Forum › Office Romance: Women's Division discussion

Norainhere Uploader
2hu%20cats
joined Jun 27, 2014

Yay, it's back! Nice to see their relationship is still going strong, too.

Fb_img_1479131434796
joined Oct 6, 2014

Yes!!!! A new chapter for this. I loved this so much. We need more "adult life" stories out there.

That bed they were in was way too small.

Utena%20rose%20white%20200x200
joined Mar 28, 2014

Oh, the cuties are back! I could read this forever and still wouldn't get bored...

2x2-shinobuden-m001
joined Dec 14, 2014

I had almost forgotten about this one so I went back and re-read all the previous chapters. A good time was had!

joined Jun 12, 2015

Morishima Akiko is a yuri goddess

Breakdanceanomicon
joined Jun 13, 2015

How much am I supposed to read into the ex being a mangaka? Did Akiko-sensei get dumped for a bisexual woman who only has experience with men? I sure hope not...

Noface
joined Jun 23, 2016

Thank you so much for the translation !!! I love this manga (and all the other manga from Akiko) sooooooooooo much !

Yuu
joined Mar 28, 2015

Cue for the ex to show up now.

Download202001sdsfsfdsfsdfdsfdsfs02154639
joined Apr 18, 2016

Man, I don't like that mangaka girl. Busy is one thing, but ignoring any kind of communication for a month or more really is unacceptable. Even after reading that side story from her perspective, still dislike her. Saki's definitely better off with someone who can make time for her.

Heres%20wakasa
joined Jul 28, 2016

Huh, I thought that this was over for some reason... well, good thing it's not! I don't really remember what happened in the previous chapters, so I suppose it's time for a reread!

Also, is it just me or is that Kale and Yurika from YKA on the second page of the new chapter? As I said, I don't remember the previous chapters, so it's more likely that they're just characters that look similar to them, but, yeah, I'm curious about those two.

Heimyfr
joined Aug 18, 2015

"I was just finishing my manga." Argument.

Nezchan Moderator
Meiling%20bun%20150px
joined Jun 28, 2012

What a bare-bones bed, though.

Nezchan Moderator
Meiling%20bun%20150px
joined Jun 28, 2012

According to her side story, the ex already has a girlfriend and already briefly reappeared in her life. So she doesn't seem placed in a way to cause that sort of complications.

Screenshot%20(107)
joined Dec 27, 2014

Huh, I thought that this was over for some reason... well, good thing it's not! I don't really remember what happened in the previous chapters, so I suppose it's time for a reread!

Exaclty me haha

Marion Diabolito
Dynsaty%20scans%20avatar%20from%20twgokhs
joined Jan 5, 2015

Long comment: woman at a somewhat Christian coffee shop saw me reading this, liked the art, asked what it was, I told her it was Office Romance: Women's Division by Akiko Morishima. Then I decided the only thing she'd have possibly ever heard of by her was Yuri Kuma Arashi. So I told her about it and the bears and humans interacting, she asked if it was like Disney bear-friends and I said, well, no, it's quite a bit darker humor than that. At that point I wish I'd bit the bullet and said she's a somewhat prominent Japanese comic artist who specializes in lesbian romances. But there you go. I doubt anything else by her would be noticed by most American audiences, glad Morishima got the bear gig. I also didnt tell her the cute wedding was a nightmare :)

Marion Diabolito
joined Jan 5, 2015

According to her side story, the ex already has a girlfriend and already briefly reappeared in her life. So she doesn't seem placed in a way to cause that sort of complications.

None of the girls seem to have much citrus in their diets.

Marion Diabolito
joined Jan 5, 2015

How much am I supposed to read into the ex being a mangaka? Did Akiko-sensei get dumped for a bisexual woman who only has experience with men? I sure hope not...

If it's autobiographical, then Morishima-sensei was a very neglectful workholic girlfriend and drove her ex away.

Download202001sdsfsfdsfsdfdsfdsfs02154639
joined Apr 18, 2016

These chapters don't really get too much into it, but the spin-off focusing on the manga-ka and her new girlfriend makes it pretty clear it was the manga-ka's fault. She didn't "get dumped," she picked her job over her girlfriend and Saki eventually moved on. So if it's a commentary on anything, the author would be blaming herself for being married to the job

Nezchan Moderator
Meiling%20bun%20150px
joined Jun 28, 2012

I doubt it's autobiographical. She does work a lot, we know that from her actual autobiographical comics, but also likes to get out and have fun. I can't see her being the "married to my job" type who'd choose work over a girlfriend.

joined Jan 8, 2014

:o .... :O !
So, what your saying is you haven't even read office romance!?
Omg you have to go to the artist page right away cause theres also like side storys and junk...if u liked this ch even slightly the other ones are much better :)

I wonder if there'll be more chs after this, I was super surprised oh and totally thought itd be a rom-com reference that shed fight with her about what happened in her dream :p lol

Nep
joined Apr 28, 2016

disgusting manga
disgusting art style
drop

Img-20190201-wa0005
joined Sep 21, 2015

Uh? When is that shown? I re-read everything and there's no side story yet, maybe you're talking about untranslated stuff? (spoilers? lol)

Tofu
joined Feb 8, 2016

Somehow missed all of this series other than the Honey and Mustard continuation, but it's really cute. Though regardless of their professional work, I'd be running for the hills if someone was planning our wedding in the beginning of a relationship lol...

Untitled
joined Sep 10, 2015

Muh yearly serials! Only 4 more years to wrap it up! I've been following this couple since I started reading yuri. Is there anything we can do to help lililicious? They put out some of the absolute best yuri and translations, but it's so few and far between releases.

Uh? When is that shown? I re-read everything and there's no side story yet, maybe you're talking about untranslated stuff? (spoilers? lol)

It's in a few of morishima's other works. This series came out of a series of one shots from the other tankobans. Get reading!

joined Sep 20, 2014

Morishima sensei..THANK YOU. thank you for your great art.

To reply you must either login or sign up.