Forum › Dark Forest, White Road discussion

F4x-3lwx0aa0tcu31
joined Apr 20, 2013

mint-leaf posted:

i love it, i love chiharu, i love this manga, please dont hurt me, its making me so vulnerable to it, i want it even if it hurts.

I know, it's like you have a horrible feeling in the pit of your stomach that something bad's going to happen but you can't stop coming back because it's so good. Augh.

Like spicy food

Nevri Uploader
Rosmontis
Nevrilicious Scans
joined Jun 5, 2015

I really like their chemistry. This story is going to have "bad ending" for 100%. I mean with all the stuff Chiharu said in this chapter, I can't really imagine her staying here after all and them being together and happily ever after. They will split apart. That is certain. Hopefully that experience will help Shou move on in her life with more confidence. Maybe reuniting with her family. The story started on dark tone so unlike most of time, the incoming drama was obvious so I'm prepared for it and just enjoying the ride for now. Also I think Shou is just introvert, not good at dealing with people and in general person not fit to social live. I don't think she has any mental issues except for maybe depression because of her situation in live. She hates her live because she is kind of person everyone would call boring/annoying to deal with and not want to hang with.

Nezchan Moderator
Meiling%20bun%20150px
joined Jun 28, 2012

I really like their chemistry. This story is going to have "bad ending" for 100%. I mean with all the stuff Chiharu said in this chapter, I can't really imagine her staying here after all and them being together and happily ever after. They will split apart. That is certain. Hopefully that experience will help Shou move on in her life with more confidence. Maybe reuniting with her family. The story started on dark tone so unlike most of time, the incoming drama was obvious so I'm prepared for it and just enjoying the ride for now. Also I think Shou is just introvert, not good at dealing with people and in general person not fit to social live. I don't think she has any mental issues except for maybe depression because of her situation in live. She hates her live because she is kind of person everyone would call boring/annoying to deal with and not want to hang with.

I'd like it if the resolution is that Chiharu does indeed go away as expected, but that Shoul has changed enough in the meantime that she finds the resolve to go after her, either physically or via a long-distance relationship of some sort until they can be together. One of Shou's apparent problems is that she doesn't have anything that she truly wants enough to focus on and only reacts, so my hope is that Chiharu becomes that thing.

Cryssoberyl Uploader
Booklet1-high-pink-experiment
Zefiberyl Translations
joined Apr 11, 2011

I somehow missed the latest chapter until now. Really entertaining. Their verbal fencing is very cleverly written. I have no expectations, but I am enjoying it quite a bit for now.

Profile160x160
joined Nov 20, 2014

I'd like it if the resolution is that Chiharu does indeed go away as expected, but that Shoul has changed enough in the meantime that she finds the resolve to go after her, either physically or via a long-distance relationship of some sort until they can be together. One of Shou's apparent problems is that she doesn't have anything that she truly wants enough to focus on and only reacts, so my hope is that Chiharu becomes that thing.

Yeah, I really think this is more akin to how it will end. People seem to sit around waiting for a trainwreck to happen, but I just don't see it. The story so far has been very downplayed, like one of those artistic dramas you're expected to snap your fingers at rather than applaud. I honestly don't think it will pull out any crazy cards like miracle cures or deaths or whatnot, since that would really defeat the entire groundwork of the story. If anything I'd expect her to get a surgery that doesn't work and that in the end their relationship wouldn't get any worse for it.

Johanliebert
joined Dec 15, 2015

^
As far as I can tell, Chiharu leaves before anything happens, the yuri is suggested but not explicit. (I'd give it a 1 out of 5 on my Yuri scale). If I remember correctly, Chou changes enough to be able to stand on her two feet and move forward, and the end is bitter and sweet at the same time. So don't expect miraculous yuri here.

This story remains a really good work, with an amazing and mesmerizing art, a dark atmosphere, and a very pleasant read. It's sad that Sexy Akiba Detective hasn't translated the 3 remaining chapters at the moment, but they'll eventually come out. I wonder if Yoshia Chiyu will draw more Yuri, I'm a fan of her works; although I wouldn't mind the yuri to intensify a little.

last edited at Aug 31, 2016 2:05PM

UlquiorraSchiffer1
Download
joined Sep 6, 2016

Depressing as hell

Optimized-tonari_no_robot
joined Aug 24, 2015

Ah I was just thinking about this series yesterday.

I like the pace of this so far. They are taking time to figure each other out, and through slowly opening up to each other they are able to work on each of their own issues with socialization. It's slow paced, but has a subtle urgency and air of despair that really works to hook the reader in.

Charon-sml
joined Feb 14, 2016

Yay! New chapter. I think it's always a mark of a thoughtful writer when "nothing happens" turns out to be a good way to advance characterization.

joined Jan 4, 2014

The tone somewhat reminds me of "A Lollypop or a Bullet" in the first half, but I sincerely hope it does not go down a similarly dark route...

Book%20and%20cloakhbq1
joined Aug 1, 2011

Well. That was both incredibly believable and somewhat depressing.

F4x-3lwx0aa0tcu31
joined Apr 20, 2013

I don't have much to say about this one but I'm glad they plan to finish it!

Rosmontis
Nevrilicious Scans
joined Jun 5, 2015

I really like their interactions. Also if talking won't work, jump right into sex. Good thinking ;3

Yuu
joined Mar 28, 2015

Well, to me that chapter was kinda pointless.

Kinchan%20drawing%20maru%20%20dfhgsdhfsdhgsdf%20i%20lov%20e
joined Dec 21, 2015

I think it's always a mark of a thoughtful writer when "nothing happens" turns out to be a good way to advance characterization.

Definitely! There was nothing huge or dramatic that went on this chapter, but at the same time it was so satisfying, and we got to see more sides to the characters. The author seems to have a lot of talent, which is awesome for us!

joined Jun 12, 2015

Filler-ish chapter.

Purple Library Guy
Kare%20kano%20joker
joined Mar 3, 2013

They did lewd handholding. What more do you want?!

Tsubasa
joined Aug 22, 2016

is the heroine blind from born or not?
backstory why she blind?

Your_hair_has_gotten_longer_by_folksneedheroes-d5l5v69
joined Apr 23, 2015

That was wonderful. These two have become amongst my most favorite yuri couples of all time. So often I don't even care if the leads in story even end up together. And while I'm still more interested in why/why not a relationship works this is one pair I'm really into. (still fine with an unhappy ending though)

Also. I donno why but find it incredibly sad when I hear about fictional siblings genuinely not getting along(as apposed to just spirited bickering) Still wondering what's going on with the sister.

Dynasty%20necromancer
joined Mar 6, 2014

They did lewd handholding. What more do you want?!

Double lewd handholding!

Rosmontis
Nevrilicious Scans
joined Jun 5, 2015

megmica posted:

is the heroine blind from born or not?
backstory why she blind?

She couldn't see since she was 5, because of a illness.

Screen%20shot%202016-04-20%20at%207.35.18%20am
joined Dec 20, 2015

Nooo, why is it over now?! I shouldn't have read this before bed, I am very sad now...

joined Jun 12, 2015

End.

Non-messed%20up%20face
joined Jan 18, 2016

Reread last two chapters and I still don't understand why Chiharu left. I know she said she would, but why did they tacitly decline to discuss why?

joined Mar 15, 2015

Meh

To reply you must either login or sign up.