Forum › Stretch discussion

joined Feb 28, 2015

Why does it have to end?

joined May 7, 2015

Why did he have to end up this here? I didn't noticed that there was 'END' mark in the final page at the first look. Anyway it's too weird timing to end up. Nothing's resolved clearly. It's not that I'm arguing that it must be romantic or something, but still we don't know about a lot of drama behind, such as Keiko's past or Ran's more clear emotion. There's really a tons of things to talk about. I thought it was a good tempo to lead this slow story, but now it suddenly met accident. It's really depressing that watching my one of favorite series messes up ending like this. Honestly, R.I.P for every yuri fans here.

last edited at Oct 14, 2015 6:56PM

Sam1
joined May 11, 2012

Wow, yet another story full of yuri bait that ends with F R I E N D S H I P, color me surprised!
I'm glad it's finally over, this manga has held our hearts hostage for too long.
R-18 sequel when

joined Sep 11, 2014

QueerbaiTed again! HaHaAhaaa you got me that time ; u;

B25e08d9df956cc70b30a6cce4e9e9cb
joined Aug 27, 2013

SSSSSUUUUUUCCCCHHHHH B U L L S H I T, fuck you, Shou. Fuck. You.

joined May 7, 2015

Now I'm a little bit curious that how does it feel to making such a good characters & super yuri vibes and giving nothing to audiences, even knowing accurately what audiences expect.

joined Jan 22, 2015

AHHHHHHHHHHH T.T

Nezchan Moderator
Meiling%20bun%20150px
joined Jun 28, 2012

I'll be honest, now that I've seen the translation....it's actually not that bad. As Tiroskan put it, it's anti-climactic, but it's not a het ending, it doesn't actually close any doors, nobody's broken-hearted.

Pretty much how I feel about it.

I was a tad bit surprised I don't have any strong feelings one way or the other but at the same time I'm not. I guess it was 'okay', it's not great because of being on the fence basically all the way and it's far from meh because of the characters and the narration when the latter was well done - and surprisingly enough that would also be my rating for Stretch now that all is said and drawn. It's okay.

It's certainly fitting with the subtext-heavy, you have to pore over details to get half the story, ambiguous sort of story Shou was writing, and I can respect that. But it's still a bit of an odd choice, to wrap the whole thing up by...not wrapping things up, and essentially leave what's probably a decent portion of the audience questioning whether it was worth the wait. Because ideally, that's the audience he'll take with him to his next serious project, and so forth.

Tag%20rock%20snake
joined Aug 16, 2014

I like this ending, especially as they parted with a 'see you later' rather than a 'goodbye'

Untitle435ed34qwrqwd
joined May 15, 2014

whelp RIP me if it just ends like this who wants my account cuz i wont be needing it.

i hoped i would be wrong

Rosmontis
Nevrilicious Scans
joined Jun 5, 2015

Well, let's give Shou some credit. He definitely taught us how to stretch our imagination ;x

last edited at Oct 14, 2015 7:08PM

Fetish%20notebook%20lsmol
joined May 20, 2013

Well that was a stretch

=Thwack!= Nandeyanen.

joined May 20, 2013

I will happily buy this entire series from shou in paper form

piss all over it

and then send it back

because that's what he did with my hopes and dreams

2x2-shinobuden-m001
joined Dec 14, 2014

Because ideally, that's the audience he'll take with him to his next serious project, and so forth.

I unsuscribed Stretch, thought about Prism again and then subscribed to Shou on a whim. I'm not sure I'm going to read everything he puts out but I'd like to at least know about new stuff.

I like this ending, especially as they parted with a 'see you later' rather than a 'goodbye'

Is the first panel from when Ran moved in or is that supposed to be a glimpse of when she goes to visit Keiko?

e: words are hard, hitting the sack.

last edited at Oct 14, 2015 7:15PM

Tumblr_mqinmkbx2d1rryr50o1_1280
joined Jun 11, 2013

The stretch became to long, so they ended things.

Fashion%20monster
joined May 28, 2012

W...why though?

WHY THOUGH??

Gay%20cum
joined Jul 16, 2013

I don't get why something so boring has so many replies...
That's the fascinating part.

Alice Cheshire Moderator
Dynasty_misc015
joined Nov 7, 2014

I'm not really surprised it ended this way, just a little bit disappointed that we didn't get something at least a little bit more concrete than that.

HypocriticalLiar
Capture
joined Feb 23, 2015

what. the. fuck.

i am so disappointed i can't even [to think i was about to start gushing with the hug and the "i will miss you" ugh]

joined May 20, 2013

Its like those dudes that keep going to the strip club thinking that the stripper REALLY LIKES them?

That's us.

We're the dudes.

And the strip club just closed for the night.

And us with our (figurative) blue balls.

Img_283753346996831
joined Jan 12, 2014

end... End.. END?!!!
WHAT THE FUCK SHOU

Yuri
joined May 11, 2015

I really hate it if a mangaka wrote a lot of chapters just to turn his complete work into shit with the last few pages.

Stretch was really nice, I didn't need any Yuri, but the ending made this manga so damn worthless and all I feel is I wasted my time on reading this. I really Hope this gets a sequel. But then again, ain't this author known for not ending his works or just turning them into shit? Maybe it's time to put him onto my block list...

Well, tbh this kind of ending is kind of expected. Look at how shou represents the important chapters in the past. He was pretty much clear that they (ran and keiko) wouldn't be doing romantic stuff in the Manga itself. Everything was pretty much open for our imagination.

IMO, this ending fits with the whole theme of the Manga. It's light, fun, sometimes a bit serious, and not complicated.

As I wrote before. I don't need Yuri in this Story. A non Yuri way is fine with me. It's just this whole story seems so damn pointless to me after reading the end. The met, the lived together, they go separate ways in 45 chapters - and no one gave a fucking shit about it. To me it seems like the whole point of the story was to write and maybe sell something and after about 40-42 chapters the author suddenly felt like "meh fuck this shit, not doing this any more".

In German I'd say the ending was "dahingeklatscht" roughly translating to doing something half-heartedly just to get done with it.

F4x-3lwx0aa0tcu31
joined Apr 20, 2013

Its like those dudes that keep going to the strip club thinking that the stripper REALLY LIKES them?

B-But Shou said that I wasn't like the other clients that come to the club! he said that I was his favorite...

I like the "Until the next time" because we don't know where the heck Keiko is going and we don't know what was the message in their cellphones or the afterword or extra chapter... We can still dream.

BUT that "FRIENDS FOREVER" damn! That was intentionally put there to hurt us.

The%20scientist%20edit
joined Mar 9, 2013

Wait, is that it? Well, guess I'll go sit in a corner for a little bit.

62342532_p4_3
joined May 27, 2015

I'm with Grim Eater here. Granted, I haven't read Stretch, except for the last half of the last chapter. Delusions of yuri aside, after skimming some of the comments here I take it that it's got good characterization/interpersonal relationships/"genuine feelings" or whatever. That's nice.

That's us.

We're the dudes.

And the strip club just closed for the night.

And us with our (figurative) blue balls.

Haha, that's quite the way to put it. My condolences.

To reply you must either login or sign up.