Forum › Fluttering Feelings [SPOILER THREAD]

joined Jan 31, 2015

IT'S OVER N-- FIVE THOUSAND

Untitled-1
joined Aug 29, 2013

It'd be truly a blessing for anyone who find out about this story when it's already finished. Gosh... The frustration to follow this story weekly is killing me.

I love Seola so much it hurts to see she's hurt ;(

last edited at Jan 18, 2016 2:17AM

Emhyr var Emreis
joined Dec 7, 2015

It'd be truly a blessing for anyone who find out about this story when it's already finished. Gosh... The frustration to follow this story weekly is killing me.

Nah, not necessarily. It all depends on your prospective about soap operas. I know my mum is frustrated because she has very ambiguous feelings about them. The Bold & The Beautiful series attracts lots of people !

joined Jan 18, 2016

Hey guys! I've been following FF since chapter 26 and lurking on this thread for just about as long and I just want to say UGH THAT ENDING. Poor Seol-a. T_T Ssamba is really damn good with micro-expressions.

Seolaposescolor2
joined Nov 9, 2014

Nah, not necessarily. It all depends on your prospective about soap operas. I know my mum is frustrated because she has very ambiguous feelings about them. The Bold & The Beautiful series attracts lots of people !

Yeah, it's a fun ride to have the weekly updates. I dont think you'd miss out on the story but waiting for updates is part of the appreciation process.

Just think of the possibilities if this would turn into a yuri drama on TV. It would be great!

Wooper
joined Oct 25, 2015

@halmoni

http://pastebin.com/uFSjBF1M

@thatanon

http://imgur.com/a/P0ASK

da reel typeset, no kidding :))

Thank you both for the quick turn around.

I na dropped a little bit of happiness into this chappie: "I reserved one room for you guys. That's what you two would have preferred, right?" :)

I forgot how much I enjoyed the domesticity of this chapter. The end was a real mind wipe. :?

Okay, now I get why someone mentioned his discharge. We have to be getting an actual close on that chapter of No-rae's life. He's "available" now, so No-rae's gonna have to be clear with him that "The END" already came and went. ;p

Port
joined Jan 23, 2015

OOT, but just feel like sharing hehe

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=6DcghQ_kCH8

the music (or at least the title) suits ff soo much, i think, lolol

Utena%20rose%20white%20200x200
joined Mar 28, 2014

my expectations of the next chapter
* No-rae begins to worry where Seol-a is
* No-rae says Sung-pyo she loves a different person
* Sung-pyo realises who No-rae has fallen for
* No-rae finds Seol-a drunk and sleeping in the room, so nothing happens the first night
* Next morning Seol-a overdoes the snowboarding as foreshadowed in this chapter
* Seol-a gets to a hospital with a broken arm or something like that - 2nd night takes place in the hospital
* Both hug in the morning and kiss, realising they can't risk hiding it any further

lol, just love the way Ssamba draws Ina and Seol-a so differently despite them being lookalike.
also love that Ina realised what the two feel for each other - I wonder if she tells Seol-a's brother.

this whole ski resort made me remember my favourite snow drama scenes from Hana yori dango and Toradora. God, something similar to the former would be bliss

Oh and happy new year everyone, I have been away for a while, but I could never skip a chapter of FF! It's gradually becoming my most favourite comic.

last edited at Jan 18, 2016 11:13AM

Alextasha Uploader
Crystal3
Three Musqueerteers
joined Sep 25, 2013

my expectations of the next chapter
* No-rae begins to worry where Seol-a is
* No-rae says Sung-pyo she loves a different person
* Sung-pyo realises who No-rae has fallen for
* No-rae finds Seol-a drunk and sleeping in the room, so nothing happens the first night
* Next morning Seol-a overdoes the snowboarding as foreshadowed in this chapter
* Seol-a gets to a hospital with a broken arm or something like that - 2nd night takes place in the hospital
* Both hug in the morning and kiss, realising they can't risk hiding it any further

I like the way you're thinking :3

Natsuki
joined Feb 5, 2015

I guess it was too soon to hope for something good to happen. However since the trip is not over yet, we still have hope people!
Maybe No-rae will go looking for Seol-A and find her asleep in their room, or getting herself drunk with their colleagues. And on the next day, I agree with takachi about Seol-A overdoing snowboarding and injuring herself.

Untitled-1
joined Aug 29, 2013

After a good night sleep, now I feel like I cant wait for more angst next chapter lol. I'd like to see Norae getting worried for the acting-weird Seola.

Optimized-tonari_no_robot
joined Aug 24, 2015

this ex boyfriend, saving-us-from-any-development deus ex machina trend is getting really tiring...

Yuu
joined Mar 28, 2015

this ex boyfriend, saving-us-from-any-development deus ex machina trend is getting really tiring...

What?

You're too negative! (」゜ロ゜)」

Untitled-1
joined Aug 29, 2013

What?

Nya-chan, you've just found your like-minded soulmate, you should publicly support transbikes instead. What a tease

On a side note, look what I've found:
Seola's staring at Norae haha

Seol-a has always been so intense. Love it.
(There should be more panels of Seola's staring if I remember correctly. I should start a collection of Seola. I'm that kinda fan)

last edited at Jan 18, 2016 1:45PM

Untitled-1
joined Aug 29, 2013

thatanon:

OOT, but just feel like sharing hehe

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=6DcghQ_kCH8

the music (or at least the title) suits ff soo much, i think, lolol

hahah I like the song! Thanks for sharing

Hey thatanon, your profile picture reminded me of 2 similar scenes between WDTFS and FF:
- elevator scene (WDTFS) and subway scene (FF): both short girls was so captivated by the long and sexy neck of the tall girls hahaha
- ferris wheel scene

Maybe you could put them side by side too? lol

confused1203

Yeah, it's a fun ride to have the weekly updates. I dont think you'd miss out on the story but waiting for updates is part of the appreciation process.

Just think of the possibilities if this would turn into a yuri drama on TV. It would be great!

I'd have a heart attack if there'd ever be an announcement on FF drama releasing. Too good to be true ;(

last edited at Jan 18, 2016 2:05PM

Thiaguinho-sama
Homu%20avatar
joined May 11, 2012

halmoni posted:

I was a little surprised to be honest, because the art in this looks different from FF. And the characters also look different too, it made me think why Ssamba didn't use this for FF too. Also the backgrounds are different and well drawn too. Maybe she has more time to draw this one while FF has to be done in one week

It's called "The Best Combi" (short for combination), and it was some detective mystery manhwa if I remember correctly. After Ssamba decided to discontinue it for whatever reason, it was rehashed into FF. So that's why the two main characters look just like No-rae and Seol-a (and hence No-rae got her hair cut into a bob like character she was based on). I think Ji-hwan was in the original story too.

The style probably looks different because the original was a more serious drama, while FF is a romantic comedy/slice of life.

I see, shame she discontinued it, but did Ssamba at least gave a rushed ending or she just stopped in the midddle of the story? Cause it would not even be worth translating if it don't have some kind of ending, and thanks MacySan and halmoni.

ieeheh posted:

What?

Nya-chan, you've just found your like-minded soulmate, you should publicly support transbikes instead. What a tease

Okay now don't be like that, if this was any other serie people would have whined and complained a lot about how when ex-bf with perfect timing interrupted the confession and again now that he is in the same ski resort are forced drama, but because it's FF everyone acts as if it's perfect and without any problems or cliches, seriously guys, someone makes a criticism and what some of you do? Mock the person? Some pages ago some pretty much offended and acted agressive towards Nya-chan because she have a different opinion, this is starting to become fandumb, you guys are making me think of Narutards and Bleachtards, acting as if FF is the best thing ever made and anyone who don't agree is an idiot who doesn't know anything, I like FF as much as all of you do, but it's not perfect and definitely not above criticism, so chill out guys, cause it's really embarassing how some of you are acting against some people, mainly Nya-chan now because the rest even gave up after some time because of how some of you react to criticism.

last edited at Jan 18, 2016 2:36PM

Rosmontis
Nevrilicious Scans
joined Jun 5, 2015

ieeheh posted:

What?

The truth hurts so much

C__data_users_defapps_appdata_internetexplorer_temp_saved%20images_lavender_town_screenshot
joined Dec 9, 2014

Okay now don't be like that, if this was any other serie people would have whined and complained a lot about how when ex-bf with perfect timing interrupted the confession and again now that he is in the same ski resort are forced drama, but because it's FF everyone acts as if it's perfect and without any problems or cliches, seriously guys, someone makes a criticism and what some of you do? Mock the person? Some pages ago some pretty much offended and acted agressive towards Nya-chan because she have a different opinion, this is starting to become fandumb, you guys are making me think of Narutards and Bleachtards, acting as if FF is the best thing ever made and anyone who don't agree is an idiot who doesn't know anything, I like FF as much as all of you do, but it's not perfect and definitely not above criticism, so chill out guys, cause it's really embarassing how some of you are acting against some people, mainly Nya-chan now because the rest even gave up after some time because of how some of you react to criticism.

I agree that FF is not perfect and the bf showing up again now might be cliche, yes. Maybe Ssamba has a purpose for this and we'll see it in the next chapters, maybe she's not and people are right. Nothing is perfect anyway, and FF has its flaws too.
Also I don't see why get affected on a personal level from a series. Remember guys, we read this for fun, not to torture ourselves. If someone feels like that and the story gets under their skin I think it would be better to take a break.
But there are two ways to critisise a story, one with drama and another without.

joined Apr 25, 2015

Since they are there for 3 days and 2 nights, I never expected anything big to happen until last night, before they go back. So for several chapters, there isn't much to look forward to if their cozy moments is what you are after.

Untitled-1
joined Aug 29, 2013

Thiaguinho-sama

ieeheh posted:

What?

Lol sorry I created misunderstanding there. I was teasing Nya-chan to speak her mind instead of teasing everyone here instead. Because clearly she was, and she started it first. No mocking. Just teasing ;)

But sorry i'll just get serious one last time (because you just made it sound so serious again):

I never joined in with the sentiment that FF was without the cliché. I even admitted I loved and needed the cliche because i want to see Seolrae to go through all that cliche that I could only read in other het shoujo mangas. I just thought people who criticized took it too seriously for a slice of life shoujo manhwa. Ssamba clearly didnt want to write a masterpiece of literature. I myself think she just wanted to focus on portraying the feelings and reactions of two girls who fall in love with each other in a society that is used to het romance. She let us experience their feelings by throwing at them all these circumstances in a single 100-chapter story updated weekly, just like K-dramas which dominates the culture she's living in (well hello she's Korean). Like someone in another board said, their intention is to give us an emotional roller coaster ride. It's clearly that everyone is having one hell of a ride. She wasn't avoiding the cliches to be a masterpiece. So criticize all you want.

Nya-chan's intention has been to go against everyone who enjoys FF and rub them off. Thats all

I love FF for what it is, for pleasure reading, not academic reading. Ssamba is not the best writer, but a good artist and a sensitive human being who believes humans are fundamentally good. Some set out to be great and failed because they just seem phony and trying to hard. Ssamba set out just to draw something she likes with low expectation for popularity herself but gained tremendous support because of her genuine and relatable characters.

If everyone has forgotten, I'll paste again a part of her

Q&A special chapter

Ssamba: Hello everyone! This is Ssamba.
How should I start..
In any case, shall we start with the Q & A?

1. Is this manhwa lesbian? Yuri? GL? (t/n: lmao everyone's favorite question)
Ssamba: I wonder~ If you stick around until the end, wouldn't you be able to find out~? lol
that's a joke
I wanted to clarify this because it's something that people have asked so often.
Lesbian, yuri, GL, queer, they're all correct. (t/n: shame on y'all who ever doubted ssamba)
Please just call it whatever you'd like.
To be honest, those genres aren't very meaningful to me, or to the manhwa called Fluttering Feelings.
Fluttering Feelings is simply a pure-hearted manhwa. [ieeheh: I'd like to emphasize and make this part bigger but I'm afraid of Nez-chan xD]
I understand why some might be confused.

People could get bored wondering where's the focus of the story, or people could find that this manhwa isn't to their taste.

A yuri manhwa doesn't necessarily have to scream YU! RI!! to be one;
If you follow along slowly, you will fully understand what kind of story this manhwa's trying to tell. ^^
(If you don't care, I can't help you there...)

2. Hurry up with the pacing!

Ssamba: You must really want to see the ending that badly...
Even though there's so much of the story left........TT
If I had decided to draw some rapidly progressing relationship
Then there wouldn't have been any reason for Fluttering Feelings to be created in the first place;;

Ssamba: I would probably be continuously drawing stuff I've drawn before, being disgustingly bored... (I will never get popular lol)

last edited at Jan 18, 2016 5:08PM

Rosmontis
Nevrilicious Scans
joined Jun 5, 2015

ieeheh posted:

Thiaguinho-sama

ieeheh posted:

What?

Lol sorry I created misunderstanding there. I was teasing Nya-chan to speak her mind instead of teasing everyone here instead. Because clearly she was, and she started it first. No mocking. Just teasing ;)

To be honest, I can't blame Nya-chan for not feeling like saying much since last time she got ganked by everyone and forced out of thread. Her making fun of how you treated her when she wrote similar thing was imo funny though ;P

I have to applaud you ieeheh, because I didn't expect your respond to be so mature. Still I'm pretty sure the part of Nya-chan trolling you all is at least half true ;P

last edited at Jan 18, 2016 5:20PM

Thiaguinho-sama
Homu%20avatar
joined May 11, 2012

ieeheh posted:

But sorry i'll just get serious one last time (because you just made it sound so serious again):

I never joined in with the sentiment that FF was without the cliché. I even admitted I loved and needed the cliche because i want to see Seolrae to go through all that cliche that I could only read in other het shoujo mangas. I just thought people who criticized took it too seriously for a slice of life shoujo manhwa. Ssamba clearly didnt want to write a masterpiece of literature. I myself think she just wanted to focus on portraying the feelings and reactions of two girls who fall in love with each other in a society that is used to het romance. She let us experience their feelings by throwing at them all these circumstances in a single 100-chapter story updated weekly, just like K-dramas which dominates the culture she's living in (well hello she's Korean). Like someone in another board said, their intention is to give us an emotional roller coaster ride. It's clearly that everyone is having one hell of a ride. She wasn't avoiding the cliches to be a masterpiece. So criticize all you want.

Nya-chan's intention has been to go against everyone who enjoys FF and rub them off. Thats all

I love FF for what it is, for pleasure reading, not academic reading. Ssamba is not the best writer, but a good artist and a sensitive human being who believes humans are fundamentally good. Some set out to be great and failed because they just seem phony and trying to hard. Ssamba set out just to draw something she likes with low expectation for popularity herself but gained tremendous support because of her genuine and relatable characters.

The problem is that in the beginning I remember seeing some people criticizing it, but some started to take it as personal attack and act agressive against them to the point pretty much everyone stopped, I do agree that some of those posts with criticism could have been worded better, but Nya-chan never made her posts to go against everyone who enjoys FF and rub them off, in no moment I felt she made them to offend others or that she was trying to rub anything on them, for me it's quite the opposite as I agree with what she said and that doesn't take any of my enjoyiment, but some definitely acted as if it was a personal attack because they see FF as an absolute masterpiece that no one can question or criticize, saying that it was her intention is just a way to put all the blame on her, so what, you're saying she should have never made any criticism because of how some would react? It's because of that I'm saying this is becoming fandumb, because instead of trying to discuss the criticism, some outright disrergad it as bullshit and mock the person, when a discussion finally started some time ago, I believe it was in page 159, it eventually got out of control because of some taking what Nya-chan said as a personal attack and became agressive towards her, Nezchan had to put a stop to it.

Nevri posted:

To be honest, I can't blame Nya-chan for not feeling like saying much since last time she got ganked by everyone and forced out of thread. Her making fun of how you treated her when she wrote similar thing was imo funny though ;P

I have to applaud you ieeheh, because I didn't expect your respond to be so mature. Still I'm pretty sure the part of Nya-chan trolling you all is at least half true ;P

Nevri basically explained why she doesn't speak her mind, one way or other people will disregard her opinions as bullshit, either because they will mock her or by ganging up agaisnt her, because of course if she doesn't think like "everyone" she can only be wrong, so why should she make a serious post if people will act like fandumbs?

Thiaguinho-sama
Homu%20avatar
joined May 11, 2012

MacySan posted:

I agree that FF is not perfect and the bf showing up again now might be cliche, yes. Maybe Ssamba has a purpose for this and we'll see it in the next chapters, maybe she's not and people are right. Nothing is perfect anyway, and FF has its flaws too.
Also I don't see why get affected on a personal level from a series. Remember guys, we read this for fun, not to torture ourselves. If someone feels like that and the story gets under their skin I think it would be better to take a break.
But there are two ways to critisise a story, one with drama and another without.

I also don't get why some was getting so affected by it on a personal level, while I do agree that people should try to criticize in a good way, be careful on how they write their post, that's no excuse to how some people reacted to criticism as if it was a personal attack.

last edited at Jan 18, 2016 5:30PM

No2
joined Jan 18, 2016

Let it go...

Untitled-1
joined Aug 29, 2013

Ok if I misunderstood Nya-chan, I'd apologize.

For now I'll go collect Seol-a's screenshots at work instead of continue this unnecessary discussion about how bad my favorite manhwa is.

To reply you must either login or sign up.