Forum › Fluttering Feelings [SPOILER THREAD]

Seolaposescolor2
joined Nov 9, 2014

While Seol-a wears her heart on her sleeve. So when Ina said: "the more you pour your feelings out, the more you'll suffer. Especially in an uncertain relationship." I took it as her way of saying, "the more attached your feelings become to No-rae, the more you'll suffer if things are left uncertain between the two of you." I don't think it was meant to encourage nor discourage. She was just laying the truth out for Seol-a to think over.

So this would be the second person giving her love advice and it will probably take a while for it to sink in for Seol-A as it did last time. Before I was swayed to think maybe she was telling Seol-A to confess, but I think this is a way for Seol-A to reflect on the type of person she is and the type of person No-Rae is. This is a round about way of Enah saying okay, so this is information I've given you, I can tell we have similar personality traits, this is what I think is going on, and remember only more pain will come from things as they are now.

What we have:

1.) Seol-A loves No-Rae
2.) Seol-A almost confessed but ex boyfriend interrupted
3.) No-Rae got closure with ex
4 ) No-Rae knows she loves Seol-A but doesn't know what to do with said love

We have come a long way. I kind of skipped over all the before stuff, but looking at it like that I'm thinking we are still a while off from any confessions.

Edit: My bad for any confusion before. Seol-A doesn't know that No-Rae likes someone.

last edited at Jan 4, 2016 8:58PM

joined Mar 23, 2013

Haha, Seol-a saying what does she know? How cute.
She knows a lot more than you it would seem, kid(heh).

I'm sure Seol-a subconciously is aware of many things Ina conciously knows and so it shouldn't take too long for Seol-a to digest what was said and it's meaning.

There might be a slight delay because she doesn't like her and you tend to resist good advice if it's from a person you don't like.

last edited at Jan 4, 2016 10:08AM

No-rae
joined Feb 4, 2015

While Seol-a wears her heart on her sleeve. So when Ina said: "the more you pour your feelings out, the more you'll suffer. Especially in an uncertain relationship." I took it as her way of saying, "the more attached your feelings become to No-rae, the more you'll suffer if things are left uncertain between the two of you." I don't think it was meant to encourage nor discourage. She was just laying the truth out for Seol-a to think over.

So this would be the second person giving her love advice and it will probably take a while for it to sink in for Seol-A as it did last time. Before I was swayed to think maybe she was telling Seol-A to confess, but I think this is a way for Seol-A to reflect on the type of person she is and the type of person No-Rae is. This is a round about way of Enah saying okay, so this is information I've given you, I can tell we have similar personality traits, this is what I think is going on, and remember only more pain will come from things as they are now. Will Seol-A decide to confess now that she knows No-Rae likes someone? I would be inclined to think she would in around about way ask No-Rae if she likes someone or ask No-Raes best friend and then decide.

What we have:

1.) Seol-A loves No-Rae
5) Seol-A knows No-Rae likes someone

We have come a long way. I kind of skipped over all the before stuff, but looking at it like that I'm thinking we are still a while off from any confessions.

Seol-A doesnt know No-Rae likes someone though. Or well, I dont remember that part, when was it?

Wooper
joined Oct 25, 2015

In chapter 57, when Norae told Enah she liked someone, she addressed that someone as "they". Is it common in Korean language to not identify 3rd party as he or she?

If it's not common, I think it's pretty obvious she's talking about a girl. Addressing someone she liked as "he" is much easier but she didn't do it

When they're talking about Seol-a, No-rae refers first refers to her as "a person that I like" (좋아하는 사람). Then she refers to Seol-a as "child" (그 애, variations include 그 아이 or 걔; changes to 얘/쟤 depending on location of the person you're talking about) which is just another informal gender neutral term to refer to someone who's either younger or around your age. In Korean, it's very common to omit the subject or object of a sentence (i.e. "When [we're] together...[I'm] happy. Even if [we] aren't doing anything. [x] = omitted), and that's how the rest of the conversation goes.

Pronouns are usually omitted if you can understand from the context. It's much more convenient to either omit pronouns or use shorter gender neutral pronouns, than to say "he" or "she". No-rae probably didn't want to suddenly come out of the closet and tell her boss that she was in love with a girl.

Interesting thanks for sharing. So the pronoun dropping is common with Chinese and Japanese, but I agree that No-rae was being careful. It looked it.

Btw, I thought No-Rae was really cute and sweet this chapter, especially at the start, telling Seol-A she looked so pretty, asking for the pics, getting nervous when Seol-A didnt say anything. Haha, come on Seol-A, she is being obvious :p

Seol-a was silent because she was surprised by No-rae's forwardness lol. It was kinda hard to tell, but I think Seol-a was blushing + a bit dumbfounded after No-rae said she wanted Seol-a's unedited pictures for "personal" use. And then No-rae had to justify herself.

This was my favorite scene before @halmoni gave it words, and I liked it even more with them. No-rae was so blushing and awkward at the end. Ha-ha.

@ mikasamikasa77

I don't understand what really mean Ina, I don't understand the meaning of << "totally not a pushover" No-rae~>>

It's a reference to Seol-a's words "Don't look down on No-rae! She's not some pushover!"

I am reflecting on the character of Norae,... however my feeling that Ina has put other doubts still Seola, to come out to her, another card thrown into the pile to raise even more the narrative tension ...
Its true that as Norae has understood that she likes Seola, she wants to be with her, she has not expressed romantic feelings, or I wrong? Here no one said "I'm in love with her", (Seola most with some flashback like the "lips of norae)"... and that in this "uncertain relationship" come out at the wrong time, or not be very clear, certainly can hurt ...
I'm trying to interpret from the point of view of the words of Ina...

Is it really common to be so direct about romantic feelings or say "I love you" (for Koreans)? Not to mention, they're both girls. Beyond the fact that they both like another girl, there are a lot of base assumptions that people of the same gender miss out on. For example, if they were a boy and girl hanging out all the time, people would assume they're together, and they'd find it normal too. Seol-a Jihwan. Neither other people nor the girls themselves are going to assume the possibility. Noo-rae certainly isn't. Seol-a's scared.

Chasing away the other person is more of a risk than getting turned down, so I think Enah's warning her about her feelings growing without reciprocation. Even if No-rae is certain in her feelings she may not say anything to Seol-a. ...I think @moonfrost13 said it well.

Earlier people mentioned Enah's use of "opponent". She was referring to how No-rae short circuited her thought thread. Also, she said it to herself (the "opponent" thing in a thought bubble). She'd just shared how many people view her as a gold digger, and No-rae in her very No-rae-like manner said it doesn't matter. Love... Enah was caught off guard by that (straight-faced honesty). She sorta tried to reconcile it by explaining to herself she (No-rae) is a child (a.k.a. naive), but doesn't totally buy that herself and proceeds to share much more of her life. She has a respect and a special attachment (nostalgic) to No-rae. I think she's intrigued by her. "I just think it's interesting that a kid like you still exists today."

Seol-a doesn't know that when they meet in the bathroom.

I loved "Still, go join the others. Because No-rae's there as well." followed up by "No-rae's eating spicy rice cakes. I bought them because she said she wanted some." She's not-so-subtly dropping the "I did something to make No-rae happy" and continues to push on the wound to Seol-a's pride.

Enah very quickly ticks her off to the point where Seol-a's going to stay there and listen to her (albeit not really hearing everything she's saying).

"I was a bit suspicious." <-- Totally drawing her in.

...more upsetting her by talking about No-rae...

and then a total tone and pace change: "But keep this in mind, will you?". And then cuts her off with "That's how it is. Forget it if you don't understand." so that she totally has to thinkg about it.

...and she does: "Just what the hell does she know anyways...?" <-- confirmation that Enah's words hit

Enah is very independent and stubborn (which she shared in her conversation with No-rae). You can think it mean but maybe it's just the most effective way she though of for dealing with "herself" being stuck in this particular situation. Not premeditated but an opportunity that she took advantage of an navigated with a quick with and good instincts. Somewhat crude but effective.

halmoni Uploader
Jjjtjtjtjy
joined Jan 6, 2015

Thanks Halmoni!

I don't understand what really mean Ina, I don't understand the meaning of << "totally not a pushover" No-rae~>>

Very literally in Korean, the conversation went something like "Don't think of her as being easy" and "blah blah blah 'totally not easy' No-rae". In this context, being "easy" means like it's easy for other people to influence you/control you, so you're an "easy" target. Being seen as easy can also imply that the person is looking down on you or like underestimating you. idk maybe I'll change it in the final version

Seolaposescolor2
joined Nov 9, 2014

So this would be the second person giving her love advice and it will probably take a while for it to sink in for Seol-A as it did last time. Before I was swayed to think maybe she was telling Seol-A to confess, but I think this is a way for Seol-A to reflect on the type of person she is and the type of person No-Rae is. This is a round about way of Enah saying okay, so this is information I've given you, I can tell we have similar personality traits, this is what I think is going on, and remember only more pain will come from things as they are now. Will Seol-A decide to confess now that she knows No-Rae likes someone? I would be inclined to think she would in around about way ask No-Rae if she likes someone or ask No-Raes best friend and then decide.

What we have:

1.) Seol-A loves No-Rae
5) Seol-A knows No-Rae likes someone

Seol-A doesnt know No-Rae likes someone though. Or well, I dont remember that part, when was it?

AH, I think I made that up. lol. Well, that's what I get posting something so early in the morning from like almost no sleep the night before. I'll own up to it. Sorry. ( That came from guessing what Enah was saying before we knew what she actually said.) I'll go back and edit the previous post. Thanks for catching that!

joined Jan 31, 2015

Replying to a slightly older post...

(Been away for a bit...)

h3x (on page 193):

Alex Edit
source: http://blog.naver.com/ssambasoul/220584283934

Please note that this is NOT the picture in its original size. There is a higher quality, slightly larger version of this picture.

This one is 743x966 and 75897 bytes and is in fact the slightly resized version of the original image.

The original image is 800x1041 and 276470 bytes.

The original image can be found in ssamba's blog post.

http://blog.naver.com/ssambasoul/220584283934

Click the "└ 접기" link to show the image.
This image is the smaller resized image.
Now, click on the image itself.
It will open a "Naver Photo Viewer" lightbox, and the original full size image will be displayed.
Right-click and choose "Open image in new tab" if you want to open the image in its original URL.

The URL of the image file itself:
http://blogfiles.naver.net/20151231_32/ssambasoul_1451569501361lWgdM_JPEG/%A4%BB.jpg
(If you try to click the link right above, it will not work, as you cannot open the image from an external site.)

Rehosted:
http://s30.postimg.org/93uci3ajl/ssambasoul_220584283934.jpg

last edited at Jan 5, 2016 12:00AM

joined Jan 31, 2015

Original blog post by ssamba:

새해 복 많이 받으세요!

2015년도 이제 진짜 얼마 남지 않았네요.
올 한 해 설레는 기분을 사랑해주신 분들 정말 감사드립니다.
한 화, 한 화 이야기를 풀어나가며 내공부족을 여실히 느끼는 순간에도
언제나 여러분들을 생각하며 힘을 얻곤 합니다.
한해동안 정말 기쁜 일도 많았고 힘든 일도 있었지만,
좋은 분들을 뵙고 같이 얘기나누고 했던 시간이 기억에 많이 남네요. ^^
내년에도 열심히 연재할 수 있도록 노력하겠습니다!
여러분
새해 복 많이 받으세요!

[image; see in the translation below]

그냥 글만 올리기가 쓸쓸해서 그림도 한 점 올려봐요ㅋ
여름에 아끼지마 한참 들을 때 그렸던 거네요.
치마 속 보일라 라는 가사에 꽂혀가지고 뭔가 막 발칙한 게 그리고 싶었었는데...흠...;;
아무튼! 잘가라 2015년!

Source:
http://blog.naver.com/ssambasoul_220584283934

Translation by taeyeonlikesgirls (with a few minor edits by me):

HAPPY NEW YEAR!

There's not much left of 2015 now.
I thank all of the readers who loved FF this year.
While I continue the story through each chapter, I feel that I'm inexperienced but nevertheless I regain my energy by thinking about you all.
In this year, there have been times when it was joyful and there have been times when there were hardships, but I remember more of all the conversations I've had with amazing people. ^^
I will try hard and continue FF through next year!
Everybody, Happy New Year!

It would've been boring if I just posted that text so here, I am uploading a drawing lol
I was drawing this in the summer while listening to Don't Be Shy often. (t/n: omg she's such a fan of choa)
I was hooked on the lyrics where it says "I might see up your skirt" so I wanted to draw something more cheeky but... hmm... ;;
Anyways! Goodbye 2015!

Source:
http://taeyeonlikesgirls.tumblr.com/post/136466278714/hey-what-does-ssambas-new-year-blog-post-say-and

BTW, this is the song by Choa that ssamba was referring to:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=isKvPWMrzCo

last edited at Jan 5, 2016 1:03AM

Untitled-1
joined Aug 29, 2013

aaaakrn from Tumblr made a summary video of FF chapter 1 to 57. It's hella cute and nostalgic. You all should check it out:
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=CJ8m3XLvcIQ

last edited at Jan 5, 2016 12:36AM

Tumblr_nt8411tibj1trx9pno1_r1_1280
joined Apr 7, 2013

What we have:

1.) Seol-A loves No-Rae

Maybe I'm being overly optimistic but, I think the opposite and that a confession might not be far off. XP Unless ssamba throws in another character to postpone things, I don't see much standing in their way now that they've both laid their past to rest and understand the nature of their feelings.

But, that could just be my hopeful shipping heart talking...

joined Jan 31, 2015

ieeheh:

aaaakrn from Tumblr made a summary video of FF chapter 1 to 57. It's hella cute and nostalgic. You all should check it out:
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=CJ8m3XLvcIQ

Nice find!

It really shows that they've been through so much together; we might start to forget over time given it's been over a year since the beginning of the story.

Here's another video!

A short fan video by HinamoriMomo240 / Marina Lopes:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=2MZ4-44UMYw
(Warning: Volume.)

See this post for some screenshots:
http://dynasty-scans.com/forum/topics/7260-fluttering-feelings-art?page=13#forum_post_151621

Seolaposescolor2
joined Nov 9, 2014

What we have:

1.) Seol-A loves No-Rae

Maybe I'm being overly optimistic but, I think the opposite and that a confession might not be far off. XP Unless ssamba throws in another character to postpone things, I don't see much standing in their way now that they've both laid their past to rest and understand the nature of their feelings.

But, that could just be my hopeful shipping heart talking...

Well I'm rooting for you to be right!!! Let me be wrong!! I keep thinking okay we have x amount of chapters left so hopelly we have x amount of time that we see them as a couple.

::prays to yuri gods::

Tumblr_nt8411tibj1trx9pno1_r1_1280
joined Apr 7, 2013

Well I'm rooting for you to be right!!! Let me be wrong!! I keep thinking okay we have x amount of chapters left so hopelly we have x amount of time that we see them as a couple.

::prays to yuri gods::

I know, I really want to see them as a couple. >< I'd be disappointed if the confession came near the very end. I want a good amount of chapters showing all of their fluffy interactions post-confession, as well as how their family and friends will react. Since ssamba's storytelling hasn't gone wrong so far, I'm holding onto hope. haha.

mikasamikasa77
Norae
joined Oct 16, 2014

Thanks Halmoni!

Very literally in Korean, the conversation went something like "Don't think of her as being easy" and "blah blah blah 'totally not easy' No-rae". In this context, being "easy" means like it's easy for other people to influence you/control you, so you're an "easy" target. Being seen as easy can also imply that the person is looking down on you or like underestimating you. idk maybe I'll change it in the final version

Ok! Thanks...

C__data_users_defapps_appdata_internetexplorer_temp_saved%20images_lavender_town_screenshot
joined Dec 9, 2014

There're also the instances in chapters prior to this where she's commented on how No-rae reminds her of her significant other. Enah has talked about not how great her partner is but how good is for her. He balances her. I think Enah has seen not just parallels between herself and Seol-a and her partner and No-rae but also possible parallels in their relationship and/or how they balance each other, personality wise.

This really sold me on Enah and made me feel better about this arc. She's the most fleshed out side character since Jihwan. I don't have any bad feeling to him being part of the not-love-triangle, but I did find him to be a part of the "too good to be true" club--perfect prince cliché. Enah is imperfect and more realistic to me. I actually kind of want to know more of her story--her and her partner--but I don't want the change in No-rae and Seol-a's relationship status delayed further. Maybe a special chapter or something released after Fluttering Feelings is over. heh

I think this is the most possible of reasons behind Enah's actions. What I find refreshing about FF is that the "antagonists" are not the classic bad guys-villains. They (usually) turn out to be uplifting instead of creating chaos/drama. It makes me think Ssamba is a very nice person irl too haha.
If this turns out to be right (which is very possible) Enah's character will be one of the most complex and interesting ones so far.

It reminds me of how Seol-A was perceived by other people who didn't know her(as mean and stuck up), just like Enah.

joined Jan 31, 2015

As reported by Alextasha in the "Fluttering Feelings ART" thread...

Alextasha:

Fluttering Feelings is now available in Thai

and funny thing :D compare this two arts:

summer outfits (and No-Rae's shorter hair)! :D

And you might recall that a short while ago, FF also started being released on Comico Taiwan:
http://dynasty-scans.com/forum/posts/127878

This means that Fluttering Feelings is now available in 4 languages!

last edited at Jan 9, 2016 11:39PM

joined Apr 5, 2015

New chap's out

http://comico.toast.com/titles/85/chapters/63

My heart in the last few frames omg

Port
joined Jan 23, 2015

A very ancient trope but i'll be damned if it's not effective
I mean OH MY GOD

last edited at Jan 10, 2016 9:21AM

Seolaposescolor2
joined Nov 9, 2014

This!!!!! Ahhhhh! I can't I can't... how can it get better??? ::passes out:::

joined Apr 5, 2015

IT CAN GET BETTER IF THEY GODDAMN KISSSSSSS but still passes out

Jpegnagasawa
joined Feb 19, 2014

ena has her own personal norae? haha.

romantic_reader
joined Jul 30, 2015

NicLarkin:

Agree. Future Seol-a (Enah) and future No-rae. Time Travel again? lol

last edited at Jan 10, 2016 9:38AM

Seolaposescolor2
joined Nov 9, 2014

I was looking at them and I was thinking omg older them. (Seol-A and , No-Rae from the future)

Where did they hide the time machine??

C__data_users_defapps_appdata_internetexplorer_temp_saved%20images_lavender_town_screenshot
joined Dec 9, 2014

Ok I may be really wrong, but if it is available in japanese, does that mean that there might be a very small chance of getting an anime?

Alextasha Uploader
Crystal3
Three Musqueerteers
joined Sep 25, 2013

Ok I may be really wrong, but if it is available in japanese, does that mean that there might be a very small chance of getting an anime?

I don't think so ^^"

To reply you must either login or sign up.