Forum › Transient Dreams of Transient Things discussion

Rosmontis
Nevrilicious Scans
joined Jun 5, 2015

Commandershepard13

Statutory rape is having sex with an underaged person who isn't a preteen (thats child rape) in other words it is having sexual relations with a teenager who hasn't yet reached the age of consent (which is 16 in most parts of the world)

I'm assuming the MC is at least 16, if not even older, so it is nowhere statutory rape status.

X
joined Jan 6, 2014

I'm fine with the prostitute stuff, but I'll suprise if anyone would fall for this kind of prostitute who do it just to earn money to play around. I'm not saying their body is dirty or anything, but aren't they just.. lazy and stupid ?

Talk about age and rape stuff, there were these funny cases in my country, underage girls lied to their older boyfriend about their age and have sex with them, and then those boyfriends got arrested lol. There was a case the girl's parent found out but didn't tell the police and black mail the guy for money

last edited at Nov 30, 2015 9:43PM

Commandershepard13
1071350_639308102760295_1399509523_o
joined Mar 24, 2014

goatchan

probably because casual acceptance and fetishization of depictions of statutory rape is pretty fucked up, and can lead to actual abuse of children. Enjoying fictional material is fine as long as you understand and acknowledge its effect on society.

Enjoying fictional rape doesn't make anyone into rapist if they weren't going to turn into one in the first place. Also why you talking about rape in thread of manga that have voluntary prostitute as protagonist?

Because statutory rape is still considered rape even if the victim consented beforehand.

Statutory rape is having sex with an underaged person who isn't a preteen (thats child rape) in other words it is having sexual relations with a teenager who hasn't yet reached the age of consent (which is 16 in most parts of the world)

In Canada, even 16 comes with requirements. Not being a relative of course, and the young person not depending on the elder financially in any way, and the elder not being in a position of authority over the young person. Which rules out probably most situations.

As a fellow Canadian, I can tell you its actually even more complicated than that. I'll just give you the wikipedia link
https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Age_of_consent_reform_in_Canada

joined Oct 11, 2010

what exactly are strawberries?

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Strawberry

I don't mean literally.

https://conservationwithella.files.wordpress.com/2014/06/straberry1.jpg

I too was confused about why Strawberries were relevant. Now I'm even more confused.

another comment said it was code for how much money she wanted

You said exactly which is literally :P

but.. here you go.. http://www.japanesedictionary.info/en/dictionary-english-japanese/strawberry go to #5

http://www.urbandictionary.com/define.php?term=Strawberry+Time

last edited at Nov 30, 2015 10:51PM

Nezchan Moderator
Meiling%20bun%20150px
joined Jun 28, 2012

In Canada, even 16 comes with requirements. Not being a relative of course, and the young person not depending on the elder financially in any way, and the elder not being in a position of authority over the young person. Which rules out probably most situations.

As a fellow Canadian, I can tell you its actually even more complicated than that. I'll just give you the wikipedia link
https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Age_of_consent_reform_in_Canada

Well, it's been a long time since I've looked into it, and that only as a sideline into researching obscenity laws which have been kinda messed up in Canada for a long time. Like when adult comics were actually printed in Canada due to pricing, then shipped back to distributors in the States, only to not be able to import them back into Canada again.

Untitled102_20231004232707
joined Mar 26, 2014

I want more.

S129
joined Aug 2, 2015

Oral barriers (or dental dams as their most known as) are simple pieces of latex or plastic used to cover the genital areas while performing oral sex, both anal and vaginal. clear plastic ones are the nicest cause you can see what you're doing and if you put some water based lube in between the skin and the dam it feels almost as good as direct contact. You can get them from medical supply stores or queer friendly sex shops, or you can make your own by cutting the tip off a condom and slitting it open, forming a square of easy to use pre lubed latex. I've tried using siran wrap (clear kitchen wrap) before but honestly it's such a pain in the ass i don't recommend it, it sticks to everything and sucks to deal with.

Related : http://dynasty-scans.com/chapters/sisterism_ch14#16

I just knew what that link was referring to even before clicking the link xD Then I laughed anyway because you just can't not laugh with that image

Also wow, how did we get to safe sex to prostitution to enjou kosai to... Age of Consent for Canada LOL
Even though I'm Canadian, I've never actually read it haha

On track comment: Can't wait for the next chapter? I'm interested to see where it's going, will it be a happy ending or will it be sad?

last edited at Dec 1, 2015 2:43AM

Yuu
joined Mar 28, 2015

If I understand correctly, this story isn't about prostitution, or Enjo Kosai, or about age gap or statutory rape or whatever, but about a girl who discovers that the relationship with that woman was much more enjoyable than any she had before with other people.

That woman took her on a date, treated her nicely, called her cute, didn't seem to think about her like some sextoy and had the best sex ever with her.

Ie, once the initial confusion passed, she very much want to repeat the experience and may start to develop feelings toward her partner, which she didn't in the past.

Seen from that angle, I can get onboard without problem and I want to read the rest.

UranusAndNeptuneAreJustCousins
joined Sep 6, 2015

I don't think this story is quite as sad as some of people believe. The girl isn't being taken advantage of (she sets the rules and the customers follow) and doesn't so desperately need the money that she's forced into prostitution. She can probably stop anytime but chooses to do this as a way to make cash. Legal age of consent is also ridiculously young in japan so the office workers arent committing a crime. There is an argument about valuing one's virginity more but not everyone believes that sex is that big a deal. She seems in control of things so I don't think it's necessary to look down upon her for her decisions. I look forward to her finding love in a place she didn't expect.

When someone says exactly what you are thinking... Not delving into enjo-kōsai in general, or the potential for abuse and creepiness, in this particular case, well, what hjyfun said, basically.

What I find intriguing is the office worker. She obviously has some experience with these sort of things, concealing her identity before the meeting, and generally being very confident throughout the entire encounter. I am not under the impression that this is her first time using enjo-kōsai services.

Also, she reminds me of Akane from Minase Ruruu's two-shot, although, there was no enkō there. But the physical features, the hair-style, and general behaviour look remarkably alike, even the story has some similar elements. Compare this, for example.

last edited at Dec 1, 2015 12:36PM

F4x-3lwx0aa0tcu31
joined Apr 20, 2013

If I understand correctly, this story isn't about prostitution, or Enjo Kosai, or about age gap or statutory rape or whatever, but about a girl who discovers that the relationship with that woman was much more enjoyable than any she had before with other people.

So the plot from now on could be "Did she fall in love?" and if she did, continuing with her "work" would be a problem, and what's more difficult is for the woman to accept her feelings.

Untitled%203
joined Feb 3, 2013

That woman took her on a date, treated her nicely, called her cute, didn't seem to think about her like some sextoy and had the best sex ever with her.

Ie, once the initial confusion passed, she very much want to repeat the experience and may start to develop feelings toward her partner, which she didn't in the past.

Seen from that angle, I can get onboard without problem and I want to read the rest.

It's chapter 1. Surely the story will go down the path of rediscovering one's sexuality (hopefully), but for now the shocking item still remains that the main character would prostitute herself for something as menial as concert tickets, and how realistic that can actually be nowadays.

The first chapter did it's job properly and raised a lot of attention. Let's see how the story develops from now on.

Maki%20und%20nico
joined Nov 18, 2014

Relevant manga that goes deep into how it actually looks to work as prostitute in Japan

Nice read

Vegitab%20profile%20pic%20smoll%20tumblr
joined Sep 21, 2014

Yeah, I quite like these kinds of stories, when they start questioning themselves and all, it's sweet, no matter the setting. At least for me. I'm eager to read more.

Great
joined Dec 16, 2013

For some reason when I first read it, I thought she was college-aged. I was temporarily very confused by the statutory rape discussion until I looked at the manga again and realized that they apparently are in high school.

I guess my brain just went "taking tests + prostitution = college probably". Too much "The Feelings We All Must Endure", maybe... or not enough?

joined Aug 4, 2014

Like who the hell thinks that prostitution is a good theme for a love story? If that was a hentai, then sure, whatever, but here? I can't really enjoy it, at least not fully.

Yuu
joined Mar 28, 2015

Like who the hell thinks that prostitution is a good theme for a love story? If that was a hentai, then sure, whatever, but here? I can't really enjoy it, at least not fully.

You have it backward. The theme is a love story. Enko is a plot device.

Ymir-and-christa-lenz-historia-reiss-shingeki-no-kyojin-kittyluv57-38197762-736-429
joined May 19, 2014

The author seems to think so? Besides, different strokes for different folks. If you don't enjoy it, don't read it.

Nezchan Moderator
Meiling%20bun%20150px
joined Jun 28, 2012

If you want to get technical, the theme (at least as I see it so far) appears to be Mu-chan breaking out of her rather superficial environment and discovering something deeper and more meaningful. The plot is a love story, and enko is a plot device.

Ihaveseenthelight
joined May 28, 2013

If you want to get technical, the theme (at least as I see it so far) appears to be Mu-chan breaking out of her rather superficial environment and discovering something deeper and more meaningful. The plot is a love story, and enko is a plot device.

I feel like I need to go back to my high school Lit classes. I'm not sure what the differences are.

Kira%202
joined Nov 29, 2014

Theme is like, the overlying idea behind the plot.

Nezchan Moderator
Meiling%20bun%20150px
joined Jun 28, 2012

Theme is like, the overlying idea behind the plot.

Yup. Theme is the concept, plot is what happens, and plot devices are elements that the plot uses to move forward.

Cs4_cover
joined Jul 13, 2015

I am scary that we will see a bisexual moment in some moment
that gonna be painfull

Nezchan Moderator
Meiling%20bun%20150px
joined Jun 28, 2012

that gonna be painfull

Given the first chapter, I suspect she'll try to do it as normal again but either finds that she can't go through with it at all, or else gets to that point offscreen and ends up rejecting him and taking off. Either way, I suspect that what happened will change her outlook on the practice.

F4x-3lwx0aa0tcu31
joined Apr 20, 2013

that gonna be painfull

Given the first chapter, I suspect she'll try to do it as normal again but either finds that she can't go through with it at all, or else gets to that point offscreen and ends up rejecting him and taking off. Either way, I suspect that what happened will change her outlook on the practice.

That's what I thought too but, I hope she rejects her next client before going into the hotel or things could get ugly

Tumblr_mqsgcvuolq1s1l3cpo1_500
joined Jul 12, 2012

i said it on batoto and ill say it again for the gays over here >:( yes there are condoms for sex between girls and yes you should god damn use them

Hey, tell me more :O
What kinds?

The main two contenders are oral barriers and digital barriers, they're purely for decreasing risk of STI and its a good idea for any encounter where you're not sure of a person's sexual history (remember to get your STI tests regularily!!!). Any sex parties or sexual health organizations worth their salt will provide both.

Oral barriers (or dental dams as their most known as) are simple pieces of latex or plastic used to cover the genital areas while performing oral sex, both anal and vaginal. clear plastic ones are the nicest cause you can see what you're doing and if you put some water based lube in between the skin and the dam it feels almost as good as direct contact. You can get them from medical supply stores or queer friendly sex shops, or you can make your own by cutting the tip off a condom and slitting it open, forming a square of easy to use pre lubed latex. I've tried using siran wrap (clear kitchen wrap) before but honestly it's such a pain in the ass i don't recommend it, it sticks to everything and sucks to deal with.

Digital barriers are anything that cover your fingers (digits, obviously) and can range from gloves to small condoms for fingers called finger cots. Again these only lower the risk of contact with body fluids so they aint gonna do shit if you lick them off at some point (hot tip, get your partner to lick their own fluids off them huhuhu) great tools for anal play or if you have a hangnail or exposed cut on a finger you don't want to risk.

or if all that is too much wash your hands put condoms on your sex toys and get tested regularly do it girls!

Also it's cheaper to buy condoms online and use those as dental dams, because a little pack of dental dams cost more than condoms, and the condoms work as fine as dental dams (also you get more condoms for cheap). Trust me I know. Oh! And they come in flavors too, that's really enjoyable. And for fingers there's the finger condoms, they're good too. Finger condoms are cool cause they wrap around your fingers nicely and it's probably better for the partner cause once you lube it up it's easy to insert and your fingers don't get wrinkly from all the warm moisture.

This feels like a 'How to be a lesbian 101' lol

To reply you must either login or sign up.