Forum › Fluttering Feelings [SPOILER THREAD]

joined Nov 30, 2011

Oooooh the time is drawing near when these two begin having inclinations about each other. I'm betting the ski trip will definitely be a catalyst.

Girl%20with%20a%20black%20cat%20avatar
joined Dec 27, 2015

SO CLOSE!!!!!!!!!
Her lips were right there...........GO FOR IT!!!!
Very romantic, and amazingly no one is ever around when things like this happen.
Thanks halmoni!

last edited at Jan 11, 2016 10:17AM

C__data_users_defapps_appdata_internetexplorer_temp_saved%20images_lavender_town_screenshot
joined Dec 9, 2014

Something that I think sometimes and I don't remember anyone asking, do we have any idea if Ssamba have a girlfriend? Some of the best yuri we have are from lesbians or bisexual womans, not necessarely in a relationship with another woman of course, but I was wondering if Ssamba have personal experience since FF characters and their interactions feel more realistic, not to mention the story in general is better than most yuri even if it have a few problems and forced cliches, like ex-boyfriend with perfect timing.

I've never come across anything regarding Ssamba's personal life. I mean, I think we're not even sure is she's a "she" if I'm not mistaken.

Generally in yuri I personally can tell the difference between male and female artists by one thing. Male usually tend to draw more sexually centered yuri mangas, while female focuses on the feelings more.
Of course this is not a rule (like the author of Prism who is male and some others I forget rn), but generally I noticed there is this patern going on in a lot of cases. But still, if a yuri artist is a female, it doesn't mean she's necesserily bi/gay.

joined Apr 3, 2013

Oh my god why did I find out about this manga in it's unfinished state. I'm just going to unofficially die a bit in waiting.
Thank you so much for halmoni's translations (so much easier than me trying to bludgeon my way through with elementary Korean on the comico website) and all the contributors who made the translations possible with the typesetting and everything.

Definitely a new favourite. I am probably just going to repour myself over a few chapters (or the whole series) over and over again (because once I found the imgur site I got too excited and just rushed through the last.. 20 or so chapters?) Time to savour it again!

._. Ah man I'm such a nerd for these two.

PS. I'm a little confused about the President's warning for Seol-a, that if she pours more of herself out in an uncertain relationship she'll be sure to suffer? Is she trying to encourage them to get together already? Or...???

joined Jan 31, 2015

From this post in the "Fluttering Feelings ART" thread...

Fan art / headcanon of Chapter 59 by brethjelly:

Sketch#2 just kiss already D:!!!!

Source:
http://brethjelly.tumblr.com/post/137043627283/sketch2-just-kiss-already-d
http://41.media.tumblr.com/34fd2b30299b5af9728775888aa1a0ed/tumblr_o0rckfzulq1rj6vemo1_1280.jpg

Also be sure to check out the other recent pieces of fan art and author art in the thread!

last edited at Jan 11, 2016 11:47AM

Utena-240x146
joined Sep 13, 2015

^^^^
That is some beautiful art. Whoever made that clearly knows how to draw.
I Know when this manga ends, im going to miss it. Its a really good manga to just sit back and read. Please don't end, I won't know what Im going to do, to fill the void that this manga is going to leave.

Ratana%20avatar%203.3%20dynasty
joined May 11, 2012

I've never come across anything regarding Ssamba's personal life. I mean, I think we're not even sure is she's a "she" if I'm not mistaken.

Generally in yuri I personally can tell the difference between male and female artists by one thing. Male usually tend to draw more sexually centered yuri mangas, while female focuses on the feelings more.
Of course this is not a rule (like the author of Prism who is male and some others I forget rn), but generally I noticed there is this patern going on in a lot of cases. But still, if a yuri artist is a female, it doesn't mean she's necesserily bi/gay.

I noticed that when the artist have few oneshots or doujin yuri that are basically about sex they're almost always male, if you search for more of their works they're almost always all het hentai too, but there is some artists that basically do mainly or only yuri hentai like Ooshima Tomo, Homura Subaru, Mira ahd Sekihara Umina who as far as we know are female and lesbian, I guess male artists doesn't have much interest because they can't self-insert themselves, you can also know by the quality of the sex scenes too, some are harder to know because they have few works like Comaku who you basically find only three images and the manga uploaded here and Mytyl that have few both het and yuri hentai and more yuri on pixiv.

Obviously some male and straight female artists do good yuri too, but most male artists do few yuri, Kurogane Ken, Asagi Ryuu and Amanagi Seiji are the only ones who I remember that did a lot of yuri and apparently still do, as for straight female artist, most of them we'll never really know their sexuality like Mikuni Hajime, but she's probably straight as according to Mangaupdates her last yuri is from 2011 and half her mangas are het or yaoi, Namori is another one that I don't think we know anything about her, but like I said some of the artists that are definitely the best and also the most prominent are lesbians or bisexual like Amano Shuninta, Takemiya Jin, Morinaga Milk and Morishima Akiko, there's an obvious difference in quality of their writing, Ooshima Tomo, Homura Subaru, Mira and Sekihara Umina definitely count too even though their works focus more on sex, that's why I can't help but wonder about Ssamba, at least I don't think it's a male artist, but if she's straight, lesbian or bi is impossble to know just by reading FF.

Since we're talking about Ssamba, does she have any other work or FF is her first? Any art made before or after FF that is unrelated to it?

last edited at Jan 11, 2016 12:37PM

Untitled-1
joined Aug 29, 2013

My guts tell me Ssamba is female bisexual lol.
Research indicates all females are somewhat bisexual anyways xD

I think FF is her first series. She admited herself that she's quite inexperienced. But if its indeed her very first series, she's amazing. I hope she will continue doing yuri, cuz she seems to be more than capable of writing het.

C__data_users_defapps_appdata_internetexplorer_temp_saved%20images_lavender_town_screenshot
joined Dec 9, 2014

Well it seems that FF is not the typical yuri manga, because we get important hetero relationships too. Also the way Sung-Pyo and No-Rae were portraited. It wasn't just a plot device, it was real feelings too.
But to me it's always better to just assume anyone's orientation of what they claim to be and leave it like that lol.

Tbh I thought Enah would like No-Rae that way, but apparently that's not true. Maybe it was just my imagination, but I think Ssamba made her ambiguus on purpose to avoid making a cliche villain who will "force" them together instead of helping.

Seolaposescolor2
joined Nov 9, 2014

Well it seems that FF is not the typical yuri manga, because we get important hetero relationships too. Also the way Sung-Pyo and No-Rae were portraited. It wasn't just a plot device, it was real feelings too.
But to me it's always better to just assume anyone's orientation of what they claim to be and leave it like that lol.

Tbh I thought Enah would like No-Rae that way, but apparently that's not true. Maybe it was just my imagination, but I think Ssamba made her ambiguus on purpose to avoid making a cliche villain who will "force" them together instead of helping.

I really liked that the Enah wasn't the person we kind of suspected in the beginning. Ssamba has a way with story telling and drawing. (Yeah her characters look a like and we poke fun at them but we have to keep in mind that this is new for her. Aside that Ssamba is kicking butt)

Untitled-1
joined Aug 29, 2013

Kisa

SO CLOSE!!!!!!!!!
Her lips were right there...........GO FOR IT!!!!
Very romantic, and amazingly no one is ever around when things like this happen.
Thanks halmoni!

Well, Ssamba just didnt show the further surrounding. It didnt mean theres no one around.

Jazz
joined Oct 21, 2015

pant....pant... gasp...
Be still my heart. The snow scene. Oh my.....

Please, please, please... don't let 100 chapters be the end.

Girl%20with%20a%20black%20cat%20avatar
joined Dec 27, 2015

From this post in the "Fluttering Feelings ART" thread...

Fan art / headcanon of Chapter 59 by brethjelly:

Sketch#2 just kiss already D:!!!!

Love it!
Great art. Very close to oringinal likeness. My dream scene.

ieeheh
"Well, Ssamba just didnt show the further surrounding. It didnt mean theres no one around."
IDK
Maybe cause it's cold and snowy everyone is inside drinking hot cocoa and watching infomercials......................maybe.

last edited at Jan 11, 2016 9:37PM

Untitled-1
joined Aug 29, 2013

Before Seola became conscious of her feelings for Norae, she used to be so smooth, girly, and naturally flirty

Now that's she's aware of her feelings, she's sometimes gotten quite stiff and "manly" wanting to protect Norae. It's so cute. I can't get enough of Seola.

Phpol1pm9_c1pm
joined Feb 3, 2015

lol It seems I've missed some essential stuff the past couple of weeks. I do like where it's going ^^

Norae
joined Oct 16, 2014

3 days and ... 2 NIGHTS!

Untitled-1
joined Aug 29, 2013

3 days and ... 2 NIGHTS!

I bet they'll be sharing a room

Seolaposescolor2
joined Nov 9, 2014

3 days and ... 2 NIGHTS!

I bet they'll be sharing a room

Oh the possibilities..

Vegitab%20profile%20pic%20smoll%20tumblr
joined Sep 21, 2014

The guy who wrote Prism
The couple of scenes he traced, wasn't one or two of them pretty erotic?
It might not have been sexually centered, (i only read it twice i dont remember what the plot even was, besides the focus on the girls' relationship) but it was there no?

But yeah, there's always the emotional and the physical.
I suppose it could all come down to fanservice, or like, the kind of story they want to tell

Someone mentioned Ooshima Tomo earlier, and yeah, female yuri hentai artist.
Yeah it's mainly hentai that she did (iirc) but from what I remember reading from her, the way she portrayed the relationships and the sex was also deeply emotional, which is why it stuck with me. It was deeply sexual (ofc) but the emphasis on the feelings shouldn't be ignored, and it's quite wonderful to read.

Vegitab%20profile%20pic%20smoll%20tumblr
joined Sep 21, 2014

Before Seola became conscious of her feelings for Norae, she used to be so smooth, girly, and naturally flirty

Now that's she's aware of her feelings, she's sometimes gotten quite stiff and "manly" wanting to protect Norae. It's so cute. I can't get enough of Seola.

Truuuuee :')
She has become way more self conscious about her actions and her behavior around No-rae, but that is only natural of course :P She (and No-rae aw well) doesn't want to give herself away
Ah but she did try to confess a while ago, but was interrupted. I wonder what will come of that now?

Untitled-1
joined Aug 29, 2013

Ah but she did try to confess a while ago, but was interrupted. I wonder what will come of that now?

I think Sung-Pyo's encounter made her confidence waver and she's a lil more conscious and afraid of rejection from No-rae now. That's why she went through some trouble to arrange the part time job to spend more time with No-rae first.

Falling in love with a girl is a curse.. Not knowing how she feels is even worse

But it seems like her efforts started to pay off... I cant wait to see their moments at the ski resort

last edited at Jan 12, 2016 7:42PM

Untitled-1
joined Aug 29, 2013

The more i re-read FF, the more I think Ssamba is a master of drawing facial micro expression. Seola still smiles lately, but her smile is not as bright and innocent as before. Now her smile carries a subtle sense of pain and uneasiness. Before, like Kyeyung said, she had the look of "I look like I can seduce any man in 10 minutes" and I miss that look of hers.
It doesnt mean I dont like where it's going. They're both changing and growing and I appreciate Ssamba for portraying such a reality on screen. But I just want to see them truly happy again soon.

No-rae
joined Feb 4, 2015

I dont really see anything manly in Seol-A, if anything No-Rae is less femenine. But I agree about her change of attitude, she has got shy and stiff, cute haha.

Btw, about ssamba, she called Choa that idol girl "unnie" so I guess she is a female. And I think she has to be at least bi, because of the way the characters are portrayed, and the sweet ride of the girls falling in love and because this is her first story. I mean, I dont think a straight girl would focus like this in yuri.

But anyway, bi/gay/straight I believe ssamba has to be pretty sweet in reality, judging for the way she writes love hehe

last edited at Jan 12, 2016 11:38PM

Wooper
joined Oct 25, 2015

The more i re-read FF, the more I think Ssamba is a master of drawing facial micro expression. Seola still smiles lately, but her smile is not as bright and innocent as before. Now her smile carries a subtle sense of pain and uneasiness. Before, like Kyeyung said, she had the look of "I look like I can seduce any man in 10 minutes" and I miss that look of hers.
It doesnt mean I dont like where it's going. They're both changing and growing and I appreciate Ssamba for portraying such a reality on screen. But I just want to see them truly happy again soon.

I totally agree, re: micro expression. That's one of the things that grabbed me in the early chapters. :)

Untitled-1
joined Aug 29, 2013

Why is it only Thursday here? I need my FF dose or else I'd wither.

To reply you must either login or sign up.