Forum › Bloom Into You discussion

Cottoncandymom
joined Jul 31, 2015

Tbh, most people fall in love after being around the person for a while. It's not a sudden realization. It's more like that when the person isn't around, you feel something is missing. Love at first sight mostly happens only in fiction.

I agree. MC does admit to enjoy love stories in the first chapter, which means she reads a lot of them, so she probably expected to fall in love immediately with someone (the guy from middle school or the senpai, anyone really) but when that didn't happen she started feeling even more isolated from the whole 'being in love' thing

Nevri Uploader
Rosmontis
Nevrilicious Scans
joined Jun 5, 2015

Tbh, most people fall in love after being around the person for a while. It's not a sudden realization. It's more like that when the person isn't around, you feel something is missing. Love at first sight mostly happens only in fiction.

My first love happened on school trip. I talked with a girl from other class for the first time and ended up spending entire first day of trip together. She charmed me and I suggested going out second day, but she wasn't interested.

But yea. I don't really believe in love at first sigh too. My second love that I really loved, I realize I'm sexually attracted to her after knowing her for 3 years. One day I just thought I want to do her. So given time, I think MC at least will come to like Senpai at some level.

Yuu
joined Mar 28, 2015

My first love happened on school trip. I talked with a girl from other class for the first time and ended up spending entire first day of trip together. She charmed me and I suggested going out second day, but she wasn't interested.

I wouldn't call that falling in love. Just attraction. It's the first step in most cases. If you had spent more time with her afterward and did not rush to ask her out from the second day, maybe actual mutual love could have bloomed.

last edited at Jul 31, 2015 10:52AM

Nezchan Moderator
Meiling%20bun%20150px
joined Jun 28, 2012

The trouble I have with seeing the main character as aro or ace is much the same trouble I have when I see a trans character show up in manga. I simply don't trust J. Random Mangaka to know enough about the topic to Get It Right. And honestly, other than rare exceptions in the case of trans characters, manga in general hasn't given me much reason for confidence. I have my doubts whether the author knows much at all about ace and aro people, and it's mostly by coincidence their story concept resonates with those who are.

I could be happily wrong about that. I hope I am. But I find it's the exception rather than the rule.

Ioruu%20dr
joined Jul 13, 2014

I was just kidding when I said she's asexual, though =))

It's kinda sad that she's the one who really wants to feel a romantic feeling, but just can't get it until now.

Al%c5%afskd
joined Jul 4, 2012

Nanami's faces in 3rd chapter were slightly scary, but thanks to that i can totally see Nanami as seme. Since Nanami is smaller and younger than Touko, i really like the image.

Art02
joined Apr 18, 2015

Okay guys, why hasn't anyone considered she's Demisexual?

7559b8a9-a380-4c4d-84c0-67d9a337a5d3
joined Jan 30, 2013

What exactly is aromantic? I am pretty good at English but the are always those words that never learned so now I am curious. Lets see, is it like a person that just doesn't fall in love? Or is it a person that doesn't want a relationship? could it be a person in a relationship with no attachments or emotional invest? OR is it just pure attraction that they don't get attracted to people? lol sorry for all the questions I am curious.

joined Nov 5, 2014

Nah thats okay, aromantic basically means that an aro person does not experience romantic attraction so no aromantics do not actually fall in love. They can or may want however to be in a fulfilling romantic relationship they just won't feel any romantic attraction to their partner.
Someone said that even aromantics can fall in love eventually but they can't, that would mean they are demi.
Also once again I'm aro and I enjoy romance stories? One does not negate the other, and thinking I should fall in love and feeling like something wrong with me was exactly what happened to me too.
I don't think the author meant to do this, tbh I don't even know if most people in Japan know what aro is so I'm not expecting that the MC is, I'm just sayin that she is written as aro because everything she feels I can closely relate to as an aro person

Tohka%20not%20crying
joined Jun 6, 2014

Alright, quick rundown and I'll keep it brief so as to avoid seeming above-it-all.

1) Fuck the English language for using one goddamn word to mean a spectrum of things most people never even have the chance to learn half of. (Not that any other language does much better a job.)
2) Aromantic in the way we're used to saying it means the person isn't hardwired to feel romantic attraction in the paradigm sense, meaning that - supposing Nanami is one - MC will not get all hot and flustered (in short) around anyone ever. But that doesn't mean they can't fall in love in a number of other ways (for example, the platonic sense). We can't really confirm that MC is aro because:
-She's young, and the chance of her just not having found someone she feels romantic attraction to yet is still high
-Technically, while aromanticism is very much a real thing, you can never prove any given person just hasn't met the aforementioned proverbial "one" yet. Very scientific in that sense. There is no absolute truth, just lack of evidence against it.
3) Asexual means the person doesn't experience lust. They just don't. And that's all it means. But please do not make a fool of yourself and argue that lust and love are interlocked and dependent. They are related, but asexuality =/= aromanticism. We're just taught in most Occidental countries that lust is indispensable and necessary to a healthy relationship.

So essentially, MC may or may not be aromantic or asexual (we have no way of knowing for sure, even if we had an omniscient 3rd person narrator), but regardless of whether she is either OR both, she can still sustain a healthy and stable and caring relationship with someone else if that person can understand and accept that person (which could be senpai...no way to know yet).

last edited at Aug 1, 2015 3:15AM

Ff1a724c73fac5cdbd12f79a54966a5025f54c394c232611e6a1c490a4e4b1db
joined May 22, 2014

We got ourselves a late bloomer mc. It's OK, no need to grow up too fast.

Z%20ss
joined Oct 15, 2013

Only complaint I have (other than the unsatisfying lack of buildup) is the obsessive mentality the MC has on the whole deal... it's a bit too excessive.

Nevri Uploader
Rosmontis
Nevrilicious Scans
joined Jun 5, 2015

flips

Only complaint I have (other than the unsatisfying lack of buildup) is the obsessive mentality the MC has on the whole deal... it's a bit too excessive.

Well in the world where everyone is expecting to fall in love and being in relationship is seen as normal I can understand why would she obsessed about this matter. Unless she herself understand that this isn't something she wants and she doesn't need to force herself to fulfill the society's expectations (even if it is relationship with other woman, but you got my point).

After reading what ColonalCat wrote I actually changed my mind. I wish she would turn out to be asexual. It would be something I never seen before and I have a feeling their relationship could be really cute.

last edited at Aug 1, 2015 4:44AM

Yuu
joined Mar 28, 2015

The only ACE character I've seen in a yuri story is Fueko from "The Feelings We All Must Endure". She does have sex with Asuna (which represents lust, ironically), but she's actually not interested in it at all.

Nevri Uploader
Rosmontis
Nevrilicious Scans
joined Jun 5, 2015

The only ACE character I've seen in a yuri story is Fueko from "The Feelings We All Must Endure". She does have sex with Asuna (which represents lust, ironically), but she's actually not interested in it at all.

Oh yea. She did say it's too tiring and just prefer spending time together. I didn't realize that means she is a ace.

Well I still want to see story with this concept as main focus.

Setsuko2
joined Jan 20, 2014

for a while you see takatsuki in hourou musuko behaving more like an ace. i think the author was going to really have her be one, but somewhere along the line changed their mind and gave her some stupid teacher crush later on. that was one manga i really ended up disappointed in.

Screenshot_2018-10-31%20dynasty%20reader%20%c2%bb%20fusoroi%20no%20renri%20ch13
joined Jul 1, 2014

Oh yea. She did say it's too tiring and just prefer spending time together. I didn't realize that means she is a ace.

Well I still want to see story with this concept as main focus.

Check here for a spectrum of various different sexualities and genders. His latest story is about an asexual falling in love

http://www.discordcomics.com/

FlameHazeKatsu
Img_1342
joined Feb 5, 2013

Definitely, give 'em time by spending time together and she'll tots like her back....

Rfrf
joined May 31, 2013

Okay guys, why hasn't anyone considered she's Demisexual?

That's whAT I SAID.

Though it's not a popular sexuality to begin with. She could be demi-romantic.

Screenshot_2020-10-28_003849_2_2_69
joined Sep 14, 2014

Finally! A unrequited romance that actually seems legit. Kouhai showing no blushing and is actually angry that nothing is happening to her emotionally is just YES.

Korrasami
joined Dec 14, 2014

I just wanna tell Koito;
"Don't fight it, just let it happen."

Tohka%20not%20crying
joined Jun 6, 2014

A fantastic example because she is pretty clearly asexual yet not at all aromantic. She very much wants to love Asuna but her love constitutes something Asuna struggles to know, which built many difficult barriers between them for almost the entire story.

But in the mixed-received, bittersweet ending, even they found a way to have a glimmer of hope for the future. Since Senpai doesn't thrive off of lust (she very well might be asexual herself), I think this pair has a brighter path ahead.

Z%20ss
joined Oct 15, 2013

Think you guys are pulling quite a stretch to classify (what bascially is) a child.

(Guess this is what these forums are nowadays)

last edited at Aug 2, 2015 2:08AM

joined Mar 25, 2013

Think you guys are pulling quite a stretch to classify (what bascially is) a child.

(Guess this is what these forums are nowadays)

Nah, they're wrong. She's an alien! A male alien. It's just that they take the form of a female human.

But yeah, I agree, we're barely 5 chapters in and she's already classified as something. I bet you by the end she will either be in love with the senpai and will be pretty lustful or she will be in love with some guy.

You're just setting yourselves up for disappointment.

Applicationframehost_2019-05-26_18-54-02
joined Sep 22, 2014

yeah i'm really getting aro vibes from this chapter, even moreso than i was already, but i have my doubts that the artist will actually go through with it (everybody falls in love eventually, etc etc). still, i can relate for now and that's always fun; you don't get aro spectrum characters in your manga every day. we'll see, i guess?

To reply you must either login or sign up.