Forum › Happy Sugar Life discussion

Capture
joined Sep 22, 2014

I wonder what Hida's going to do from here on out. She has some general unhappiness in her life, but she may be the only "major" character who doesn't seem to be a yandere (yet?).

Maybe the sins Sato admits will finally give us some answers about her aunt.

Cihwhxhu4aaoyxx
joined Apr 28, 2016

i am convinced that literally everyone ( but hida ) is insane in this universe.

Yurikosmaller2
joined May 28, 2011

ch 9, pg 67 had an error that was fixed http://bato.to/reader#87b2a66125a4dcb7_33

joined Dec 13, 2015

I'm getting increasingly wary of Hida. There's obviously something going on behind close doors (it doesn't seem full out nuts like Sato or creeper boy, just kind of not as happy as she usually looks), and I'm not entirely sure whether her vehement defence/liking for Sato is just a normal best friends thing, or if there's something deeper behind it. If there is, she could well be the only fucked up person Sato didn't decipher almost immediately, which could be interesting (maybe Hida's like the final boss/antagonist or something? I sure hope not).

Ava
joined Jul 16, 2013

So I guess the mother got pregnant at a very young age and that is why she is so young? Would explain her sons lolicon tendencies.

joined Jun 30, 2015

Is it just me or every character will go nut, sooner or later?

Budokan2
joined Jan 13, 2015

I still hope that Sato-chan reaches a good end.
Yandere for life~

Vegitab%20profile%20pic%20smoll%20tumblr
joined Sep 21, 2014

So I guess the mother got pregnant at a very young age and that is why she is so young? Would explain her sons lolicon tendencies.

What.
Teenage pregnancy -> lolicon children
??

last edited at Sep 10, 2016 11:56AM

joined Apr 25, 2013

And Sato continues to be one of the most sane characters in this after Hida

last edited at Sep 11, 2016 2:58AM

joined Apr 1, 2013

and shit just got real folks! so is sato seriously going to tell Shio about what shes done? like for reals? man everyone in this manga is a psychopath or crazy lunatic even that guys mother didnt bat at eye at his room xD
Given the Shio backstory it seems like Shio's biological mother probably got raped and forced to have Shio and as for her not going outside maybe its because she didnt want the one who raped her to find her? hence the over protection thing? but either way looks like her mother had alot of issues too like i saw drugs.. abuse (given to her) anxiety emotionally unstable :( i kinda feel sorry for her.

Btw who is that supposed to be on page 116 - 117 it feels like a relative of Sato's ?

last edited at Sep 11, 2016 12:17PM

shadesofgreymoon
Swxj4ro
joined Jun 5, 2016

To me it just looks like Shio and her brother were abandoned by their mother and left with their brute monster of a father who obviously at the LEAST beat the SNOT out of her brother and did god knows what to her. I think Shio saw her mother die, I think her father got ahold of her and beat her to death, and that's why we saw that scene with her seeing blood and why she's blocking out her mother's face and everything else from her memory. And I think she blames herself. I think perhaps her mother came back to get them as she promised, and met death in the form of the father, and Shio saw it all. In fact, I bet her mother's last words were something akin to not letting go of her hand.

I think Sato, as someone earlier put so eloquently, did indeed "get the bad touch" from her aunt, and enduring it for as long as she seems to have done forced her to withdraw into herself, and as a result feel absolutely nothing. That's why she had no regard for her body or her reputation with the boys, and why she talks about starting to feel things, the first thing being jealousy--she's coming unwound. And she's going to continue to cling as hard to Shio as she can because she sees her as a sort of salvation (just like creepy guy).

I think it will be an interesting turn soon, as I think Shio is going to be faced with facing what she's blocked out, the anger and rage and fear of the person who killed her mother, and then having to work through what those feelings mean if she finds out that Sato, too, is a killer. And I think Sato is going to find out very soon what it feels like to lose something you hold dear, and is probably gonna snap. This story doesn't really lend a lot of flexibility with character development outside the darker things.

Yurikosmaller2
joined May 28, 2011
Reimu-pet-cirno
joined May 17, 2013

Btw who is that supposed to be on page 116 - 117 it feels like a relative of Sato's ?

It's her aunt. If you look back at chapter seven, her aunt has the same haircut.

And she's going to continue to cling as hard to Shio as she can because she sees her as a sort of salvation (just like creepy guy).

Given that Sato looks about the same age as Shio at the end of chapter seven, I have to wonder if the visage of her aunt is her realizing(at least subconsciously) that she's exactly the same. Both Sato and Taiyou are seeking some form of purification in Shio; if her aunt was seeking the same thing from Sato, it could easily have given Sato a warped point of view that made kidnapping Shio the most logical thing to do(especially since every indication is that auntie never stopped molesting Sato until Sato ended her).

joined Feb 15, 2013

It's her aunt. If you look back at chapter seven, her aunt has the same haircut.

And she's going to continue to cling as hard to Shio as she can because she sees her as a sort of salvation (just like creepy guy).

Given that Sato looks about the same age as Shio at the end of chapter seven, I have to wonder if the visage of her aunt is her realizing(at least subconsciously) that she's exactly the same. Both Sato and Taiyou are seeking some form of purification in Shio; if her aunt was seeking the same thing from Sato, it could easily have given Sato a warped point of view that made kidnapping Shio the most logical thing to do(especially since every indication is that auntie never stopped molesting Sato until Sato ended her).

Hey we don't know whether her aunt molest her yet. Why are we already move the discussion on whether her aunt was still molesting Satou until she was killed? D:

Maybe she is just a very nice clingy aunt. Who is just a bit obsessing with Satou wellbeing so constantly check the growth of her br... ah nvm

J/k aside, would be a MINDFUCK moment if they reveal Satou's aunt to be an older carbon copy of Satou personality-wise. With her aunt kidnap, trap and groom her the same way Satou do to Shio. And maybe by realising that, Satou will escape a repeat of the aunt mistake.

So instead of being killed and chopped up by an eventually frustrated Shio, both will run away and start a new life, and live happily ever with their newly 'adopted' daughter

last edited at Sep 12, 2016 3:50PM

Untitled
joined Dec 16, 2014

I want to know... Where and how Sato found Shio

Osu
joined Jul 29, 2016

Im alright with everything in this series so far except Mitsuboshi. Thats guys character makes no sense to me
Or maybe its just that I feel like he's a threat to Satou and Shio being together >.<

joined Feb 15, 2013

Not sure which of you is this guy. But good work, we need more yuri fan's youtube channels ^^

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=w7iHAUfq8WE

joined Sep 13, 2016

I started reading this manga yesterday. Got hooked. Read every single chapter. Now I'm here losing my mind cause i need to see more lol

joined Sep 13, 2016

Im alright with everything in this series so far except Mitsuboshi. Thats guys character makes no sense to me
Or maybe its just that I feel like he's a threat to Satou and Shio being together >.<

I like his character. I just don't want him to get his way

Fb_img_1557642301687
joined Aug 12, 2013

This series gives me a Future Diary kind of vibe. I dig it.

Reimu-pet-cirno
joined May 17, 2013

The guy was raped for days on end. He hasn't so much started putting himself together as thrown a blanket over the pieces hoping nobody would see. But now that Hida's seen it, she's doubting Satou; I'd expect her to start sniffing around like Suu did. Suu, I think, will take this as competition and bring them into (quite possibly bloody)conflict, which I doubt Satou will be able to escape from.

And, on top of all this mess, there's Onii-chan.

joined Sep 18, 2016

I hope the boy who is looking for Shio isn't a pedo, I really liked him.

UlquiorraSchiffer1
Download
joined Sep 6, 2016

This is really creepy. I wouldn't be surprised if any of the lead characters die in the end.

Reimu-pet-cirno
joined May 17, 2013

If Shio bites it, somehow I think it'll be in Onii-chan's arms just as he finds her.

joined Dec 26, 2015

Guys Happy Sugar Life needs your help!

http://www.strawpoll.me/11215612

To reply you must either login or sign up.