Forum › Hana and Hina After School discussion

joined Jul 23, 2014

-licensed-

well, there goes my chance of reading this, it really sucks to live in a third world shithole.

Malibu Uploader
Hogfather
Kouyuri
joined Jan 25, 2016

You won't have the ability to order an English version? Maybe they'll allow an ebook purchase? Not sure how that licensing works...

Kayo
joined Sep 9, 2016

I really like this manga, and I'm glad it's been licensed. I want to support my favourite mangaka!

Malibu Uploader
Hogfather
Kouyuri
joined Jan 25, 2016

I really like this manga, and I'm glad it's been licensed. I want to support my favourite mangaka!

Us too :) Kouyuri wouldn't be scanlating this series if it was being released in English soon, but since the licensed release date is almost 1.5 years in the future (for Vol 2), we thought we'd keep scanlating to keep the fans hooked. Keep buying manga though! I know I will, because I want to keep reading more of Morinaga's tales :)

Kayo
joined Sep 9, 2016

Us too :) Kouyuri wouldn't be scanlating this series if it was being released in English soon, but since the licensed release date is almost 1.5 years in the future (for Vol 2), we thought we'd keep scanlating to keep the fans hooked. Keep buying manga though! I know I will, because I want to keep reading more of Morinaga's tales :)

And I thank you for your efforts! I can't wait for the official release so I'm lucky that you guys are translating this. ^_^ Still going to buy the manga when it is finally released, though!

LumberingCrane
Djltnk3ucaamfms
joined Apr 12, 2016

Haha, I don't know what's up with the comments not really liking all the cliches in the plot of this story. At least for me, that's one of the defining traits of Morinaga Milk's work: the angst that she puts in her stories feel samey across the different series she has. This is bad if you're looking for more variety, but it can also be considered a good thing in the sense that you know exactly what to expect when you're going into one of her works.

Plus, the fact that her stories always seem to be the bog standard setting of all-girls highschool that uses the tropes that we've seen countless times in yuri before -- except in Morinaga Milk's case, most if not all of her works execute these tropes fairly well -- means that the series that she makes work well as an introduction for newcomers to the genre.

Dark_Tzitzimine
67763073_p3
joined Dec 18, 2013

The problem with me at least is that Morinaga's work have become pretty predictable. Everything follows the same structure and hits the same plot beats regardless the setting. Add the pacing issues that sometimes arise and the whole thing feels like Morinaga is phoning it in pretty hard of late.

Djltnk3ucaamfms
joined Apr 12, 2016

The problem with me at least is that Morinaga's work have become pretty predictable. Everything follows the same structure and hits the same plot beats regardless the setting. Add the pacing issues that sometimes arise and the whole thing feels like Morinaga is phoning it in pretty hard of late.

I actually agree with everything you said here, although I personally don't view it wholly as a negative. To be honest, nowadays I go read Morinaga Milk's works expecting those exact same plot beats and with that usual predictability that is present in her manga, and I'm cool with all that because that's what I've come to expect from her. The pacing issues though I have to agree is still pretty negative.

Hamansteam2
joined Jan 31, 2013

I do not view it as a negative at all. Sometimes you want that safe familiarity. Morinaga Milk's manga are like that restaurant I visit every week; the same but enjoyable so I keep coming back.

last edited at Oct 3, 2016 11:35AM

Roomfortwo
joined Feb 11, 2014

Unfortunately, it's a very sensible fear. People go back to their exes all the time. And if you don't even have a relationship yet, then an ex coming back into your target's life is something you should at least ask about, if you can manage it. I think that's one of the more realistic parts of Hana to Hina (and also of Lily Love).

In my own experience (well, and people around me), when exes comes back, it's more often to bitch or mess things up than trying to get back together. Counting the whole "we stayed friends/on good terms, but no longer love each other", the "I'll get them back !" is rare enough. And even if they do want to, the other party might not.

Assuming you break up for a good reason, of course, and not just at the first bit of fighting...

last edited at Oct 3, 2016 12:18PM

Nezchan Moderator
Meiling%20bun%20150px
joined Jun 28, 2012

My experience with exes is that they don't stop being part of the community you met them in to start with, so you're bound to run into them from time to time as you're still likely to have friends and interests in common.

Maybe I'm fortunate that my exes don't tend to be vindictive people.

Yuu
joined Mar 28, 2015

Running into you exes at the places you used to hang-out together is always really awkward.

Especially if one of you, or both, is with someone else there.

Nezchan Moderator
Meiling%20bun%20150px
joined Jun 28, 2012

Running into you exes at the places you used to hang-out together is always really awkward.

Especially if one of you, or both, is with someone else there.

Well, for the most part I've managed to stay on friendly terms with my exes. The couple of exceptions both ended up moving away. Guess I'm lucky in that sense.

Yuri Girl 1001 Uploader
Avitar
Fly by Yuri
joined Mar 29, 2013

I only have one ex. We broke up with bad feelings, lies, and lies from a third party. But it wasn't too awfully long till we mostly cleared lies and misunderstandings away and became friends again.

Time passed... then I wanted to get back together but she didn't. More time passed... now she wanted to get back together but I didn't. Still more time has passed... and we're good friends and both agree that we're much better as friends than we ever were as lovers.

That's two exes, mine and one of hers, that wanted to get back together. (Though it never happened.)

Edit: I haven't even read any of chapter 12 or beyond in the Japanese yet, so don't take this as meaning that the ex in the story is trying to get back together. I simply don't know.

last edited at Oct 3, 2016 10:05PM

Icono%20daijishin%20pony
joined Mar 13, 2016

WOw, I just loved the face of Hana-san when she heared the EX word.... LOL... soooo cute.... and it's true, this is just the Milk Morinaga style that I never get tired of <3 As ZuljinRaynor said, the restaurant that keeps me coming back <3 .... but with some new things that I love! :DDD awww

Thanks truthfully for the scans!! So looking forward to buy the original but, OMG, 1.5 years to read it's a torture D: so THAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAANK YOU VERY MUCH MALIBU and yuri girl 1001 and everyone!! <3<3<3<3

joined Jun 12, 2015

Hana and Hina After School got axed in Japan. Volume 3 is the last one :(

Hamansteam2
joined Jan 31, 2013

As in cancelled or is it just finished?

joined Jun 12, 2015

The story will end in november and close in three volumes. As for the reason why it will end so fast? Coz the manga is boring and is not selling well.

Hamansteam2
joined Jan 31, 2013

It doesn't need to be 5 volumes. 3 sounds long enough to me.

67763073_p3
joined Dec 18, 2013

The story will end in november and close in three volumes. As for the reason why it will end so fast? Coz the manga is boring and is not selling well.

That sucks but I can't say those aren't unearned criticisms.

Kayo
joined Sep 9, 2016

Do you have a source for all this information, or are you just making it up? I only heard that the author will end the manga.

If true, then I'm sad this got axed when other worse yuri (in my opinion) go on and on. :(

EDIT: I don't mean to sound rude, but I'm a journalist, so sources and stuff are close to my heart. xD

last edited at Nov 1, 2016 12:32PM

joined Jun 12, 2015

Do you have a source for all this information, or are you just making it up? I only heard that the author will end the manga.

If true, then I'm sad this got axed when other worse yuri (in my opinion) go on and on. :(

EDIT: I don't mean to sound rude, but I'm a journalist, so sources and stuff are close to my heart. xD

https://twitter.com/morimilmil/status/781635716807655425

Nishiki%20gosu%20rori%20dark%20hair%20sm
joined Jan 11, 2015

...And with this, we'll focus on other projects while we await the release of vol. 3. =]

21294649_1973051396268417_6602197588240236544_n
joined Jun 7, 2015

Really HOT in swimsuit and underwear wow.

Etult87ueaawqbz_%20(2)
joined Oct 15, 2016

...And with this, we'll focus on other projects while we await the release of vol. 3. =]

Vol. 3 is the last one right?

Thanks for your amazing work btw.

To reply you must either login or sign up.