Forum › Japanese lesbians choose the Top 5 anime characters they want as their girlfriend/ lover

Copy%20of%20corn%20thief%20maki%20maki%201
joined Jun 17, 2014

number 1 suprised me...........lol

Copy90_90_zpscf246422
joined Sep 18, 2014

I'm more surprised at #3.

joined May 23, 2015

Don't underestimate the appeal of Hayashibara Megumi lolis.

Honestly in recent years she's surpassed the main heroine Ran in popularity and more people seem to want Haibara to be the one to end up with Conan.

last edited at Oct 27, 2015 4:59AM

Nezchan Moderator
Meiling%20bun%20150px
joined Jun 28, 2012

Looking at #2, I'm left wondering if Haruka makes the list by way of "the character who made me realize I like girls as a child", in a similar way that Baroness from G.I. Joe, Velma and Daphne from Scooby-Doo, or Betty Rubble from The Flintstones did the same for previous generations of Westerners.

Seolaposescolor2
joined Nov 9, 2014

Interesting #1, I don't disagree though. :p

Kokkurisanicon
joined Apr 8, 2013

#1 surprised me a little too.

I'm curious to know who the yuri goddesses (shuninta, Takemiya, etc) would pick.

GendoIkari Uploader
Tsuglenda
joined Aug 10, 2011

#1 is worth reigniting the Russo-Japanese war over.

joined Nov 30, 2011

Is that show really worth watching?

Billportrait
joined Jan 17, 2014

Japanese lesbians choose the Top 5 anime characters they want as their girlfriend/ lover - The Animation was better than it's source material

F4x-3lwx0aa0tcu31
joined Apr 20, 2013

Not choosing Kagamin as your desired lover.

sigh

Afueee
joined Apr 5, 2013

Well, at least #2 is actually a lesbian.

Well, #1 probably will count too.

Guess that Symphogear is not popular with japanese lesbians. I mean, who could not be Miku's wife? Or Tsubasa's? Or Maria's?

And where's Nozomi?

Nezchan Moderator
Meiling%20bun%20150px
joined Jun 28, 2012

Kinda nice to see Fujiko on there, as flagrantly het as she is.

Dark_Tzitzimine
67763073_p3
joined Dec 18, 2013

Considering the choices, I can't help but wonder what was the age range from the participants.

joined Jan 4, 2014

Hm. As a relatively slender, blond haired woman who is considering moving to Japan, numbers 1 & 2 make me kind of happy...

Norainhere Uploader
2hu%20cats
joined Jun 27, 2014

Hm. As a relatively slender, blond haired woman who is considering moving to Japan, numbers 1 & 2 make me kind of happy...

Haha, lucky you.

machigai kouhai Uploader
Wympw_yh
NHFH Scanlations
joined Sep 10, 2014

I'd much rather have Eri as an older sister but then again I'm not really fond of the idea of dating anyone rn so that could be the reason. ∠( ᐛ 」∠)_

joined Jun 18, 2015

Why? I love Eli! Nozomi is not bad, neither.

last edited at Oct 27, 2015 8:58PM

Copy90_90_zpscf246422
joined Sep 18, 2014

Honestly in recent years she's surpassed the main heroine Ran in popularity and more people seem to want Haibara to be the one to end up with Conan.

I'm... actually one of those. Hahaha...
I think Conan and Ai have a better dynamic than Shinichi and Ran.

last edited at Oct 27, 2015 10:19PM

joined Oct 28, 2015

This makes me curious about who those of us here on Dynasty would choose.

Personally, my top 5 would be:
1. Shizuru from Mai HiME
2. Chikane from Kannazuki no Miko
3. Tohsaka Rin from Fate Stay Night / Unlimited Blade Works
4. Miyako from Hidamari Sketch
5. Saber from Fate Zero or Natsuki from Mai HiME

Norainhere Uploader
2hu%20cats
joined Jun 27, 2014

This makes me curious about who those of us here on Dynasty would choose.

Personally, my top 5 would be:
1. Shizuru from Mai HiME
2. Chikane from Kannazuki no Miko
3. Tohsaka Rin from Fate Stay Night / Unlimited Blade Works
4. Miyako from Hidamari Sketch
5. Saber from Fate Zero or Natsuki from Mai HiME

Did you create an account just to make that post? Really though, I'm curious to see what other people would think as well.

joined Oct 28, 2015

Haha I knew someone would ask that, no but I've been a long-time lurker and thought it was time to step out of the shadows a bit.

joined May 23, 2015

I'm... actually one of those. Hahaha...
I think Conan and Ai have a better dynamic than Shinichi and Ran.

Clearly. Ran's character has been reduced to a one-dimensional stereotype, and her relationship with Shinichi doesn't do anything. Meanwhile Haibara has a depth and her dynamic with Shinichi actually shows growth.

2x2-shinobuden-m001
joined Dec 14, 2014

LL is nice and you can definitely give it a shot if you like idols. Although I have a strange infatuation with it, I have to concede that the first idolmaster seasons have a lot more production value, planning and better delivery.

Not to derail the topic, but I have twenty volumes of Detective Conan on the shelf but I just can't bring myself to read them. Ever since I stopped somewhere around volume 64 years ago I have been unable to get back into it.

Should I give it another try?

last edited at Oct 28, 2015 8:21AM

joined May 23, 2015

I'll be completely honest: I've never really read the comic, and I've basically stopped watching the series. I just watch the yearly movies since they provide just as much actual plot advancement (aka zero) but with better production and more expansive stories.

To reply you must either login or sign up.