Forum › Happy Sugar Life discussion

Hinataskype
joined May 26, 2011

My stomach hurt reading this chapter. I know it can't have the happy ending I might have been hoping for but the way the chapters move so slowly is both nice and painful because the story just gets unraveled little by little.

Screenshot_2018-10-31%20dynasty%20reader%20%c2%bb%20fusoroi%20no%20renri%20ch13
joined Jul 1, 2014

I'm so very much creeped out by this. And I can't stop coming back for more. What the hell is wrong with me!?

20190203_135245
joined Mar 5, 2016

Is it just me or is the story actualy good? I mean, everytime I think "Oh, shit. This guy is gonna die" I'm smiling. I really like the story so far. Chapter 7.5 especially. It's actually nice seeing a Sato that is a little, just a little closer to normal. But in the end, just like everyone else I hope Sato doesn't hurt Shio. The poor girl has some psychological trauma at a very young age which is pretty much the same for Sato except she found a way (a very disturbing way) to cope with it and Sato is the only thing Shio is really relying on right now. Actually, I just really hate seeing children being abused. While it is very very difficult to justify Sato's actions, I still think that these two deserve the happy sugar life they(more of Sato's part really) keep on fucking going on about.

Also, bless Faust for taking the time to analyze the story 'cause at this point I am just enjoying Sato's craziness.

230px-ray_the_animation
joined Feb 2, 2013

People actually think edgy shit like this is good. I don't get how people can enjoy depressing works, they're so tiring. Dark, dramatic works have absolutely zero pacing. Like that other story on here recently about the kids chained together and forced to kill each other. Each page outdoes the others with how needlessly violent it can be. It's just a deluge of over-the-top darkness that just leaves me feeling nothing, which is the exact opposite of what a story is supposed to do. It's like the equivalent of eating snow: cold, flavorless and uninspired. Bah, how I loathe stories like this. What a waste.

i understand your reaction about this, i fell about the same, especially about extreme yandere needlessy violent, but, i'd like to ask you to don't make generalization, as a fan of drama, depressing shit, dark background, i can say that, even overthetop violence, isn't always a way to cover plot-hole and creativity deficiency.
the best is when a work can give you great anguish and distress without showing you anything obvious and esplcit
well, about this work i'm not really sure, i couldn't follow the story, i'm totally lost, i don't evenunderstood who draw on the wall at the end, and who is that drawing

risingstar3110
joined Feb 15, 2013

As it is, this's slowly becoming my favourite yuri manga of all time. Pending for a good ending I hope.

The plot and story-telling is outstanding. The character is superb. Best must be the art. Moe as heck, but man, fit this story to the T.

last edited at Jul 30, 2016 12:23PM

schuyguy Uploader
Imura%20ei%20music%20concert%20face
Yuri Project
joined Jul 14, 2016

Also, Sato cut out those two guys eyes? yikes.

After all, those were eyes that saw Shio. That's practically rape. Rapists must be punished, right?

Kat%202
joined Mar 6, 2012

Is Shio going to go full crazy and stab Sato? That would be a plot twist

joined Jul 25, 2016

When you like yuri and yandere, this manga is really pleasing. But what's most enjoyable is the story i think. It's a bit confusing at the start and i ended up asking myself a lot of questions but that's what's so great about it. Over time the mysteries are unraveled and the story gets deeper. I'm enjoying that Shio is starting to remember some stuff. I guess she must have witnessed Sato in the act or something and became traumatized or is from before, i'm curious. Can only speculate. I also love how Sato is discovering new emotions and protecting her love in the most interesting of ways.

last edited at Jul 30, 2016 8:05PM

Sulk
joined Jul 19, 2015

This is all nice and moody, but I'd really like for this to take an actual direction and go that direction already.
I just don't really see any actual point to this story (yet), I get that the author wants to be shady about it, but we're already 8 chapters in and I just dont see enough plot progression.

Profile_picture_by_revolpe-d7ojz00
joined Apr 1, 2013

Is Shio going to go full crazy and stab Sato? That would be a plot twist

I feel like Shio will be Satos ultimate demise

Bleach_589___giselle_gewelle_alux-d7quz%20(1)
joined Dec 2, 2014

This is all nice and moody, but I'd really like for this to take an actual direction and go that direction already.
I just don't really see any actual point to this story (yet), I get that the author wants to be shady about it, but we're already 8 chapters in and I just dont see enough plot progression.

What do you have against some simple, fluffy slice of life?

Vegitab%20profile%20pic%20smoll%20tumblr
joined Sep 21, 2014

Oh, Shio lied. Blond guy is definitely hurt for now, but he'll be back, and I'm not sure if he knows it's Sato or not, but he did see a girl carrying Shio off. Sato's hood fell off, I think he recognised her. This will probably fuck with Sato later, it's a pretty crucial piece of information, that she was seen, that the lolicon approached Shio. He sort of has the upper hand now, with that knowledge. They don't know what each other have to do with Shio, but the guy now knows that Sato is the key to Shio.
EDIT: I just reread chapter 7, Shio mentions Sato-chan by name. He probs knows.
It always troubled me, how much Shio knows, how much is she actually aware of (it'd be a great plot twist too), and time after time I find myself thinking "nah, it's alright, she's just a cutie". The author always seemed to ease my suspicions, whenever I start to doubt how sincere Shio's feelings are, but this time tho...
Shio looked into Sato's eyes, and lied. She lied, with that same, easygoing, cute af smile she always beamed at Sato. So she can make that face on command. Maybe, for the sake of the benefit of the doubt, for some reason, she doesn't remember her encounter with the guy, but still, that would be sort of... pointless?. It resembles last time too much, when Sato asked her who's her favourite person in the world. I had a feeling that perhaps, from that face she made, she was caught off guard by Sato's question, and quickly realising that it was an important question, answered with the cutest, sweetest face. Or was she actually prepared? There was no hesitation. If Shio knows more than she lets on, that's the only way she can hide it. But still, I don't remember everything I've read but, she does seem to worry and love Sato. Shio's really the character that's fucking with my mind the most tbh
Sato seems to definitely doubt Shio now, but like, doubt in the sense that she doesn't trust that Shio's behavior matches Sato's best interest. At the very least, she believes Shio's love to be genuine.
But Shio tho... I think she does remember speaking to the guy, and lied because she judged that it'd be for the best, that Sato didn't know. Makes me wonder how much of Sato does Shio actually understand, if she knows enough about Sato to be careful.
But man... Sato's world is cracking. Shio is starting to remember. She drew that bigass thing on the wall, and then closed the door, hiding it. Sato is starting to be left in the dark about certain things, huh. That they didn't swear the vow, that's pretty important too. The balance of their world is shattering, people are starting to interfere. Things are gonna go to hell soon enough.

Cekai: Also, bless Faust for taking the time to analyze the story 'cause at this point I am just enjoying Sato's craziness.

⁄(⁄ ⁄•⁄▃⁄•⁄ ⁄)⁄
Just some disorganised thoughts really. I keep low key forgetting details about the story, and that sucks cus details are so important, especially in this case. The series' just really intriguing, it's as much for myself, to materialise my thoughts, then just sharing some points, to whoever's down to read haha. I've made wall-sized posts about this like, well a few times yeah, but how do ppl even remember lmao, last time was like 2 pages/a month ago

last edited at Aug 1, 2016 11:36PM

Badass%20yuyuko%20-%20avatar2
joined Dec 4, 2015

I think the pace of this manga is good, I like it (and for me, the author can postpone my anguish as much as he wants ^^).

@Faust
You are good, thank you for the worries ᶘ ᵒᴥᵒᶅ... actually, I'm already very worried about the future of this manga, but reading your wall just re-confirm my fears X~X
Ah~! I want a happy ending for Sato and Shio so much, but it just get harder and harder to see in the middle of these cracks... (TT-TT)

Speaking of anguish:
"Sugar Girl is Oblivious" - "Sugar Girl is" = "Oblivious", that reminds me of "Oblivion" that completes into ""Sakura" of Oblivion". . . Ah~! Murcielago! (TTATT) it's been so much time!! (Yes, I know that the Scan is having some problems, but I can't help but cry) 。・゚ヾ(✦థ ェ థ)ノ。゚・。.

SniperPumpkin
joined Dec 26, 2015

Oh, Shio lied. Blond guy is definitely hurt for now, but he'll be back, and I'm not sure if he knows it's Sato or not, but he did see a girl carrying Shio off. Sato's hood fell off, I think he recognised her. This will probably fuck with Sato later, it's a pretty crucial piece of information, that she was seen, that the lolicon approached Shio. He sort of has the upper hand now, with that knowledge. They don't know what each other have to do with Shio, but the guy now knows that Sato is the key to Shio.
It always troubled me, how much Shio knows, how much is she actually aware of (it'd be a great plot twist too), and time after time I find myself thinking "nah, it's alright, she's just a cutie". The author always seemed to ease my suspicions, whenever I start to doubt how sincere Shio's feelings are, but this time tho...
Shio looked into Sato's eyes, and lied. She lied, with that same, easygoing, cute af smile she always beamed at Sato. So she can make that face on command. Maybe, for the sake of the benefit of the doubt, for some reason, she doesn't remember her encounter with the guy, but still, that would be sort of... pointless?. It resembles last time too much, when Sato asked her who's her favourite person in the world. I had a feeling that perhaps, from that face she made, she was caught off guard by Sato's question, and quickly realising that it was an important question, answered with the cutest, sweetest face. Or was she actually prepared? There was no hesitation. If Shio knows more than she lets on, that's the only way she can hide it. But still, I don't remember everything I've read but, she does seem to worry and love Sato. Shio's really the character that's fucking with my mind the most tbh
Sato seems to definitely doubt Shio now, but like, doubt in the sense that she doesn't trust that Shio's behavior matches Sato's best interest. At the very least, she believes Shio's love to be genuine.
But Shio tho... I think she does remember speaking to the guy, and lied because she judged that it'd be for the best, that Sato didn't know. Makes me wonder how much of Sato does Shio actually understand, if she knows enough about Sato to be careful.
But man... Sato's world is cracking. Shio is starting to remember. She drew that bigass thing on the wall, and then closed the door, hiding it. Sato is starting to be left in the dark about certain things, huh. That they didn't swear the vow, that's pretty important too. The balance of their world is shattering, people are starting to interfere. Things are gonna go to hell soon enough.

Cekai: Also, bless Faust for taking the time to analyze the story 'cause at this point I am just enjoying Sato's craziness.

⁄(⁄ ⁄•⁄▃⁄•⁄ ⁄)⁄
Just some disorganised thoughts really. I keep low key forgetting details about the story, and that sucks cus details are so important, especially in this case. The series' just really intriguing, it's as much for myself, to materialise my thoughts, then just sharing some points, to whoever's down to read haha. I've made wall-sized posts about this like, well a few times yeah, but how do ppl even remember lmao, last time was like 2 pages/a month ago

Your just the best xD I usually don't read walls of texts but love to read your Sugar Life once =)

joined Jul 22, 2016

My heart cannot take this. Shio-chaaannnn, Sato-chaaaan, agh. Things are going downhill, huh...

5b3c524e-e066-4eaf-8e5f-ae4e37b5edda
joined Jan 18, 2016

Oh snap

Heres%20wakasa
joined Jul 28, 2016

Also, Sato cut out those two guys eyes? yikes.

After all, those were eyes that saw Shio. That's practically rape. Rapists must be punished, right?

Yes, I decree that, from now on, any filthy man who so much as gazes upon a woman shall have their eyes taken out! (whoops, that includes me, I guess. WHAT WILL I DO IF I CAN'T READ MY YURI?)

Edit: Also, Faust, thanks for the in-depth analysis... I'm seeing Shio in a completely different light now, really. I hope she turns out to be innocent, but... yeah, probably not.

last edited at Aug 1, 2016 8:35PM

Vegitab%20profile%20pic%20smoll%20tumblr
joined Sep 21, 2014

Edit: Also, Faust, thanks for the in-depth analysis... I'm seeing Shio in a completely different light now, really. I hope she turns out to be innocent, but... yeah, probably not.

Nah don't take my speculation that seriously, I'm really just thinking out loud. On one hand I'm crippled with doubt. Who is Shio? I really feel like Shio's this innocent blob of cuteness, but she could be much more clever and aware than we'd think. Tho we also see her being innocent and confused when there isn't anyone else, it doesn't seem like she's faking it, she is but a child after all. But I think she does have an instinctive side to her actions.
She totally hears the extra "click" at the door when Sato locks and unlocks the new lock, but doesn't comment nor asks questions, just like when Sato told her the world was dangerous, and almost in a ass-kissing manner, she repeated Sato's words and cheerily accepted her words as an absolute truth. As Sato locks her in, Shio's starting to unlock memories (yes lmao), and drew this massive creepy ass thing that represents her mother on the goddamn wall (how flattering), and hid it. If there's that innocent nonchalance about her behaviour around Sato, her actions here reflect... something else. Perhaps is it just bad mannered of her to draw on the goddamn wall, but I'm sure she would know that she's not supposed to. That she chose such a location, well, it makes it easier to hide. It's obvious that she's not supposed to draw on walls smh, but she still did, and chose to do it where it could remain intact, and remain unknown to Sato. It's like Shio felt compelled to draw it, to materialize her intangible memories, and chose to keep it away from Sato, her likely interference.

What I'm saying is that Shio gives off that image of pure goodness, adorable fluffiness. You'd think that she'd share everything with Sato, but that isn't the case. There are things she keeps to herself as well. Shio has a free will of her own, though also seems to fit Sato's ideal of sweetness as well.

Hmm. I wonder why these two girls are named the way they are. You'd think that Shio, with how sweet and cute she is, would be the one named after "sugar". Perhaps Sato is named the way she is because it is the very thing she craves, that the feeling of sweetness is precisely what she longs for, what drives her through the plot.
Shio... Shio seems to be only surrounded by bitter, sad, incomplete people, doesn't she? Everyone she isn't with seems miserable, with only Sato seeming content, feeding off those happy feelings. Rereading chapter 7, we see that violence/blood seems to trigger a physical response from Shio, and how her mother seems intensely resentful that Shio "let go of her hand". Hm. I wonder if her mother was the same, if she gained sweetness from Shio and fed off of it as well.
Oh, I went off again.

MegaWallflower
Capture
joined Sep 22, 2014

Of all the mysteries we have right now, the one I'm most intrigued by is the aunt. I feel like there's probably something more there than meets the eye, especially since we've only seen bits and pieces of memories about her from Sato, and yandere type character aren't always the most reliable narrators.

last edited at Aug 2, 2016 1:34PM

Stardusttelepath8
joined Oct 15, 2014

Is it just me, or is Sato quickly becoming the least psychotic person amongst the cast?

08f6612130a20845a480034c0567fbe1d8926209_hq
joined Apr 27, 2014

Hmm... I must know more about the aunt... maybe it's not what we think it is, well what I think. Also that fan of Sato's...creepy, this is getting interesting.

joined Oct 12, 2013

I thought maybe people were reading into things, but I think her aunt really did give her the bad touch. Damn.

5887bbeec1348a10fa095be8917e75b0
joined May 19, 2015

Is it just me, or is Sato quickly becoming the least psychotic person amongst the cast?

This is truth.

Heavy%20cruiser%20160
joined Apr 27, 2013

She seems to be getting less extreme, while the rest of the cast is at about the same level as they were before

Etqyggh6mxyi1klo3fwjrwrwicpboh
joined Feb 7, 2015

That kiss though.... https://waa.ai/jXA0

To reply you must either login or sign up.