I can't get 'we shared even the body of christ between us' out of my head!! :V

+1

its like.. the bread thing right

Yuu
joined Mar 28, 2015

+1

Sharing the love. It can never be wrong.

Purple Library Guy
Kare%20kano%20joker
joined Mar 3, 2013

Seems to me the thing about this is, even if things "go bad" it's very hard for them to be worse than the results of the two girls just going with the flow and being part of the town's whole deal would have been.
I mean, double suicide isn't really foreshadowed. It's more that they outright accept it as a probable and reasonable price to pay for opting out of the horrible empty pit of an expected life that they're being offered. So bad results are possible--but likely not results bad enough to make their actions regrettable or their decisions wrong.

On the other hand, most of the world wasn't as bad as horrible coal mining towns. Things might go surprisingly well. They've bet everything they have, which is nothing, on the possibility of something better even though they can't imagine it. Perhaps their courage will be rewarded. At the very least, surely they will see some part of the world not deadened by coal dust.

Bear Misteress Isa
joined May 18, 2016

This author writes so well! I love their use of words. And the part where Marly called God a bum cracked me up.

Aki
joined May 22, 2014

+1

Yes, it's the bread thing, and lemme tell ya it tastes like butt!!! Glad that they gave it a good use and... flavour! :B

56239_1311160211088_full
joined Oct 30, 2015

This is good.

2015-01-21%2018.42.01%20copy
joined Dec 10, 2015

what the hell this is so cool!!

Hinataskype
joined May 26, 2011

Ah, what a nice ending. There were ups and downs but this was a very pleasant read overall, very filled with honest emotion and heartache but also happiness and love between Marly and Wendy. fave!

Fennec
joined May 28, 2012

Even though they were the victims of the situation too,but man....what a bunch of pathetic adults.
Well,at least you got an uncertain but hopeful ending.

LumberingCrane
Djltnk3ucaamfms
joined Apr 12, 2016

Well this was really good; had a relatively unique setting and story plus the writing is pretty great. And look at that, not a bad ending despite all the drama.

Jackavi
joined Feb 23, 2014

That was great and it didn't go nearly where I expected.

joined May 14, 2015

I was so scared reading that, but it was just as good as the first part. Unique story and art, hard to swallow but a great treat nonetheless.

Yuu
joined Mar 28, 2015

Very well written. There's this feeling the mining towns give, with people hard at work, but emotionally dead. The author really gave it an eerie atmosphere.

Wendy and Marly cling to each other, seeking their salvation in the eyes of the other. Sink or swim. Without each other, they'd die inside, but love, even if deemed sinful, allows them to go forward and look for a better tomorrow.

Little Red Rum
joined Mar 6, 2015

I was crossing my fingers hoping that neither Marly or Wendy die at the end, and thank god it didn't happen!
But still deserve that Drama tag--

joined Jun 12, 2015

Wait. So Wendy killed that unborn child?!

themusicman500
Non-messed%20up%20face
joined Jan 18, 2016

Marly: Your mom's so mean, let's get out of here!
Wendy: Yeah about that, I've physically abused my mom for years and even aborted her baby.
Marly: That's okay I still love you. Let's go!
Wendy: :)

*I am sleep deprived and probably misunderstood the story completely so by all means correct me

Tag%20rock%20snake
joined Aug 16, 2014

Wendy: Yeah about that, I've physically abused my mom for years and even aborted her baby.

*I am sleep deprived and probably misunderstood the story completely so by all means correct me

I think, it isn't stated that Wendy killed the child, but she blames herself for its death.

Akari-mizunashi-transparent%203
joined Oct 10, 2014

I think, it isn't stated that Wendy killed the child, but she blames herself for its death.

Because she was constantly assaulting her mother.

joined Apr 26, 2016

1950s West Virginia is so bleak love the setting

Johanliebert
joined Dec 15, 2015

Seeing the drama tag; it's pretty obvious it is gonna end badly, but I'm prepared so I guess it's fine.

The art is really beautiful though, and I like the setting. We need more stories like this.

I was wrong; so glad that I was wrong.

My, what a beautiful story with stunning drawing. We definitely need more stories like this.

joined Mar 8, 2016

Kind of a surprise that it was Wendy's mother's anonymous lover who was the kind voice of reason who helped smooth the way for the two of them to leave for boarding school. That's... not how that character is usually used in these kinds of stories. ><;

Anime-anime-boy-black-and-white-boy-favim.com-1570867
joined May 7, 2014

It felt like I was diving in the magnificent dark color art and the deep emotion words.
' ' Such a masterpiece...

last edited at Jul 13, 2016 12:57PM

5887bbeec1348a10fa095be8917e75b0
joined May 19, 2015

True love if I've ever seen it

Lifecharacter
Canaan2
joined May 9, 2013

Somehow I doubt that Marly's going to have a good time in the future, what with being in a relationship with a girl who violently abused her mother to the point of potentially causing a miscarriage because she cheated on her father when he was fighting (and dying) in a war. That and grabbing Marly's arm was enough to make Wendy threaten to cut her mother's stomach open with a broken tea pot.

Though maybe she'll run away from the violent, abusive yandere once she's out of town...

To reply you must either login or sign up.