Forum › Posts by SniperPumpkin

joined Dec 26, 2015

Woah....Kakegurui is officially yuri

Damn....i was wrong.....NICE!!!!!

I mean, there IS yuri in Kakegurui, it's just sadly not focused on.

seriously? I didn't know that , could u point out to me where is the yuri exactly?

Besides what Titanoktonon said there is also the fact that there is a sub plot between Mary and Yumeko that you can´t just ignore unlike its anime counterpart the Indian poker arc was more of a beginning to the current development in the manga Mary though she hasn't resized yet has now more then you would call a crush on Yumeko as she is all she can think about right now and wants to do everything in her power to protect her.

last edited at May 14, 2018 7:10AM

SniperPumpkin
joined Dec 26, 2015

Happy Sugar Life TVCM voiced by Kana Hanazawa voicing as Sato.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=c1pnGEmqlVw

This means Happy Sugar Life will have an anime, drama cd or something? Anyway, just by having this I'm happy. I love this manga, Sato and Kana.

Well Kakegurui also got a TVCM in 2016 and now a year later it's anime will air this summer so their is a high change that Sugar Life will get a adaption in 2018

SniperPumpkin
joined Dec 26, 2015

Happy Sugar Life TVCM voiced by Kana Hanazawa voicing as Sato.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=c1pnGEmqlVw

SniperPumpkin
joined Dec 26, 2015

Secret ending reveal: Shio's the murderer.

Shiro's the mastermind she is just acting all cute while in real she is the devil her self.

SniperPumpkin
joined Dec 26, 2015

Was there any character in the history of manga and anime like Satou's aunt?

Like it seemed that she is extremely sharp, extremely manipulative and corruptive. But instead of using for some grand scheme, she is only set it up to satisfy her submissive masochist nature.

And it's spooky as heck. Satou feels like a good lamb standing next to her.

The closest character in manga and anime history so far would be Akane from Kuzu no Honkai xD

SniperPumpkin
SniperPumpkin
joined Dec 26, 2015

Guys Happy Sugar Life needs your help!

http://www.strawpoll.me/11215612

Do we have a rough estimate on how long a volume would take to come out?

I don't mind waiting, but if we go with the magazine option instead for popular consensus, I would be okay with donating towards that.

Amazon jp says that the 4th volume be out on the 22th of November.

SniperPumpkin
joined Dec 26, 2015

Guys Happy Sugar Life needs your help!

http://www.strawpoll.me/11215612

SniperPumpkin
joined Dec 26, 2015

Oh, Shio lied. Blond guy is definitely hurt for now, but he'll be back, and I'm not sure if he knows it's Sato or not, but he did see a girl carrying Shio off. Sato's hood fell off, I think he recognised her. This will probably fuck with Sato later, it's a pretty crucial piece of information, that she was seen, that the lolicon approached Shio. He sort of has the upper hand now, with that knowledge. They don't know what each other have to do with Shio, but the guy now knows that Sato is the key to Shio.
It always troubled me, how much Shio knows, how much is she actually aware of (it'd be a great plot twist too), and time after time I find myself thinking "nah, it's alright, she's just a cutie". The author always seemed to ease my suspicions, whenever I start to doubt how sincere Shio's feelings are, but this time tho...
Shio looked into Sato's eyes, and lied. She lied, with that same, easygoing, cute af smile she always beamed at Sato. So she can make that face on command. Maybe, for the sake of the benefit of the doubt, for some reason, she doesn't remember her encounter with the guy, but still, that would be sort of... pointless?. It resembles last time too much, when Sato asked her who's her favourite person in the world. I had a feeling that perhaps, from that face she made, she was caught off guard by Sato's question, and quickly realising that it was an important question, answered with the cutest, sweetest face. Or was she actually prepared? There was no hesitation. If Shio knows more than she lets on, that's the only way she can hide it. But still, I don't remember everything I've read but, she does seem to worry and love Sato. Shio's really the character that's fucking with my mind the most tbh
Sato seems to definitely doubt Shio now, but like, doubt in the sense that she doesn't trust that Shio's behavior matches Sato's best interest. At the very least, she believes Shio's love to be genuine.
But Shio tho... I think she does remember speaking to the guy, and lied because she judged that it'd be for the best, that Sato didn't know. Makes me wonder how much of Sato does Shio actually understand, if she knows enough about Sato to be careful.
But man... Sato's world is cracking. Shio is starting to remember. She drew that bigass thing on the wall, and then closed the door, hiding it. Sato is starting to be left in the dark about certain things, huh. That they didn't swear the vow, that's pretty important too. The balance of their world is shattering, people are starting to interfere. Things are gonna go to hell soon enough.

Cekai: Also, bless Faust for taking the time to analyze the story 'cause at this point I am just enjoying Sato's craziness.

⁄(⁄ ⁄•⁄▃⁄•⁄ ⁄)⁄
Just some disorganised thoughts really. I keep low key forgetting details about the story, and that sucks cus details are so important, especially in this case. The series' just really intriguing, it's as much for myself, to materialise my thoughts, then just sharing some points, to whoever's down to read haha. I've made wall-sized posts about this like, well a few times yeah, but how do ppl even remember lmao, last time was like 2 pages/a month ago

Your just the best xD I usually don't read walls of texts but love to read your Sugar Life once =)

SniperPumpkin
joined Dec 26, 2015

GrimEater posted:

Lel
Exactly how I remember highschool. Good times
;D

Yeah, same here. I remember dismembering people who crossed me all the time. Sometimes my friends and I would even get together to help each other out. For the person who's going to try to take that seriously: Don't. Like I'd actually admit something like that if I did it, lol.

Though I told you guys that killing is not a nice thing to do U_U

SniperPumpkin
joined Dec 26, 2015

Still, lesbian yandere who is not some random evil henchman?. Big welcoming in my book

Especially considering how adorable Shio is, I think she ...ahem... worth to kill for.

True or some psycho murdering bitch that's get's away with it cause of plot.

This manga is like the deconstruction of the Yandere genre.

I don't understand what's wrong with it when some people complaint about it through? I means how can you write a story about a 'murdering psycho bitch', without having a 'psycho murdering bitch' as protagonist?

Just like you can't film Breaking Bad without starring a drug lord. House of Card without starring a corrupted politician, or Dexter without an emotionless murderer. After all it's not an education text book so there is no need for a perfect protagonist

Yeah but take Sato for a example she is a yandere but a smart one. she doesn't get away with the things she does because plots tells her so but because she knows how to do things unlike Yandere's like Yuno that just kill without thinking the consequences that it will cause her.

ofc I like those kind of crazy girls as well but I prefer crazy smart once xD

SniperPumpkin
joined Dec 26, 2015

Is it just me, or the beginning of the one-shot, feel like it was just a time-skip from actual series?

Shio grew up a bit. Their relationship progressed a bit more. And Sato was just a bit better at control her yandere (possibly due to the first half was without her monologue)

Totally could be canon, with Kiiya was just one of her ex

She seemed more like the generic Yandere type in the oneshot version though while in the main series she is a new type of yandere character ;3

Still, lesbian yandere who is not some random evil henchman?. Big welcoming in my book

Especially considering how adorable Shio is, I think she ...ahem... worth to kill for.

True or some psycho murdering bitch that's get's away with it cause of plot.

This manga is like the deconstruction of the Yandere genre.

SniperPumpkin
joined Dec 26, 2015

Is it just me, or the beginning of the one-shot, feel like it was just a time-skip from actual series?

Shio grew up a bit. Their relationship progressed a bit more. And Sato was just a bit better at control her yandere (possibly due to the first half was without her monologue)

Totally could be canon, with Kiiya was just one of her ex

She seemed more like the generic Yandere type in the oneshot version though while in the main series she is a new type of yandere character ;3

SniperPumpkin
joined Dec 26, 2015

now that we had seen her "yan" side, im sure dere will come eventually

80-90% of her interactions with Shio-chan was dere, such as so and so. By dere, I count the sweet smiles she makes while thinking about Shio-chan as one, or like whenever Sato sees her really. The only time I can think of where she looked 'yan' with Shio-chan, was here

Guys, there was this hypothesis of Sato not having necessarily being the one to have killed the previous residents of their current apartment. Thinking about how she held back and stopped herself from killing the brother actually, saying that if she gave in, she wouldn't be suitable to stay with Shio-chan anymore, I feel like it's another reason/feeling to why I don't think she's responsible for the bodies in that locked room. (And she never actually harmed any of the other yandere/psychotic people in the previous chapters either). But looking back and seeing this page, I feel kinda worried. Like yeah it looks like major shit happened. But I really don't know what. It doesn't necessarily look like she harmed someone, but wtf tho? She's barely dressed, her bra unhooked, and bloodied. Is she wounded? Is it someone else's blood? Was she sexually assaulted? Is this a flashback or something that's gonna happen?
Hmm. And the scene where we realise that they're squatting in someone else's place. Perhaps Sato-chan would stop herself from killing, and there was that instance where she insisted on it too. I'm thinking that perhaps, she wouldn't be against disposing of the bodies.. I can picture her being unfazed and dismembering the bodies, but probs not killing them tbh, I think she would have found another way. Unless 'no-killing' is a mentality she adopted after Shio-chan came into the picture, and she decided that to continue forward like so, she'd have to not do that shit.
I'm all down for the theory that she never actually killed anyone tbh, that'd be kinda neat, that she can hold so much power over others and dominate them if they become a threat, without the OP "can potentially kill anyone" plot device. But then again, I'm not sure who could have killed the residents. Was it a family? Just one person? Two? I kinda assumed it was a couple of people, but rereading, you can't really tell, and nothing indicates if it's one or more. How much mass would those bags hold? Cus, I was wondering if the person could have died of natural causes, but if it was more than one person, it'd be a little far-fetched that they all "naturally" died around the same time, but if it was just one, then maybe? It'd make sense to butcher them (lol i think), if Sato wants to keep their apartment, live somewhere not listed under her name, that'd be useful perhaps? Irc, the teacher called at home and nobody answered. Shio stays at home all day, if their listed phone number was that apartment (ofc not lol) then Shio would've answered (unless Sato said not to answer, but it was never mentioned so no).

Hmm. From what I understand of Sato, a lot of people make her bitter. Surely not so many people are this fucked up, but we've only seen a handful of those around her and we've already encountered 3 (manager, teacher, coworker) with such a distorted perception/expression of 'love'. Sato seems pretty done with their shit tbh. They all make her feel so bitter. She doesn't really seem to get a kick out of life tbh, and with all this bitterness she feels, yeah she's not having a great time. Shio seems to bring her sweetness tho, it makes her feel good. I don't know if her perception and expression of love is more legit than the one from the other people, maybe it's still growing. For now tho, having seen her run out in worry and fear for Shio's safety, rather than anger and paranoia over a possible betrayal, has put me at ease for now. She still seems emotionally unstable, but I'd like to able to trust in her love for Shio, trust that she wishes her the best or something. I probably won't be able to tho, it's a thriller with an unstable yandere mc, to be able to trust her is too much peace of mind for a manga of this genre lmao.

Wish this forum had a like button you are littery the reason why vised this discussion thread. and yeah I like that theory as well and that also would only make her more better then the generic yandere types.

SniperPumpkin
joined Dec 26, 2015

Is there any actually sane character??)))

Sato's friend seems sane xD

SniperPumpkin
SniperPumpkin
joined Dec 26, 2015

So the previous chapters didn't really freak me out but chapter 3 certainly had me running away screaming.

Why?

Thinking back, Shio-chan feels pretty... off, to me. I reread it and I realised...
Shio-chan doesn't go to school doesn't she?
The tv doesn't have cable/ no channels at all.
Shio-chan doesn't go out, Sato-chan doesn't take her out. She just obediently waits for Sato-chan's return.
No friends. No news. No contact with the outside world.
And she doesn't seem to mind, or at least, doesn't voice out any complaints.

I also wondered, by the look on Shio-chan's face when she faced that room, if perhaps, she knows more than she lets on. If she knows of the grim contexts of that room. After finding out, or confirming, that it was locked, she rather easily let it go.
I feel like she explored the house/apartment they live in for the first time, or hadn't thoroughly before. As a child, I'd expect her to be terribly bored, curious, with a bigger sense of wanting to explore. She gave up rather fast, in most of her activities; pat-patting the room, cooking, watching tv, bringing in the laundry. No sense of frustration either, that nothing really went her way, she accepted things rather easily, and moved on. She didn't ask Sato-chan any questions either, no complaints at all, or did she know better than to ask? Shio-chan's expressions are numbered; stoic, or smiling for Sato-chan. Extraordinarily, as a child, she is selfless and understanding. You'd think that a kid would ask more questions, curious about the world and its wonders, but she doesn't. She accepts things the way Sato puts them. Everything Sato says is right
When they interact, the mood is light, fluffly. When you take into account the actual dialogues, it seems stiff, fake, compensating to match the atmosphere. If I knew better, it seems to me that Shio's practically walking on eggshells.
Is she that easygoing, sweet and unconditionally loving Sato, or is she trying to survive?
EDIT: Or does she know what makes Sato-chan tick, and is actually manipulating her?
That was my other thought, if, in fact, Shio-chan knows exactly, or more or less what's going on and is actually relying on Sato-chan.

And when she got dizzy and basically passed out, I wonder if she's malnourished, if the problem is physical, or psychological. A memory came back to her, although it was blurred, blocked out. The memory itself was interrupted actually, by Sato-chan, conveniently.
It might just be me, but it also seems like, when Sato-chan asked her that question, that there was a ever so slight pause on Shio-chan's part, and when she processed it she immediately answered, with that large, impenetrable smile. Or perhaps, knew what to answer.
Sato seemed.. unfazed, by the response, which came as a surprise to me. I thought she would have swooned.
Although her lack of expression might have just been her examining Shio-chan's face, and coming to the conclusion that she wasn't lying
I wonder if Sato was in doubt of Shio, or did she just want to confirm.
Nonetheless it's frightening. I hope Shio's more intuitive and knowledgeable than she seems. She'll need it.
EDIT: As an innocent child, the whole setting would be difficult for her to live in, only having Sato to depend on. I wouldn't be too surprised if it turns out that she has a better grasp of everything than we/Sato thought, and that they're equally dependent of each other. Sato seems to need Shio to fufill what she thinks is her ideal of happiness. I wonder if Shio's getting anything out of it as well. The isolation Sato's submitting her to... really makes you wonder about Shio's past life, whether Sato saved her, or took her from it.

Just wanted to say that I really enjoyed reading your comments xD

SniperPumpkin
joined Dec 26, 2015

Someone we haven't been introduced yet :p

SniperPumpkin
joined Dec 26, 2015

Hey guys it is me again first thing I wanted to do is apologize for my assumptions that I made on chapter 2's comments about that this manga never would have real yuri. seems I was wrong so gomenasai mina

anyway this from the latest chapter in Japan
https://twitter.com/onanin007/status/690837298582138880

Anyway about this chapter I think that it was a calm chapter before the storm xD

SniperPumpkin
joined Dec 26, 2015

SniperPumpkin posted:

I never said Shoujo Ai wasn't a part of Yuri (...) Shoujo Ai is lighter version of Yuri Shoujo Ai is still girls love but without any sings of actual romance .

SniperPumpkin posted:

Yuri is the Japanese word for "lily", and also refers to a sapphic romance genre in Japanese media. It can focus either on the sexual or emotional aspects of the relationship.

Dig deeper.

but I guess this more a point of view of how you see things then it being a fact so I take back what I said earlier about being a fact.

No, we stated facts. Even what TvTropes said was accurate, but didn't stress enough that Shoujo Ai is only westerners term and is actually pretty redundant. You are the one keeping on being ignorant. Also you insist to use term Shoujo Ai and you don't even know the westerner definition of it. It is a term americans created to different work with adult content from ones without it in stories about love between girls. That part about it not containing romance at all is something you seem to made up.

woah? hold on a sec ignored? me? please let us not start a internet fight pls.

secondly who said I don't know about the term that Americans created? now your just replaying based on your own assumptions. it may be true that it is indeed created by Americans but so what? it is a good way to mark a line between the 2 and no that is not something I made up you have to look up the term Shoujo Ai more the western one I mean yes you do have Shoujo Ai with romance in them like Yuri Kuma Arashi and some other examples but there are also once without them like Yuri Yuri for example.

I'l get straight to the point to end this meaningless discussion.

for ME.

Shoujo Ai is like the western term with is light Yuri with non physical contact romance or canon stuff.

manga like Citrus are for me Yuri while manga like this one from what I can tell from 2 chapters I see as shoujo Ai also.

for me a story about girl's romance and canon yuri is what I see as Yuri and a story where the girl says she loves a other girl but it doesn't developing any romance kind of way then it's a shoujo ai for me.

this will be my last post for now didn't come here to start discussion but somehow ended up in one so Gomenasai mods!

SniperPumpkin
joined Dec 26, 2015

Thiaguinho-sama don't know about the manga but Happy Sugar Life is also like you will see in the future chapters I surpose it's more about like I said there happy sugar life then anything else and I see that as your point of view for me something that stays just talk or emotions like Hiddan no Aria is just shoujo Ai but something like Citrus is yuri because there is actual romance in it

Nevri

I never said Shoujo Ai wasn't a part of Yuri just like Smut is the lighter version of Hentai Shoujo Ai is lighter version of Yuri Shoujo Ai is still girls love but without any sings of actual romance .

but I guess this more a point of view of how you see things then it being a fact so I take back what I said earlier about being a fact.

SniperPumpkin
joined Dec 26, 2015

thank you very much but no the Japanese readers also confirm it as Shoujo Ai for it to be Yuri there have to be real lesbian love with this series will never have. you will see the MC liking/loving Shio but it won't develop in a romantic kind of way.

First of all, where did you get information nothing romantic happens? Don't forget it still ongoing so even if didn't happen yet it can later.

Second, I'm pretty sure Sato have lesbian love for Shio, from the beginning she says she finally found love, she even rejects all boys because of that, in no moment she treats as platonic love, she don't love Shio as sister or daughter or anything like that, if that was the case she wouldn't have reason to tell everyone how she found love in a way that makes obvious for anyone that it is romantic love, maybe they won't become a couple but her love for Shio is romantic so it is yuri.

Twitter/ハッピーシュガーライフ my friend and the author it's a story about a girl that loves another little girl yes like it shown in the past 2 chapters but this a story is about Love Obsessive Love and there Happy Sugar Life not romance

again that's what shoujo Ai is you will see girls having emotinal aka lesbian feelings to each other or just one sided but it won't develop to any kind of romance, this isn't that kind of story.

and your logic doesn't make any sense so let's take Hiddan no Aria AA for example the girls clearly like each other more then just friends right so according to you that makes them Yuri? sorry but if ask me what yuri is then I will point out to series like Murcielago Citrus etc. where it doesn't stay at just liking or loving but goes as far as kissing romance sex etc in short where it's not just talk.

also read my copy pace I posted from TV tropes this is simply a fact and not a opinion

also we met on Batoto my name there is Gala Lion remember you asked me about a post from the author of Sugar Life a while ago.

last edited at Dec 26, 2015 4:31PM

SniperPumpkin
joined Dec 26, 2015

SniperPumpkin posted:

thank you very much but no the Japanese readers also confirm it as Shoujo Ai.

Yup. I'm sure they confirmed it to be story about pedophile.

technically Sato is still a minor xD

A minor doing things with a minor is still pedophilia if one of them doesn't have the age of consent in that particular place.

that's also true.

SniperPumpkin
joined Dec 26, 2015

SniperPumpkin posted:

thank you very much but no the Japanese readers also confirm it as Shoujo Ai.

Yup. I'm sure they confirmed it to be story about pedophile.

technically Sato is still a minor xD

SniperPumpkin
joined Dec 26, 2015

risingstar3110 posted:

who put the Yuri tag there anyway? this is Shoujo Ai and not Yuri

Don't go there....

Or we gonna have another hundred pages arguing over what is shoujo-Ai, what is Yuri again

I'm pretty sure he was only joking because of Faust's sarcasm.

thank you very much but no the Japanese readers also confirm it as Shoujo Ai for it to be Yuri there have to be real lesbian love with this series will never have. you will see the MC liking/loving Shio but it won't develop in a romantic kind of way.

who put the Yuri tag there anyway? this is Shoujo Ai and not Yuri

Don't go there....

Or we gonna have another hundred pages arguing over what is shoujo-Ai, what is Yuri again

Why the definition to Shoujo Ai and Yuri is really clear

from Tv Tropes
Yuri is the Japanese word for "lily", and also refers to a sapphic romance genre in Japanese media. It can focus either on the sexual or emotional aspects of the relationship. Occasionally, some fans will use the term shoujo-ai ("girl's love") to distinguish the less explicit works that focus on romance and/or emotions between the characters. Note however that in Japan, shoujo-ai refers to liking little girls.

last edited at Dec 26, 2015 2:23PM