Forum › Fragments of Love discussion

Random Reader
joined Nov 30, 2011

kyra

now that i've read it again, i'm surprisingly ok with this ending. yes, it was disappointing that we got a bunch of chapters about mayu and mika only for them to not end up together but looking back it might've been out of character for mika to fall for mayu when she insisted that she's not into younger girls. besides, it doesn't seem as though mayu or saki is unhappy with how things are so it's a good end, not the ending i would've liked, but a good end nonetheless.

This is what I've been saying the whole time. The ending was not that bad but most were gnashing their teeth. Glad to see I'm not the only one that likes the ending as it is.

Ymir-and-christa-lenz-historia-reiss-shingeki-no-kyojin-kittyluv57-38197762-736-429
joined May 19, 2014

I am thoroughly confused by the ending.

Roomie
joined Mar 9, 2014

kyra

now that i've read it again, i'm surprisingly ok with this ending. yes, it was disappointing that we got a bunch of chapters about mayu and mika only for them to not end up together but looking back it might've been out of character for mika to fall for mayu when she insisted that she's not into younger girls. besides, it doesn't seem as though mayu or saki is unhappy with how things are so it's a good end, not the ending i would've liked, but a good end nonetheless.

This is what I've been saying the whole time. The ending was not that bad but most were gnashing their teeth. Glad to see I'm not the only one that likes the ending as it is.

I personally didn't like what we had before this last chapter because it was all about Mika's (love life) development but there was absolutely no conclusion, we didn't see her embracing a new love. With this last chapter, I like it better. Still disappointed we didn't get to see much about it

last edited at May 21, 2015 7:54AM

OriginalGengar
Kira%202
joined Nov 29, 2014

kyra

I agree. Rereading without the wrong expectations does wonders for this series.

Nezchan Moderator
Meiling%20bun%20150px
joined Jun 28, 2012

So is this everything, or is there still more Love & Piece and/or extras still to come? I want to read it all at once, so as to get the full effect of the series, but I don't want to if there's still bits missing.

Nezchan Moderator
Meiling%20bun%20150px
joined Jun 28, 2012

FWIW, while it's a bit disappointing that Jin brought a new character in at the end who we don't even get to know anything about, at least it takes care of my main criticism that the main line seemed to wrap up without resolving Mika's character arc which was all about not sabotaging potential relationships any more, and actually taking a few risks romantically to find happiness.

OriginalGengar
Kira%202
joined Nov 29, 2014

So is this everything, or is there still more Love & Piece and/or extras still to come? I want to read it all at once, so as to get the full effect of the series, but I don't want to if there's still bits missing.

Here's the table of content
Seems like 5 chapters and an intermission are still missing.

last edited at May 21, 2015 10:35AM

Dynasty Scans
joined Oct 8, 2010

Nezchan

it's a bit disappointing that Jin brought a new character in at the end who we don't even get to know anything about

yea, i definitely get what you mean. it's like when animes end with a flashforward-vignette showing the conclusion without explaining how they got there. it's a bit of lazy story telling. still, seeing as how this is about mika growing as a person i guess it could be forgiven that jin chose to not go into detail about this new love interest.

there are a few more loose threads that need tying up as well, for example takako and yui. it'd be kinda pointless to have all those chapters featuring their past without it meaning anything. though given their current situation, i wouldn't be surprised if we're back to square 1.

on that note, am i the only one who feels like jin is not very good at wrapping things up? her one shots are great, but for longer series the ending often feels a bit abrupt or rushed. that, or the ending is so obvious during the first chapter that it feels all the ones in the middle were a bit redundant.

Nezchan Moderator
Meiling%20bun%20150px
joined Jun 28, 2012

Oh yeah, it's not about the other girl but about Mika. So we don't need to know about her, just Mika's reaction to her. But it's hard not to be curious.

joined Jul 8, 2013

Don't like this ending. Boo. I regret everything. Honestly though, what bothers me the most is that they kind of implied that Mayu and Saki got together eventually.

last edited at May 21, 2015 12:49PM

Dynasty Scans
joined Oct 8, 2010

Nezchan

But it's hard not to be curious

whoever she is, she'll always be inferior to mayu in my heart.

Kitsune Spirit
Kokkurisanicon
joined Apr 8, 2013

I am thoroughly confused by the ending.

Oh good, I thought I was the only one!

Screenshot_2018-10-31%20dynasty%20reader%20%c2%bb%20fusoroi%20no%20renri%20ch13
joined Jul 1, 2014

Nezchan

But it's hard not to be curious

whoever she is, she'll always be inferior to mayu in my heart.

mayuxmika 4 life!

Mei%20mei
joined Dec 14, 2013

it was great but I was hoping to know what happened between takako and yui but it never showed. I mean, i want to know how she got the friggin scar and how did yui do it? did they get together? `cuz like yui asked those questions like "do i turn you on?" and that time that she said "i'm hungry" i could've sworn that i thought she was going to back hug takako

I also wanted to know what happened to saki and mayu afterwards though.. even though it was implied that they could've gotten together i wanted to see it happen T...T sobs

great manga but kinda a cliff hanger ending and lotsa plot holes, especially at the point where Takeyama Jin didn't even show us the face of Mika's new love uhhhh .....

last edited at May 22, 2015 5:57AM

Roomie
joined Mar 9, 2014

it was great but I was hoping to know what happened between takako and yui but it never showed. I mean, i want to know how she got the friggin scar and how did yui do it? did they get together? `cuz like yui asked those questions like "do i turn you on?" and that time that she said "i'm hungry" i could've sworn that i thought she was going to back hug takako

I also wanted to know what happened to saki and mayu afterwards though.. even though it was implied that they could've gotten together i wanted to see it happen T...T sobs

great manga but kinda a cliff hanger ending and lotsa plot holes, especially at the point where Takeyama Jin didn't even show us the face of Mika's new love uhhhh .....

I don't think Love and Piece is finished yet, there are more chapters

ChocolateCakeLover
Gigi7
joined Feb 4, 2015

Was Saki the glasses girl? Why on earth do people want her to get with Mayu? She was a terrible character, had be gnashing my teeth whenever she was on panel.

Cyfer Uploader
513ovydfscl
Divulge Scans
joined Jun 17, 2014

Here's the table of content
Seems like 5 chapters and an intermission are still missing.

There are still three more chapters left in Volume 2, first. So ... 8 more pieces total?

Ai,yo
joined Dec 24, 2014

Takeyama

A faithful long-term fan, indeed.

1227d27ec431e624d6707b0a66b81869
joined Dec 14, 2014

D'aaww..Its actually peaceful seeing them in the cafe.

ChocolateCakeLover
Gigi7
joined Feb 4, 2015

Finally read that last chapter, and I think it made the ending even worse.

The love interest you don't get to know I can forgive, but the insinuation that Saki and Mayu got together really pissde me off. WHAT THE HELL WAS THE POINT OF THE REJECTION! I didn't even find it subtle enough that I can pretend it didn't happen. Crappy relationship, crappy resolution, crappy retcon. Unfortunately, the masochist in me means that this is the first work I think of when I think 'Takemiya Jin', why when she has so much better stuff? Stupid, stupid brain.

Edit: Reminds me of Shitsurakuen, a bad ending made worse by the second ending. Worse for Shitsurakuen of course because the author was actively trying to fix it but similar none the less.

last edited at May 30, 2015 7:24PM

joined Apr 26, 2014

Awww. . Come on men . Next chap please

Nevri Uploader
Rosmontis
Nevrilicious Scans
joined Jun 5, 2015

Series ended. There are only few chapters of side story left.

Biatch, that gurl was ready to KILL her LOVELIEST friend or whatever they are! She was OUT OF HER MIND! O_O
... Still would like to see if they ever really end up TOGETHER together, that cafe woman and her roommate... >~<

Sensei
joined Nov 28, 2011

But she isn't out of reach. She's been in love with you since high school. If you just took that one step forward, you'd be in her arms x.x

Is this the last one?

last edited at Sep 21, 2015 10:23AM

pkChinensis Uploader
Lililicious
joined Jan 9, 2011

Is this the last one?

It's the last "Love & Piece," but these characters appear again in the volume 3 extras.

To reply you must either login or sign up.