Forum › What Does the Fox Say discussion

Nezchan Moderator
Meiling%20bun%20150px
joined Jun 28, 2012

I didn't get the part where I was criticizing anyone or shitting on anyone? I never said anything about Halmoni or her group. Where the hell does that come from? Don't twist my words.

Probably the bit where you said they were "...baiting people into buying something..." which is outright accusing them of dishonest practices. It's certainly harsh enough to qualify as Very Rude Indeed.

Ran-lossy
joined Mar 22, 2015

I just need a new phoooooneee....or maybe a girlfriend with a newer phone than mine. Yeah. That'd be nice.

I don't get the mentality of waiting that long. Sure, I read reviews, but if I'm following a series and the last book comes out, I want to go get it at release and read it, regardless of waiting for reviews. Looking at the Spanish chapters so far is like, "wow, I want to get on this ride, it looks awesome and has a pretty good chance of going somewhere good."

And for that matter, Stretch better be free because it's too slow to grip many into buying the next chapter on release. It's nice, but the free model suits it much better.

I'm excited to be ABLE to pay to read something good. There just isn't enough good stuff out there right now for lesbian fiction. Heck, I'd pay money to read the rest of Ultramarine School Days in a heartbeat, and that's not even Yuri!

Originally I wanted to pick back up learning Japanese but now that I'm seeing all this nice Korean lesbian stuff and the alphabet is so much nicer I'm starting to sway.

Yuu
joined Mar 28, 2015

I didn't get the part where I was criticizing anyone or shitting on anyone? I never said anything about Halmoni or her group. Where the hell does that come from? Don't twist my words.

Probably the bit where you said they were "...baiting people into buying something..." which is outright accusing them of dishonest practices. It's certainly harsh enough to qualify as Very Rude Indeed.

Oh, I didn't know the fact that the first chapter was done by "fans" and not by the website. I didn't read that bit.

I thought it was just the pay-to-view website that allowed the first chapter to be "out there" so people would come to subscribe.

Anyway, even if it's not dishonest, if they don't intend to translate the rest because the korean website doesn't allow it, they are basically making the bait for them for free.

I rather have the impression that Halmoni and her group are taken advantage of, not by the author (because he doesn't have a say in the matter) but by that pay-site.

Or I'm mistaken again.

Dynasty Scans
joined Oct 8, 2010

Nya-chan

Anyway, even if it's not dishonest, if they don't intend to translate the rest because the korean website doesn't allow it, they are basically making the bait for them for free.

I rather have the impression that Halmoni and her group are taken advantage of, not by the author (because he doesn't have a say in the matter) but by that pay-site.

Or I'm mistaken again.

Yea, you definitely are. In fact, the way you've been talking makes me think you haven't been arsed to read anything on the credits page/what halmoni has said at all. Yes, we are scanlating the rest of the series. And if you think promoting the author to a wider audience is "making the bait for free" then whatever.

you're entitled to your opinion but i'm also entitled to my own opinion and my opinion is that your opinion is bull

the author does have a say, some series have 5-6 chapters for free viewing but this series only has 1. don't talk as if you have all the facts when you obviously don't. also how are we "making the bait for free" by not translating future chapters? your argument has about as many holes as spongebob squarepants.

The reason we're overlaying is because of a copyright warning. Also because they have their eyes on us so by overlaying, we're not redistributing the comic anywhere else.

Tumblr_mqsgcvuolq1s1l3cpo1_500
joined Jul 12, 2012

finishes reading I KNEW IT! I FUCKING CALLED IT! THE MANAGER AND PRESIDENT ARE DOING IT! XD

Yuu
joined Mar 28, 2015

Whatever. I probably misinterpreted some things, but I didn't intend to be rude to scanlations groups. If it came accross that way, I'm sorry.

But I still don't like the pay-to-view business model.

Bayonetta
joined Nov 2, 2014

Thanks to everyone that brought this preview to Dynasty, definitely caught my eye!
I'll definitely look into supporting the artist on lezhin, but just a quick question here. Can someone tell me some other Korean webcomics/manhwa that include or focus lesbians, besides Fluttering Feelings?

Alextasha Uploader
Crystal3
Three Musqueerteers
joined Sep 25, 2013

Thanks to everyone that brought this preview to Dynasty, definitely caught my eye!
I'll definitely look into supporting the artist on lezhin, but just a quick question here. Can someone tell me some other Korean webcomics/manhwa that include or focus lesbians, besides Fluttering Feelings?

Have no idea about other long series (I'll also wait for titles) but you can check this short one-shot translated by halmoni http://halmoniswag.tumblr.com/post/121911258907/title-hug-me-author-summer-pairing

mikasamikasa77
Norae
joined Oct 16, 2014

I think that people have forgotten that the work must be paid. Internet can be a Wild West, with many opportunities but also with things that do not go. For work I know many young artists, and for most of them is hard to pay the bills. Now I think everybody here we download and read things for free, but if as in this case, the system is different from comic lezhin, and ONLY IF HAS 'CONCERNED, and the price is very affordable, I do not see why we should not pay. If you enter in a shop, and take something you do not pay? I also want say that it is a Manhua for adults and therefore It is suitable for adults, do not understand why people are dying to see mei and yuzu have sex, and is disturbed by a Manhua like this rated +18. Finally, and it is rare, a story yuri for adults, really well drawened, focused not only on sex, but with a story, that it seems interesting at moment. Thanks halmoni and Kyra, and everyone else That work on thisThey are 50 cents well spent, my god, I hope here on dinasty can discuss WDTFS as with others manga in relative peace. Sorry for my English...

Marion Diabolito
Dynsaty%20scans%20avatar%20from%20twgokhs
joined Jan 5, 2015

I think it's interesting and exciting the fans can actually help the mangaka-tachi, or in this case manhwaga-deul(?); mikasamikasa77 makes a good point.

Sensei
joined Nov 28, 2011

halmoni, is the app mandatory? Is there no way to get it through their site itself or through another means of payment? I have a windows phone and they don't have a windows phone app ;-; I'ma cry.
If the reply to this is somewhere in the thread, my bad.

last edited at Jun 22, 2015 4:44PM

halmoni Uploader
Jjjtjtjtjy
joined Jan 6, 2015

Lezhin has a small selection of yuri manhwa, but many Korean authors are not okay with the idea of us translating or posting the manhwa outside of Lezhin.

your argument has about as many holes as spongebob squarepants.

qurl you are on fiyah

So, what exactly is the point of this discussion? As soon as the overlay is ready, someone will typeset it eventually, and it will end up on mangafox, mangahere and well, everywhere, so why complain about have to pay for it, when it'll be avaliable for free later?

So, what's the point of anything ever? As soon as insert item that requires payment is created, someone is BOUND to make a free, good ol' pirated copy right? Why pay for anything ever in your life? Because Lezhin is ready to crack down on your pirating asses, that's why. This is the first time I've seen the actual publishing company reach out and say "Hey, you people out there better stop", rather than the authors. In case you don't know, Lezhin is partnered with CJ entertainment and has been supported by NCSoft in the past. They're some of Korea's biggest companies. If that's what you wanna mess with, that's up to you, but count me out.

I'm sure that if someone has the brain to actually pay for content legally, they're not going to go batshit crazy and start posting screenshots everywhere. If YOU paid for something, why give it to some anonymous, entitled children online for free? What do you owe them? Absolutely nothing, that's what.

But I still don't like the pay-to-view business model.

Life is a pay-to-do-anything business model. The real world sucks, doesn't it?

halmoni, is the app mandatory? Is there no way to get it through their site itself or through another means of payment? I have a windows phone and they don't have a windows phone app ;-; I'ma cry.

Hmm I only see Android and iOS on the Lezhin site. But yes, the app is mandatory in order to add coins to your account. There is currently no way to pay on the PC version for international users. Maybe you can find a way to run android on your phone or something? Sorry, I suck with tech stuff.

last edited at Jun 22, 2015 4:59PM

OrangePekoe Admin
Animesher.com_tamako-market-midori-tokiwa-deviantart-950416a
joined Mar 20, 2013

Hmm I only see Android and iOS on the Lezhin site. But yes, the app is mandatory in order to add coins to your account. There is currently no way to pay on the PC version for international users. Maybe you can find a way to run android on your phone or something? Sorry, I suck with tech stuff.

Setting up an Android/iOS emulator on your PC shouldn't be too difficult? I can guide if need be.

Yuu
joined Mar 28, 2015

Life is too short to be worrying about such trivial things.

Let's make love, not war.

joined May 20, 2013

I always tried to support the authors to my capacity and to what is reasonable. (JManga, buying English releases, and maybe someday Japanese ones, if I'll be able to really read them.) That said, I wholeheartedly support this solution, and I hope Lezhin will be fine with it as well. 21 coins didn't cost much for a try either, though the process of getting them was still quite cumbersome in my opinion, even using the guides referenced on the credits page and posted here. I don't claim I'd be able to do plenty better, just would suggest adding a few additional steps for the various pop-ups, and if possible, a bit higher resolution images. It may be worth describing Google Wallet too, as the app's message won't be of any help to people not speaking Korean, prior to proper set up.

... is the app mandatory? ...

The mobile app seems to be mandatory, or at least a huge help in the process. I looked at the payment options on the PC, and although there is one for credit cards, the additional messages didn't seem promising. On the (Android) phone app the Play payment is usable, and the age confirmation mentioned a few pages back will also be necessary along the way, before the purchase of actual chapters, at least. Maybe for purely the coins, too.

A question: What are the points for? Creating an account gave 100, apparently, but how can they be used?

last edited at Jun 22, 2015 5:26PM

halmoni Uploader
Jjjtjtjtjy
joined Jan 6, 2015

A question: What are the points for? Creating an account gave 100, apparently, but how can they be used?

I haven't seen anything on Lezhin that uses points. So basically they're useless. The FAQ said something about special services or whatever using coins/points, but I haven't come across anything like that either.

joined Jul 24, 2014

To the WDTFS translation team, thank you so much for working on this! Can't wait to read the overlays :)

A2bcf11834a1918b3f09b4219b2a099f_r
joined Aug 16, 2014

So, what's the point of anything ever? As soon as insert item that requires payment is created, someone is BOUND to make a free, good ol' pirated copy right? Why pay for anything ever in your life? Because Lezhin is ready to crack down on your pirating asses, that's why. This is the first time I've seen the actual publishing company reach out and say "Hey, you people out there better stop", rather than the authors.

And it feels good to actually help the authors (and motivate 'em to continue working). Specially after the amount of stuff we read for "free".

Also, maybe it'd be useful to put the instructions for buying te manhwa in the series' description or something? Judging from this discussion, people seem to be having trouble with it...

Nezchan Moderator
Meiling%20bun%20150px
joined Jun 28, 2012

Nez Note

Given that the artist and publishing company have been very clear, and we have confirmation from Halmoni, from this point forward there shall be NO linking to translations of What Does the Fox Say unless we hear the policy has changed. Any comments with such links, even if they're not English will be removed on sight, and should someone persistently post links their account will be closed as well. This applies site-wide, not just this discussion.

Thank you in advance for your co-operation.

Sensei
joined Nov 28, 2011

Setting up an Android/iOS emulator on your PC shouldn't be too difficult? I can guide if need be.

It's all good! Thanks! My brother came for a visit so I borrowed his phone for a bit. Chapters unlocked! \o/
Yuri should be supported whenever possible!!
Thanks for working on the translations <33

OrangePekoe Admin
Animesher.com_tamako-market-midori-tokiwa-deviantart-950416a
joined Mar 20, 2013

It's all good! Thanks! My brother came for a visit so I borrowed his phone for a bit. Chapters unlocked! \o/

Nice.

Also, maybe it'd be useful to put the instructions for buying te manhwa in the series' description or something? Judging from this discussion, people seem to be having trouble with it...

Yeah, kinda working out in my head what I wanna put there. Thanks for the note.

Head_mini
joined Aug 9, 2013

I haven't seen anything on Lezhin that uses points. So basically they're useless. The FAQ said something about special services or whatever using coins/points, but I haven't come across anything like that either.

You can use them here, some supplementary comics or something. http://www.lezhin.com/special
I remember you can also use them somewhere else but I can't read Korean so I stopped exploring much.

halmoni Uploader
Jjjtjtjtjy
joined Jan 6, 2015

Thanks for working on the translations <33

welcome to the cool club my friend

last edited at Jun 22, 2015 7:02PM

halmoni Uploader
Jjjtjtjtjy
joined Jan 6, 2015

Well, mangafox and mangahere are chinese, I don't think they'll care and will not take it down, but who knows, one way or other if you search you will find typeset of it, just give it some days, one week maybe.

My avatar is from Ratana, a one shot she's doing, here if you want the original image.

Damn it always sounds like you're promoting mangafox/here/fuck/etc. in every one of your posts. Seeing as how most people who actually buy the chapters want to support the authors, good luck finding someone who'll be your WDFS sugar mama and buy all of the chapters for you.

People like you make me wanna stop translating.

Thiaguinho-sama
Ratana%20avatar%203.3%20dynasty
joined May 11, 2012

Well, mangafox and mangahere are chinese, I don't think they'll care and will not take it down, but who knows, one way or other if you search you will find typeset of it, just give it some days, one week maybe.

My avatar is from Ratana, a one shot she's doing, here if you want the original image.

Damn it always sounds like you're promoting mangafox/here/fuck/etc. in every one of your posts. Seeing as how most people who actually buy the chapters want to support the authors, good luck finding someone who'll be your WDFS sugar mama and buy all of the chapters for you.

People like you make me wanna stop translating.

Promoting it? it's not like I make any difference, most people already know about them, those who don't like it won't use it, and those who don't care already use it, and you said people like me? I use mangahere only for tsukomis and to know about new mangas as they upload almost everything translated, but I read on Batoto and Kissmanga, I never said anything about not buying it, I said that so maybe those who keep whining about paying for it will shut up, since it seens they're too dumb to notice that someone will typeset it and post somewhere, so they don't have reason to cry here because they're too poor to pay for it.

last edited at Jun 22, 2015 11:06PM

To reply you must either login or sign up.