Forum › Dark Forest, White Road discussion

Thumbs
joined Apr 16, 2012

Damn saddddd end

Akari
joined Apr 16, 2013

The thing that most disappointed me about the end was that she never got the courage to punch her sister in the face!

Hinataskype
joined May 26, 2011

Bittersweet ending, but honestly wrapped up fairly nice I think.. I wouldn't have minded a time skip to see if they meet up in the future but nice nonetheless.

joined Apr 1, 2013

I didnt like the ending at all. Not readworthy in the end.

Rankarana Uploader
New%20profile
Sexy Akiba Detectives
joined Feb 8, 2014

Reread last two chapters and I still don't understand why Chiharu left. I know she said she would, but why did they tacitly decline to discuss why?

She was only down to see her dad for the New Year's break, and school was starting up for her again, so she just pretty much had to leave. Shou wasn't emotionally intelligent enough to question it, and Chiharu was too scared to properly discuss it.

Sayaka_ava
joined Nov 23, 2014

Hmmmmm, okay then. Interested to see what the epilogue has.

Nep
joined Apr 28, 2016

understand nothing, shit manga 0/10

F6027a7c125b156932db27aa264cfb2a
joined Jul 3, 2015

boring, depressing, barely any story at all. Waste of time

Megu
joined Mar 22, 2014

The thing that most disappointed me about the end was that she never got the courage to punch her sister in the face!

That would've been so satisfying to see.

Johanliebert
joined Dec 15, 2015

A bitter, but somehow heatwarming end. I don't know, it feels like people who are calling this "crap" and "boring" are missing something. Chiharu left, just as it was obvious and meant to be, but she made Shou change, which is highlighted on the last panels, where she shouts, and even more when she finds that boring and timeless town she hates so much beautiful.

I believe that, whether it's Chiharu or Shou- if not both, one will come to find the other, that's the feeling I got in the end. Again, it was nicely done. Thanks for translating it, Sexy Akiba Detective.

I thoroughly enjoyed it, and I'm waiting for the extra. Yoshida Chyu's art is really gorgeous; gloomy and delicate. I wish she'd drawn more yuri.

last edited at Nov 21, 2016 6:54AM

joined Jul 31, 2013

I liked it.

joined Feb 23, 2016

Nooooo T^T I wanted them to be happy T^T

Fennec
joined May 28, 2012

Just another wasted potential.I hope the epilogue will make thing a bit less confusing.

F4x-3lwx0aa0tcu31
joined Apr 20, 2013

I feel bad for her but... The sister was kind of right... a prick but right, I thought that would've been her call to action but it wasn't, it's bittersweet.

Img_8812564559060
joined Oct 6, 2015

Before I finish reading, I scrolled up and double check if there's an "angst" tag..lol

last edited at Nov 21, 2016 10:14AM

Untitled102_20231004232707
joined Mar 26, 2014

Can't wait for the epilogue! I mean cause at the end she is trying to change with the whole "It's beautiful.." Hopefully we'll get a all grown up version. :D

Yuu
joined Mar 28, 2015

Meh. It tried to be profound, but failed to convey any emotion.

It was gloomy and depressing, even if it tries to end on an hopeful note.

Dynasty%20necromancer
joined Mar 6, 2014

Hanako
joined Jan 26, 2014

I actually kind of liked the ending. It kind of leaves it open ended whether they'll see each other again, but with her starting to see some beauty in the world around her, it's definitely a possibility.

Now, I don't really like her sister, but she's not completely wrong. A big part of her inability to see anything good in life comes from herself. Of course, her sister's not really doing anything to help her with this, unlike Chiharu.

That said, I wouldn't mind if the epilogue told a bit more about what happens next. Like, does she start talking more with her mom or classmates? I'm actually more interested in seeing this than I am in a reunion with Chiharu.

joined Jun 14, 2013

This deserves a long Boooooooo. Tried too hard and it turned out to be really lame. From beginning to end this did nothing for my interest or emotions, just felt really indifferent the whole way through. I'm glad I won't be seeing more of this.

Nezchan Moderator
Meiling%20bun%20150px
joined Jun 28, 2012

I think the big flaw the ending had was that Shou was shown changing very little throughout the series, despite Chiharu's best efforts. That meant most of the stuff at the end of the last chapter didn't resonate very well. There was nothing really to invest the reader. I do like that Chiharu is relying on her to actually put in effort to find her and potentially start a real relationship, it's the one thing that the reader has to really hold on to.

If she does find her, or at least start searching, in the epilogue, that'll help a lot.

Jackavi
joined Feb 23, 2014

Meh, basically what Nez said but to add to that, I wouldn't have minded the tiny amount of change had it been like 3-4 chapters longer, that way this chapter could have been the start of Shou changing but no :/

Maki%20und%20nico
joined Nov 18, 2014

She should have shown her "change" in this chapter a bit more. Saying something like "I don't want u to go" or "How can we stay in contact".

I just like happy end's more than open end's.

joined Feb 18, 2015

Really looking forward to that epilogue. This was pretty profoundly good.

Kinchan%20drawing%20maru%20%20dfhgsdhfsdhgsdf%20i%20lov%20e
joined Dec 21, 2015

That...was wow. Brought me to tears a few times. The art and the storyline were gorgeous. Although I do think Chiharu could have been so much more as a character, I found the MC to be a very compelling and complicated one, albeit a little down in the dumps (although that, to me, wasn't anything unappealing). A more satisfying conclusion was possible, but I loved this bittersweet ending where nothing was fully concluded, but both parties appeared to have walked away with something new-an emotion, a message, or outlook on life. Absolutely gorgeous stuff.

Thank you, scanlators!

last edited at Nov 21, 2016 5:13PM

To reply you must either login or sign up.