Forum › Fluttering Feelings [SPOILER THREAD]

joined Aug 29, 2015

thanks to halmoni and thatanon for the translation and typeset. and of course to Ssamba for creating Fluttering Feelings.

phew, Ssamba already put all the theories about Yu-Ji's feelings to end. even though it's ambiguous. we know that Yu-Ji did actually like Seol-a more than friends. Yu-Ji was a big part of the reason why Seol-a chased after No-rae to her hometown. rather than to leave the situation like that. so, it's like the first time on FF. that a character felt the same sex attraction was forbidden.

Yu-Ji and No-rae did felt the same way when they realized that Seol-a might never reciprocate their feelings for her. Yu-Ji kept it all inside of her which leads to her frustration.and turn her love for Seol-a to hate. while No-rae tried to keep her distance to Seol-a and run away from it.

hopefully, the next chapter would be a new development on the story. flashback of No-rae's past and I can't wait to see Seol-a's reaction when she finds out that it was No-rae's ex. that's like No-rae's first love anyway.

last edited at Oct 26, 2015 1:03AM

halmoni Uploader
Jjjtjtjtjy
joined Jan 6, 2015

@halmoni
Do you think that girl at the wedding read the letter? That could explain why she told Seola not to hate Yuji so much

Nah I don't think so. It seemed like a really private letter that Yu-ji meant to keep to herself, and I don't think her sister went around telling all of Yu-ji's friends her deep, dark secrets.

2x2-shinobuden-m001
joined Dec 14, 2014

@hashi

Good point with the self-loathing aspect of Yuji. I never really disliked her character as I felt there would be more than meets the eye.

Concerning the letter: I think Yuna threw it away but maybe talked to Yuji's friend about the gist of it later. I was thinking about that, too. If she didn't, I don't see what prompted the friend to go to the length of discussing what's basically water under the bridge with Seola and saying that specific line.

e: what's the more prevalent sentiment of Yuna towards her sister after reading the letter? 'Crazy bitch' or 'you giant fool'? I have to say that 'crazy bitch' kind of startled me, but 'you giant fool' seemed more sympathetic.

last edited at Oct 26, 2015 5:23AM

Norae
joined Oct 16, 2014

I really like this story, samba has a real talent to write something so exciting. As we know, despite the hundreds of manga coming out, it's hard to find someone really good. She should improve the diversification of the characters, very often there is an author and an artist, the two figures in one require a hard work, think about the plot and draw it, perhaps ssamba is young and still has to learn, possibly could with a little more cunning get away more easily. But it is not easy! I "forgive" her for this. And with YOUR help, we can go on in this story without confusion. And I find this very beautiful, this sort of collective narrative we are following. Thank you so much to all those who are allowing this.

Seolaposescolor2
joined Nov 9, 2014

@halmoni
Do you think that girl at the wedding read the letter? That could explain why she told Seola not to hate Yuji so much

Nah I don't think so. It seemed like a really private letter that Yu-ji meant to keep to herself, and I don't think her sister went around telling all of Yu-ji's friends her deep, dark secrets.

I do think that maybe that other friend may have had a clue that Yu-ji had feelings for Seol-A though. I don't think anything was ever outright said but maybe that friend noticed how Yu-ji acted after.

Yuu
joined Mar 28, 2015

Hurting deeply the one you love, so you are never forgotten reminds me of that yuri incest manga, where the MC's "best friend" doesn't send the application for university exams she was tasked to send, so her "future" might be ruined and the MC forever remembers her, even though they couldn't be together.

Can't recall the title, but the little sister was kinda yandere (and the end was ambiguous anyway). The lesbian side couple was more interesting than the two sisters.

last edited at Oct 26, 2015 7:48AM

joined Jan 4, 2014

Hurting deeply the one you love, so you are never forgotten reminds me of that yuri incest manga, where the MC's "best friend" doesn't send the application for university exams she was tasked to send, so her "future" might be ruined and the MC forever remembers her, even though they couldn't be together.

Can't recall the title, but the little sister was kinda yandere (and the end was ambiguous anyway). The lesbian side couple was more interesting than the two sisters.

http://dynasty-scans.com/series/sakana_no_miru_yume ?

C__data_users_defapps_appdata_internetexplorer_temp_saved%20images_lavender_town_screenshot
joined Dec 9, 2014

I really like this story, samba has a real talent to write something so exciting. As we know, despite the hundreds of manga coming out, it's hard to find someone really good. She should improve the diversification of the characters, very often there is an author and an artist, the two figures in one require a hard work, think about the plot and draw it, perhaps ssamba is young and still has to learn, possibly could with a little more cunning get away more easily. But it is not easy! I "forgive" her for this. And with YOUR help, we can go on in this story without confusion. And I find this very beautiful, this sort of collective narrative we are following. Thank you so much to all those who are allowing this.

When I first read FF I noticed the "problem" with drawing the characters. That was in April and although the manwa immedeately captured my attention, it was only just recent that I started reading it again. Because there were not many chapters when I first found out about it. Back then I thought that if Citrus's author drawing skills were combined with Ssamba's writing skills they would make the perfect manga lol. But tbh I do like FF characters (regarding the way they are drawn) and I wouldn't want them to look any different.
The only downside with it, is that quite few of them look alike. Especially the guys. And sometimes it seems like Ssamba is on hurry. But besides this, Seol-a and No-Rae are badass characters

Ae8q5672
joined Oct 25, 2015

But tbh I do like FF characters (regarding the way they are drawn) and I wouldn't want them to look any different.

Ssamba's character drawing style do give them a more closer-to-real-world kind of feeling. Combined with her ways of storying telling it's easy for the readers to fall for both Seol-a and No-Rae. Reading Citrus I felt entertained at best with occasional emotional tug from the plot and that's all.

The only downside with it, is that quite few of them look alike.

Chances are we won't see Yu-na running into Seol-a in Australia otherwise we can only tell them apart from their jeans and height, maybe?

But besides this, Seol-a and No-Rae are badass characters

Totally. Too bad it's only Monday today.

last edited at Oct 26, 2015 6:46PM

Witch
joined Feb 24, 2013

The more I dwell upon Yu-ji, the more I am saddened by all the factors that contributed to her death - mainly our f*cking society which one, for its homophobic views and two, for its homophobic views. Yes, I know others have discussed this before, but gawd, 59% on S.Korea believes that homosexuality is unacceptable (Pew study, 2013). That's just on the research level, what more upon immersion.

And regarding Yu-ji's tragic death:

During the 12 months to the end of June 2015, 213 people died from 182 fatal crashes involving heavy trucks or buses. These included:

108 deaths from 91 crashes involving articulated trucks
89 deaths from 79 crashes involving heavy rigid trucks
and 19 deaths from 15 crashes involving buses.

Even the stat chart reflects our fluttering feelings

joined Aug 29, 2015

do we really need to compare Citrus and FF? I think both artwork was greatly done by the creator but of course neither of the two are perfect either. both artwork brings a different type of feelings to the readers. Citrus is full of angst that sometimes you just want pull of your hair because of how one-sided the love story develops. while on FF. there are many moments that will just make you squeal.because of how the mutual love story develops.

joined Aug 29, 2015

do we really need to compare Citrus and FF? I think both artwork was greatly done by the creator but of course neither of the two are perfect either. both artwork brings a different type of feelings to the readers. Citrus is full of angst that sometimes you just want pull of your hair because of how one-sided the love story develops. while on FF. there are many moments that will just make you squeal.because of how the mutual love story develops.

joined Jan 31, 2015

Thoughts and FEELINGS by pandaopinion (with some very minor editing):

Honestly, after reading this chapter today, I didn’t really know what to say much. Part of me just feel[s] so hurt and sad for the ending of Yu-ji & Seol-a['s] love story. Their story perished before it even [had] a chance to bloom. It wasn’t that Seol-a didn’t love her. But it was a preconception that Yu-ji held that there is no way they can be together. Their love is not possible and any sign of confession would lead Seol-a to resent Yu-ji in disgust. This is Yu-ji’s assumption and her thoughts drowned her from the truth. And the truth was that Seol-a was capable of loving Yu-ji. They had both had something going for some time despite [neither] really admitting it.

It hurt me to see how difficult it is for 2 girls to really love and be together in Korea or in any other Asian countries (and even in some non-asian countries). I find it painful because I, too, relate to such pain. I know that any LGBTQ individual has faced some type of hardship. The pain of [having feelings] for someone but we know it cannot be. This pain is universal. And I am willing to bet even the great Ssamba might have walked this route once upon a time.

But in this chapter, we see Yu-ji taking this feeling and hardship to a whole new level. Something that even most of us would not attempt. It is turning love into hate. She felt so much [when it came to] Seol-a that the pain of being forgotten by Seol-a is unacceptable. She took it so far that even she could not [have] imagined the deadly repercussion that it had on Seol-a (ex: Seol-a lost trust in people and also her dream of become a dancer.) And, here, it shook me.

I thought love is kind. I thought love is patience. I thought love is wanting the best for someone. I don’t understand why it had to end like this.

And then, I look at young No-Rae and I see innocence in her eyes. To think, only a few years later, she would meet Seol-a, someone who will love her dearly. And I wonder why, why did it happen this way? Why did the love story for Yu-ji & Seol-a didn’t work, and yet [things seem] to go so well with No-Rae & Seol-a?

And, maybe, just maybe, things had to play out this way for No-Rae & Seol-a['s] love story to be successful. I think the ending between Yu-ji & Seol-a is a [mistake] on the part of Yu-ji and Seol-a. One of them should have come clean… But this mistake is necessary for the lesson to be learned.

Maybe Seol-a['s] past with Yu-ji can teach her to value her feeling[s] for No-Rae. Unlike Yu-ji who invalidated her feelings and pushed Seol-a away for the reason that “we are both girls, so it can never be”. Seol-a might have the courage to push past this preconception and believe “Even if we are both girls, we can still be. Our love is true and is legitimate. It is not secondary.”

Maybe it is a good thing that Seol-a['s] confession in chp 47 did not carry through. Maybe there [are] some lessons and events that still need to occur for these 2 main character[s] to accept their feelings and know that it is okay to love, and love a girl.

[happy picture omitted]

I want to quote someone’s comment on facebook.
[Comment] I think it is pretty clear Yu-ji was struggling with having feelings for Seol-A. She was falling in love with her and couldn’t handle it. She attacked Seol-A and rejected her as a way to try and quash emotions she was terrified by and terrified to acknowledge. Then, to top it all, she blamed herself for Seol-A’s injury and suffered in silence with the guilt and the isolation she imposed on herself for not being willing to accept the emotions she felt. Her story is truly a tragedy, and shows how complex and complicated coming out can be. Ssamba has brilliantly shown us a narrative that explains how close love and hate really are... [”]

Disclaimer: This is just my thoughts & opinion. In no way does it reflect the author['s] opinion or even come close to what other viewers may think. I don’t know anything about Ssamba either. I just want to share a bit of emotions and thought I been harboring for this chapter. THIS IS MY PERSONAL OPINION. Btw, sorry for the sad post, here['s] a nice picture.

[nice picture omitted]

Source:
http://pandaopinion.tumblr.com/post/131939258415/fluttering-feeling-chp-49-dead-gone

Now if you excuse me, I will go cry my eyes out now. :'>

last edited at Oct 27, 2015 4:32AM

joined Aug 18, 2015

Thoughts and FEELINGS by pandaopinion (with some very minor editing):

Thanks for sharing the post. I really like his/her analysis.

I thought love is kind. I thought love is patience.

This immediately reminded me of a song called Love Never Fails - https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=RYHClwngQzs

C__data_users_defapps_appdata_internetexplorer_temp_saved%20images_lavender_town_screenshot
joined Dec 9, 2014

Great analysis Anonymous!! I still do wonder how different things would be for Seola and No-Rae if Yu-Ji didn't die. I see a lot of people commenting about Yu-Ji's problem with coming out.I don't think that was the only problem though. As Ssamba seems to focus away the attention (or problem) with sexuality. I have never read anyone saying or thinking "But we're both girls".
So imo, there was already this side of Yu-Ji when she fell for Seol-a. Maybe she would react on a similar way, had she fallen for a guy too. Like wanting him to hurt.
So if she and Seol-a had finally taken things further, they might as well be having problems with their relationship too. Like maybe Yu-Ji getting jealous etc.
Nonetheless, her story is really sad and tragic

joined Aug 18, 2015

Great analysis Anonymous!! I still do wonder how different things would be for Seola and No-Rae if Yu-Ji didn't die. I see a lot of people commenting about Yu-Ji's problem with coming out.I don't think that was the only problem though. As Ssamba seems to focus away the attention (or problem) with sexuality. I have never read anyone saying or thinking "But we're both girls".
So imo, there was already this side of Yu-Ji when she fell for Seol-a. Maybe she would react on a similar way, had she fallen for a guy too. Like wanting him to hurt.
So if she and Seol-a had finally taken things further, they might as well be having problems with their relationship too. Like maybe Yu-Ji getting jealous etc.
Nonetheless, her story is really sad and tragic

Does it matter since Yuji is already death? It's like go on saying what woulda coulda shoulda been when things are all said and done. This 'significant' relationship may contained experience, love, regrets, etc which contributed to the person Seola is right now.

They say it is good to let the feelings out (express/release) when u r upset, angry, disappointed... Yuji chose to write them down. That secret letter is not meant to be read.

last edited at Oct 27, 2015 8:44AM

joined Apr 25, 2015

Ssambe really needs to work on character designs, 90% of them look identical. I was sure it was Seo-la in this chapter, looks like it wasn't.

Untitled-1
joined Aug 29, 2013

How does the ranking system work on Comico again? That is so weird FF keeps ranking third when it got the most hearts total, as well as per chapter.

joined Jan 31, 2015

You may have heard a little while ago about a Korean fandub of Fluttering Feelings chapters by 성우팀Wonder (seong u tim Wonder).

If you want to listen to the chapters, here is a thread with links:

http://dynasty-scans.com/forum/topics/7610-fluttering-feelings-fandub

last edited at Nov 2, 2015 8:51PM

Black-and-white-ed-sheeran-performance-favim.com-1975182
joined Aug 17, 2015

Did the update time change?

HypocriticalLiar
Capture
joined Feb 23, 2015

^ I don't think so [I checked another manhwa lol]. FF has been late on updating in the past...I think the same thing is happening now. Hopefully Samba will get it up w/in the next hour or so...[or god forbid something happened and we get no chapter this week]

EDIT

So Ssamba posted this on her blog. :(

죄송합니다ㅠㅠ;;
사정이 있어 49화는 아무래도 많이..; 늦게 올라올 예정입니다;
무슨 사정인지는 얼른 마감부터 하고 나서 나중에 올리도록 하겠습니다.
늦어도 내일 아침까지는 꼭 보실 수 있도록 서두를게요ㅠㅠ
정말 죄송합니다 여러분..ㅠㅠ
[출처] 49화 늦게 올라올 것 같습니다...|작성자 쌈바

Google translate is translating it into some sort of gibberish, but from what I gather, FF will be late this week by a day (posted Tuesday morning instead of Monday morning).

last edited at Nov 1, 2015 10:12AM

joined May 26, 2015

Did the update time change?

I'm wondering the same here. Maybe it's a little delay.

joined May 26, 2015

So, Boring Sunday for me.... :(

Port
joined Jan 23, 2015

i'm experiencing withdrawal syndrome o_O

Please give me my weekly dose soon ssamba..

Phpol1pm9_c1pm
joined Feb 3, 2015

one day delay is bearable.. boring Sunday but exciting Monday,hopefully

To reply you must either login or sign up.