Forum › Kobayashi-san chi no Maid Dragon discussion

Stardusttelepath8
joined Oct 15, 2014

Here's the staff/cast deets: http://www.animenewsnetwork.com/news/2016-10-24/lucky-star-and-hyoka-yasuhiro-takemoto-directs-miss-kobayashi-dragon-maid-anime/.108033
I expect a select few will have mixed feelings on the design, which is kinda midway between Cool and the standard Kyoani look.

Vegitab%20profile%20pic%20smoll%20tumblr
joined Sep 21, 2014

Here's the staff/cast deets: http://www.animenewsnetwork.com/news/2016-10-24/lucky-star-and-hyoka-yasuhiro-takemoto-directs-miss-kobayashi-dragon-maid-anime/.108033
I expect a select few will have mixed feelings on the design, which is kinda midway between Cool and the standard Kyoani look.

Wow okay. Not like I'm in love with Cool's art or anything, but that looks really weird to me, I can't stop staring at it. Wow, I'm really not used to seeing Tooru look... "normal". Well, I don't read the manga for the art, but it's still all I've ever seen it as, that sort of rough art style.
But wow, Tooru looks really awesome. I keep comparing that image with the first manga cover, she looks taller right? And the tail is just A+. She looks more like she's wearing a tie, rather than a ribbon. Shoes A+ too.
The change in style throws me off, but it looks pretty awesome

F4x-3lwx0aa0tcu31
joined Apr 20, 2013

Great news!!!! I paused this manga, but I like it veeeeeeery much!!!! The fanart will be crazy

Heavy%20cruiser%20160
joined Apr 27, 2013

On one hand, we can reasonably expect it to be well animated now. On the other, KyoAni is probably going to rewrite large chunks of the plot because that's what they do, and it's a crapshot on if this'll work out

This is really weird, though. KyoAni usually doesn't adapt stuff they don't publish

joined Mar 25, 2013

On one hand, we can reasonably expect it to be well animated now. On the other, KyoAni is probably going to rewrite large chunks of the plot because that's what they do, and it's a crapshot on if this'll work out

This is really weird, though. KyoAni usually doesn't adapt stuff they don't publish

They probably want to make it non-yuri, because they hate yuri ( ͡° ͜ʖ ͡°) They'll also probably make Kobayashi's co-worker into a harem lead.

I'm joking

Copy%20of%20corn%20thief%20maki%20maki%201
joined Jun 17, 2014

They probably want to make it non-yuri, because they hate yuri ( ͡° ͜ʖ ͡°) They'll also probably make Kobayashi's co-worker into a harem lead.

I'm joking

you triggered me DELET THIS

last edited at Oct 26, 2016 8:07AM

Stardusttelepath8
joined Oct 15, 2014

Tamako withstanding, pretty much most of their adaptations that aren't already centered around male romances have been made gayer in anime format. Lucky Star was gayer, K-On! was arguably gayer (if slightly toned down on the Mugi front), and let's not forget Free!.

joined Sep 21, 2014

Tamako withstanding, pretty much most of their adaptations that aren't already centered around male romances have been made gayer in anime format. Lucky Star was gayer, K-On! was arguably gayer (if slightly toned down on the Mugi front), and let's not forget Free!.

I haven't watched it, but I think the Chuunibyou one too. There was an instance in the ova when an accidental kiss between the male and female leads was hinted at (with the kiss sound), but then it turned out to be two girls in the back, who had kissed. It's funny that the het/official couple were teased, but was in fact a yuri plot twist, even if romantic feelings aren't "canon".

joined Sep 21, 2014

Kanna is getting a spin off manga!

http://www.animenewsnetwork.com/news/2016-11-28/miss-kobayashi-dragon-maid-manga-gets-spinoff-in-december/.109240

Lmao wow, I surprised, but then again, id totally read that. It's by a different artist however, I wonder what their style is like

The Kobayashi-san Chi no Maid Dragon: Kanna no Nichijō spinoff series follows the dragon character Kanna, as she goes through her casual daily life of waking up, going to school, and playing with Saikawa.

I'm up for that, I want to see her interact with Saikawa more tbh

joined Apr 28, 2016

Since they like teasing it without any official relationship progression I don't think they would have to change this manga. For all the enthusiasm on Tooru's side I don't think Kobayashi-san has ever reciprocated, unless I am forgetting something? (And honestly I don't expect anything to change in that respect before the last few chapters.)

joined Sep 21, 2014
  1. I just realised the kid's name is a pun. Like I got the Shouta part, but I just realised that with the -kun, it's pretty complete isn't it
  2. I forgot Iruru didn't have fucking fingers lmao, wow

last edited at Dec 20, 2016 12:28AM

Descarga%20(3)
joined Aug 10, 2015

this is from the same author who wrote i can't understand what my husband is saying? cuz has the same art style
if the answer is yes good for him he got 2 of his works adapted

joined Sep 21, 2014

this is from the same author who wrote i can't understand what my husband is saying? cuz has the same art style

Yes, and it's 3 of his works, including Komori-san wa Kotowarenai

Descarga%20(3)
joined Aug 10, 2015

Wow okay. Not like I'm in love with Cool's art or anything, but that looks really weird to me, I can't stop staring at it. Wow, I'm really not used to seeing Tooru look... "normal". Well, I don't read the manga for the art, but it's still all I've ever seen it as, that sort of rough art style.
But wow, Tooru looks really awesome. I keep comparing that image with the first manga cover, she looks taller right? And the tail is just A+. She looks more like she's wearing a tie, rather than a ribbon. Shoes A+ too.
The change in style throws me off, but it looks pretty awesome

i dunno i really like how every author has a diferent art style that gives personality to their works so i dont like the idea of kyonai/generic style like what happen with new game i preffer the 4 koma more unique style over the generic moe style of the anime

last edited at Dec 20, 2016 2:33AM

joined Jan 8, 2014

I was totally expecting more fan service what with a new volume and kobyashi getting drunk...still the ch was awesome ^_^
Kobyashi has pink hair O.O ??

Descarga%20(3)
joined Aug 10, 2015

Yes, and it's 3 of his works, including Komori-san wa Kotowarenai

ohh yea i didnt watch komori-san wa kotowarenai so i didnt count that one but yeah 3 4-komas adapted id be nice if some studio could adapt furumapura as well i really like that one

Yurikosmaller2
joined May 28, 2011

http://dynasty-scans.com/chapters/kobayashi_san_chi_no_maid_dragon_ch40#14

I wonder if I would suit it

what does she mean by this?

joined Aug 11, 2014

Oh god, the only thing that makes my skin crawl more than picturing Iruru's fleshy stumps swarming with tiny villi-like hands is imagining trying to arm-wrestle her and feeling all those tiny hands and fingers gripping at your skin. Screaming. Good fucking job on CK for continuing to find new and inventive ways to make the dragons seem simultaneously cute and endearing but also creepy and alien.

joined Feb 1, 2013

Glad to see this finally updated. This was a lovely early Christmas present! A great chapter, definitely worth the wait!

Rx_5_50
joined May 3, 2016

I thought Tooru was a little girl when I first saw this manga.

last edited at Dec 21, 2016 2:39AM

67763073_p3
joined Dec 18, 2013

Fun chapter although my inner archeologist couldn't help to feel miffed about the TN pointing Xochiquetzal as Coala's friend. See, Xochiquetzal is more of a femininity and sexuality goddess (think Aphrodite) than a flower one. There is in fact no aztec that fits the idea presented in the manga but going by the description of "flesh" I'd wager the author was thinking on Xipe Totec, god of the harvest and that is depicted as a skinned man that renews his skin every year with the season.

Bonus bit of trivia, people sacrificed to Xipe Totec were skinned alive and their skins were then turned into costumes that were worn by Xipe's priests, who danced until the skin rot to ensure a bountiful harvest for the coming year.

joined Sep 21, 2014

Bonus bit of trivia

oh my fucking god okay

67763073_p3
joined Dec 18, 2013

Aztec lore is wonderfully messed up.

Thing is, according to their tradition the world and everything on it was created through flesh and blood offerings from the gods and thus, they saw it as simply returning the favor with their own. The only god that refused that arrangement was Quetzalcoatl. Who was also known to be mostly celibate after the two affairs he had ended badly: one ended with his girlfriend ripped apart by star demons and the other was his sister. This knowledge makes Coala's characterization amusing though.

Untitled%20(1)
joined Aug 24, 2016

So now we have dragon yuri, dinosaur yuri, ghost yuri, alien yuri, vampire yuri, mermaid yuri...am I missing anything?

Mermaid yuri? Where?

Firefighter yuri?

Police yuri?

Historical gender bend yuri? ( which I probably won't read)

To reply you must either login or sign up.