Forum › Cocytus discussion

Rx_5_50
joined May 3, 2016

This is a very refreshing story.

S
joined Dec 9, 2015

Honestly, I am worried about the author. I really liked her Renai manga but then all the other works...hurts. Its interesting to read such drama heavy stories at times but its not really pleasant.

Woof
joined Feb 8, 2013

Will there be a continuation about Kuroneko-san???

Asasa
joined Nov 20, 2015

Urgg.. i feel like i asked to stop reading a story in the middle of it... too bad...

Screenshot%20(107)
joined Dec 27, 2014

Aaannnddd time to reread cause i alredy forgot everything :S

joined Jun 12, 2015

Thanks to this chapter the story of Moratorium is much better.

Received_468649373647826
joined May 24, 2015

Come on just kiss already,this manga is way too depressing just want to throw my phone after reading the last chapter.

08f6612130a20845a480034c0567fbe1d8926209_hq
joined Apr 27, 2014

...Aaaand the hope I had for the blonde to shake it off went down the drain.

Damn why!

xD

A2bcf11834a1918b3f09b4219b2a099f_r
joined Aug 16, 2014

You should at least sleep around on the side too, Itsuki.

Also,

I like manipulative, even somewhat sociopathic characters who are completely aware of their awfulness, and do not strive to change at all.

A toast to that, fellow yuri fan. With drinks filled with tears.

Utena-240x146
joined Sep 13, 2015

I do think that Itsuki should go out with that co-worker on a date so she can explore her sexuality. This manga is like the gay girl falls for her best-friend that's straight. It’s not going to happen with Mao. As she even said in her inner monologue that she finds the idea of them disgusting. She just wants Itsuki to love her because it makes her feel wanted and because she is a selfish person.

In this situation Itsuki is going to get her heartbroken as she is too hopeful that Mao likes her more than friendship. She says "I’ve opened my arms and now I can just wait." She is going to be waiting a long time because nothing will change regarding Moa. Moa is straight as a pole.

2x2-shinobuden-m001
joined Dec 14, 2014

So Itsuki is going to pay her back in her own coin to "progress" (or at least keep the status quo, if I'm misinterpreting the "jump into my embrace"-part).

last edited at Sep 18, 2016 4:43PM

schuyguy Uploader
Imura%20ei%20music%20concert%20face
Yuri Project
joined Jul 14, 2016

She is going to be waiting a long time because nothing will change regarding Moa. Moa is straight as a pole.

Itsuki at some point became aware that their relationship is a battle, whereas Mao was treating it like that the whole time. Ituski's been losing so far, but she is very aware of both her own weaknesses and Mao's. Itsuki's stuck because she just can't bring herself to leave Mao. However, she knows that Mao couldn't bear to lose her. This little scheme with her coworker's text and the lease on their apartment might be a bluff, but it's succeeded in making Mao desperate. She'd do anything to keep Itsuki. In the past, Itsuki always caved first - Mao successfully provoked her and disarmed her each time they clashed - but from this last chapter, we learn that Itsuki is perfectly aware that she's being manipulated, and that she is much more cunning than Mao. So far, Mao has been pretty successful in using seduction. She's never had to go all the way because Ituski caves at the slightest provocation. if Itsuki held out long enough, Mao would be desperate enough to sleep with her. I think that's what she meant with the line "If she's afraid of losing me, she'll jump into my arms on her own." That probably wouldn't make either of them happy though....

last edited at Sep 18, 2016 5:12PM

Sulk
joined Jul 19, 2015

I actually enjoyed this last chapter. The story didnt exactly progress, but it was still a fun read. Seeing that Mao was the one being manipulated this whole time was a pretty nice twist. My favorite chapter out of those 3.

joined Feb 23, 2016

You should at least sleep around on the side too, Itsuki.

Also,

I like manipulative, even somewhat sociopathic characters who are completely aware of their awfulness, and do not strive to change at all.

A toast to that, fellow yuri fan. With drinks filled with tears.

Amen to that!

C__data_users_defapps_appdata_internetexplorer_temp_saved%20images_lavender_town_screenshot
joined Dec 9, 2014

I don't really think that Itsuki has been manipulating Mao. She is just smarter than Mao thinks, and also choses to stay in this situation and not move on from Mao. She likes her and probably finds it less painful to try to move on, unless she really needs to.

Mao is attracted to men but hasn't fall in love with one, yet the exact opposite happens with Itsuki. Besides the fact that this is also an orientation (if she is trully heterosexual but homoromantic) I believe that maybe this could also be a mechanism for her to stay away from getting too close with someone. Like being with someone but keeping an emotional distance at the same time.

The way this ends, I do believe that at some point they will eventually drift apart. Itsuki will probably realise this goes nowhere and will end it. Maybe Mao will get even more desperate then and even try to sleep with her, but Itsuki will see how this can't work.

Soralaylaff
joined Oct 16, 2013

Is there more of these two after ch 5? If not I think this is a pretty happy ending....I mean as happy as it can be for these two I guess. Itsuki isn't as clueless as we thought, accepts the situation as it is, and is also emotionally manipulating Mao, then I don't really feel sorry for her haha. Hopefully it works out in her favor because damn it's been a long time since they've stayed in this "platonic" relationship. It's been like 6 years now? Girl has the patience of a monk.

Img-20190201-wa0005
joined Sep 21, 2015

LMAO THEY ARE BOTH SCREWED HAHAHAHA... and I even thought that Itsuki was being fooled LOL.

Nao%20smug%20face
joined Feb 1, 2016

I think I'm not gonna satisfied until Itsuki having sex with another girl in front of Mao (lol)

last edited at Sep 18, 2016 7:26PM

Pikachuwhat
joined Mar 13, 2014

I feel a little better seeing that Itsuki isn't ask helpless as Mao saw her to be, but I can't be satisfied with this because nothing has changed between them. They both sort of want each other (in different ways), and yet...

Gumi%203
joined May 7, 2016

a relationship where they only communicate with tricks and gambits

Tumblr_lhn2y5j5rz1qbc0x9
joined Jul 26, 2013

whaaaatT?! It's completed....Guess I'll just dream of a future of Mao x Itsuki.

Animeyuridanshismall
joined Apr 25, 2014

so while mao was playing checkers, itsuki was playing 4D hyperchess.

A2bcf11834a1918b3f09b4219b2a099f_r
joined Aug 16, 2014

a relationship where they only communicate with tricks and gambits

Love at its finest.

79769fb62fb8crop
joined Dec 7, 2014

Personally, I quite enjoyed this. I do think Itsuki has the upper hand in this situation and she realizes this herself. Itsuki knows that Mao is scared of losing her. Itsuki also holds the power to end their current relationship whenever she wants (If she decides to not renew her rent agreement and move). If Itsuki decides to move on, she can do so at anytime. Itsuki is using this to her advantage by slowly making Mao feel more and more insecure to force Mao to spend more time with her and prevent Mao from forming any close relationships with other people. Eventually, Mao will be forced to make the decision whether or not she will return Itsuki's feelings. While Itsuki has plenty of friends to fall back upon, Mao doesn't really have anyone. This will make it harder for Mao to decline even if she doesn't see Itsuki in a sexual light. So I think Itsuki is way more manipulative than Mao.

Img-20190201-wa0005
joined Sep 21, 2015

I just realized this: http://dynasty-scans.com/chapters/cocytus_ch05#7
She left her phone on the table on purpouse and Mao checked on it, so Mao must have read that thing about the date... Demn, now I know that Itsuki is not only not a fool, but she's a little manipulative too.

To reply you must either login or sign up.