Forum › Teppu discussion

Canaan2
joined May 9, 2013

Well, that's an ending I guess. One where the abusive brother thing just gets resolved with Natsuo reconciling with him.

Bunnythor_full_small
joined May 17, 2015

Page 2 is after 19. Wrong page order.

Looks like a general filename problem where the files are named "foobar3.jpg" instead of "foobar03.jpg".

Sticking a "0" in the filename for the first 9 pages and then reloading should solve everything.

Bondage%20fairies%20collection%20%20%20%232%20-%20page%204
joined Dec 16, 2013

Well, that's an ending I guess. One where the abusive brother thing just gets resolved with Natsuo reconciling with him.

abusive brother???

Canaan2
joined May 9, 2013

abusive brother???

That's generally what you call a brother who beats his little sister and will still throw things at her years later. And considering how utterly monstrous and confident Natsuo is, that she flinches around him says a lot.

joined Sep 9, 2013

My only question is was her watching tv with her brother a dream? It doesn't look like that made up only she dreamed it since she was talking to Kei about having a dream during lunch With the pages being so mix/match I had a hard time understand that scene. Overall loved the ending even it ended one chapter short IMO

last edited at Nov 7, 2015 12:31AM

Animeyuridanshismall
joined Apr 25, 2014

great ending
everyone is gay/10

My only question is was her watching tv with her brother a dream? It doesn't look like that made up only she dreamed it since she was talking to Kei about having a dream during lunch With the pages being so mix/match I had a hard time understand that scene. Overall loved the ending even it ended one chapter short IMO

yeah it was a dream.

Tumblr_mfrdsc3t1e1rdyfv3o1_500
joined Apr 25, 2014

I can't read right now but TEPPUUUUUUUUUUU!!!!!

Tumblr_mfrdsc3t1e1rdyfv3o1_500
joined Apr 25, 2014

okay hm well that was completely out of order but teppuuuuuu

Page-11
Dynasty Scans
joined Feb 14, 2011

Fixed the page order. <3

11987161_1662992157250246_4752483831939925755_n
joined Jun 20, 2014

TEPPU IS THE BEEEEEST <3 XD !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!~~~

Episode9-2
joined Mar 9, 2014

This series could have seriously gone on forever and I wouldn't have gotten tired of it

N5203e802c394f_large
joined May 5, 2013

This series could have seriously gone on forever and I wouldn't have gotten tired of it

Ikr?

joined Aug 11, 2014

It did feel kind of truncated. The big final fight between the two central characters ended up being kind of minor, I thought? Even the match immediately before, with double-jointed pigtails girl, had more action and emotional tension than the one we'd ostensibly been building up to for most of the story. It's as if they were only a third of the way through the big climactic battle when she was choked out. And why even go for that gloriously dumb wedding shot if they weren't going to connect, at any point? I feel like the author had been sitting on that one frame for years, but when they realised they were cutting the fight short to get it over with, they had to jam it in at the first opportunity just to get it out of their system.

I don't know. All in all, I think the author had charted out a lot more for this series, but was starting to lose steam really badly, and just couldn't go on hiatus again. They probably still have a vague sense of properly continuing the story someday, but they can't bring themselves to commit to it right now. So we get a half-hearted ending filled with sequel hooks, making it easy to pick up with a season 2, but if that never works out, then it can just be filed away with all the other thousands of inconclusively concluded battle manga.

last edited at Nov 11, 2015 4:35PM

Capture
joined Mar 19, 2015

Love that the MC is messed up ...

But also love the idea of Yuzuko 1) no innate talent but 100% hardwork 2) she doesn't compare herself with others 3) This line, my gosh! ---- If one could internalize these 3 things in real life then the sky is not the limit as to how far they can go in whatever they choose to do

joined Aug 11, 2014

Oh, jeez, I just heard that the reason for the sudden weak ending is because the author's become horribly sick and couldn't continue working on it, and now I'm a huge asshole for assuming that they just got bored. I guess all the sequel hooks seem more promising, now? Like it feels as if the author fully intends to come back to it when they can. Hope it's not a serious illness, in any case.

Shine,%20aru
joined Feb 15, 2016

I was slightly surprised to find this series on here, but Teppu does indeed have the scent of lilies emanating from it so I can understand.

At any rate, this is one of my favorite series so I gave it a review
https://terrenceswiff.wordpress.com/2016/03/23/teppu/

I hope it continues one day.

Alice Cheshire Moderator
Dynasty_misc015
joined Nov 7, 2014

That was a pretty interesting read but the ending felt kinda rather inconclusive. The only thing in the end that really happened was that the fight we'd been waiting for all series happened and we got more or less the outcome that was to be expected. I was expecting more character development from the main character than that though.

Yuu
joined Mar 28, 2015

After reading "All rounder Meguru", I wonder which one plagiarized the other.

Nevri Uploader
Rosmontis
Nevrilicious Scans
joined Jun 5, 2015

Alice Cheshire posted:

That was a pretty interesting read but the ending felt kinda rather inconclusive.

Author already had health issues that forced him to go on hiatus for 2 years. No wonder he didn't feel confident in continuing it (which he totally planned to do) so it is nice he at least manage to end it in good spot (without ending that didn't address anything and just stopped story in random point) while still having a room for maybe trying to continue it later. I'm not satisfied with the way how entire Mawatari thing concluded but what we got wasn't that bad.

Alice Cheshire Moderator
Dynasty_misc015
joined Nov 7, 2014

Nevri posted:

Author already had health issues that forced him to go on hiatus for 2 years. No wonder he didn't feel confident in continuing it (which he totally planned to do) so it is nice he at least manage to end it in good spot (without ending that didn't address anything and just stopped story in random point) while still having a room for maybe trying to continue it later. I'm not satisfied with the way how entire Mawatari thing concluded but what we got wasn't that bad.

Oh yeah, don't get me wrong. It could be a far worse ending. I was just a little bit disappointed with how inconclusive it felt is all, especially after all that build up.

Nevri Uploader
Rosmontis
Nevrilicious Scans
joined Jun 5, 2015

Alice Cheshire posted:

Nevri posted:

Oh yeah, don't get me wrong. It could be a far worse ending. I was just a little bit disappointed with how inconclusive it felt is all, especially after all that build up.

Yea, just wanted to point out why it ended like that ^ ^"

Img-20190201-wa0005
joined Sep 21, 2015

I'm still waiting for more of this shit :v

Screenshot%20(1097)
joined Apr 23, 2016

i just binged all of it, and it was really damn good. the fight with pak duna was my favorite. natsuo and kei make a pretty good couple. i love how natsuo was a complete douchebag, it's a super nice change from regular old protags. and this series had so many women and they still all felt distinct and interesting!!

Altair Uploader
Reisen%20ds
joined Nov 30, 2016

This was basically Moby Dick, and Natsuo is the perfect Ahab. Pacing was bonkers though... Just like...Moby Dick!

last edited at Jan 4, 2018 10:51PM

Marion Diabolito
Dynsaty%20scans%20avatar%20from%20twgokhs
joined Jan 5, 2015

I liked Hanakaku much better. :P

To reply you must either login or sign up.