Forum › Tachibanakan -ToLie- Triangle discussion

E19418efd5cf90129f366e240e5156b3
joined Sep 12, 2014

Ah, the kuudere! The one dere that's superior to the tsundere in cuteness, in my not so honest opinion. Especially when they're trying to be forward, which it looks like Iori is going to be.

joined Sep 15, 2013

This is perfect

X
joined Jan 6, 2014

Childhood friend and love triangle together is just not my taste.
Since I'm on the childhood friend side.
But those Japanese mangaka always make the childhood friend lose in a love triangle T__T

Top%20tier
joined May 13, 2015

this reminds me so much of a harem, but even better its a yuri one.
the unaware protagonist, the childhood friend, the new girl, ah so much.
Iori reminds me a lot of origami tobiichi from Date a Live, even her personality is the same.

last edited at Sep 13, 2015 11:43PM

Po
joined Oct 29, 2014

this kind of reminds me a lil bit of kawaii complex but the yuri version....i love everything about this chapter can't wait to see more

joined Jan 8, 2014

Ill be keeping up with this for sure...because a true yuri-harem book...well I can only think of one or two other ones...
Like typical harem I expect lots of sexual innuendo...but heres hoping for some true yuri not just comedic...
Thanks for translating ^_^

Images
joined Mar 5, 2015

Kinda reminds me sakurako no pet na kanojo

Mig
joined Jun 25, 2015

Yay uploaded on my birthday (^_^)
This is a funny manga hope there will be more! (>ω<)
(Anyone from Japan? LOL)

2015-01-21%2018.42.01
joined May 17, 2014

^Happy b-day. ^.^

Tfw you root for Tsundere-change so hard but you know the authors gonna do her wrong !!!!! T.T
Konomi-chan is my best girl!!!!!!! I'll be rooting for her!!!

In most cases I hate rooting for the childhood friend since they sat around for years doing nothing unit someone wants what they thought they have but it was out of Kono-chan'so hand (plus she's super tsun <3) so I want this to work for her but I just don't see it happening </3

But yeah yuri harem seems like this will be fun. ^.^
Edit: Thank you /u/ for translating this. ^.^

last edited at Sep 14, 2015 12:31AM

Korrasami
joined Dec 14, 2014

Such pretty colors, haven't read it yet a little too many pages for me atm.

joined Dec 7, 2013

Everyone's talking about Konomi and Iori, but the older two are my favs~

Untitled
joined Apr 26, 2015

So it's a fairly typical harem comedy except that the main character has a vagina

Just call it yuri harem comedy. Your crude comparison pretty much reduces yuri to 'het, except no one has a penis'.

My point there was that in this specific case it might as well be het, as the MC fill all the functions of typical harem protagonist and even looks pretty androgynous

This type of wish fulfiment harem-esque stories have existed in fiction and folktales long before japan was even given a written system.

Saying this "might as well be het" just because you think modern day male oriented harem anime invented the genre is absurd.

Blonde%20anime%20glasses
joined Aug 16, 2015

loving the first chapter cant wait for more!

Dandelion-akane-30b
joined Jun 12, 2015

This is promising, as previous people mentioned, typical harem comedy but the MC is a girl. Can't wait to continue on with this series. Also I think Iori is cute but so is Konomi, so definitely going to be split over who to root for, usually I like the childhood friend but then thinking about Iori and Hanabe around school together, cannot decide.

62342532_p4_3
joined May 27, 2015

"To Lie-Ru -Triangle-"

That crotch shot on page 30 gave me serious Yabuki Kentaro vibes, as if the name and harem/love-triangle cliches didn't remind me enough of To Love-Ru -Toraburu-. The art overall is not quite on Yabuki's level but it's still quite nice.

I thought it was clever how Hanabi exploded like a firework (花火, hanabi)

Konomi's nice, Iori's nice, Hanabi's nice, Yuu's nice. It's hard to choose, but I'll go with Konomi for now because pettan.

last edited at Sep 14, 2015 2:04AM

2641afdd-9dc4-4327-a1c3-a5b558c33522
joined Mar 12, 2014

I have the feeling this lacks a flying turtle.

YES.

I totally had this feeling when reading this hahaa

I kind of want the MC to get with the 'emotionless' girl but we all know the tsundere childhood friend will win in the end. Which usually I'm all about but I think this ones toooo tsundere for me hahaa

joined Jun 12, 2015

So it's a fairly typical harem comedy except that the main character has a vagina

Just call it yuri harem comedy. Your crude comparison pretty much reduces yuri to 'het, except no one has a penis'.

My point there was that in this specific case it might as well be het, as the MC fill all the functions of typical harem protagonist and even looks pretty androgynous.

Yeah, I feel the same. The MC is a female, but is acting like the typical harem male protagonist. Even the ecchi moments are copy-paste from that genre. The only difference is that MC has no dick. It feels like mangaka wrote a story for male MC but suddenly he got a chance for serialization in Yuri Hime magazine, so all what he need to do was switch the gender of MC and make her look like a tomboy-ish girl.

67763073_p3
joined Dec 18, 2013

My point there was that in this specific case it might as well be het, as the MC fill all the functions of typical harem protagonist and even looks pretty androgynous.

Yeah, I feel the same. The MC is a female, but is acting like the typical harem male protagonist. Even the ecchi moments are copy-paste from that genre. The only difference is that MC has no dick. It feels like mangaka wrote a story for male MC but suddenly he got a chance for serialization in Yuri Hime magazine, so all what he need to do was switch the gender of MC and make her look like a tomboy-ish girl.

I have to agree with you guys, this first chapter feels completely by the numbers and frankly, boring (I've read hentai that make a better use of the idea), the art while pleasant to the eye isn't even that special either. Hopefully it will do something to truly stand out among the genre on the upcoming chapters and will make me change my mind.

joined Jul 28, 2015

Well, at least the author plays it completely straight. The harem comedy thing is blatantly lampshaded on this volume's obi (a paper promo slip commonly wrapped around newly bought manga):
「ラッキースケべでハーレムな漫画の主人公が女の子だった件。」
Which roughly translates to "an accidental pervert harem manga with the protagonist being a girl".

Screenshot_2016-12-27-13-58-01-1
joined Mar 23, 2014

Though it's pretty heartless for Hanabi to want to move out as soon as possible... she has a vibre of a rich lady (more like she was always spoiled by her aunt). I like humbly people more.

Right? I would love to live in a house like that but when MC complained I was like "What the hell are you talking about???"

I kind of want the MC to get with the 'emotionless' girl but we all know the tsundere childhood friend will win in the end.

I dont know man, seeing that Iori was the first girl MC saw (completely naked even) and MC got mesmorized by her (a two-whole page scene), you'd think that Kuudere already wins before the game even start.

Diiis
joined Sep 14, 2015

Nice art.
Nice cliche.
Yuri +++
Overall 10/10 ign would read again.

Fetish%20notebook%20lsmol
joined May 20, 2013

"an accidental pervert harem manga with the protagonist being a girl".

I'm extremely okay with this, because it might end up being the first accidental pervert harem anything that I'll actually enjoy.

Heimyfr
joined Aug 18, 2015

Absolutely adorable.

Witch
joined Feb 24, 2013

My point there was that in this specific case it might as well be het, as the MC fill all the functions of typical harem protagonist and even looks pretty androgynous

This type of wish fulfiment harem-esque stories have existed in fiction and folktales long before japan was even given a written system.

Saying this "might as well be het" just because you think modern day male oriented harem anime invented the genre is absurd.

HEAR! Hear! As yuristas, it is thus upon us to be critical of the mainstream media being fed unto us. Sadly, the default in this world is het, so in order to have what we want we'll have to venture out with more effort than the rest. yadah yadah...

Rooting for Team Iori, btw.

Ozy_avatar
joined Jan 30, 2013

I'm not rooting for Iori.

Iori is my waifu, you can't have her!

last edited at Sep 14, 2015 4:53AM

To reply you must either login or sign up.