzumori_san_ch07#2
English: My father's not here.
Chinese: The phrasing in Chinese is ambiguous and it can either mean I don't have a father or My father's never in my home.
(The next page has Mimika feeling shocked and apologising, which might indicate...)

http://dynasty-scans.com/chapters/yuzumori_san_ch08#12
English: So you've been listening this whole time!
Chinese: I've heard that some time ago!
(The thing is, Mimika actually DID say that some time ago, in Ch05 Pg15.)

http://dynasty-scans.com/chapters/yuzumori_san_ch08#16
English: This is my favourite thing.
Chinese: This is the thing that I call 'love'.
(For this one, without raws I would guess the Chinese translation is probably right since it makes more sense.)

http://dynasty-scans.com/chapters/yuzumori_san_ch11#13 (The translations of the pages after that are mostly the same but the context is important)
English: I like you...
Chinese: (This kind of) 'like'... (If the latter is right, the Japanese equivalent could be 'suki nande...')
This one is highly context-dependent.

last edited at Dec 21, 2016 7:20AM

joined Jan 11, 2015

@w7n

http://dynasty-scans.com/chapters/yuzumori_san_ch02#10
English: (My voice won't come out.)
Chinese: (The sound of not being able to make a sound)

Japanese is 声にならない声, which literally means "a voice that doesn't become a voice".

http://dynasty-scans.com/chapters/yuzumori_san_ch11#13 (The translations of the pages after that are mostly the same but the context is important)
English: I like you...
Chinese: (This kind of) 'like'... (If the latter is right, the Japanese equivalent could be 'suki nande...')
This one is highly context-dependent.

Japanese 好き・・・・・・, which literally just means "[I] like [you]...". Whether the meaning is romantic or platonic depends on context in Japanese too.

I don't have the raws to see any of the other examples, but I do see slight errors/odd translations here and there in the English translation. Nothing bad enough to change the meaning, however. Just strange choices.

Azu_nyan_nyan_nyan_gif_1_by_jaegirlsdeviant438-d7ednu6
joined Oct 8, 2016

So Yuzumori Loves Mimika,yes?

Screenshot%20(107)
joined Dec 27, 2014

The ultimate question.
What shall Mimika do next? Find out after the break!

Hinataskype
joined May 26, 2011

DBZ level cliffhanger right there. Well, unless Yuzumori is actually older and just pretending to be a child, I hope we get a time skip where they're still happily together

Nezchan Moderator
Meiling%20bun%20150px
joined Jun 28, 2012

DBZ level cliffhanger right there. Well, unless Yuzumori is actually older and just pretending to be a child, I hope we get a time skip where they're still happily together

No taking the easy way out! We get to see the next 8 years of Mimika holding herself back in real time!

Espurr%20sparkle
joined May 30, 2013

Wow, I want off this wild ride.

Actually, I enjoy it very much.

Dynasty%20necromancer
joined Mar 6, 2014

Whoops

Heres%20wakasa
joined Jul 28, 2016

I mean, if Mimika is in love with a little girl, I think that she is, by definition, a lolicon... unless she actually is an older girl pretending to be younger. That would kind of defeat the whole purpose of this thing in my opinion but, oh well, I'm sure it'll still be good regardless.

__remilia_scarlet_touhou_drawn_by_kameyan__79633e04034b3c99d7cf88e4370ce72e
joined Apr 28, 2014

All this tension probably isn't good for my heart.

Etult87ueaawqbz_%20(2)
joined Oct 15, 2016

I was not expecting that at all. This was a really great chapter and that last question killed me.

joined Jun 12, 2015

No taking the easy way out! We get to see the next 8 years of Mimika holding herself back in real time!

In real time of course so we can suffer with her

Dynasty%20necromancer
joined Mar 6, 2014

Real talk though
Yuzumori's reaction to this whole deal was weird as fuck

59453ac1563a3102b9b5731298ad55a7
joined Aug 31, 2014

this was 10x sweeter then i thought it would be, but goddammit more cliffhangers, and just before a short break o(╥﹏╥)o

67763073_p3
joined Dec 18, 2013

I wasn't expecting that

Nezchan Moderator
Meiling%20bun%20150px
joined Jun 28, 2012

Real talk though

Here's a what if for you.

What if the reason she asked is she's had an encounter with a lolicon before and didn't like it?

Kidsbeingkidscats2
joined Jan 19, 2015

Real talk though

Here's a what if for you.

What if the reason she asked is she's had an encounter with a lolicon before and didn't like it?

Given her maturity I think it's more of a question do u love me or the child me. Like will she drop yuzumori like a hot potato when she gets older or will they still be together at that point.

To reply you must either login or sign up.