Forum › Transient Dreams of Transient Things discussion

Bondage%20fairies%20collection%20%20%20%232%20-%20page%204
joined Dec 16, 2013

more reasons not to has kids for nipponjin...

joined Dec 16, 2013

Legal age of consent is also ridiculously young in japan so the office workers arent committing a crime.

each prefecture in japan has their own consent age
tokyo is 18.. it is a crime... should just legalize and tax it.

last edited at Nov 30, 2015 10:40AM

Yuu
joined Mar 28, 2015

I did not mean it like said, bad choice of words from my side. It is more "accepted" as in they simply accept the existence of it and then try to hide it from the public eye while not actively trying to do anything against it.

Japanese have the same attitude about it than they have about homosexuality. Everyone knows it exists but as long as you don't talk nor do something about it, you can pretend it doesn't.

That's Japanese general behavior for anything problematic tbh, just slide it under the rug.

Same thing for bullying. Or sexual harassment. Or rape.

Anime-anime-boy-black-and-white-boy-favim.com-1570867
joined May 7, 2014

' ' I feel kinda... Wanna read more !!
It's totally better than Yurika's campus life ' ' not so drama, but not so weird.

Tsw118
joined Feb 27, 2015

What was that oneshot where MC was an adult prostitute who collected the money to pay off her debt or something like that, and her female lover accepted her as is, while her male clients all went: "I'd totally date you if you weren't a prostitute"? Also one male client left a bite mark.

Homu%20avatar
joined May 11, 2012

LexXxich, I believe it's Time by Hayase Hashiba.

last edited at Nov 30, 2015 11:52AM

Nezchan Moderator
Meiling%20bun%20150px
joined Jun 28, 2012

What was that oneshot where MC was an adult prostitute who collected the money to pay off her debt or something like that, and her female lover accepted her as is, while her male clients all went: "I'd totally date you if you weren't a prostitute"? Also one male client left a bite mark.

You're likely looking for Time. Although they don't actually specify the gender of the clients as I recall.

joined Dec 16, 2013

^nor why she do it...for fun?

last edited at Nov 30, 2015 12:06PM

Yuu
joined Mar 28, 2015

^nor why she do it...for fun?

It's implied it's for the money. It's nearly always about money.

And the woman is sad, because she thinks the same thing as some of the other clients : "I wish I had met you before you started doing this".

joined Feb 15, 2013

I don't know why there are almost always morality questioning over a whenever there is a story about a high-school character involving in sexual relationship with someone older. Is it just to take the moral high ground and feel good about it? It's just fictional, why does it matter whether it's legal or not

I means damn me, if every shounen manga discussion is filled with discussion about how wrong unprovoked assault and murder are. Or every romantic story is filled with the discussion of sexual harassment or misogynist. Or racism is discussed over every historical movie....

Actually.... now think about it, all of these do actually happen. Political correctness do run wild in modern age

last edited at Nov 30, 2015 2:46PM

Yuu
joined Mar 28, 2015

I don't know why there are almost always morality questioning over a whenever there is a story about a high-school character involving in sexual relationship with someone older. Is it just to take the moral high ground and feel good about it? It's just fictional, why does it matter whether it's legal or not

It's not about the age gap. It's about money based relationships, ie, prostitution by any other name, that people are uneasy about.

None said anything about the morality of the age gaps?

Ff1a724c73fac5cdbd12f79a54966a5025f54c394c232611e6a1c490a4e4b1db
joined May 22, 2014

Safe sex=happy sex. Thanks for the health education. We don't learn this in school. They only taught us not to touch any holes...pores/ears/nostrils/butt hole/ other holes...

F4x-3lwx0aa0tcu31
joined Apr 20, 2013

It's not about the age gap. It's about money based relationships, ie, prostitution by any other name, that people are uneasy about.

None said anything about the morality of the age gaps?

Well, it was mentioned twice in the first comments by 2 different readers...
BTW. It does matter, the manga is about prostitution so talking about it or disagreeing is to be expected... Now acting surprised kind of piss me off, like people don't want to accept that part of the world and much less in their yuri.

Kira%202
joined Nov 29, 2014

I remember reading something like this a few months ago, a girl who worked at a flower shop and saved money to sleep with the girl she liked and then that girl did not want the money ?.

http://dynasty-scans.com/chapters/not_for_sale

Rosmontis
Nevrilicious Scans
joined Jun 5, 2015

Relevant manga that goes deep into how it actually looks to work as prostitute in Japan

joined Jan 31, 2013

I feel conflicted after reading this. A story about child prostitution like it's something casual, part of the everyday life of high school girls. Yuri or not, legal or not, this is definitely not my cup of tea. I adore Tamamusi's work but this one kinda let me down.

joined Dec 16, 2013

japanese not interested in sex just a myth?

Screen%20shot%202015-01-02%20at%2011.59.56%20pm
joined Jun 4, 2015

I means damn me, if every shounen manga discussion is filled with discussion about how wrong unprovoked assault and murder are. Or every romantic story is filled with the discussion of sexual harassment or misogynist. Or racism is discussed over every historical movie....

Actually.... now think about it, all of these do actually happen. Political correctness do run wild in modern age

probably because casual acceptance and fetishization of depictions of statutory rape is pretty fucked up, and can lead to actual abuse of children. Enjoying fictional material is fine as long as you understand and acknowledge its effect on society.

Purple Library Guy
Kare%20kano%20joker
joined Mar 3, 2013

what exactly are strawberries?

They're a small fruit. Since the plants are low to the ground and the berries easily go moldy in contact with the earth, I understand they used to lay down beds of straw under the plants, hence the name. They make good jam and various desserts.
What? That wasn't what you were asking, you say?

Purple Library Guy
Kare%20kano%20joker
joined Mar 3, 2013

Ahhh, the whole prostitution thing is so tangled. I think there are actually a small minority of people for whom prostitution is a good choice--people who enjoy sex, and have emotional makeups that don't get hung up about it and don't take emotional damage from it and maybe like making people feel good, and stuff. But such people are few. And then there are far more people who do prostitution because they have no other viable choice, and it's moronic to get on their case, but it's one more of the many things pointing at the bedrock issue that nobody should be put in a position where the only choices they have are terrible, and we need to fix the system so nobody is victimized like that, whether it's prostitution or sweatshops or whatever.

And then there's this kind of thing like in the manga, which bugs me. Sure, I guess it's their choice--but I don't think most of these kids are happier because they did this. They are not from the small minority that doesn't take emotional harm from doing this kind of thing. It's just a bonehead move. They don't know themselves well, and they're encouraged to ignore themselves, and to think they are what they have, by the superficial consumerist culture they're in, and I just can't stop that awful cliched manga line from coming to my mind--"cherish yourself more!"

None of this necessarily stops a story with prostitution in it from being a good story. We'll see about this one. I thought "Not for sale" was pretty cute.

Rosmontis
Nevrilicious Scans
joined Jun 5, 2015

goatchan

probably because casual acceptance and fetishization of depictions of statutory rape is pretty fucked up, and can lead to actual abuse of children. Enjoying fictional material is fine as long as you understand and acknowledge its effect on society.

Enjoying fictional rape doesn't make anyone into rapist if they weren't going to turn into one in the first place. Also why you talking about rape in thread of manga that have voluntary prostitute as protagonist?

Vegitab%20profile%20pic%20smoll%20tumblr
joined Sep 21, 2014

the gay for pay tag it means that in exchange for money x character would sleep with the same gender right?
Does the gay for pay tag still apply if mc possibly isnt straight?

Commandershepard13
1071350_639308102760295_1399509523_o
joined Mar 24, 2014

I did not mean it like said, bad choice of words from my side. It is more "accepted" as in they simply accept the existence of it and then try to hide it from the public eye while not actively trying to do anything against it.

Japanese have the same attitude about it than they have about homosexuality. Everyone knows it exists but as long as you don't talk nor do something about it, you can pretend it doesn't.

That's Japanese general behavior for anything problematic tbh, just slide it under the rug.

Same thing for bullying. Or sexual harassment. Or rape.

That's what happens when collectivism and traditionalism are two of the core concepts of your society; nobody wants to go against the group to change or fix anything and society/"the group" never wants to fix anything cause it would go against tradition, so everyone just ignores it. They lost a war because of this nonsense (that and the fact they tried to challenge a sleeping giant but even that was because many Japanese higher ups legitimately thought Yamato-Damaishii (Japanese Spirit) made them invincible, so blame you can blame tradition again.)

Commandershepard13
1071350_639308102760295_1399509523_o
joined Mar 24, 2014

goatchan

Enjoying fictional rape doesn't make anyone into rapist if they weren't going to turn into one in the first place. Also why you talking about rape in thread of manga that have voluntary prostitute as protagonist?

Because statutory rape is still considered rape even if the victim consented beforehand.

Statutory rape is having sex with an underaged person who isn't a preteen (thats child rape) in other words it is having sexual relations with a teenager who hasn't yet reached the age of consent (which is 16 in most parts of the world)

Nezchan Moderator
Meiling%20bun%20150px
joined Jun 28, 2012

goatchan

Because statutory rape is still considered rape even if the victim consented beforehand.

Statutory rape is having sex with an underaged person who isn't a preteen (thats child rape) in other words it is having sexual relations with a teenager who hasn't yet reached the age of consent (which is 16 in most parts of the world)

In Canada, even 16 comes with requirements. Not being a relative of course, and the young person not depending on the elder financially in any way, and the elder not being in a position of authority over the young person. Which rules out probably most situations.

To reply you must either login or sign up.