Forum › What Does the Fox Say discussion

Tohka%20not%20crying
joined Jun 6, 2014

So she looks younger than her 34 years and she's a smoker?

Sorry, biology does not work like that. Smoking prematurely ages the skin. She'd be lucky if she only looks 34 instead of older. Oh, and excessive alcohol consumption also accelerates the aging of skin, so she should really look like an old shoe by now.

Depends on the person and how long they smoked. I'm older than she is, I drank quite a lot in my 20s, and smoked some as well and people still think I'm in my 20s.

Well drinking doesn't affect outward looking age, and smoking "some" won't do it that bad. Plus if you're Asian and you take care of your skin you automatically get like -10 to 15 depending on your looking age.

But yeah. Smoking as much as she does would absolutely make her look in the 40s, worse if she started early in life.

As an aside, I wonder how much legal recourse lezhin has in sueing people outside of their country. Seems like it would cost them more than they would get out of the lawsuit.

At some point it just doesn't become worth it. You're right in that they lose more money to successfully WIN the lawsuit than they did in just not bothering. But if you compile everything together and make a corporation...well you get some entitlement, in more ways than one usually.

As an aside: I'd gladly pay for a solid manhwa like this, but I do need to know...how many chapters are there raw/translated? Or is it still ongoing?

If this becomes a $20 investment just for one manhwa...well I think it'd be worth it but I just wanna spend my money on other things, not to a middle-man distribution business.

P.S. - thank you for the in-depth showing on how to navigate Lezhin, whether or not you made it or just copypasta'd it.

last edited at Jun 22, 2015 1:47AM

10990016_629113473901617_3384836361772730593_n
joined May 13, 2014

WOW!!! Ít 's so great.

1w
joined Jun 17, 2015

I'm liking this a lot already

Ran-lossy
joined Mar 22, 2015

I have an android phone, so I don't know if it's available for Apple products. You could check though, just by typing "Lezhin" in the search bar. You have to use the Lezhin app to add coins to your account, because the website version currently does not have any way for foreigners to pay. You can only use the mobile app because Google Play automatically links your card to your account, so that you can pay. However, you need to go to the actual PC version of the website to unlock the chapters, because 19 + mature manhwa are not included on the app.

It's almost certainly not available for the 3GS (incompatible ios or something like that, I couldn't even get instagram). :[ A shame, because I'm eager to purchase it. I'll probably get a new phone sometime in the next year, so I'll keep this in mind.

EDIT: It appears to be on apple, my phone internet is acting up though. I'll try it later to see if it's 3GS compatible.

last edited at Jun 22, 2015 2:11AM

grlsgirlsgurls
Tumblr_mlx3xqnffx1rsdifjo2_500
joined Mar 23, 2015

Btw, is it still gonna get updated here? Or do I have to go to the link? This wasn't rape, she was completely in control at the end.

Everything you need to know is on the credits page. Short answer, yes you will need to use the original Lezhin website to use the overlay method.

I didn't really get the whole guide thing. I have to have a phone that will install the Lehzin app? I can't just read/purchase on my browser? So confused. ><

I have an android phone, so I don't know if it's available for Apple products. You could check though, just by typing "Lezhin" in the search bar. You have to use the Lezhin app to add coins to your account, because the website version currently does not have any way for foreigners to pay. You can only use the mobile app because Google Play automatically links your card to your account, so that you can pay. However, you need to go to the actual PC version of the website to unlock the chapters, because 19 + mature manhwa are not included on the app.

It is available on iOS

Screenshot_2016-12-27-13-58-01-1
joined Mar 23, 2014

Hey halmoni, silly question, don't know if anyone already ask this either, so if I unlocked the raw chapters from Lezhin, when you guys translated a chapter, do i still need to spend 3 more coins for the translated version? My guess is no but just want to make sure. Thanks a bunch

Ran-lossy
joined Mar 22, 2015

It is available on iOS

But only iOS 7 and above. I can't get it until I get a new phone. :/

grlsgirlsgurls
joined Mar 23, 2015

It is available on iOS

But only iOS 7 and above. I can't get it until I get a new phone. :/

Oooh. I'm new the the iOS world, so didn't think of that at all.

PS. we joined on the same date haha. What a coincidence.

last edited at Jun 22, 2015 2:57AM

Ran-lossy
joined Mar 22, 2015

Yeah, I've mostly given up on being able to acquire apps. x_x

Same date? What timezone are you in? Mine tells me I joined a day before.

Bunnythor_full_small
joined May 17, 2015

So she looks younger than her 34 years and she's a smoker?

Sorry, biology does not work like that. Smoking prematurely ages the skin. She'd be lucky if she only looks 34 instead of older. Oh, and excessive alcohol consumption also accelerates the aging of skin, so she should really look like an old shoe by now.

Depends on the person and how long they smoked. I'm older than she is, I drank quite a lot in my 20s, and smoked some as well and people still think I'm in my 20s.

Well drinking doesn't affect outward looking age, and smoking "some" won't do it that bad. Plus if you're Asian and you
take care of your skin you automatically get like -10 to 15 depending on your looking age.

Drinking absolutely affects your outward-looking age. Alcohol causes the capillaries to expand, leading to spiderwebs of enlarged blood vessels nearer to the surface of the skin. Drinking dehydrates the skin, leading to deepening of existing wrinkles and general skin dryness. And heavy drinkers are chronically low in Vitamin A, which is necessary for the production of elastin and collagen--the two substances that provide shape and structure for your skin and keep it from sagging.

If you do not regularly drink to stumbling inebriation, and if you be sure to drink plenty of water in your drinks or in addition to them, the damage is likely to be minimal. But the character in the story is a heavy enough and regular enough drinker to be notorious for her overconsumption and drunken habits. This adds the possibility of liver damage, which decreases the body's ability to remove toxins, which damage every organ in the body, including the largest organ, the skin.

And the supposed Asian youth effect doesn't help much if everyone else is also Asian. I guarantee you that Asian people in Asian societies can tell the difference between an Asian 35yo and an Asian 25yo as easily as Caucasian people in Caucasian societies can tell the difference between an Caucasian 35yo and an Caucasian 25yo.

halmoni Uploader
Jjjtjtjtjy
joined Jan 6, 2015

As an aside: I'd gladly pay for a solid manhwa like this, but I do need to know...how many chapters are there raw/translated? Or is it still ongoing?

If this becomes a $20 investment just for one manhwa...well I think it'd be worth it but I just wanna spend my money on other things, not to a middle-man distribution business.

P.S. - thank you for the in-depth showing on how to navigate Lezhin, whether or not you made it or just copypasta'd it.

WDFS is an ongoing manhwa. There are currently 15 chapters, and 14 are translated. We completed chapter 1, and we're checking chapters 2 and 3 right now. I've done the rough translations for chapters 1-14, and I'm working on 15 as I write this post lol. There are different packages for different amounts of coins (21 for $3.55, 61 for $9, etc.), so the more coins you buy at once, the less each chapter will cost in the long run (~$0.50 for the 21 coin deal is reduced to ~$0.44 for the 61 coin deal). If you don't think it's worth your money or you don't like how the system is set up, you don't have to buy/read it. I can't tell others how to spend their savings.

Hey halmoni, silly question, don't know if anyone already ask this either, so if I unlocked the raw chapters from Lezhin, when you guys translated a chapter, do i still need to spend 3 more coins for the translated version? My guess is no but just want to make sure. Thanks a bunch

Nope, you will not have to spend any more coins for chapters that you've unlocked. We're not trying to make any sort of profit from translating this. Once you unlock a chapter, you'll have access to it forever, along with the English translations.

But the character in the story is a heavy enough and regular enough drinker to be notorious for her overconsumption and drunken habits.

Sumin is actually not a heavy drinker. She has a low tolerance for alcohol, so she gets easily drunk from a small amount. Although she drinks frequently (or rather tries to), she usually feels too sick to drink too much. So she most likely has Asian glow/alcohol flush reaction/aldehyde dehydrogenase defects.

last edited at Jun 22, 2015 3:26AM

Fix_it_by_samanthadoodles
joined Jun 7, 2015

Noob question, I have no idea how to confirm my age on Lezhin, anyone know? ._."

and thanks for everything Halmoni you're like the tooth fairy... but for yuri. A yuri fairy lol. If there is any way we can contribute or donate please let us know.

Edit: Nevermind. Google translate works wonders :)

last edited at Jun 22, 2015 3:27AM

grlsgirlsgurls
joined Mar 23, 2015

Yeah, I've mostly given up on being able to acquire apps. x_x

Same date? What timezone are you in? Mine tells me I joined a day before.

GMT +10

last edited at Jun 22, 2015 3:47AM

Dnasty
joined May 14, 2013

Hello, Halmoni. I hope you still check this thread. I wanted to ask something in private, but I don't know how to contact you. Can you point me to somewhere I can talk to you? D: (also, sorry if this isn't related to this discussion, but what I'm gonna ask is somewhat related to this actually. LOL)

last edited at Jun 22, 2015 4:00AM

halmoni Uploader
Jjjtjtjtjy
joined Jan 6, 2015

Hello, Halmoni. I hope you still check this thread. I wanted to ask something in private, but I don't know how to contact you. Can you point me to somewhere I can talk to you? D: (also, sorry if this isn't related to this discussion, but what I'm gonna ask is somewhat related to this actually. LOL)

You can ask me a question on my tumblr (http://halmoniswag.tumblr.com/), or shoot me a message on the FF facebook page.

halmoni Uploader
Jjjtjtjtjy
joined Jan 6, 2015

Like others said, while I'm all for paying authors for their work, I need to know beforehand if it's worth it. I read Sasameki Koto online and immediately bought the 9 volumes in a language I could understand, because I loved it.

I'm not going to pay for a comic that may turn into something I dislike.

Then don't? lol. It's not rocket science. If you don't think it's going to be worth your money, don't pay for it. You do you, boo boo.

What do you think the Korean readers have to go through? Do they get free samples of every pay-to-view manhwa chapter before they buy it? Why do international readers get to be entitled to said free samples, in case they "don't like the work"?

last edited at Jun 22, 2015 5:37AM

joined Mar 23, 2013

I don't feel entitled to anything. If I don't get to read what comes next in WDTFS, well, I don't care much. It's not like it's the end of the world as we know it.

Usually, when I buy a manga, it's because some people have read it before me, reviewed it and I felt it would suit my tastes.

I just don't like the business model of baiting people into buying something without knowing what it is beforehand. I earn my money and I like to know the worth of what I'm spending it on.

Quite agree, with other media and stuff you can always watch/read a bunch of reviews from multiple sources. Because this is a yuri webtoon that not a lot of people know about, it would be hard to get reviews from people you have similar taste with.

Not a lot of people would buy this and know korean and tell me how good it is with a neutral perspective and so I abstain as well.

Like you've said it's not rocket science :D .

Nezchan Moderator
Meiling%20bun%20150px
joined Jun 28, 2012

I don't feel entitled to anything. If I don't get to read what comes next in WDTFS, well, I don't care much. It's not like it's the end of the world as we know it.

Usually, when I buy a manga, it's because some people have read it before me, reviewed it and I felt it would suit my tastes.

I just don't like the business model of baiting people into buying something without knowing what it is beforehand. I earn my money and I like to know the worth of what I'm spending it on.

So you hate free previews of things. They've been common practice for a long-ass time here in the west, you know. I imagine you must have hated the Playable Trailer for Silent Hills being even existing more than the game itself getting cancelled.

Sure, if I get into a series, whether that's manga or western comics or TV or anime or whatever, it will likely be on recommendation of someone else, or I saw the author/artist talking about it somewhere, or someone shared scans/clips and it looked good (hey, that last one sounds like what happened here!). But that's only up to that episode/issue, isn't it? I don't know where future episodes/issues are going to run once I get into the story. So in that way, it's really no different is it? Maybe you'll pay money and it'll keep going somewhere you like. Maybe you'll pay money and it won't. Maybe you'll be like the folks over in the Hibike! Euphonium thread, desperately clinging to hope that it'll go your way. That's how it goes in any serial medium, this isn't any different.

Hell, some restaurants and bars offer free appetizers. No point raging about them if you don't like the entrée, though.

last edited at Jun 22, 2015 9:53AM

Ran-lossy
joined Mar 22, 2015

On a different thread someone linked the Spanish translation up to chapter 9 and a summary up to at least Chapter 13. I DEFINITELY want to get it now. It's kind of nice that sexy stuff is shown early, sets the tone to let you know what to expect in the future, but at the same time, it's not necessarily with the characters you're hoping for so it leaves you wanting still.

Not sure if I was allowed to mention the other thread or the Spanish translations, sorry if I wasn't. I feel like this isn't really spoilers because we definitely already saw a tiny bit of sexy stuff in Chapter 1.

last edited at Jun 22, 2015 10:29AM

mikasamikasa77
Norae
joined Oct 16, 2014

WDTFS is a mature, sex(y) manhua, is very very interesting...

Jpegnagasawa
joined Feb 19, 2014

cool. it seems interesting enough.
I'll probably purchase the credits when the final chapter has been uploaded. :)
cause of the following reasons:
1. i know how much money i would have to spend on it in total, dont wanna waste my bucks on credit i wont use -- as i cant read korean anyway.
2. wont risk a cancellation, in case the author wont finish the story
3. another advantage would be, the english will be up as well

thanks for the translation! am willing to support the author, in the future :)

Yuu
joined Mar 28, 2015

So you hate free previews of things. They've been common practice for a long-ass time here in the west, you know. I imagine you must have hated the Playable Trailer for Silent Hills being even existing more than the game itself getting cancelled.

I don't play previews. I buy games after they come out officially, because I know they suit my tastes.

And a game isn't a comic. Suppose you were baited into buying School Days (random example). Wouldn't you feel dejected when you reach the end?

I don't "rage" because of the free preview. If it's free, I take it. But in this case, I didn't find WDTFS worth spending money, when Stretch, for example, is totally free and much more enjoyable.

Anyway, call me stingy, but I decidedly hate wasting my money on something not worth keeping. I litterally have thousands of manga at home and there's very few I regret buying.

machigai kouhai Uploader
Wympw_yh
NHFH Scanlations
joined Sep 10, 2014

How is this baiting though? You preview some things before purchasing them. You watch a movie trailer and then you say, hey this is great I want to watch it in the theaters. You sample food at the store before eating it. You READ REVIEWS before buying a book. The "risk" is always there, and even if you may not end up enjoying the rest there's always a choice to stop buying. I'm pretty sure there are plenty of people that have read ahead on these manhwa, BY PAYING, and I'm pretty sure they'll say plenty of good things about it.

Even though Yuri as a genre has been way less underground like through the recent years, the future is still not quite bright in my eyes. I can understand that you might want to make sure what you're getting is worth your money, but saying what Halmoni doing here is baiting is absolutely wrong. I may not follow these manhwa, but I do lurk /u/ and other places and I do know that Halmoni and their group has been trying their damn hardest to promote these series in the most legitimate and legal way possible. If you don't want to pay money for an artist's hard work that's completely fine, but don't be sitting here and shitting on other people trying their hardest to do good for both the fans AND the creator. Nobody is coercing you to do anything.

Yuu
joined Mar 28, 2015

I read reviews before watching a movie in theaters, unless it's made by someone I know. I don't see how I could trust a trailer, because they always show the best parts in the trailers. And I don't sample food at the stores.

I didn't get the part where I was criticizing anyone or shitting on anyone? I never said anything about Halmoni or her group. Where the hell does that come from? Don't twist my words.

I just said that I don't like this business model. I'm not out here to pay money to any and all artists who write yuri, even if they work hard.

There are plenty of other ways to reward the authors. Some people have been doing webcomics for decades for free and they still get decent money from it. I recently donated $25 to Gunnerkrieg Court because I love it and I hope he continues as he tries to make a living out of it.

Dynasty Scans
joined Oct 8, 2010

Agree with kouhai.

If you're not bothered to pay $3-4 to buy another 7 chapters of this comic and see whether it is "worth seeing", then that's your prerogative. Like halmoni said, we're not here to tell you what how to spend your money. That being said, I can understand your concern if it takes $3-4 to buy a single chapter but come on...7 chapters for a few quid? It's not a fortune and you can just stop paying if it's not to your tastes. In case you're wondering, the comic won't turn het or something like that if that's what you're concerned about.

We don't receive any money from this, so if you're going to say things like the business model is "baiting" people, then you might as well keep it to yourself because there's nothing anyone can do about it. We know there will at least one person (I hope?) who will be willing pay to see it legally and that's why we're doing it.

To reply you must either login or sign up.