Forum › Fluttering Feelings [SPOILER THREAD]

Easypart
joined May 28, 2014

ertewrwertfgs - http://pastebin.com/QhWjTh5C

Thanks!

Wooper
joined Oct 25, 2015

@halmoni My thanks to the most reliable Santa. ;)

No-rae
joined Mar 23, 2015

Thanks halmoni!!!

Wooper
joined Oct 25, 2015

Maybe Enah thinks that the person No-Rae likes is someone else and so she's taunting Seola.

Except unbeknownst to either, that person IS Seola?

That may be a possibility... but I just feel like she knows it's Seol-A. Enah seems really perceptive though.

We will just have to see.

I'm trying to think of a time when No-Rae showed that the person was Seol-a through No-Rae's own actions that Enah saw. I can think of multiple times Seol-a gave it away that she likes No-Rae, but not the reverse... maybe I missed something, but it's hard to be perceptive when there's nothing to pick up on? Regardless, Ssamba could write it that Enah picked it up with even the slightest hint so this doesn't mean much.

You do have a point! Seol-A is crazy obvious about it, but Enah hasn't been given hints by No-Rae who she likes. Omg you are a genius. My brain wasnt working before. That could totally be it!

Wow. I love this chapter.

Enah is totally right. I've been in Seol-a spot with respect to someone with a personality eerily reminiscent of No-rae's. Hopefully, Seol-a gets passed her ego does something to make this situation totally certain.

Enah has seen No-rae an Seol-a interact. I think there's been plenty to pick up on and it's not as if we're even seeing all of the interactions. They spend a lot of time together and talk about one another. Even if it's an assumption, why wouldn't Enah assume Seol-a? I'm only saying this because I don't think it's a total plot setup or something like that. This seems pretty normal to me and hopefully spurs Seol-a to say something soon. (Next chapter would be nice. ^. ^)

C__data_users_defapps_appdata_internetexplorer_temp_saved%20images_lavender_town_screenshot
joined Dec 9, 2014

Enah totally looks like she's trying to discourage Seol-A. Dark side is calling her lol.
Hope this doesn't mean her arc is placed there to delay a possible confession. Although that wouldn't be surprising, but tbh personally i don't mind so much either.

Port
joined Jan 23, 2015

Hmmm, so ina is saying that if seol-a doesn't want to suffer because of her own feelings she has to ascertain what her relationship is with no-rae, is that so? e.g. confession

Or is it as MacySan said that she's discouraging them?
Someone please clear this up lol

last edited at Jan 3, 2016 8:04PM

Ran-lossy
joined Mar 22, 2015

Seems like the arc is here to spur Seol-a to do SOMETHING, but the something in question may not be something we can easily foresee?

Hmmm, so ina is saying that if seol-a doesn't want to suffer because of her own feelings she has to ascertain what her relationship is with no-rae, is that so?

That could be it.

last edited at Jan 3, 2016 7:59PM

No-rae
joined Mar 23, 2015

Hmmm, so ina is saying that if seol-a doesn't want to suffer because of her own feelings she has to ascertain what her relationship is with no-rae, is that so? e.g. confession

Or is it as MacySan said that she's discouraging them?
Someone please clear this up lol

I don't think Ina would hinder them. She's in a happy relationship and a stable business. Most villians have back stories or reasons behind their "evilness" and I cannnot think of any from Ina, unless she's just pure evil. I don't get that vibe from her so I am more inclined to think that she'll somehow push our two MCs closer.

18%20-%20eternal%20flame
joined Jun 18, 2015

She doesn't like seol-a, and I defently get a bitch vibe from Ina. I think shes discororgeing her.

Natsuki
joined Feb 5, 2015

From what I understand, Ina is like trying to tell Seol-A to either go for it or to just back down, but don't stay in an uncertain relationship with No-Rae (I might be completely wrong though). I can't decide whether Ina is good or evil...

joined Aug 10, 2015

Maybe Enah thinks that the person No-Rae likes is someone else and so she's taunting Seola.

That may be a possibility... but I just feel like she knows it's Seol-A. Enah seems really perceptive though.

I'm trying to think of a time when No-Rae showed that the person was Seol-a through No-Rae's own actions that Enah saw. I can think of multiple times Seol-a gave it away that she likes No-Rae, but not the reverse... maybe I missed something, but it's hard to be perceptive when there's nothing to pick up on? Regardless, Ssamba could write it that Enah picked it up with even the slightest hint so this doesn't mean much.

You do have a point! Seol-A is crazy obvious about it, but Enah hasn't been given hints by No-Rae who she likes. Omg you are a genius. My brain wasnt working before. That could totally be it!

Enah is totally right. I've been in Seol-a spot with respect to someone with a personality eerily reminiscent of No-rae's. Hopefully, Seol-a gets passed her ego does something to make this situation totally certain.

Enah has seen No-rae an Seol-a interact. I think there's been plenty to pick up on and it's not as if we're even seeing all of the interactions. They spend a lot of time together and talk about one another. Even if it's an assumption, why wouldn't Enah assume Seol-a? I'm only saying this because I don't think it's a total plot setup or something like that. This seems pretty normal to me and hopefully spurs Seol-a to say something soon. (Next chapter would be nice. ^. ^)

It would be pretty weak that somehow thru plot magic Enah has ascertained how No-Rae feels about Soul-a. This is a slice of life and it becomes redundant very quickly to show every interaction they have. There has been nothing to suggest to Enah that No-Rae likes Soul-a.

I think it's been pretty much suggested throughout the story that No-Rae is someone who wears a mask and it's hard to figure her out (see Hee-Jin and Ji-Whan dropping them yuri nuggets for Soul-a). The only reason we know how No-Rae really feels is because we are given insight to her character and who she really is; other characters in the story don't have that. However, they are easily able to see how Soul-a feels toward No-Rae (she even admitted herself she is not good at hiding things) and often act as catalyst to move the story forward.

I actually love the dynamic between Soul-a and Enah because they are reflections of each other; sometimes when you meet with someone who is just like you it causes friction. Add in the fact that Soul-a is overprotective of No-Rae it makes it pretty easy for Enah to provoke her. im pretty positive that Enah is trying to get under Soul-a's skin and push her to be upfront about her feelings, which is also a reoccurring theme throughout the story.

Girl%20with%20a%20black%20cat%20avatar
joined Dec 27, 2015

At this point im not sure if what Enah said is going to end up slowing SeolA down as far as confessing, or make her go for it. I think the author is trying to put the proverbial fork in the road for SeolA and their relationship.

joined Aug 18, 2015

I actually love the dynamic between Soul-a and Enah because they are reflections of each other; sometimes when you meet with someone who is just like you it causes friction. Add in the fact that Soul-a is overprotective of No-Rae it makes it pretty easy for Enah to provoke her. im pretty positive that Enah is trying to get under Soul-a's skin and push her to be upfront about her feelings, which is also a reoccurring theme throughout the story.

I agree with u. I see Ena is the reflection of Seola from the beginning. They r both gorgeous, popular, come across (little) arrogant, & confident + "overflowing self-love." I think Ena is quite cool and a very interesting lady.

Wooper
joined Oct 25, 2015

It would be pretty weak that somehow thru plot magic Enah has ascertained how No-Rae feels about Soul-a. This is a slice of life and it becomes redundant very quickly to show every interaction they have. There has been nothing to suggest to Enah that No-Rae likes Soul-a.

I think it's been pretty much suggested throughout the story that No-Rae is someone who wears a mask and it's hard to figure her out (see Hee-Jin and Ji-Whan dropping them yuri nuggets for Soul-a). The only reason we know how No-Rae really feels is because we are given insight to her character and who she really is; other characters in the story don't have that. However, they are easily able to see how Soul-a feels toward No-Rae (she even admitted herself she is not good at hiding things) and often act as catalyst to move the story forward.

I'm not denying a lack of evidence or obviousness on No-rae's part, but I'm still arguing that it's not through plot magic. I said she may have assumed. I can't argue for her knowing. -I do wonder about cultural differences with respect to contact between people and closeness (I'm American.) For example, what about Seol-a with No-rae in her lap? She's seen them interact. She knew Seol-a was around the corner when No-rae popped her head in as they were leaving that one night. She quickly picked up on the "them". I have yet to see a confirmation that she knows, but I think there are things into which she can read, especially if biased.

There're also the instances in chapters prior to this where she's commented on how No-rae reminds her of her significant other. Enah has talked about not how great her partner is but how good is for her. He balances her. I think Enah has seen not just parallels between herself and Seol-a and her partner and No-rae but also possible parallels in their relationship and/or how they balance each other, personality wise.

My favorite part of this chapter was the interaction between Seol-a and Enah. Someone guessed teasing, but to me it was more serious and pointed that that. I found it a really refreshing dynamic. Enah was really direct and (I think tactfully) presumptuous. She confronted Seol-a, but was just indirect enough for Seol-a to have to connect the dots. Not mean spirited at all. I think it was more of a "I see a lot of me in this girl." and her taking an approach that might be more effective in getting through to her younger self. People are motivated in different ways.

Teasing or something would've been way more cliché and just not right to me. They aren't friends--Enah and Seol-a. I really do think Enah was speaking for Seol-a and maybe somewhat to her younger self. Enah knows the Seol-a is smitten, and she knows No-rae feels strongly for someone as well. I think that her speaking up makes sense even not knowing No-rae's feelings are directed toward Seol-a, and that's why I think her (not obvious to people who expect people trying to nice things to go about it "nicely") pep talk was really for Seol-a's sake. Either Seol-a is one of the lucky one's or she can potentially get to recovering from heartbreaks sooner.

It was a risk on her part. Enah has a good relationship with No-rae, and she knows that these two (Seol-a and No-rae) are close. And she's an adult. If this was really some random mean-spirited prodding, she's be risking damaging her relationship with No-rae and just...--That explanation just doesn't make sense to me. Enah has said many things that show her awareness of the similarities between herself--especially herself in her youth--and Seol-a. I've even thought that this sequence leaves room to believe that although No-rae has inspired nostalgia in her with respect to her lover that she naturally feels closest to Seol-a (and I don't necessarily mean the feeling's amicably). It's simply present and felt due to just how similar they are. She has an ego and seems to follow her intuition. Even the brief reference she made to Seol-a picking up on things quickly could be considered a back reference to herself when speaking of parallels between the two).

So I totally agree that Enah's trying to push Seol-a into action and that that's the main purpose of this arc. And that her taking part in this confrontation wasn't malevolent at all or super contrived. I think she had good reason to initiate that dialogue without being 100% certain that their feelings were mutual, but I think that there was enough for her to at least assume that was the case and biased enough (due to similarities) to hope for it. Ultimately, I don't think her knowing about mutual feelings was that important here. Her connection to Seol-a is/was, and I was very pleased with the execution.

This really sold me on Enah and made me feel better about this arc. She's the most fleshed out side character since Jihwan. I don't have any bad feeling to him being part of the not-love-triangle, but I did find him to be a part of the "too good to be true" club--perfect prince cliché. Enah is imperfect and more realistic to me. I actually kind of want to know more of her story--her and her partner--but I don't want the change in No-rae and Seol-a's relationship status delayed further. Maybe a special chapter or something released after Fluttering Feelings is over. heh

last edited at Jan 3, 2016 11:40PM

Ran-lossy
joined Mar 22, 2015

I'm not denying a lack of evidence or obviousness on No-rae's part, but I'm still arguing that it's not through plot magic. I said she may have assumed. I can't argue for her knowing. -I do wonder about cultural differences with respect to contact between people and closeness (I'm American.) For example, what about Seol-a with No-rae in her lap? She's seen them interact. She knew Seol-a was around the corner when No-rae popped her head in as they were leaving that one night. She quickly picked up on the "them". I have yet to see a confirmation that she knows, but I think there are things into which she can read, especially if biased.

Seol-a with No-rae in her lap was Seol-a's doing. It does not appear that No-rae was awakened before having her head put onto Seol-a's lap.

Also, the two are friends are were hired together. Why not wait for her friend and go home together? For all she knows Seol-a made it a "them" with her affections.

It was a risk on her part. Enah has a good relationship with No-rae, and she knows that these two (Seol-a and No-rae) are close. And she's an adult. If this was really some random mean-spirited prodding, she's be risking damaging her relationship with No-rae...

It's not a risk if this is indeed the last day of temporary work, and it appears it is. That's it. Seol-a and No-rae no longer work for her. She doesn't need an assistant or a replacement model now that her neck cast is off. She could never see either again and it's not a problem.

So I totally agree that Enah's trying to push Seol-a into action and that that's the main purpose of this arc. And that her taking part in this confrontation wasn't malevolent at all or super contrived. I think she had good reason to initiate that dialogue without being 100% certain that their feelings were mutual, but I think that there was enough for her to at least assume that was the case and biased enough (due to similarities) to hope for it. Ultimately, I don't think her knowing about mutual feelings was that important here. Her connection to Seol-a is/was, and I was very pleased with the execution.

Enah doesn't seem like a bad person at all, but does Enah perceive her pushing as, "Go get her, your feelings are mutual!" or "Go confess already so that you can get turned down and stop wasting your time."?

I feel like we just don't have enough evidence to know for certain at this time. It's very up in the air because as mentioned above, I don't think she has a lot of evidence that No-rae is responding to Seol-a? That is the type of scene it would be important to include.

Wooper
joined Oct 25, 2015

Seol-a with No-rae in her lap was Seol-a's doing. It does not appear that No-rae was awakened before having her head put onto Seol-a's lap.

I don't think we know, but I certainly think that that's possible. I was just putting that out there.

Also, the two are friends are were hired together. Why not wait for her friend and go home together? For all she knows Seol-a made it a "them" with her affections.

I don't get what you mean by "made it a "them"". Also, I was giving reasons for what she may have assumed. Again, not arguing for her knowing.

It was a risk on her part. Enah has a good relationship with No-rae, and she knows that these two (Seol-a and No-rae) are close. And she's an adult. If this was really some random mean-spirited prodding, she's be risking damaging her relationship with No-rae...

It's not a risk if this is indeed the last day of temporary work, and it appears it is. That's it. Seol-a and No-rae no longer work for her. She doesn't need an assistant or a replacement model now that her neck cast is off. She could never see either again and it's not a problem.

Enah is affectionate toward No-rae. Sure, you can assume that it's nothing, but sometimes you make a connection with people. She doesn't have to be as dismissive about getting to No-rae as possibly upsetting her by upsetting Seol'a as "not a problem". It is a risk if she cares. I don't interpret Enah's actions as not caring, toward Seol-a or No-rae. Nostalgia...

Enah doesn't seem like a bad person at all, but does Enah perceive her pushing as, "Go get her, your feelings are mutual!" or "Go confess already so that you can get turned down and stop wasting your time."?

I don't know what you mean by "does Enah perceive her pushing as, [...]". Did you mean Seol-a? If so, I don't think she interpreted that way. That would certainly be a leap. Seol-a doesn't know her and isn't chummy with her. I think Seol-a's largely just thinking this woman is pretty rude.

My reading: Enah isn't trying to befriend her with this. She's trying to push Seol-a into going forward with whatever Seol-a decides to do. Moving her to do something, is the main objective. It's an emotional conversations. She's not directly telling her to do anything. I don't know how Seol-a could take anything directly out of it without being omniscient herself or really jumping to conclusions, and I think the former is below this story and the latter..--she's too fired up to do the that.

I feel like we just don't have enough evidence to know for certain at this time. It's very up in the air because as mentioned above, I don't think she has a lot of evidence that No-rae is responding to Seol-a? That is the type of scene it would be important to include.

My main point is that based upon what Enah has seen and what we know of her, the dialogue that ensued is perfectly reasonable and well intended. None of it requires assuming she has magical instincts or something. I read it as Enah doing something nice for Seol-a, in whom she sees a lot her younger self, and perhaps a bit inspired by nostalgia stirred up by her observations of No-rae alone and Seol-a smitten with No-rae.

I think assuming the dialogue is "Go get her, your feelings are mutual!" is normal, but I also think we get to that point by past expectations. You don't have to read it that way. There are other why she would speak to No-rae. She's an adult with more experience who's been through that stage of a relationship (preceding a romantic one). I think advice from a more pragmatic place. I had to have that pragmatic conversation with myself, so I just think it's pretty nice someone spoke up to (the inexperienced in love) Seol-a.

If we do get some sort of confirmation that Enah somehow knew their feelings were mutual--without being shown some scene of her seeing something more obvious from No-rae--I do think that would make this whole bit much weaker. I'm not expecting such a confirmation though.

I don't think the lack evidence of Enah knowing or her knowing at all is important. It's important if you're trying to read that conversation has being motivated by such knowledge. I didn't read it that way, and I've tried to explain how I read it. A confirmation of what I mentioned above would make it important and invalidate my reading (and possibly other readings) of it, this arc, especially that dialogue. To me, the dialogue between Seol-a and Enah is the strong point of this chapter, but if you feel it's the "Go get her, your feelings are mutual!", then it's really contrived and makes an Enah and this arc more into the cliché I earlier voiced as a potential pitfall with lengthy stories like Fluttering Feelings. As long as such a confirmation doesn't come, I will happily hold onto this arc as another solid segment of FF.

@Kinetik_09 On the subject of ... "No-Rae is someone who wears a mask". I think it's more nuanced than that. I'm taking that you're hinting at No-rae being unknowable or hard to get to know. That's true. But it's not a mask, which to me implies false representation. Characters (e.g., No-rae's brother and mother) have made reference to walls and tendency to run from complicated or BIG things. In the past I've pointed this out saying that character get to know her on the surface, and the thing about people like No-rae is that it goes both ways.

It's an (often) invisible hindrance to deepening a relationship with such a person because not only does getting to know that person require persistence but they won't get to know you without persistence as well. The obvious challenges such a characteristic is the running away (which No-rae did quite literally) and deflection, slightly harder to detect. (There are many examples of the latter in her avoidance of going into detail about her "love life".) No-rae doesn't volunteer much information about herself. Staying at the surface. No-rae tends not to pry for information about Seol-a. Examples: We see her hesitate in asking Ji-hwan about Seol-a. A more poignant example to me is when she find herself surprised at her wondering about Seol-a's behavior.

When someone is that easy going but still grounded and responsible, they are easy to get along with (and easy to fall in love with, to me), easy to project onto and, most relevant, easy to keep around if you just let things be. No-rae fits this character/personality type (in my head that's hard to explain) to a tee. Enah heard directly from her that she's just happy being with her. We heard though our semi-omniscient perspective as readers that No-rae is content to let things be and just enjoy being with her. I recognize No-rae's characteristics. Enah could too.

No-rae is the type to be scared off or pushed away by making things serious. I assumed that of her before we even had the "avoidance" arc. Enah can see herself in Seol-a, fill-in the gaps in her direct knowledge of No-rae with experience of her partner and come to guess some things right about No-rae that Seol-a doesn't even know or is at least less sure of. And she's an outsider looking in on a situation with a level head but having been half of a relationship with somewhat similar participants, for years. We readers are biased in what we know (hence you had to even remind someone that Enah doesn't have direct evidence) but she's biased from her experience and what she knows. Enah possibly has the most experience with interacting with someone like No-rae's outside of her family (of the main-ish characters).

Jpegnagasawa
joined Feb 19, 2014

Thanks Halmoni! :) what a great way to start 2016!
All I'm seeing from this chapter is that, it's coming~ soon! whatever it is! :)

Untitled-1
joined Aug 29, 2013

In chapter 57, when Norae told Enah she liked someone, she addressed that someone as "they". Is it common in Korean language to not identify 3rd party as he or she?

If it's not common, I think it's pretty obvious she's talking about a girl. Addressing someone she liked as "he" is much easier but she didn't do it

No-rae
joined Feb 4, 2015

In chapter 57, when Norae told Enah she liked someone, she addressed that someone as "they". Is it common in Korean language to not identify 3rd party as he or she?

If it's not common, I think it's pretty obvious she's talking about a girl. Addressing someone she liked as "he" is much easier but she didn't do it

Im kinda curious about this too.

So, I liked chapter 58, it was pretty interesting at least to me. I have to say that Im not sure what to think of Enah and Seol-A's conversation. I got some bitch vibes from Enah but I feel like she kind of had good intentions. She knows something is going on between No-Rae and Seol-A and she has noticed that Seol-A likes No-Rae (she probably confirmed that with the restroom convo) so she talked like that to Seol-A because she wants her to do something about No-Rae, guessing that maybe it wont be No-Rae the one doing something directly because of her careful personality, maybe?
I dont know if Enah noticed that its Seol-A the one that No-Rae likes, but she probably thinks theres a big possibility Seol-A is the one she likes. Anyway, she feel that it has to be Seol-A the one to do something directly if she wants No-Rae. I feel like she was in someway bitchy but with good intentions.

I wonder if we wont see the president again, I kind of like her tbh haha.

Btw, I thought No-Rae was really cute and sweet this chapter, especially at the start, telling Seol-A she looked so pretty, asking for the pics, getting nervous when Seol-A didnt say anything. Haha, come on Seol-A, she is being obvious :p

halmoni Uploader
Jjjtjtjtjy
joined Jan 6, 2015

When they're talking about Seol-a, No-rae refers first refers to her as "a person that I like" (좋아하는 사람). Then she refers to Seol-a as "child" (그 애, variations include 그 아이 or 걔; changes to 얘/쟤 depending on location of the person you're talking about) which is just another informal gender neutral term to refer to someone who's either younger or around your age. In Korean, it's very common to omit the subject or object of a sentence (i.e. "When [we're] together...[I'm] happy. Even if [we] aren't doing anything. [x] = omitted), and that's how the rest of the conversation goes.

Pronouns are usually omitted if you can understand from the context. It's much more convenient to either omit pronouns or use shorter gender neutral pronouns, than to say "he" or "she". No-rae probably didn't want to suddenly come out of the closet and tell her boss that she was in love with a girl.

Btw, I thought No-Rae was really cute and sweet this chapter, especially at the start, telling Seol-A she looked so pretty, asking for the pics, getting nervous when Seol-A didnt say anything. Haha, come on Seol-A, she is being obvious :p

Seol-a was silent because she was surprised by No-rae's forwardness lol. It was kinda hard to tell, but I think Seol-a was blushing + a bit dumbfounded after No-rae said she wanted Seol-a's unedited pictures for "personal" use. And then No-rae had to justify herself.

last edited at Jan 4, 2016 3:01AM

joined Apr 3, 2012

One thing I'm not sure has ever been clarified. Who's older, No-rae or Seol-a?

halmoni Uploader
Jjjtjtjtjy
joined Jan 6, 2015

One thing I'm not sure has ever been clarified. Who's older, No-rae or Seol-a?

Assuming they were both born in the same year, No-rae is older by a few months. She was born sometime in the spring, and Seol-a was born in the fall.

mikasamikasa77
Norae
joined Oct 16, 2014

Thanks Halmoni!

I don't understand what really mean Ina, I don't understand the meaning of << "totally not a pushover" No-rae~>>
I am reflecting on the character of Norae,... however my feeling that Ina has put other doubts still Seola, to come out to her, another card thrown into the pile to raise even more the narrative tension ...
Its true that as Norae has understood that she likes Seola, she wants to be with her, she has not expressed romantic feelings, or I wrong? Here no one said "I'm in love with her", (Seola most with some flashback like the "lips of norae)"... and that in this "uncertain relationship" come out at the wrong time, or not be very clear, certainly can hurt ...
I'm trying to interpret from the point of view of the words of Ina...

However how sweet Norae looking Seola, wants the photos, and always tries to get her to eat ... my god melts the heart...

Tumblr_nt8411tibj1trx9pno1_r1_1280
joined Apr 7, 2013

I personally don't think Ina is bad. Yes, she was pushing Seol-a's buttons. But, I saw it as her trying to feel Seol-a out, which is why she purposely brought up No-rae in the conversation to see her reaction.

Her advice is as cryptic as Ji-hwan's so forgive me if this doesn't make sense... lol. What I got out of it is that from Ina's perspective No-rae has a "careful personality" - she's not one to readily confess and often holds back for the other's sake. No-rae showed that reluctance in the previous chapter when she told Ina she wasn't sure about everything, about what she wanted from the person she likes.

While Seol-a wears her heart on her sleeve. So when Ina said: "the more you pour your feelings out, the more you'll suffer. Especially in an uncertain relationship." I took it as her way of saying, "the more attached your feelings become to No-rae, the more you'll suffer if things are left uncertain between the two of you." I don't think it was meant to encourage nor discourage. She was just laying the truth out for Seol-a to think over.

Port
joined Jan 23, 2015

Nuevo capitulo en imgur

http://imgur.com/a/ZjXd8

Enjoy!

To reply you must either login or sign up.