Forum › Kase-san discussion

joined Apr 12, 2015

Yamada left her bag... Didn't she? Kinda saw it fall or smth. Damn let your parents know you're not coming home XD

joined Aug 3, 2016

I'm so glad I decided to check in to see if there was an update today. These past few chapters have been filling a Yamada and Kase-san-shaped void in my heart I didn't realize existed.

Kyonne posted:

Someone red-pill me on that ticket bit, i'm too drunk and didn't understand anything there

I think it was a subversion of the reckless act of love trope. Kase-san's laughing because even with a grand romantic gesture, Yamada still made sure to follow the rules and get a ticket first.

Or it could be something else I dunno

My understanding of this is that Yamada was "sensible" enough to buy a ticket, but in the true air-headed fashion it's for the local lines.

There ain't no way a Shinkansen trip to Tokyo costs 120 yen. Hell, in some prefectures flights are cheaper than bullet train rides to Tokyo.

EDIT: Looked it up out of boredom; page 46 mentioned Himeji as well as the Nozomi train. It's about 17,000 yen for an adult's fare from the stop before Himeji to Tokyo (couldn't see the prices for students).

Pretty sure something like this is the case.

Future chapter spoilers
Yamada doesn't actually go all the way to Tokyo with Kase that night

AnimexObsession
Screenshot%20(107)
joined Dec 27, 2014

Omg i thought this was compeled*cries of joy*

Charon-sml
joined Feb 14, 2016

I finally got around to reading this and it's funny how it's so horny right from the start, it's great.

Yuri Girl 1001 Uploader
Avitar
Fly by Yuri
joined Mar 29, 2013

Nezchan posted:

rip flip phones.

That sounds like it'd be hard to do...

Just hit one with a Nokia, that'll do the job.

Why yes, I always use my new, state of the art flip phone. Why do you ask?

By the way, what's a smart phone? Is it some sort of super flip phone?

last edited at Aug 13, 2016 10:24PM

Dark_Tzitzimine
67763073_p3
joined Dec 18, 2013

Someone at /u/ pointed out that Kase's ex girlfriend is the senpai that was the focus on Chapter 6 "Kase-san and the plant appointee"

I can't believe I didn't realize that myself.

Vegitab%20profile%20pic%20smoll%20tumblr
joined Sep 21, 2014

^ i forget that its been a while between the last chapters and the updates, that ppl wouldnt remember, so I didnt think about commenting on it. I forgot legit everything too, so I reread the series before checking out the latest chapters. Inoue-senpai was lazily/draftly drawn in ch6, compared to her last appearances, I only remembered by name. Visually, she wasn't very memorable.
There's some doubts in the thread about whether Kase and Inoue actually dated I see, but I don't remember how Yamada's friend worded it. Someone called out how the friend's "proof" was shit, butI don't remember if she said it was a rumour, and as "proof", mentioned that they used to go home together, or did she state it as a fact + while they were dating, used to go home together.
Hmm she mentioned at the beginning of the series that Kase had numerous girlfriends, actually. I really don't remember if she had state it or shared a 'rumour' either though.
I really think that Kase had these exes, and dated Inoue, but everything is also written in an ambiguous way. Seems like, besides the friend, no one else ever mentioned it/nothing else supports it. Even when Yamada attempted to ask about her girlfriends (if Kase's ever been in their rooms), Kase conveniently didn't catch what she said. Ofc.
Idk how it'll be resolved, but Kase having dated before isn't a problem tbh, it's not a big deal whether she has dated that senpai or not. She's very much in love with Yamada anyway. Hm, i guess i do have an idea of how it'd be resolve. Yamada's relationship angst is partially their future together, partially uh some form of insecurity + jealousy. University-wise, if it follows the end of ch15, the decision she's made should have more or less relieved her of that stress, and insecurity-wise, being reassured/comforted or something by Kase, along with the meeting of the senpai, should help that too.

Yuu
joined Mar 28, 2015

Kase dating other girl(s) in the past isn't such a big deal. She stated already that the lust was pretty one sided and it never went beyond kissing (if even that) with those other girlfriends.The others probably just wanted to flaunt a cool girlfriend, but got cold feet the moment they understood that Kase wanted to get close and personal.

Yamada, on the contrary, isn't against it, but it's just totally out of her field of expertise.

Img_1317
joined Jan 19, 2015

shit man when kase started crying I started too. oh god I love this manga so much. it gives me so many feelings

last edited at Aug 14, 2016 6:52PM

joined Feb 3, 2016

possible "drama" tag?

Z%20ss
joined Oct 15, 2013

wait, Present and Kase-san is a chapter or an extra?

Norainhere Uploader
2hu%20cats
joined Jun 27, 2014

Hooray, a chapter from Kase's perspective! She really is good, even charming Mikawa at the end there.

Stardusttelepath8
joined Oct 15, 2014

wait, Present and Kase-san is a chapter or an extra?

We're into non-tank territory so until plans for a fourth tank are announced (and for the sake of keeping track of translations over on /u/), we're just calling it a regular chapter for now.

Soralaylaff
joined Oct 16, 2013

Kase really is the perfect girlfriend. How can anyone be that perfect!? Yamada is so damn lucky.

Stardusttelepath8
joined Oct 15, 2014

Kase really is the perfect girlfriend. How can anyone be that perfect!? Yamada is so damn lucky.

Of course, Kase's perfectness is also one of the primary causes of Yamada's anxiety.

Three of Eight
Tumblr_nz7qrjqblu1rs5chao1_5002
joined Feb 1, 2016

Thank you past life self for what ever great and noble deed you did that allowed me to blessed with all these new Kase-san updates this year.

Man coming on today for the first time in a bit to check what I had missed and seeing Kase-san at the top flail

Great excuse to reread it all, yet again, another few times...

That last new entry though. Smooth AF Kase. Smooth AF.

Urgh I have nothing productive to add. I just.... Such cutie patooties.

last edited at Aug 15, 2016 5:12PM

Profile160x160
joined Nov 20, 2014

Speaking of this wonderful Manga, are there any good ways to support Takashima until the English releases arrive? I seem to remember there being talks of an English releases of Kase-san, but am I just completely off my rockers here maybe?

Stardusttelepath8
joined Oct 15, 2014

Speaking of this wonderful Manga, are there any good ways to support Takashima until the English releases arrive? I seem to remember there being talks of an English releases of Kase-san, but am I just completely off my rockers here maybe?

You can get her two doujins, Chocolate and Kase-san and Summer and Kase-san (the latter of which hasn't been translated) from DLsite. The official English release by Seven Seas will come out in Jan 2017. There's also the free but very much appreciated method of just reading the online chapters a shitload of times so the publishers know to keep it going.

Marion Diabolito
Dynsaty%20scans%20avatar%20from%20twgokhs
joined Jan 5, 2015

Kase-san is just as lucky. Yamada is wonderful.

Arttumbsicon
joined Feb 10, 2015

Wonder what she's getting after school >:3c

last edited at Aug 15, 2016 6:22PM

Girl%20with%20a%20black%20cat%20avatar
joined Dec 27, 2015

It's been said a thousand times already,
It's sooooooooooooooooooo cute! I can't stop being happy I read a new update!

Wolfsister%20cara
joined Feb 10, 2013

Just curious but... it's just me or the last two or tree chapters have a little bit different art? Ô.o

Capture%20_2018-03-05-21-59-51~2_resized
joined Apr 28, 2016

Just curious but... it's just me or the last two or tree chapters have a little bit different art? Ô.o

We've reached the switch from Hirari-printed issues to online publication. So it's probably something between the change in medium and changes in Takashima's style itself.

Edit: I just noticed that chapter 9 is on the "Most Popular of Past 7 Days" sidebar. How many of you are willing to bet it's because people heard about new chapters being published, went to the Kase-san page on Dynasty, then immediately scrolled down and clicked the item at the bottom of the listing?

last edited at Aug 15, 2016 7:29PM

Purple Library Guy
Kare%20kano%20joker
joined Mar 3, 2013

Nezchan posted:

rip flip phones.

That sounds like it'd be hard to do...

Just hit one with a Nokia, that'll do the job.

Why yes, I always use my new, state of the art flip phone. Why do you ask?

By the way, what's a smart phone? Is it some sort of super flip phone?

"Smart phone" is an ironic name for a kind of phone which, when you're composing a message, changes your spelling so it's wrong and refuses to let you put it back.

joined Aug 23, 2013

It feels really awesome to know that this manga can still hit the best spot.

To reply you must either login or sign up.