Forum › Fragments of Love discussion

ChocolateCakeLover
Gigi7
joined Feb 4, 2015

Sorry, but in no way I can call this rape. At all. Cause - it's not blackmail either
I mean, the guy's scum, but he's not threatening her. Luring more like, but she's not forced into that choice.
Not breaking up isn't a threat. More like a cheat or unfair "trade" - but I can't call it rape. Doesn't mean it's a right thing to do though, of course.

It's a liberal definition of blackmail... *sulks

Would you prefer extortion as a definition? Double checking google out of paranoia-

the practice of obtaining something, especially money, through force or threats.

Something being sex and threat being that of inaction regarding the break up.

last edited at Apr 28, 2015 4:53PM

Thiaguinho-sama
Homu%20avatar
joined May 11, 2012

Sorry, but in no way I can call this rape. At all. Cause - it's not blackmail either
I mean, the guy's scum, but he's not threatening her. Luring more like, but she's not forced into that choice.
Not breaking up isn't a threat. More like a cheat or unfair "trade" - but I can't call it rape. Doesn't mean it's a right thing to do though, of course.

Normally in blackmail the person don't really have a choice except do what they're told, she had choice, so it's not really blackmail, and when you make a "special" person have sex with, don't that count as rape? cause I'm starting to think she's not "normal" in a mentally challenged way...

last edited at Apr 28, 2015 4:52PM

ChocolateCakeLover
Gigi7
joined Feb 4, 2015

Normally in blackmail the person don't really have a choice except do what they're told, she had choice, so it's not really blackmail, and when you make a "special" person have sex with, don't that count as rape? cause I'm starting to think she's not "normal" in a mentally challenged way...

Would you prefer extortion as a definition? Double checking google out of paranoia-

the practice of obtaining something, especially money, through force or threats.

Ozy_avatar
joined Jan 30, 2013

Again, it's not a threat of "not breaking up", but rather a "deal" of "breaking up". Because, how is "not breaking up" a threat here?

Would you also call someone offering to, for example, pay $100k for sex as blackmail? (Assuming other person doesn't need that money to survive or something like that)

last edited at Apr 28, 2015 4:57PM

Thiaguinho-sama
Homu%20avatar
joined May 11, 2012

But he didn't really used force or threats, she wanted him to break up with her friend, and he offered a deal, she had choice...

And it could be worse, I know a manga where a girl didn't have a choice but use her body to pay for ice cream...

last edited at Apr 28, 2015 4:58PM

ChocolateCakeLover
Gigi7
joined Feb 4, 2015

Again, it's not a threat of "not breaking up", but rather a "bargain" of "breaking up". Because, how is "not breaking up" a threat here?

Would you also call someone offering to, for example, pay $100k for sex as blackmail? (Assuming other person doesn't need that money to survive or something like that)

As a relativist, I don't see the situations as similar enough to merit a common perspective of it. I get what you're saying, but as far as I'm concerned, because sex is superfluous to the original request and obviously not desired by the girl, it comes off differently to me than it does you.

I have a feeling you won't agree though, we seem to have differing perspectives on the circumstance, so agree to disagree.

But he didn't really used force or threats, she wanted him to break up with her friend, and he offered a deal, she had choice...

As far as I'm concerned, he's threatening her with not breaking up unless she fulfills his request.

last edited at Apr 28, 2015 5:02PM

Ozy_avatar
joined Jan 30, 2013

Again, it's not a threat of "not breaking up", but rather a "bargain" of "breaking up". Because, how is "not breaking up" a threat here?

As a relativist, I don't see the situations as similar enough to merit a common perspective of it. I get what you're saying, but as far as I'm concerned, because sex is superfluous to the original request and obviously not desired by the girl, it comes off differently to me than it does you.

I have a feeling you won't agree though, we seem to have differing perspectives on the circumstance, so agree to disagree.

Hm, so if a person doesn't like their job, it's forced labor?
The difference, in my opinion, is whether the person "needs" or "wants" the choice they're offered. If it's a "need", then it's "forced", and can be called "rape". If it's a "want" - then not. And in this case it's a "want".

Not breaking up is not a threat. Returning to my example, it's like saying "I won't give you lots of money if you don't sleep with me" is a threat.

last edited at Apr 28, 2015 5:15PM

Roomie
joined Mar 9, 2014

Honestly, it will feel so empty if at the end there is nothing more than them staying friends...

ChocolateCakeLover
Gigi7
joined Feb 4, 2015

Hm, so if a person doesn't like their job, it's forced labor?
The difference, in my opinion, is whether the person "needs" or "wants" the choice they're offered. If it's a "need", then it's "forced", and can be called "rape". If it's a "want" - then not. And in this case it's a "want".

See the relativist bit, I don't believe that because one situation resembles another that it should be used to determine the morality in another. In the case you show, someone not liking there job is a necessary sacrifice for society at large, where as here, one person is using leverage he has over another for extra-ordinary gains, so I don't see the as compatible. I can see how you do, but we have differing views it seems, on the wider application of ethics.

I can see the case for rape, but the definition I posted for extortion is from the perspective of the person doing the extorting after the fact - meaning that it is entirely possible for someone faced with the possibility of being extorted not to be.

There is also the issue of manipulation of emotions regarding the issue of forced. Some people act irrationally when something precious is at stake, and I believe this should be considered when defining rape.

I don't think our outlook is all that compatible to come to an agreement though, I fully accept what you're saying as reasonable, but it doesn't change what I think.

last edited at Apr 28, 2015 5:15PM

joined Jul 8, 2013

Honestly, it will feel so empty if at the end there is nothing more than them staying friends...

We've already been told that that's EXACTLY what's gonna happen.

ChocolateCakeLover
Gigi7
joined Feb 4, 2015

Believe in the retcon.

joined Jul 8, 2013

Straight yuri girl? you're a straight girl that like yuri or you're a yuri girl (lesbian) that go straight for the yuri and don't care for the rest?

The second of course. Yuri is the main outlet for the (single) lesbian that I am.

Edit: I have a friend who is a straight girl that likes some yuri.

I must say I'm jealous, not everyone can be a lesbian, or have friends irl that like yuri...

Wait, you mean there are other people irl that like yuri...? I thought they were all myths...I was 99% sure that all other commenters on this site were simply robots lol.

joined Jul 8, 2013

Believe in the retcon.

I'm not one to give myself false hope without any sort of reason to believe otherwise lol.

Roomie
joined Mar 9, 2014

Where ? In the adult side of the series ? There might be some more story about them adult... I will follow this one till the end, might as well be optimistic x)

ChocolateCakeLover
Gigi7
joined Feb 4, 2015

Believe in the retcon.

I'm not one to give myself false hope without any sort of reason to believe otherwise lol.

Worst comes to worse, ignore what the author has written and believe in the head cannon.

Where ? In the adult side of the series ? There might be some more story about them adult... I will follow this one till the end, might as well be optimistic x)

To be fair, I don't think their relationship was all that clearly defined. At least not in the sense that a word like friends could define it. They seemed to occupy some middle ground.

I think.

Going off of memory here, mine ain't great.

last edited at Apr 28, 2015 5:26PM

Dark_Tzitzimine
67763073_p3
joined Dec 18, 2013

Ugh. the story was bad enough already but now is horrible

joined Jul 8, 2013

Believe in the retcon.

Worst comes to worse, ignore what the author has written and believe in the head cannon.

To be fair, I don't think their relationship was all that clearly defined. At least not in the sense that a word like friends could define it. They seemed to occupy some middle ground.

I think.

Sadly, I'm a pretty fucking literal person so head canons are things that I'm literally incapable of believing in Q.Q...I can hope for it, but the moment they say "No, that's not gonna happen" I'm done for lol. My literal-ness (pretty sure that's not a word lol) is also why I fucking hate western comics and their 239859478543985734985 different universes and alternate timelines, because, to me, everything that happens in one timeline, may as well have happened in the main timeline...*sigh* I'm a very sad person.....lol
I also REALLY, REALLY hate implied endings. You know those times where something ends but blackouts before the conclusion for a "you decide what happened" kinda things. Because to me it may as well have just not ended. I'm well aware of how off-topic I went lol. Just venting my frustration at the universe right now.

joined Oct 3, 2014

sigh this is some very level-headed decision making

ಠ_ಠ

ChocolateCakeLover
Gigi7
joined Feb 4, 2015

I think.

Sadly, I'm a pretty fucking literal person so head canons are things that I'm literally incapable of believing in Q.Q...I can hope for it, but the moment they say "No, that's not gonna happen" I'm done for lol. My literal-ness (pretty sure that's not a word lol) is also why I fucking hate western comics and their 239859478543985734985 different universes and alternate timelines, because, to me, everything that happens in one timeline, may as well have happened in the main timeline...*sigh* I'm a very sad person.....lol
I also REALLY, REALLY hate implied endings. You know those times where something ends but blackouts before the conclusion for a "you decide what happened" kinda things. Because to me it may as well have just not ended. I'm well aware of how off-topic I went lol. Just venting my frustration at the universe right now.

Fair enough. I know what it's like being absolutely literal, I myself was like that, so I underwent training (dicking around on the internet being sad) to change. Now I still get sad, then I get angry, then I get my word processor open and fix it.

Kind of makes me a prick as far as respecting the author though, because I dismiss their work in favour of my own.

Take pride in being a sad person, I do! Actually, that doesn't sound helpful at all.

'You decide' endings are pretty terrible, usually. Can't recall a good one. Makes the author seem lazy, or uncertain about their work.

Be nice to the universe. It takes a lot of abuse.

Screenshot_2016-12-27-13-58-01-1
joined Mar 23, 2014

My day was already bad as it is and now I feel even worse reading this T_T

joined Apr 28, 2015

Ikr....
sigh*
I'm guessing the next chapter will be more worst than this.. Q_Q

last edited at Apr 28, 2015 6:08PM

joined Mar 23, 2013

No need to headcanon this, all you have to do is enjoy the suffering of others.

ChocolateCakeLover
Gigi7
joined Feb 4, 2015

Ikr....
sigh*
I'm guessing the next chapter will be more worst than this.. Q_Q

Thirty pages showing the sex and the girls slow conversion to het.

All have close up penis shots.

Tohka%20not%20crying
joined Jun 6, 2014

I just hope that Yui at least as the capability to not judge when she ultimately finds out about this.

And can at least understand the ultimatum that was forced upon her.

Roomie
joined Mar 9, 2014

I just hope that Yui at least as the capability to not judge when she ultimately finds out about this.

And can at least understand the ultimatum that was forced upon her.

She stab her, I don't know if it count as not judging x)

last edited at Apr 28, 2015 6:46PM

To reply you must either login or sign up.