Forum › Cinderella discussion

drpepperfan Admin
Ss%20(2018-09-18%20at%2004.40.05)
joined Oct 12, 2010

Very confused. This seems like a prequel to a work, as indicated by them randomly being from the moon (?) and the "continued in the original" at the end. But it looks like it's the only story in the anthology based on this. Any ideas?

Rosenakahara
Jackavi
joined Feb 23, 2014

I dont get it.
it was relatively cute at the end then the extra "to be continued" page happened.

So was this a prequel to something or what?

joined Jun 12, 2015

^I second that. But this story could be a one big troll. So it's meh for now.

joined Jan 4, 2014

Very confused. This seems like a prequel to a work, as indicated by them randomly being from the moon (?) and the "continued in the original" at the end. But it looks like it's the only story in the anthology based on this. Any ideas?

I interpreted page 17 as being a flashback, with the "original" story it refers to being pages 2-16, giving us an insight to glasses-girl's motivation prior to her pulling off the whole date setup...

drpepperfan Admin
joined Oct 12, 2010

I interpreted page 17 as being a flashback, with the "original" story it refers to being pages 2-16, giving us an insight to glasses-girl's motivation prior to her pulling off the whole date setup...

That could make sense, with this being a bonus page to the original story added to the tank. But it's still bizarre that they are, for no reason at all, aliens.

joined Aug 11, 2014

Could just be a weird/cutesy way of saying "to find out what happens to these two in the future, refer to the story you just read!" Since that last page specifically was a flashback to them in highschool. Maybe it was an omake released separately from the main story, and got collected together in the anthology? It's just a guess, since I don't actually know how these were released.

The moon thing was a little weird, though. Then again, so were the boyfriend-glasses, so maybe Canno just thought "What's a good excuse for this thing existing? Magic? Sci-fi? Sci-fi works. It's AR or whatever. Do I need to add more future junk? I don't really wanna do much worldbuilding for this one-off thing, so... Fuck it, just say they're on the moon. Good enough!"

Chinatsu%202
joined Jan 27, 2016

That could make sense, with this being a bonus page to the original story added to the tank. But it's still bizarre that they are, for no reason at all, aliens.

I don't think they're aliens (or not nonhuman aliens) I think they're colonists in a post-extraterrestrial colonization future.

joined Feb 18, 2015

Well, it looks like a great concept for a story with a sf twist. It seems to be a bit of a futuristic, moon colony setting with some high tech gagets. A bit of a cliche setup with both girls thinking the other is straight, the one concentrating on studies, the other being "boy crazy" to try to draw out the other so she can "give up". I would definitely read it. I wonder where it can be found?

2x2-shinobuden-m001
joined Dec 14, 2014

Dreading it was the standard fare, I liked the twist. The reference to the 'original work' made the last page somewhat confusing, but it's just them when they were younger. I would have just left it out in the tankobon version.

Femshep%20x%20liara%20avatar
joined Dec 8, 2013

Reading page 17 first makes this much more coherent. I love Canno's stuff. :D

Not usually a fan of unrequited love, but this was pretty sweet.

last edited at Jul 5, 2016 6:04PM

Vegitab%20profile%20pic%20smoll%20tumblr
joined Sep 21, 2014

Could just be a weird/cutesy way of saying "to find out what happens to these two in the future, refer to the story you just read!"

Exactly. It took me a bit to get it as well but that's exactly it. Its a flashback, and the following is what we've just read

Drpepperfan are you still confused? :0

last edited at Jul 5, 2016 6:17PM

drpepperfan Admin
joined Oct 12, 2010

Not as much as before. I can see what they were aiming for, but, as I kind of feel tends to be Canno's flaw, the execution could have been handled better.

the sci fi aspect is still weird, I think gale is right though. had to think of some way to include the glasses lol

Also the final twist was nice.

last edited at Jul 5, 2016 6:46PM

Capture%20sakukallen
joined Apr 17, 2015

The story was pretty sweet, yeah. I guess them living on the moon was meant to give a "dreamy" feel to the whole thing or whatever. Anyway, I like that both like each other deep down but don't believe it's mutual. It's very simple but Canno's always very good at creating that ethereal and peaceful atmosphere .

……

And honestly, I'm not sure what that "Honpen he tsudzuku" meant either… http://jisho.org/search/honpen

Either the page was added in the tankoubon as a sort of prequel (the art does look more recent), or the story is continued in the original doujinshi, but drawn by Kawauchi and/or Nega… I don't know.

http://dshyper.xxxxxxxx.jp/hky/mpw.html

Actually, I wonder if the whole story isn't just a big dream from one of the girls who dozed off in class or something?

HopeFromYuri
5b3c524e-e066-4eaf-8e5f-ae4e37b5edda
joined Jan 18, 2016

It looks awesome, but like said before, kinda messed/turned around

Norainhere Uploader
2hu%20cats
joined Jun 27, 2014

I personally didn't think it was that confusing, just that the setting could have been better explained. I do have to agree with everyone that the end was great though.

I_whosonline
joined Oct 18, 2015

The yuri level in Cider and Crybaby is not as strong as in AnoKiss. Getting worse, there's hetero story in this manga. If you want to translate this part, I'm fine it.

drpepperfan Admin
joined Oct 12, 2010

I honestly thought it was way gayer than AnoKiss, by a mile.

Capture%20sakukallen
joined Apr 17, 2015

Really? Early Canno was really soft on the yuri. No hugging no kissing…

^^ If you're talking about the male character in the last story, you don't need to worry about it.

joined May 4, 2016

On page 7, the long haired one thinks," If she actually found a boyfriend... Would he have that smile all to himself?", so it isn't really unrequited.

joined Sep 21, 2014

On page 7, the long haired one thinks," If she actually found a boyfriend... Would he have that smile all to himself?", so it isn't really unrequited.

Blondie doesn't seem to be fully conscious of it, but it is pretty much stronglyyy hinted that she isn't indifferent to the idea of her friend 'hooking up' with some guy on Earth
What's nice about this one shot is that it seems that blondie isn't too happy at the idea of her friend being so excited at finding a boyfriend. So it seems from her perspective to be a story of her unrequited feelings, with the twist being that:
1. Twintails is actually very much in love with her
2. Twintails was trying to get over her own 'unrequited' love
And thus, the entire point of the story is: Unrequited love? SIKE.

Nezchan Moderator
Meiling%20bun%20150px
joined Jun 28, 2012

The long haired one is pretty obviously into her friend, and is upset that she doesn't have a chance with her but has to go along with this charade anyway. The other is revealed to have been using the glasses as a ruse to get a date with the girl she likes who she thought was straight. So pretty clear it's requited.

Yeecon
joined Feb 6, 2013

The only thing that bothered me was that it isn't that hard to walk while wearing glasses.

35c990f6-7c27-4620-972d-5aaee310af25-15976-00000b53e4662256
joined Jun 6, 2016

Now I wanna read the original story

joined Sep 21, 2014

Guys, the 'original' story is literally what you've just read.
The chapter itself before that one last page is the original story.

SeifukuGirls
Keepallyourgifsinabasket
joined Aug 17, 2013

By far the best in the anthology. If there's anything I'd like a full manga to, it's this one.
Though I doubt Canno is physically able to focus on one couple for more than 5 consecutive chapters in anything.

To reply you must either login or sign up.