Forum › Yuri Kuma Arashi discussion

joined Jun 12, 2015

Best chapter so far. But what the heck? So Reia got married to some no-face guy only because she didn't realize she was in love with Kale? And she realized that after the marriage? So why she didn't divorce then? Argh.
Also: Yurika is hot.

last edited at Jul 19, 2016 8:17AM

Tmp_bh7jrkjcyaakw52-1123006053
joined Apr 15, 2011

yes, her character does have a very fetching face.

joined Oct 21, 2013

Best chapter so far. But what the heck? So Reia got married to some no-face guy only because she didn't realize she was in love with Kale? And she realized that after the marriage? So why she didn't divorce then? Argh.

Would be really awkward between the 3 of them with her husband being Yurika's brother and all.

Rr
joined Feb 3, 2016

http://dynasty-scans.com/chapters/yuri_kuma_arashi_ch22#5
This is either Kureha's imagination or Kale's illusion .
But i must say ... none of them can represent Reia's real feeling.

and don't get me started on fetal-yuri..

last edited at Jul 20, 2016 12:12PM

Images
joined Jun 8, 2016

so this is what being on drugs feels like, holy shit

joined Apr 15, 2011

feel free to ignore the rant below.

<rant>
I love Morishima's works and it pains me to say this, but i'll be glad when this story comes to an end. unless i've missed something, and it's possible i have, the story as a whole has gotten unruly. all these little side stoires need to come with an explanation guide. others may disagree with chapter but i think ch. 21 is a good place to start. maybe earlier, but definitely when the story transitions from one oddball plot to another.
</rant>

joined Jan 22, 2015

Okay the latest update deserves the wtf? tag. This has gone beyond all sense of reason and I think this is an extra but what the actual fuck is happening and is this even an extra I mean what?

joined Jul 22, 2016

This side story makes no sense. Maybe I missed something from an earlier chapters, but who in the world is that weird sneaky-around girl...?

S-l225
joined Jun 28, 2016

+1 for the wtf tag. I guess this is some sort of tie in the an anime, but the whole thing is starting to look like some sort of fever dream.

last edited at Aug 6, 2016 11:19PM

62342532_p4_3
joined May 27, 2015

Page 3, top right: "disapeared"

It seems Mitsuko's arrived.

And how much input did Ikuhara have in this manga? Goddamn.

joined Apr 30, 2014

Oh god, as soon as she said "brothers"...

Stardusttelepath8
joined Oct 15, 2014

Okay the latest update deserves the wtf? tag. This has gone beyond all sense of reason and I think this is an extra but what the actual fuck is happening and is this even an extra I mean what?

This is more or less just wrapping up Sumika's arc and wtf her deal is. After the next chapter, we're in the home stretch. Not that it makes any more sense than this arc...
We've more or less got the QC for the remaining chapters sorted out so it's just a matter of how quickly the typesetter can work.

Yuu
joined Mar 28, 2015

Yuri Kuma Arashi is a cooking manga.

joined Apr 11, 2014

Honestly for this manga I had to do a word document to keep track of who is who and what is going on. I really feel like this is the only way I could understand what was going on.
It is just that some of the scenes in this manga are so difficult to keep up with, and it really feels like everyone in this story took some high quality shrooms and had a weirdest trip. Thankfully, this final arc is wrapping up with Sumika and the class prez girl, so it is a nice break from whatever happened before.

joined Apr 15, 2011

This is more or less just wrapping up Sumika's arc and wtf her deal is. After the next chapter, we're in the home stretch. Not that it makes any more sense than this arc...
We've more or less got the QC for the remaining chapters sorted out so it's just a matter of how quickly the typesetter can work.

@Goggled Anon - thanks for the update and the work you guys are doing.

rants aside, i'll be the first to admit that my gripes (and i would think some of the other commenters here as well) are solely targeted at all these detours in the story (oddball arcs). i guess this is the difference between print and animated. lot's of mini-stories work well when animated because they can be split across episodes, but the manga in this case... oy!

joined Mar 8, 2016

Translation point: I believe in this chapter you mistook "konnyaku" (a type of gelatinous vegetable product) with "cognac," a type of alcohol. After all, you can't make a compress out of cognac, nor could Lulu legally buy it.

Heres%20wakasa
joined Jul 28, 2016

So... correct me if I'm wrong, but... Mitsuko ignored Sumika and turned everyone against her because she was in love with her? I guess she got rejected or something? This chapter revealed that Sumika's ridiculously oblivious, so maybe she rejected her by accident or something... though it also revealed she was ridiculously perceptive, so I don't know... this happens all the time in stories (actually, does it? I remember reading stuff like this before in various stories, but I can't remember what the names of these stories are... extreme tsundere stuff, maybe, I don't know), but I still can't comprehend why anyone with an ounce of sense would think this would be a good idea...

Though, I guess that it's at least good that's Sumika is (probably) going to get herself a girlfriend in this thing, unlike the anime where she died and... became the Bear God or whatever it was.

last edited at Aug 9, 2016 8:58PM

joined Jan 22, 2015

Thanks for your work on this.

Dorohedoro_noi_big_smile
joined Feb 24, 2015

I'm so lost. This story has made little sense for several chapters now, and it makes me wonder why I'm still here.
Eh. I'll just ride it out until the end.

Hyewon%20blush-1%2041
joined Dec 15, 2013

Every time there's an update for this, I have to reread the last few chapters because I've lost track of what happened the last time. And I'm pretty sad that this has gone down the path of wtf, I really liked it at the beginning.

Tiny%20melon
joined Oct 17, 2014

Now that we know all the bear motifs were just part of Ginko's illusions and Sumika's psychotherapy hocus-pocus, what happens to the supernatural tag now?

On an unrelated note, this is by far one of the most unexpected manga i thought i would have enjoyed. For those peeps who feel confused about the manga storyline, don't fret as its the same in the anime. Try giving the anime a shot first, as it may or may not help your confusion, since its written by Ikuhara who's a complete troll in plot exposition but it unfolds itself quite nicely in the end. But I don't deny that this is the sort of manga that one would have to take time to sit down and read in one go.

Profile2
joined Aug 8, 2015

Am I the only one who has seen the anime?
This manga looks and feels like a mix between the anime (a lot of things that would normally seem out of nowhere, like the yuri court or the "box" thing or the fairy tale story) and situations and motiffs that kunihiko wanted to add to the story. It...gives off a very patchwork-y feel.
Overall, I prefer the anime much more. It carried out its themes of social isolation better. (Although I wanted much more Sumika and Ginko from it...) I'm happy the manga is able to expand on the characters, though!

Heres%20wakasa
joined Jul 28, 2016

Wait, maybe I'm missing something here, but when did Kureha find out that Ginko accidentally killed her mom? Also, WHAT THE HELL? I could take the rest of the bizarre stuff so far, but that just came out of left field...

themusicman500
Non-messed%20up%20face
joined Jan 18, 2016

As a lot of people here have been saying, this isn't the easiest story to follow. I was harshly rebuked for asking questions about the story before, but in any case: 1. Why does/did Ginko believe she's a bear? 2. What does the bear/courtroom/hunting metaphor mean? 3. What exactly is the conflict? (I'm sorry)

last edited at Aug 14, 2016 3:16AM

joined Jun 12, 2015

Wait, maybe I'm missing something here, but when did Kureha find out that Ginko accidentally killed her mom?

In Chapter 18 Ginko gave her a hint. And after the reveal that Kale didn't kill Reia, she knows that Ginko is still forcing her smile. Kureha finally remembered what happened in the past.

To reply you must either login or sign up.