Forum › Fluttering Feelings [SPOILER THREAD]

joined Jul 11, 2015

To me, it sounds like Seol-A is continuing out loud with her line of thought from the "I think I like you..." line. Something like "on noes, I'm in love with my friend. What's worse, she's a girl. There must be something wrong with me. I"m a horrible human being...blah blah" Of course, in a more serious manner than what I put. And then when No-rae comforts her and more or less says that she accepts Seol-A, Seol-A turns it from "I think I like you" to "I KNOW I like you".

let's say it does stem from that train of thought on seol-a's part. that doesn't explain why no-rae casually replies as if it's a natural thing for seol-a to ask in that moment though.

HypocriticalLiar
Capture
joined Feb 23, 2015

That reminds me, I still have to get around to watching Daughters of Club Bilitis. Are there other good lesbian K-Dramas?

Err...if you're using the qualifier good there's only one other that I'd highly recommend, and you might have seen it in another thread (Yuri in Other Media): Painter of the Wind

About the ending:
It has an ambiguous end, but it's heavily implied that the protagonist (female) chases after the entertainer (female).

There's another one that featured a yuri couple, but I really didn't like it at all. You've probably heard of it though, it got a ton of publicity: Seonam Girls High School Investigators.

last edited at Aug 31, 2015 1:06AM

halmoni Uploader
Jjjtjtjtjy
joined Jan 6, 2015

i'm a little confused about why seol-a says "I'm terrible, aren't I...? You're probably shocked at how utterly terrible I am, right?"

is it because she seemed kind of demanding when she said she wanted to sleep over at no-rae's? like something along the lines of needing to have things her way or something? 'cause it didn't really seem too much like that to me and that doesn't warrant her claiming she's "utterly terrible" that no-rae must be shocked. am i missing something or just being stupid and not reading carefully enough?

Hmm the Korean phrase (못됐다) refers to having a bad personality, being mean/rude, being an asshole, etc. I think in this case, Seol-a was saying that she's a bad person for acting like a stubborn child. No-rae told her that she should go to bed because sleeping on her shoulder wouldn't be comfortable, but Seol-a insisted that she was comfortable, and she also implied that No-rae only said "It's uncomfortable here" because No-rae was the one who was uncomfortable.

However, after No-rae said "Do as you like. Because I'll be fine with whatever you decide", Seol-a realized that No-rae was thinking about Seol-a's best interest, and not her own needs. She probably wanted to take back what she said about No-rae feeling uncomfortable. That's why she said "I'm terrible", because she acted selfishly without considering No-rae's intentions. Or something like that. idk it's just my interpretation so I could be wrong

joined Jul 11, 2015

Hmm the Korean phrase (못됐다) refers to having a bad personality, being mean/rude, being an asshole, etc. I think in this case, Seol-a was saying that she's a bad person for acting like a stubborn child. No-rae told her that she should go to bed because sleeping on her shoulder wouldn't be comfortable, but Seol-a insisted that she was comfortable, and she also implied that No-rae only said "It's uncomfortable here" because No-rae was the one who was uncomfortable.

However, after No-rae said "Do as you like. Because I'll be fine with whatever you decide", Seol-a realized that No-rae was thinking about Seol-a's best interest, and not her own needs. She probably wanted to take back what she said about No-rae feeling uncomfortable. That's why she said "I'm terrible", because she acted selfishly without considering No-rae's intentions. Or something like that. idk it's just my interpretation so I could be wrong

no, not at all. i think your interpretation makes perfect sense and i agree. thanks for the clarification!

also is it just me or does no-rae seem like she's not flustered about having seol-a at extremely close proximity anymore (which is not a bad thing at all but)? i mean she still blushes from time to time i presume (like when seol-a was being conscious and embarrassed and no-rae looked like blushed a little) but she appeared completely comfortable when seol-a was resting her head on her shoulder and everything.

her calling seol-a cute out loud is also another thing. that's probably the first time she's openly complimented seol-a like that since she realized her feelings (correct me if i'm wrong 'cause it's been a while and i don't remember very well).

last edited at Aug 31, 2015 1:38AM

Port
joined Jan 23, 2015

Only one thing i cant quite catch... so who's saying those two boxes of inward confession? both of them?

last edited at Aug 31, 2015 1:49AM

No-rae
joined Feb 4, 2015

Omg this chapter, it was so cute. Seo-A blushing as she sings a love song or watches No-Rae. So cuteee. And later she sleeps on No-Rae's shoulder, and No-Rae says she is cute and everything is so cute. I need more of this fluffy stuff. I hope next chapters are similar, I need them after all the flashbacks and sad things and especially because I know there's going to be more drama later haha.

I feel it, a kiss is coming!

Btw, this chapter already has 4000 hearts on comico, I think that was fast? Everyone loved this chater :D
Thanks Halmoni for the translation :)

HypocriticalLiar
Capture
joined Feb 23, 2015

^it is!! I'm still a little miffed that FF is still 2nd place though...how is comico doing the ratings??

also is it just me or does no-rae seem like she's not flustered about having seol-a at extremely close proximity anymore

tbh, I think she still is flustered. IMO, most of this arc is from Seol-a's perspective. So I think we're only going to "notice" (i.e. Samba will draw it) No-rae getting flustered when Seol-a does, and I think No-rae's always been adept at hiding it to everyone but herself (which is why it was so obvious to us previously).

If you look back, Seol-a never really blushed either (unless I'm remembering it wrong), and that only started this arc (although you could argue that that's because she had her 'aha' moment).

joined Apr 5, 2015

It's really nice to see, for a change, that Seol-a is more flustered than No-rae. Also, wondered why Seol-a never picked up on No-rae's heartbeat. I can imagine it to be like a hammer.

2x2-shinobuden-m001
joined Dec 14, 2014

However, after No-rae said "Do as you like. Because I'll be fine with whatever you decide", Seol-a realized that No-rae was thinking about Seol-a's best interest, and not her own needs. She probably wanted to take back what she said about No-rae feeling uncomfortable.

Oh, thank you for the insight. At first, I thought stand-offish No-Rae had surfaced again and what she said was more along the lines of "Suit yourself. I don't care either way."

What a great day, although it's a Monday!

Seolaposescolor2
joined Nov 9, 2014

I wasn't feeling well this morning, reading the translation made my morning. Thank you so much Halmoni!! Good luck on your exams!!

That confirmation of..I know I like you..perfectly adorable and made my heart flutter. ♡♡♡

romantic_reader
joined Jul 30, 2015

halmoni:

sorry I was waiting on purpose while drinking the salty tears of entitled fans who kept demanding translations NOW NOW NOW when I'm studying for finals so yea

probably my new favorite chapter

As always, thank you very much for your hard work, we really appreciate it! And good luck on your finals~!

Regarding your translation of ch. 43, I enjoyed the reference to the songs they were singing. "The Meaning of You" is a very sweet piece, it seems to me like a song somebody in love would sing to their significant other. Indeed, Seol-a singing it for No-rae while blushing, was so cute!

I really liked this chapter. Can't wait for next monday!

last edited at Aug 31, 2015 9:22AM

Nezchan Moderator
Meiling%20bun%20150px
joined Jun 28, 2012

That reminds me, I still have to get around to watching Daughters of Club Bilitis. Are there other good lesbian K-Dramas?

But i heard there is only 1 episode in that drama since it got banned from airing in SK!

The way I understand it, it was a self-contained special rather than a series, although a series could have been based on it. But it got banned from airing as you said, but still got distributed otherwise. Which is one reason I don't expect we'll see proper lesbian K-drama any time soon.

Avatar_200px_moyashimon_aspergillus-oryzae
joined Mar 14, 2014

Dammit, I thought I could stay away from this spoiler thread... And what a time to check in! Missed everything that came after chapter 6 or so.
This chapter with no context still made my heart bleed rainbows.

As for more queer material from Korea... Might I recommend A Girl at My Door (https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/A_Girl_at_My_Door)? I saw it recently at an Asian film festival. The writing is tight in this movie.

flutteringfeelingsmanhwa
joined May 17, 2015

A rough typeset of Chapter 43 has been uploaded to flutteringfeelings.imgur.com (short address: bit.do/ffi).

Chapter 43 rough typeset by anonymous
http://imgur.com/a/Mnnje

Enjoy!

Minor side note:
The link to the chapter does not yet show up on the flutteringfeelings.imgur.com main page. It takes a little while for it to show up. For now, please use the direct link to the chapter above.

Update:
This link to the chapter now shows up on the main page.

last edited at Aug 31, 2015 6:36PM

Thumb
joined Dec 23, 2014

For those who haven't heard the songs they were singing at the karaoke, here they are, at least those I know of:

(I hope it's okay that I post links to these)

last edited at Aug 31, 2015 11:23AM

flutteringfeelingsmanhwa
joined May 17, 2015

Repost:

A rough typeset of Chapter 43 has been uploaded to flutteringfeelings.imgur.com (short address: bit.do/ffi).

Chapter 43 rough typeset by anonymous
http://imgur.com/a/Mnnje

Enjoy!

Minor side note:
The link to the chapter does not yet show up on the flutteringfeelings.imgur.com main page. It takes a little while for it to show up. For now, please use the direct link to the chapter above.

Update:
This link to the chapter now shows up on the main page.

last edited at Aug 31, 2015 6:36PM

2x2-shinobuden-m001
joined Dec 14, 2014

As for more queer material from Korea... Might I recommend A Girl at My Door (https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/A_Girl_at_My_Door)? I saw it recently at an Asian film festival. The writing is tight in this movie.

The premise actually makes me want to watch it. Policewomen are great!

Young-nam is tracked to Yeosu by her ex-girlfriend, who asks her to move to Australia with her.

Australia again!? Australia shock

@ halmoni:
Good luck with your exam!

@ the two of you above me:
Thank you for linking to the songs and imgur.

last edited at Aug 31, 2015 9:56AM

joined Apr 5, 2015

@pixer thanks for the recommendation! Always looking forward to more Asian queer material.

Thanks for the quick upload @flutteringfeelingsmanhwa!! Kinda missed the not-so-subtle public service announcements (I.e. Fuck off mangafox) scattered about.

Alextasha Uploader
Crystal3
Three Musqueerteers
joined Sep 25, 2013

hmm people are speaking how Seol-A blushed, but did you notice that No-Rae also blush a little?

look:

compare:

Just look at her!

last edited at Aug 31, 2015 10:26AM

joined Mar 23, 2013

Dammit, I thought I could stay away from this spoiler thread... And what a time to check in! Missed everything that came after chapter 6 or so.
This chapter with no context still made my heart bleed rainbows.

Read the Plot, dayum that ending.

joined Jan 31, 2015

@ Alextasha

Now, that's some analysis right there! x3

Nicely done!

ann:

[...]

Thanks for the quick upload @flutteringfeelingsmanhwa!! Kinda missed the not-so-subtle public service announcements (I.e. Fuck off mangafox) scattered about.

Yeah, our resident public service announcement expert d.d.d. is not available due to RL stuff.

So... had to "wing it". >>
Hope it didn't turn out too badly. <<
Don't know how to typeset. Heck, don't even know how to use Photoshop.

last edited at Aug 31, 2015 3:14PM

romantic_reader
joined Jul 30, 2015

^ The typesetting turned out very well, don't worry! Thanks anonymous!

joined Jan 31, 2015

romantic_reader:

^ The typesetting turned out very well, don't worry! Thanks anonymous!

Y-you're just saying that!

*Pe-- I mean, Seol-a style blushu*

Alextasha Uploader
Crystal3
Three Musqueerteers
joined Sep 25, 2013

@ Alextasha

Now, that's some analysis right there! x3

Nicely done!

Hahah xD thank you! I was trying my best here! xD

joined Apr 5, 2015

@anonymous thought it was nicely done (minus PSA)! Do you need Photoshop for it? I've no idea how typesetting is done .__. Anyway if you guys need help for proofing and grammar editing I can volunteer myself, I'm a writer IRL, just PM.

@Alextasha ssamba needs to make blush lines more obvious! When No-rae was injured she also has those... Lines on her face even when seol-a wasn't touching her. So I was wondering if they were injured lines instead hahaha

To reply you must either login or sign up.