Forum › After Hours discussion

Tag%20rock%20snake
joined Aug 16, 2014

I just love thos story, there are a lot of people worrying that it'll end up going melodramatic or angsty but I don't get that vide at all from it, the whole thing seems super relaxed and I love that. This is definitley one of my favourite reads at the moment!

2_copy
joined Jan 27, 2015

I just love thos story, there are a lot of people worrying that it'll end up going melodramatic or angsty but I don't get that vide at all from it, the whole thing seems super relaxed and I love that. This is definitley one of my favourite reads at the moment!

Yeah, it reminds me a bit of Chatting at the Amber Teahouse though with a more active and exciting setting. Amber Teahouse was almost a perfect manga to me, if this series were to achieve what Amber Teahouse did but with this awesome club/night life stuff going on, it'd be a dream come true for me.

__remilia_scarlet_touhou_drawn_by_kameyan__79633e04034b3c99d7cf88e4370ce72e
joined Apr 28, 2014

I hope this series continues. The characterization so far has been excellent.

Nezchan Moderator
Meiling%20bun%20150px
joined Jun 28, 2012

Yeah, it reminds me a bit of Chatting at the Amber Teahouse though with a more active and exciting setting. Amber Teahouse was almost a perfect manga to me, if this series were to achieve what Amber Teahouse did but with this awesome club/night life stuff going on, it'd be a dream come true for me.

Actually, it reminds me of Shinozaki-san because the overall thrust of the story is shaping up to be a guided tour of things the author loves. Japanese nightlife and the music scene in this one, otaku culture in the case of Shinozaki-san. Both with a clear yuri aspect. The tone is different, but they do have that major element in common.

Which is great, because it adds to the fun the author has telling the story. I'm really looking forward to this.

Z%20ss
joined Oct 15, 2013

That Daft Punk T-shirt, good taste.

last edited at Jul 16, 2015 12:16AM

Oc%20sketchdump%2012
joined Jun 24, 2013

Nice to see another manga that doesn't take place in high school. Art is cute too! I have high hopes for this series.

Dynasty%20necromancer
joined Mar 6, 2014

I can smell the living together from miles away

ChocolateCakeLover
Gigi7
joined Feb 4, 2015

You'd think living with someone else would encourage them to shower?

Commandershepard13
1071350_639308102760295_1399509523_o
joined Mar 24, 2014

Thank god, a manga that isn't filled with cliche characters and fucking pointless drama but instead is filled actual believable people.

2x2-shinobuden-m001
joined Dec 14, 2014

Didn't Emi forget to put the key under the fire extinguisher?

So, 30 means you're old? What gives? ._.

969153_636130159747876_1489078614_n
joined Apr 10, 2013

I once told my aunt that 30 = old because 60 divided by 2 is 30 thus old. She became angry with me, then. On a more serious note, I think it has something to do with a woman's ability to safely give birth to children and settle down or something. I need citation but I don't have one!

Dsgsdfgdf4
joined Dec 15, 2014

ok but im really digging the nudity without any sexual connotation behind it?

Ava2
joined Jun 11, 2014

After hours and stretch chap in same day, life's good. This mangas art is already one of my all time favs.

Yuu
joined Mar 28, 2015

Great start. For now, they seem friends with benefits (Kei says as much), but I think it's going to evolve into a couple living together. They are already talking about buying furniture, ffs! xD

Lifecharacter
Canaan2
joined May 9, 2013

I think that Kei gave Emi an extra key to her apartment, rather than the only key. It's less a "lock up once you leave" kind of thing and more "I'm giving you a key to my home" kind of thing. So if she put it under the extinguisher it'd be like rejecting the whole thing, and no one wants that.

Toffee%20copy%202
joined Jan 2, 2014

http://dynasty-scans.com/chapters/after_hours_ch02#10 YOU BASTARDS KONAMI YOU TURNED KOJIMA INTO OKRA

230px-ray_the_animation
joined Feb 2, 2013

there are some faces and expression that seem aki eda drawings, and the cuteness too

Commandershepard13
1071350_639308102760295_1399509523_o
joined Mar 24, 2014

I once told my aunt that 30 = old because 60 divided by 2 is 30 thus old. She became angry with me, then. On a more serious note, I think it has something to do with a woman's ability to safely give birth to children and settle down or something. I need citation but I don't have one!

Japanese culture is very chauvinistic and male dominated, meaning women are expected to give up their jobs and goals and marry young, typically before 25. This has led to the idea that women are "too old" or "impure" once they have surpassed 25. Said women are sometime nicknamed "Christmas Cakes" as buying a Christmas Cake is a major tradition in Japanese culture but you aren't supposed to eat any of the cake once December 25th, just as no one would likely marry a women over 25.

TL;DR: Its cause Japan is really sexist and idealizes female youth, thus a 30 year old woman is an "old hag" by there standards.

last edited at Aug 1, 2015 12:17AM

Captura%20de%20tela%202023-05-17%20a%cc%80s%2001.22.32
joined Jan 19, 2015

http://dynasty-scans.com/chapters/after_hours_ch02#10 YOU BASTARDS KONAMI YOU TURNED KOJIMA INTO OKRA

haahahaha holy shit

Kei is so cool like she's the person most of us would probably give an arm to turn into by the time we're 30? I dunno maybe it's just me. They are so cute and comfortable around each other even though it's been like a day

last edited at Jul 16, 2015 5:51AM

Tumblr_lhn2y5j5rz1qbc0x9
joined Jul 26, 2013

I love how real these characters feel. Can't wait for chapter 3!

Ozy_avatar
joined Jan 30, 2013

Wonderful, wonderful.
Really nice casual romance.

Mig
joined Jun 25, 2015

Nice~ This manga is really cute. But I wouldn't sleep with a person after I met here. It's like god want it (I guess so)
I swear the street in page 16 ( http://dynasty-scans.com/chapters/after_hours_ch01#16 ) I already saw. Shibuya is not far so I sometimes visit it. This street must exist XD

Random Reader
joined Nov 30, 2011

Really enjoyable chapter. I like where it went. Almost no tension related to the previous night. I was worried it would go that cliched drama route but nope, not once (minus the stiffness around dinner time). And that face on pg. 18 XD. Sealed the deal for me with this story thus far.

Fetish%20notebook%20lsmol
joined May 20, 2013

+Favorites

+Subscribed

Kitsune Spirit
Kokkurisanicon
joined Apr 8, 2013

That was SO freaking cute! I hope it runs for a while. <3

To reply you must either login or sign up.