Forum › Kase-san discussion

joined May 1, 2013

I'm actually getting kinda confused about this. Is this supposed to be a comedy of errors where Yamada never understands how smitten Kase is despite how obvious it gets, or are we supposed to take Yamada's insecurities seriously, here?

Dynasty%20necromancer
joined Mar 6, 2014

She's finally here.

Coconut gun

I know the words, can i join in too?

joined Oct 11, 2010

CLFFHANGERS (╯°□°)╯︵ ┻━┻

Okami Uploader
joined Aug 1, 2013

I'm actually getting kinda confused about this. Is this supposed to be a comedy of errors where Yamada never understands how smitten Kase is despite how obvious it gets, or are we supposed to take Yamada's insecurities seriously, here?

Both?

Z%20ss
joined Oct 15, 2013

The longer version of Chapter 9 is better than the magazine version. The way they talk about their bodies, their differences, Kase's assumptions, Yamada's expectations and other blah that are often overlooked at yuri romances and somehow discussed here or rather showed here. Kase-san is my favorite Japanese yuri manga because it shows more of the development between the two not only emotionally but also their psychological assessment about each other including their differences in detail which makes this more realistic than the others other than this being pure well, Yamada is still for now but this progress is nice. Drama and angst and dark pasts are always normal in a relationship. But that's just my personal opinion and taste. Trollolol.

Wish their relationship progressed, its basically been slogging about or even stuck in a cycle I might say, even when they get errr... physical or an interaction that might show something more... it kinda ends up not actually doing much in the relationship itself.

Kat%202
joined Mar 6, 2012

CLFFHANGERS (╯°□°)╯︵ ┻━┻

yuuuuup

Stardusttelepath8
joined Oct 15, 2014

Wish their relationship progressed, its basically been slogging about or even stuck in a cycle I might say, even when they get errr... physical or an interaction that might show something more... it kinda ends up not actually doing much in the relationship itself.

I wouldn't say it hasn't progressed. Kase has gone from 'go out with me' to asking stuff like "let's live together in the future" and of course making the subtle "let's do it" drop a few times. And while Yamada's still being held back by her paranoia, she has made a pretty big decision about her further education because of Kase.

last edited at Aug 21, 2016 8:08PM

Vegitab%20profile%20pic%20smoll%20tumblr
joined Sep 21, 2014

Wow, the senpai's getting drawn prettier and prettier, and more mature-looking too.
She actually has decent bangs now

last edited at Aug 21, 2016 9:17PM

Images
joined Feb 9, 2015

I guess that senpai isn't Kase's ex-girlfriend. I mean Kase have never told Yamada that she is her ex-girlfriend ( from her habit, I think she is the type that told everything obviously) and we have never heard that from other people except Migawachi. I guess Migawachi misunderstood something.
Anyway I can't wait to see Yamada reaction in next chapter.

Kat%202
joined Mar 6, 2012

I smell trouble..

I can't wait for the next chapter!

Girl%20with%20a%20black%20cat%20avatar
joined Dec 27, 2015

"Throws shoe" "BONK!"
Don't break my heart please.

Img_1317
joined Jan 19, 2015

loud gasping noises

Copy90_90_zpscf246422
joined Sep 18, 2014

Why is Chapter 18 under the Previous Versions header?

Also, a pot calling the kettle black...

Z%20ss
joined Oct 15, 2013

I wouldn't say it hasn't progressed. Kase has gone from 'go out with me' to asking stuff like "let's live together in the future" and of course making the subtle "let's do it" drop a few times. And while Yamada's still being held back by her paranoia, she has made a pretty big decision about her further education because of Kase.

Relationships are about 2 people. One of them thinks they are moving ahead. while the other is still waaaaay behind. Yamada almost never TALKS about anything having to do with their relationship. It's not progressing much, if at all.

Purple Library Guy
Kare%20kano%20joker
joined Mar 3, 2013

So . . . anybody up for "Naked Apron and Kase-san"?

Nezchan Moderator
Meiling%20bun%20150px
joined Jun 28, 2012

I guess that senpai isn't Kase's ex-girlfriend. I mean Kase have never told Yamada that she is her ex-girlfriend ( from her habit, I think she is the type that told everything obviously) and we have never heard that from other people except Migawachi. I guess Migawachi misunderstood something.
Anyway I can't wait to see Yamada reaction in next chapter.

That's what I was thinking, Migawachi isn't exactly a reliable narrator, since she let on that Kase-san dated half the team early on. I think she's the type who buys into rumours easily, and Kase-san is the type to attract rumours even if she herself doesn't notice them. Plus there's the whole thing of Kase-san noticing Yamada a year prior to them getting together and stalking her since, that's not the actions of a girl currently in a relationship.

Symbol%20small002
joined Aug 26, 2015

This manga is cute but Kase feels too much like 'atheltic boy with boobs'--or that might just be my cynicism of generic hetero romance in manga.

Dynasty Reader: Where tomboys just can't catch a break.

So true. I <3 reading stories with tomboys (yes, I do use the tags). Tomboys aren't boys with boobs, they're girls who reject gender stereotypes in favor of being awesome (at sports, etc).

I hate those terms, they perpetuate the need for themselves. Shed the stereotypes and we don't need the labels.

Tumblr_mfrdsc3t1e1rdyfv3o1_500
joined Apr 25, 2014

i hope the senpai isn't kase's ex, but i'm not sure if i'm comfortable with how much kase's prioritizing her even if their relationship is totally platonic . . . or maybe i'm just projecting too much onto yamada, lol

joined Nov 14, 2013

Agreed. But if it went into a magazine the artist probably had to crunch it, and change dialogue to fit the shrunken chapter for the audience flipping through the pages. The magazine version is 40 pages long versus the original 58 page version.

It's the other way around - magazine chapters come first and are a usually a first draft and often have tighter deadlines. The tanks come later, have more lenient deadlines and allow the author to make changes to make the art more consistent, and occasionally add some more pages to make additions if they deem it necessary.

Vegitab%20profile%20pic%20smoll%20tumblr
joined Sep 21, 2014

This manga is cute but Kase feels too much like 'atheltic boy with boobs'--or that might just be my cynicism of generic hetero romance in manga.

Dynasty Reader: Where tomboys just can't catch a break.

So true. I <3 reading stories with tomboys (yes, I do use the tags). Tomboys aren't boys with boobs, they're girls who reject gender stereotypes in favor of being awesome (at sports, etc).

I hate those terms, they perpetuate the need for themselves. Shed the stereotypes and we don't need the labels.

Iirc, some ppl find comfort in identifying with labels. It's fine if you don't wanna label yourself, but I'm just saying that others might like labels for themselves

Smollmboye
joined Sep 25, 2013

I can see why she's jealous; the senpai is drawn very nicely. :p

joined May 1, 2013

Both?

I'll definitely keep giving it a chance, but if we're supposed to be taking it seriously, Yamada has something seriously wrong with her. Comically naive is one thing, but the chick acts like she doesn't know what boobs are.

Dark_Tzitzimine
67763073_p3
joined Dec 18, 2013

Honestly at this point the best things of the series for me and Yamada's reactions, the hilariously cute reaction faces and Kase's hornyness. :p

Girl is thirsty as hell.

joined Aug 21, 2016

Hope we don't have to deal with anymore insecurity/jealousy after the next chapter lol. You would think with all that's happened she wouldn't dwell on PAST relationships even IF Kase went out with Inoue. Plus, we already dealt with something this from the time they went on a field trip to Kyoto(?). sigh After 18 chapters and the only character progression from Yamada is her change of school and not the one glaring flaw of how insecure she is even after all that's happened. Like, are you really that blind as to how devoted she is to you? She even wants to live with you and you're insecure about what happened in the past. The cute and bubbly art masks the angst and it's annoying. Also, I really enjoyed the beginning so I don't actually hate this manga. Just get annoyed when unnecessary angst is introduced that past events should have allowed the character to grow and get past said angst easily, but doesn't.

last edited at Aug 21, 2016 11:46PM

AnimexObsession
Screenshot%20(107)
joined Dec 27, 2014

Ooh damn Inoue-senpai is one damn fine senpai

To reply you must either login or sign up.