Forum › As Yet I Have No Name discussion

Secretnamorifan11
joined Jul 17, 2013

It's all a matter of preference. As long as it's a girl (only in manga).

2641afdd-9dc4-4327-a1c3-a5b558c33522
joined Mar 12, 2014

y'know I really didn't see the whole 'looks-like-a-boy' thing as a thing, yeah she is tomboyish, but then so are a load of other girls in other yuris. I get where people are coming from though. Still loving the dynamic between these two, it's really interesting! Hopefully it'll keep up, though one of them has to crack first and I'm kind of hoping it'll be the girl who's trolling. Would make a nice twist.

last edited at Apr 11, 2014 2:36PM

Jackavi
joined Feb 23, 2014

eh this is a het in yuri clothing but i still have the capacity to find it cute if only for the very unique and tbh awesome interactions between the two here

last edited at Jun 18, 2014 5:16PM

Ozy_avatar
joined Jan 30, 2013

this...
...awesome

Book%20and%20cloakhbq1
joined Aug 1, 2011

eh this is a het in yuri clothing but i still have the capacity to find it cute if only for the very unique and tbh awesome interactions between the two here

It is?

%d0%a1%d0%bd%d0%b8%d0%bc%d0%be%d0%ba
joined Nov 10, 2013

It is?

Yep, It really looks like that.

Not a bad chapter, but I'd like too see more plot development.

joined Sep 3, 2013

Is it just me or do the faces get deformed quite a lot, eyes and mouths seem to shift oddly at some parts... looks bad imho.

I actually like it a lot. I love the author's style. It's very playful.

Okami Uploader
joined Aug 1, 2013

I don't even care that she (Amamori?) looks like a boy or that the artwork isn't "spectacular" (I actually really like the artwork), the story is adorable to me.

Setsuko2
joined Jan 20, 2014

why does she looking like a boy make this any less of a yuri? that's being incredibly superficial. having a preference for girly girls over tomboy girls is fine, but don't deny that a tomboy is also a girl and say this is just a het story lol.

Kitsune Spirit
Kokkurisanicon
joined Apr 8, 2013

squees Yet another chapter of too cute for works budding romance!!

Kyoko_and_chinatsu_cinema
joined Aug 22, 2013

This is so damn cute. I don't think she looks like a boy, in fact, she's really pretty. And the story looks promising.

Toffee%20copy%202
joined Jan 2, 2014

why does she looking like a boy make this any less of a yuri? that's being incredibly superficial. having a preference for girly girls over tomboy girls is fine, but don't deny that a tomboy is also a girl and say this is just a het story lol.

agreed

Dynasty%20necromancer
joined Mar 6, 2014

Wait, this is still a thing? Sweet

joined Apr 13, 2012

Had to reread the last chapter to get this one! I just love Kazuma Kowo's works, and i love her style. The main characters, 10/10 would bang so no problem there, loving them girls so far ~

joined Apr 12, 2014

my gosh this is freakishly cute <3333 going to be one of my new faves

Nicouriconimp%20140px
joined Sep 5, 2012

I love how Kazuma-sensei's work had that freedom in it. It really distinguished with other styles. Just like my other favorite yuri artist, Konno Kita.
And I really like the pairing, the interactions and ofc the yuri stuff. I will be waiting for more.

2641afdd-9dc4-4327-a1c3-a5b558c33522
joined Mar 12, 2014

aaa these guys are pretty sweet! im liking how laid back and chilled this is so far, though im sure there will be dramaaa later on hahaa

Doggirls-small
joined Jan 2, 2014

You had me worried for a second here. I thought you meant it was going to turn het in the next chapters.

230px-ray_the_animation
joined Feb 2, 2013

thanks to yuri project, i was waiting patiently for something from this artist,
it's one of the first yuri artist i read, and the author of one of the few age gap i liked.

i think this needs the tsundere tag

last edited at Jun 19, 2014 6:30AM

Dynasty
joined Apr 18, 2013

I prefer "girly" girls too, but I think the girl with short hair isn't really boyish. She just has short hair and tries to be cool, but in reality her reactions are pretty cute. And I also think you can enjoy the story even if you are not "sexually attracted" to the characters. :D :D :D If you only read stories with girls which are exactly your type, you would miss many great pieces. :)

Sj%20celine%20icon
joined Mar 2, 2013

I'm actually getting slightly put off because we're beating the whole "looks like a boy" sentiment into the ground. As an androgynous genderfluid lesbian it is really off putting to see those comments because it is a huge slap in the face by societal standards and I feel like people don't understand how detrimental that mentality is. I know that it's a preference and an opinion but when I see so many comments along the lines of "this isn't yuri that girl is basically a boy" it just feels like general disdain which is actually hurtful.

I wasn't going to say anything originally but 3 pages later we're STILL talking about it and that is concerning and as I said off putting. I know I shouldn't expect the discussion area to conform to my feelings but, I shouldn't feel ashamed or afraid when looking at comments.

Jackavi
joined Feb 23, 2014

Its not that, its that this doesn't feel like it was intended to be yuri, the other girl could be a guy and it would change nothing, besides i thought i just said i didn't care i still find it cute and love their reactions

Dd
joined Sep 22, 2013

Really cute and interesting.. Unfortunately, the chapters seems uploading really slowly.. but it doesn't matter. The story is nice and the characters too. I hope there will be more yuri and, obviously, I totally don't care about the physical aspect of the "tomboy" one UwU

Icon-2
joined Sep 24, 2013

I like girly girls, but I like boyish ones too! They're female as long as they identify themselves as such, in my opinion.

On another note, the interactions between them are really interesting. Kisaragi is confident that she can develop a relationship with the tomboyish girl (does she have a name?), but the tomboyish girl just wants to stay aloof and not get affected by anybody. The needling feels less like teasing and more like a struggle for dominance/assertion of personality on both sides, which I don't remember seeing in other romance works. It's nice that it's still getting scanlated/has finished being scanlated.

...By the way, does anybody else think that Kisaragi looks a bit like Irisviel from Fate/Zero or is it just me?

Lifecharacter
Canaan2
joined May 9, 2013

Its not that, its that this doesn't feel like it was intended to be yuri, the other girl could be a guy and it would change nothing.

And what, exactly makes this feel like it wasn't intended to be yuri? The tomboy? The fact that neither of them have gone "B-but we're both girls!" or delivered some soliloquy about growing up homosexual? Thing is that the only thing that distinguishes het and yuri are the genders of those involved, not whether the characters run down some checklist or look overly feminine. Yeah, this could easily be het, but it could also be yaoi and pretty much any other story that just involves two schoolchildren interacting in school could have their genders swapped around to change the genre.

...By the way, does anybody else think that Kisaragi looks a bit like Irisviel from Fate/Zero or is it just me?

Yep. It's the hair part and the way brown hair is white in Black/White coloring.

last edited at Jun 22, 2014 2:23AM

To reply you must either login or sign up.