Forum › As Yet I Have No Name discussion

Dark_Tzitzimine
67763073_p3
joined Dec 18, 2013

Really cute but I have to admit that if weren't by the pronouns I'd think this was an ordinary shoujo.

joined Nov 11, 2010

For me, this is yuri because Kazuma Kowo's style is instantly recognizable. But I also think it's recognizable in the storytelling too. I haven't particularly often encountered this character dynamic (Kisaragi's confidence, Amamori's aloofness). It's pretty enjoyable as a setup.

Actually, I think I enjoy these setup chapters a bit more than the original followup chapter ("Recalculation"). Kisaragi's actions seem a bit less forceful/manipulative with the additional context. But yeah, either way I don't really have a problem seeing the characters as girls.

Imagesn79yw9ay
joined Jan 27, 2012

So food is the way to a boi's heart, huh.

Gits-innocence4
joined Sep 22, 2013

Is anyone able to comment on whether this series is finished, or if/when any additional chapters are due to be uploaded? I really like these opening pieces and would really like to see how the story progresses.

Thank you in advance, future comment-y person!

(Apologies if this comes across as a little self-entitled - I have naught but thanks to offer both the scanlators (whatever their respective job may be!) and DynastyScans for making the work available in the first place (as well as Kenzuma Kowo, of course))

last edited at Nov 15, 2014 5:29PM

Tumblr_nsb2wsngkl1t0bs5do3_250
joined Jul 2, 2013

Is anyone able to comment on whether this series is finished, or if/when any additional chapters are due to be uploaded?

There's a third chapter along with a few extra pages.

Gits-innocence4
joined Sep 22, 2013

Is anyone able to comment on whether this series is finished, or if/when any additional chapters are due to be uploaded?

There's a third chapter along with a few extra pages.

Thaaaaaank you!

%d0%a1%d0%bd%d0%b8%d0%bc%d0%be%d0%ba
joined Nov 10, 2013

Soooo... any news?

Img_1317
joined Jan 19, 2015

cricket cricket

Ozy_avatar
joined Jan 30, 2013

I wonder - has anyone read "I am a cat"? Is there any relation except the name homage?

Received_468649373647826
joined May 24, 2015

is she wearing a pant under her skirt?

Easypart
joined May 28, 2014

I wonder - has anyone read "I am a cat"? Is there any relation except the name homage?

It is freely available online
I'm gonna try reading it when not reading manga. (this century sometime.. really!!)

joined Mar 25, 2013

Oh wow, it's been over a year since a new chapter has been out xD

Profile2
joined Aug 8, 2015

Just, why a girl MUST look ONLY feminine? I can't understand this. Femininity is inside the body, in my opinion. Every girl is free to wear or seem as she wants, stop. Btw, I prefer close these brackets. I liked this chapter, it is so calm and sort of relaxing (for me). I like the new student's charm. However, I hope that the next chapter will be more interesting.
Ps. My God, the other protagonist's hairstyle is just like mine. I've finally found someone that seems me. LOL

Well, in my opinion, it's not that she must only look feminine.
It's not about being feminine at all.
But you can usually tell a girl is a girl, even if she's being unfeminine.
Even if it's manga.
Take Naoto shirogane for example, or Kase in Asagao to Kase-san.
This artist's style just makes it look like a dude, and it doesn't help his style is reminiscent of shoujo manga..
It's not about what she wears, of course not. But the shape of her body, her body language itself, the way her clothes "fall" on her body (as unimportant as it may seem, it actually makes a huge difference when it comes to drawing people of different genders)
Generally I wouldn't mind, I actually like shoujos (even if I have a lot of conflict with their narratives). And I'm a girl who wears all different kinds of clothing, even really boyish ones. Hell, if this were a "FtM trans dating a girl", I would totally go for it. Those kinda unpopular stories always have interesting characters.
But this is kinda 'sold' as "yuri/shoujo ai".
And I do come here to read those genres...
So yeh, it's kind of a downer when I can't immerse myself in the world of the author and actually believe it :/
EDIT: I'm loving the Pure Water Adolescence series from this author. One of the first authors that actually make me like age gap yuri stories!

last edited at Aug 19, 2015 11:40PM

Z%20ss
joined Oct 15, 2013

thats all?... That was... kinda underwhelming... oh, well... i guess...

is the "Interim Solution" some kind of extra that comes after the last chapter?

joined Mar 25, 2013

So it backfired in the end huh? That's good. Recalculation though seems like it was written before the three chapters and extra, it would've been more in character for the black haired one to walk away and not get stuck on 'I don't understand you'.

I'm still glad that Hinako is not playing her anymore.

Ress_artist_ava
joined Mar 16, 2013

is the "Interim Solution" some kind of extra that comes after the last chapter?

Sounds like that to me. They're talking about lights out, so it seems the relationship progressed further than what was shown in ch 3. Could be teasing, but since it's coming from the black haired girl i would still call that progress^^
And she used her first name.

Loved this. Would have been awesome if it was longer but oh well, still nice.

Vegitab%20profile%20pic%20smoll%20tumblr
joined Sep 21, 2014

FINALLY
Finally got to find out how/to what point their relationship progressed <3333
Seems like short hair reciprocates now, even asking if she wants to stay over, with a CLEAR idea in mind of what the means

Korrasami-avatar-the-legend-of-korra-30972763-500-326
joined Aug 22, 2014

I wish it would have continued!!!

Blakeysquare
Yuri Project
joined Sep 15, 2013

Thiron:
Is there any relation except the name homage?

Probably an arbitrary throwaway to the most famous opening lines in Japanese literature, like that dreadful Kawai Roh series that name-checks No Longer Human. Compare a book about golf titled To Tee or Not to Tee - it doesn't actually have anything to do with Hamlet.

(various):
Not yuri - one of the characters looks kinda boyish

This seems more like a parody of something you might expect to find on the Dynasty forums than an actual topic of discussion.

Img_1317
joined Jan 19, 2015

my heart just melted into a pile of goop. wonderful. that was too cute.

joined Jan 22, 2015

If you think the tomboy girl is too manly to be a girl then you haven't read enough manga. Try getting into some good works with traps. That'll broaden your horizons on this whole gender issue. Personally? I just like girls, all girls. The only ones I don't like are obese girls. But hey, there's several threads on 4chan full of people that like big women so I guess there's someone out there for everyone. Moving along...

Bondage%20fairies%20collection%20%20%20%232%20-%20page%204
joined Dec 16, 2013

tomboys are hot!!

S129
joined Aug 2, 2015

Finally! This mini series has finished and I can put my heart to rest.
It looks like they end up in a relationship, yet still refuse to call it by name. Feels more like a game between these two rather than anything o.o oh well, at least it's done.

Yuu
joined Mar 28, 2015

I'm on team lights off.

joined Aug 15, 2015

And I'm on I-want-explicit-detail-of-whatever-happen-under-that-light-on-or-off faction.

To reply you must either login or sign up.