Forum › Posts by winterbear

joined Apr 3, 2013

Oh my god why did I find out about this manga in it's unfinished state. I'm just going to unofficially die a bit in waiting.
Thank you so much for halmoni's translations (so much easier than me trying to bludgeon my way through with elementary Korean on the comico website) and all the contributors who made the translations possible with the typesetting and everything.

Definitely a new favourite. I am probably just going to repour myself over a few chapters (or the whole series) over and over again (because once I found the imgur site I got too excited and just rushed through the last.. 20 or so chapters?) Time to savour it again!

._. Ah man I'm such a nerd for these two.

PS. I'm a little confused about the President's warning for Seol-a, that if she pours more of herself out in an uncertain relationship she'll be sure to suffer? Is she trying to encourage them to get together already? Or...???

winterbear
joined Apr 3, 2013

Holy Crap I love this story. Remember I read the beginning way back when and it just has been a great ride.
Can't wait for the next chapter!

winterbear
joined Apr 3, 2013

My kokoro brokoro

Spot on. Loved this.
I didn't know when I was 5, but I still relate. I think anyone who is queer can relate. ...Or most anyway.

winterbear
Citrus discussion 16 Aug 13:08
joined Apr 3, 2013

This is one of those mangas I love, but where I hate a character I like.
I just hate how passive Mei is in the most ridiculus scenarios. It is so easy to win this for her, yet she does nothing. She could beat up Matsuri, take the phone and go to Yuzu with it to tell her that Matsuri tricked her into kissing her. If she just told her about the blackmail and right afterwards confesses her feelings, Yuzu probably be too happy to not belive her.

She could still save this by going to the date with Yuzu as a backup. I mean, ANY sensible human being would outraged at Matsuri for blackmailing Mei and more so for sending her on a forced date with some male/female creep. Even someone as retarded as Yuzu should be able to see that Matsuri is evil then.

She can only win this, but I'm afraid Mei has fallen victim to the Reputation-Syndrom, where an author tries to justify the sudden retardation of a smart character by acting as if wanting to safe your Reputation would suddenly make your brain incapable of coming up with a smart escape from the situation. OMG my reputation is at risk, obviously there is no other way to escape this situation than to do exactly what the blackmailer wants me to do!!

I just noticed how often this is used even in Western TV when I saw crime show today where one of the main characters pointed out how ridiculus those persons where being, as if the show was written by two authors and the second one made fun of the first one for using that stupid trope.

^This, pretty much.
I mean, I don't even understand what the big deal about the photo is.
Unless Mei is a person where she'd rather have sex with a stranger for pay than to... idk, stand up for herself? Or even, worst case scenario, get misunderstood by Yuzu, like what-

That was so stupid.

winterbear
Citrus discussion 12 Apr 14:06
joined Apr 3, 2013

For all of you guys claiming how generic, boring and bad this manga is you surely like to keep talking about it.

The more you dislike something the more entertaining it is to riff on it ;)

Pretty much.
And I like this series, no matter what. I look forward to the chapters, without feeling too addicted.

And I don't care. I'm just happy that Yuzu is finally getting some action. I like Mei (my type of heart-throb) but Yuzu is as cute and human as a... idk. About time she got shown some appreciation... even if it is by a bored, sociopathic (or psychopathic?) child.

Also, I love Harumin's unamused expression. And Mei's. Yuzu-bb needs her clear-minded protectors at some point from the new Matsuri child. We all know. :)

Also. Some perfect Mei expressions in this chapter. The tucking her hair panel made my heart throb. I also appreciated the blushing ear. We clearly know who the author's favourite is?

winterbear
joined Apr 3, 2013

That confession was so cute ! Gosh, Shouya is SO thick.
To me, this manga is getting better and better since they met Sahara again ! I'd love to see it licensed here in Europe one day.

I wonder if he's really thick or for him the thought of Nishimiya loving him is impossible.

Probably a bit of both, actually. I didn't think of it that way but it makes sense. Maybe they'll bring this issue up later when Shouya starts to question Nishimiya's feelings for him, since he always tortures himself wondering if he is worthy of being his friend, being happy etc. after all the bullying he did.

But ugh that cliffhanger. Now that's a character I didn't want to see again.
I've never properly thanked the scanlation team though, so here, thank you guys for letting us read this manga, you're doing impeccable work as always.

This so much. I mean I love Shouko and Shouya is pretty much too relentless with himself sadness has my sympathy. I saw them as a couple eventually but I also thought the confession came a little out of nowhere. Maybe because we're mostly seeing this from Shouya's perspective?
Anyway, looking forward to the next chapter. :D

winterbear
joined Apr 3, 2013

What.... what is going on?!
Why is Shouko so freaking cute. Gawd ;alsdkfjas;ldkfj. EVERY FREAKING TIME. I just want to glomp her into the biggest, cuddliest hug in history. And Shouya is... cute too. I wish he would forgive himself and get to know Shouko too. But I guess that process is what I'm looking forward to the most.
I usually try not to hate antagonists, but this Ueno girl... Man. It's hard. Just because your crush doesn't like you doesn't mean you can be a bitch to someone else. Grow up.

EDIT: IT WAS A CONFESSION?! I THOUGHT IT MIGHT HAVE BEEN...! But then why did she nod when he was like "the moon?"?!?! THAT IS CONFUSING MAN. CONFUSING! And I was like: Okay, it's just my fangirling heart moving ahead of itself. Because... I mean, Shouya is cute and a good guy (learning on becoming one, and that, in my book, makes him a good one) but I just... didn't know that Shouko would have a crush on him.

...Or are we just all fangirling/fanboying way ahead of the plot for reals...?

last edited at Feb 15, 2014 11:10AM

winterbear
Citrus discussion 01 Feb 15:45
joined Apr 3, 2013

YES, THEY KISS (in mutual attraction) AT LAST.
Now if they can just frick frack because they're already on the b-- ... aaaaand I see A NEW CHALLENGER HAS APPEARED.
Oh well. I say, about damn time that Mei does some chasing after Yuzu (if that's what's going to happen. As likely as not that new girl might just be a threat to the pseudo-incest relationship in a non-romantic manner. Ugh.)
I just want to see Mei's backbone and individuality continue to grow. So much more attractive that way. (Super kudos if someone could write me a fan fiction or something where this happens.)

I basically agree with everyone that's like: this plot is lolwut but the art keeps me here.

Kudos to Yuriproject scanlators who does all these things for us.

And... I'm sort of happy that Citrus is being licensed, and I hope it makes money for Seven Seas so that they will continue to license Yuri stuff into English (I bought Girl Friends and no regrets here) but... unless the plot gets better, I'm sort of iffy that this is being licensed as one of the few yuri mangas out there. There are so much more sweeter, more cohesive plots out there...

Oh well. We shall see. Plenty of time before December hits.

winterbear
joined Apr 3, 2013

Lol, I am just imagining if the Yuri tag was a troll and the mangaka was a troll and it turns out Satoka is as straight as a stick, and dense to all the implied possible shoujo-ai moves. For. The. Rest. Of. The. Story.

...I'd still read it. :3 These characters are so cute.

winterbear
joined Apr 3, 2013

Maybe it's just me, but I can't read a yuri manga when a girl completely looks like a guy...

A lot of people seem to be picking on this comment. On one hand, I wanna go: Yay! Support everyone and their preferred way to express themselves physically or mentally. Be accepting, generally. (There's an interesting possible tangent about physical appearance and 'femininity' but... let's I won't go there.)

On the other hand, I also agree with (what I think is) the sentiment of the comment. I personally prefer girls that look like girls. Just a preference. And whatever preferences people have for themselves should be perfectly fine. Otherwise I agree with whoever said that it just feels like a 'guy' character being labelled as a girl. (There are adorable/effeminate guys too, in manga/anime and real life so...)

Someone also mentioned Kase-san... which is probably one of my favourite series. I think that Kase looks 'girly' enough for me though. Her ample breasts and length of hair is distinguishably feminine to me.

That being said, I'm really looking forward to the next chapter of this series (as it says "Ch01"). What interesting characters. One speaks formally and is interested in playing around with expectations, while the other one can -friggin swallowww- her surprise. Or reaction. Superhuman?

Quick thanks to the YP scanlators!

winterbear
Kase-san discussion 27 Jan 17:38
joined Apr 3, 2013

That candy kiss.
I actually did slumped into head-desk because it was so cute. Slain. Properly slain.
I freaking love this series.

joined Apr 3, 2013

I loved this. I generally don't read non-original works (because my anime/manga knowledge is so limited) but this one was set in AU I think? And was really easy to get.
Loved it.

winterbear
Lemonade discussion 24 Jan 06:19
joined Apr 3, 2013

A few short notes:
This comic seems cute and old schooled. I like it.
Thank you Yuri Project. The stuff they choose to scanlate is almost always awesome. And... I've never seen a non Yuri production from them, soooo....
The guy is sort of a jerk. No biggie. Maybe we'll see him from Maki's pov and he'll be much cuter or something.
That spitting distance is funny. I go on tumblr to ship non real lesbian pairings. Didn't know that meant I was the bane of anything... still fun. I live crack pairings so whatever pplz.

joined Apr 3, 2013

Excuse me while I just.... ffffffff....Ugh.

Well written story. I honestly prefer happy endings but this was well done.

winterbear
joined Apr 3, 2013

Yay an update! Obligatory thanks to the scanlators.

winterbear
joined Apr 3, 2013

Hiwa's smile!
Rare smiles from tsun characters always make me go a;kldjf;lakjdf;lag.
All the girls are adorable, as ever. :3

winterbear
joined Apr 3, 2013

Considering it was Miman, I totally thought this was going to be some tragic ending. Like, once the sempai graduates, she'll disappear (literally), or they just don't end up together.
Luckily, I was wrong :D

winterbear
joined Apr 3, 2013

Hell, I've known a couple personally. Usually I find what they want most is breast reduction surgery though, because it's no picnic carrying those around (backaches, chronic migraines, grooves cut in the shoulders from bra straps, etc.).

Also knowing an American F cup personally, who had to get a reduction due to back issues, the big breast tag usually makes me feel weird. As soon as the big boobs are revealed I'm like "Oh jeeze, that would hurt to have." Nice thing is, some insurance companies cover reductions completely.

Anyway.

I always enjoy this mangaka. Just generally quirky and slightly-unbelievable stuff, that make for great one-shots. And such cute art.

Ack! That sucks... yeah... I don't know what to say. But I hope your friend (and friends/acquaintances) are okay now.
But... yeah, all I really wanted to say was that I appreciated how the 'sort of ridiculously big natural boobs on a lithe, slim body' trope in certain (ahem, or a LOT of) mangas and animations/concept art for women was dealt with in this story (that is, with humour.) Particularly with NSFW stuff because big boobs generally look really weirdly drawn and drooping all over the place (idk, to me, I have no idea how really huge boobs look in real life, and I don't mean any offence to anyone if that's how they look like. Srsly.)
Anyway, I know that I should not really get so picky about body images of fictional characters in sexual fantasies of all things. But... sometimes I do it anyway. :/ Dahp.

... I JUST LIKED THIS ONE SHAWWT OKAYY.

winterbear
joined Apr 3, 2013

Story has potential.
But the "END" and not "To be Continued in ..." sort of makes me go like: is this some sort of weird 2 shot?
Anyway. I can end up loving this manga... probably because of my Morinaga Milk bias (when she draws the school girl angst, I can get the feels.)

winterbear
joined Apr 3, 2013

Wow, this was surprisingly good. I got sucked into this one by the Cover despite the tags. Generally with NSFW I end up feeling embarrassed and avoid the really explicit (and to me, pretty much wtf-ok-no) scenes. And I totally generally am so skeptical of the 'big breasts' tag. But with this one, I was just laughing. NATURAL F CUPS ARE NOT URBAN LEGENDS?! WHAT IS THIS SORCERY?!

Obviously, the correct thing to do when you meet such a divinity is to bounce their boobies.

Artwork was cute, characters were cute. :D I loved it.

winterbear
Candy discussion 16 Dec 05:31
joined Apr 3, 2013

I liked this series.
... Yup. Thanks scanlators and uploaders for their hard work as usual.

winterbear
joined Apr 3, 2013

@kingtiger

hehe, I love Nagatsuki too, best wingman ever. This chapter seemed to hint that he's kind of got his own problems with bullying or something. In addition to borrowing Shouya's bike and it getting stolen, the line about Nagatsuki telling another one of his lies, makes me think that he's probably an outcast/pushed out of the school "society" norm.

I think Nagatsuki had no idea Yuzuru was a girl.... just a thought. Ahaha. But that being said, I like him too. Shouya deserves a friend.

winterbear
joined Apr 3, 2013

Everytime I read the updates to this manga I always get a 'feel-good'. I love it for that reason, the journey of redemption. I mean, I hope there ends up being some romantic leanings... even though it might not be from the healthiest of basis... but that sort of would be some extra yay.
The story as it is, is lovely. <3 Yay for scanlators and uploaders~ Thanks!

winterbear
Citrus discussion 06 Dec 13:43
joined Apr 3, 2013

Wow, for the first time, -Yuzu was freaking awesome.- (I mean, I liked her for various reasons before: an earnest, loveable thing.) But this chapter... I definitely liked her a lot. Best out of all my previous impressions.

I love characters who just decide to stop (however painful it feels) and rolls with it. She stood up for Momokino, and took charge of her relationship with Mei. Apologizing as a sister in forcing to go when she's sick, taking care of her without (at least not primarily from) lewd intentions. I respected that.

It was nice to see Mei's dad (finally, geez.) I also really like him for going and figuring out his life, stop being a hardass.

The refusal to touch is something I can relate to. So the ending got my heart pounding.
As usual, too quick. The chapter is too quickly over... ahaha. In any case, thanks to the scanlators and uploaders. <3

last edited at Dec 6, 2013 1:44PM

winterbear
joined Apr 3, 2013

<3 Super cute. Like some other people mentioned, I thought they'd take another step because of the NSFW tag.
But I guess it IS still nsfw in its own way (nudity, hello)....

Anyway, super cute. Ehe.