Forum › Kase-san discussion

joined Feb 23, 2016

Ooh damn Inoue-senpai is one damn fine senpai

Indeed my friend indeed (_)

Natsuki
joined Feb 5, 2015

Did Inoue looked kind of bothered in the last panel, like jealous or something? Still not convinced that Kase and Inoue really did dated each other. I think it's rather one sided, but the club made a big fuss about it. Even so, I smell trouble. Drama, incoming.

Bunnythor_full_small
joined May 17, 2015

Did Inoue looked kind of bothered in the last panel, like jealous or something? Still not convinced that Kase and Inoue really did dated each other. I think it's rather one sided, but the club made a big fuss about it. Even so, I smell trouble. Drama, incoming.

Yep, and since the next one is the last one (so far) published--and that was back in June, with no predicted release date given--you are going to waiting a loooong time for the for the drama to get resolved, especially since in the next chapter we end with a big cliff.

Gumi%203
joined May 7, 2016

that little plant ahoge is the best. kase is dating a literal plant

Fetish%20notebook%20lsmol
joined May 20, 2013

This manga is cute but Kase feels too much like 'atheltic boy with boobs'--or that might just be my cynicism of generic hetero romance in manga.

Dynasty Reader: Where tomboys just can't catch a break.

So true. I <3 reading stories with tomboys (yes, I do use the tags). Tomboys aren't boys with boobs, they're girls who reject gender stereotypes in favor of being awesome (at sports, etc).

I, in no way, think that about all tomboys.

I just think with the way she's drawn and how she's written (save very few exceptions), this does feel like I'm reading a generic hetero romance.

that little plant ahoge is the best. kase is dating a literal plant

This calls for some sort of 'Yamada doing Poison Ivy' cosplay

last edited at Aug 22, 2016 2:04AM

Roomfortwo
joined Feb 11, 2014

Mmmh, the more this goes with that "rumored ex-girlfriend" thing, the more I find Mikawa to be the real insensitive one there. She know Kase and Yamada are dating, she know Yamada feels insecure about it and yet she keep bringing it up and pile on more doubts on Yamada's mind instead of being supportive and try to comfort her. That's pretty nasty behavior from a friend who don't even have the excuse of not knowing.

At times, I wonder if Mikawa isn't jealous and try to get them to split up... :/

At least, next chapter should solve the whole issue.

Marion Diabolito
Dynsaty%20scans%20avatar%20from%20twgokhs
joined Jan 5, 2015

The sempai IS her old girlfriend, so Kase-san is being pretty awful/stupid.

Well, Yamada's friend says the sempai is her old girlfriend at least. We don't know how reliable that is, unless you're posting spoilers for untranslated chapters in which case there's going to need to be spoiler tags.

No, but Kase-san told Yamada she. Kase-san, had a previous girlfriend. If the friend is wrong, and it's a different girl, then that would be a twist, whereas her correctly identifying her would be what you'd expect, dramatically.

It's certainly possible the friend is wrong, and therefore Kase-san really doesn't know why Yamada is upset. But even there she should at least guess Yamada is jealous, since she's acting jealous and so is Kase-san, and ask if it's about her having already had someone, unlike Yamada.

Marion Diabolito
joined Jan 5, 2015

I do read ahead in some manga in Japanese but I have so far not posted spoilers, and don't plan to.

E065_1
joined Dec 3, 2015

Ooh damn Inoue-senpai is one damn fine senpai

This at first giving me a conflict but I still ship for Yamada since she's just too cute n innocent!!!!!

hah lol

last edited at Aug 22, 2016 3:09AM

Marion Diabolito
joined Jan 5, 2015

This manga is cute but Kase feels too much like 'atheltic boy with boobs'--or that might just be my cynicism of generic hetero romance in manga.

Dynasty Reader: Where tomboys just can't catch a break.

She dresses tomboy and is a jock, but I think she's almost as girly as Yamada. Or she's both, because she's a little bit of a Yankee over Yamada.

Also, I think Yamada is the protagonist and the audience's viewpoint character. We are supposed to fall in love with the magnificent Kase-san alongside her. We see her inner life and very litttle of Kase-san's. So if Kase-san were the main character it would be called x and yamada or x and morning-glory and Yamada would be the person we weren't as sure of.

last edited at Aug 22, 2016 3:18AM

Roomfortwo
joined Feb 11, 2014

No, but Kase-san told Yamada she. Kase-san, had a previous girlfriend. If the friend is wrong, and it's a different girl, then that would be a twist, whereas her correctly identifying her would be what you'd expect, dramatically.

Where exactly did Kase mentioned an ex-girlfriend ? 'cause I reread the whole thing not too long ago and I don't remember Kase ever mentioning having dated a girl before Yamada. ^^;

Copy90_90_zpscf246422
joined Sep 18, 2014

Where exactly did Kase mentioned an ex-girlfriend ? 'cause I reread the whole thing not too long ago and I don't remember Kase ever mentioning having dated a girl before Yamada. ^^;

You are correct. Kase didn't mention it at any point.

It was Mikawacchi who told Yamada that there are rumors that Kase had dated a sempai in the track club.

last edited at Aug 22, 2016 5:37AM

Stardusttelepath8
joined Oct 15, 2014

The closest thing I can think of is in chapter 9 when she mentions girls would stop getting along with her after seeing her naked boobs. Given how Yamada doesn't have any particular reaction to this, I sincerely doubt this is referring to any actual girlfriends.

Natsuki
joined Feb 5, 2015

Yep, and since the next one is the last one (so far) published--and that was back in June, with no predicted release date given--you are going to waiting a loooong time for the for the drama to get resolved, especially since in the next chapter we end with a big cliff.

Well, that sucks. Cliffhanger's a torture. In her/his blog, they mention that the next web update will be somewhere around the third week of August. Not sure if they mean a new Kase-san chapter update or just another blog update tho. Hopefully it's a new chapter.

Rimg0054
joined Aug 22, 2016

...the thing about Yamada's insecurity vs. Kase being the perfect gf:
Yamada is not entirely as insecure as in the beginning; there actually is some overall progression.
But, Kase is put on a very high pedestal - not only by Yamada herself, but by others too. So, Kase is not only awesome and popular but keeps getting better, sweeter and more and more committed (and thirstier~).
== The more perfect Kase-san is, the higher are the stakes / the more reasons are there for Yamada to feel inadequate and insecure and the more she has to lose (within her own emotional logic).
Yamada doesn't usually look for appreciation (e.g. her gardening skills on her rep sheet). So, she is sorta oblivious to Kase's jealousy and the fact Kase is as much of a fangirl for Yamada as Yamada is for Kase.

I'm in team "Kase's a virgin" (so to speak):
Before Yamada she did like girls, but they all were like "Kase-san's soooo coool!! Oh, wait-BOOBS!? Okthxbai."
I am also guessing, Kase is one to have a "type". And if Yamada is any clue, then that might be amongst the lines of "cute, smol, innocent, gentle, soft, adorable, a bit clutzy...."
Inoue is cool, confident, tall, elegant, athletic.....
Inoue is hardly anything like Yamada.
We learned over and over how oblivious Kase can be... She still has to learn how to "relationship" (presumably never really had any).
Inoue's chapter made it pretty clear towards its end, Inoue was into Kase big time.
......meantime, Kase liked to have a friend who could keep up with her - on the track field, mind you.

All that said, I feel Yamada and Kase's story, characters, reasons and motives are sweet, comprehensible, traceable and realistic.
The only thing that sorta bugs me is Mikawacchi's inconsiderate obsession about that rumor (which I am tempted to believe she came up with herself) and her devotion to make Kase seem like a player... Even IF Inoue actually still hopelessly tries to get into Kase's pants. XD

last edited at Aug 22, 2016 2:35PM

Roomfortwo
joined Feb 11, 2014

Before Yamada she did like girls, but they all were like "Kase-san's soooo coool!! Oh, wait-BOOBS!? Okthxbai."

Not sure the issue is that Kase is a girl, though that's a possibility. I feel like it's more an issue of Kase having quite a figure on top of being well endowed. She's the ace of the track & field team, so you can expect her to have an athletic build that might make other girls less confident. And it's a common (and annoying in my small chested girl lover opinion) thing in japanese manga that every girls wanna have big boobs, so I guess there's jealousy there as well.

Nevri Uploader
Rosmontis
Nevrilicious Scans
joined Jun 5, 2015

Chantelune posted:

Not sure the issue is that Kase is a girl, though that's a possibility. I feel like it's more an issue of Kase having quite a figure on top of being well endowed. She's the ace of the track & field team, so you can expect her to have an athletic build that might make other girls less confident. And it's a common (and annoying in my small chested girl lover opinion) thing in japanese manga that every girls wanna have big boobs, so I guess there's jealousy there as well.

It was long since I read previous chapters, but didn't Kase said something alongside other girls not taking the whole lesbian thing seriously and just messing around for the lolz, while Kase was actually serious about it? Or being grossed at idea of actually going further or something?

Rimg0054
joined Aug 22, 2016

Chantelune posted:

It was long since I read previous chapters, but didn't Kase said something alongside other girls not taking the whole lesbian thing seriously and just messing around for the lolz, while Kase was actually serious about it? Or being grossed at idea of actually going further or something?

...I found it: http://dynasty-scans.com/chapters/kase_san_ch09_1#40
Maybe that explains why some recall this and others don't, since this is the very chapter that got two versions - the magazine version goes into a rant about Yamada comparing her chest to Kase's rather than elaborating on Kase's past experiences with the same sex.
It's up to interpretation (or translation), what Kase means by "getting along" with other girls. There's the overall context of going out / breaking up, but it easily can just be about her female peers' general response after being confronted with Kase's untamed glorious cleavage in the locker room.

At that, I was also revisiting Inoue's introduction (ch.6) and.... why exactly are we lead to believe Mikawacchi's rumor? Because Inoue was actually not jealous? Because she blushed? Because of the drops? Because they've been seen leaving school together...?
Kase never gave anyone Valentine's chocolate before nor has been in another girl's room since elementary before Yamada...

Couldn't find Kase mentioning girls dating her for the lolz (sounds familiar, but could have been just an interpretation in the discussion here - or again, something Mikawacchi said). If anyone finds it, pls link...

Nevri Uploader
Rosmontis
Nevrilicious Scans
joined Jun 5, 2015

I feel like re-reading entire series anyway, but I think what I was remembering was indeed quote about girls becoming distant from her after PE. My first thought was that they tried to get along with Kase (romantically or not), but once they discovered her perfect body, they couldn't handle the difference. I'll post once I do get to re-read it and find anything.

Rimg0054
joined Aug 22, 2016

I feel like re-reading entire series anyway, but I think what I was remembering was indeed quote about girls becoming distant from her after PE. My first thought was that they tried to get along with Kase (romantically or not), but once they discovered her perfect body, they couldn't handle the difference. I'll post once I do get to re-read it and find anything.

I incidentally re-read the whole thing 2-3 weeks before the "new" chapters got translated... But can't recall a moment Kase talked about "exes" - especially with the whole thing about her not responding to Yamada's "Uhm, your previous girlfriends..?" in the Shortcake chapter. But let us know if you find something of interest :)

Silly girls... Getting all self-conscious and putting up distance after beholding the eternal glory that is this
http://dynasty-scans.com/chapters/kase_san_ch09_1#22
http://dynasty-scans.com/chapters/kase_san_ch09_1#25
!?!
I'd be getting closer... so much closer... hnnn~

last edited at Aug 22, 2016 5:41PM

Roomfortwo
joined Feb 11, 2014

That was in chapter 9, as linked before, Kase never really mentioned dating other girls as far as I remember, it's always Miwaki bringing up the rumors and she's the one setting up Inoue as the "rumored girlfriend". I think the rumor started because the other third years at the time made a big deal out of Inoue not having a shot at the tournament in favor of Kase, so setting them up as rivals, then they saw them getting along and jumped to the conclusion that they were dating.

Considering those events happened after Kase saw Yamada and seems to fall for her pretty much instantly, I tend to find hard to believe Kase would date Inoue at that time, I'm pretty sure she was already set on getting close to Yamade to see if she might be able to date her.

All in all, I'd really like for Miwaki to show some consideration for poor Yamada and stop ranting about how Inoue must be Kase's ex. True or not, she should be aware that this cause nothing but grief and angst to yamada, it really feels like it's intentional...

Stardusttelepath8
joined Oct 15, 2014

I think Yamada's "I did it!" speech from ch5.5 just makes girls go gay for whoever said it.

Rimg0054
joined Aug 22, 2016

There we go: Miwaki is evil. `_´
And yep, Kase fell... when she leaned down to try and peek at Yamada's panties and Sensei's sudden shout gave her a heart attack.... :P
How can Kase possibly be so sweet and innocent and yet so hawt and thirsty? :3

last edited at Aug 22, 2016 6:04PM

Tofu
joined Feb 8, 2016

How can Kase possibly be so sweet and innocent and yet so hawt and thirsty? :3

She reminds me a bit of Julia from Strawberry Shake -- a humorous and endearing balance of cluelessness and horniness. Actually Kase and Yamada's dynamic in general is sort of like the "airhead and the idiot" relationship that Julia and Ran have. Except that Julia and Ran took 3 times as many chapters to make out and are (intentionally) more outrageous.

last edited at Aug 23, 2016 2:12PM

Stardusttelepath8
joined Oct 15, 2014

To any lurking uploaders out there, ch19 is ready, bringing us up to date with the RAWs.

To reply you must either login or sign up.