Forum › Cocytus discussion

Yuu
joined Mar 28, 2015

I wouldn't call it a series if it's only two chapters. It's not going to go very far. Some open ending probably.

joined Jan 8, 2014

Is that all we get!? Great intro ch to the story tho ^_^
hopin to read more soon! Thanks for scantalating

joined Sep 15, 2013

Cocytus is the name of the river of wailing, but translation is "lamentation", it seems like that is what the mangaka was going for.

I see, thank you.

Aki
joined May 22, 2014

Kuroneko-san this kuroneko-san that! Oh, you're just falling hard (cute) :3

Jpegnagasawa
joined Feb 19, 2014

The characters remind me of citrus. Blonde with side pony tail and dark haired poker face.

joined Dec 12, 2013

wtf, come on more !

last edited at Jun 7, 2015 8:11AM

Random Reader
joined Nov 30, 2011

Eh? Two chapters? Really? Seems like it could get 10 at a minimum. Well, as long as the ending isn't total crap (someone said it's open ended but if it's not terribly written it shouldn't be an issue).

E
joined Feb 8, 2014

New delicious series.

Book%20and%20cloakhbq1
joined Aug 1, 2011

I love Kuroneko. Somehow, it doesn't surprise me that she spend some time in the US. I think her bluntness isn't so much a lack of social grace as it is a more western attitude, particularly if she was living somewhere like Texas.

Also, I really wish this was longer than it sounds like it's going to be.

Please God. This series has a lot of potential. Don't let it become one of those super stupid, pointlessly overdramatic, unrealistic, stupid love triangle yuri romance series. It's been so long since there was a series that didn't disappoint. Please God. Help me out here lol.

"Their Story" hasn't disappointed me one tiny bit so far.
And I'm pretty stoked about "Fluttering Feelings" too.
Still enjoying "Miss Sunflower" although it's admittedly taking an awfully long time to get anywhere.
There's non-disappointing series IMO.
Oh, and of course "Stretch" assuming it counts as a yuri series . . .

Murcielago hasn't disappointed me yet.

Z%20ss
joined Oct 15, 2013

Eh? Two chapters? Really? Seems like it could get 10 at a minimum. Well, as long as the ending isn't total crap (someone said it's open ended but if it's not terribly written it shouldn't be an issue).

It's more like the ending does not feel like an ending, it certainly was not written as one (and if it was the intent it was a pretty poor attempt), it's abrupt. "Open end", might be a bit of a stretch to call it that because it implies that it was written as so. It's not crap, it's not good, it's more of an "eh, thats it?... ok, I guess..." not something I would like to hear about a story's ending tho. People who read it in spanish are probably not aware that it is complete, just like many who won't read the comments here will probably be waiting for it to continue. Disappointment? I'd say yes, it could've been something interesting.

last edited at Jun 7, 2015 5:27PM

FlameHazeKatsu
Img_1342
joined Feb 5, 2013

hmmm... quite different from the usual high school setting :p ahahah

Purple Library Guy
Kare%20kano%20joker
joined Mar 3, 2013

I love Kuroneko. Somehow, it doesn't surprise me that she spend some time in the US. I think her bluntness isn't so much a lack of social grace as it is a more western attitude, particularly if she was living somewhere like Texas.

Please God. This series has a lot of potential. Don't let it become one of those super stupid, pointlessly overdramatic, unrealistic, stupid love triangle yuri romance series. It's been so long since there was a series that didn't disappoint. Please God. Help me out here lol.

Still enjoying "Miss Sunflower" although it's admittedly taking an awfully long time to get anywhere.

Um . . . true enough, and I guess it's technically yuri, isn't it? The concept weirds me out because I think of it as an ultra-violence manga and I think of yuri as involving sweetness and lilies or else angst and bittersweet drama.
Kase-san is also going strong and shows no signs of betraying the vanilla.

Roomie
joined Mar 9, 2014

Um . . . true enough, and I guess it's technically yuri, isn't it? The concept weirds me out because I think of it as an ultra-violence manga and I think of yuri as involving sweetness and lilies or else angst and bittersweet drama.

Murcielago isn't technically yuri, it's an action seinenish manga with a lesbian main character

Tohka%20not%20crying
joined Jun 6, 2014

I'm going to gander this little diddy will be much like many of the other series this author puts out. Potential to be drawn out into longer series with deeper plot, but instead opted in for a decently well done story in a shorter period of time. For whatever the reason.

And for a more comedic taste, Inu to Neko also does a great job. And recently Sakura Trick has also started to ramp up and realize its potential, and I don't see any signs of it falling apart at the hinges.

I sometimes forget that Miss Sunflower is a thing. Not a complaint but I think it's been updated maybe thrice since I figured out about this site in late 2013.

last edited at Jun 8, 2015 4:42AM

Kitsune Spirit
Kokkurisanicon
joined Apr 8, 2013

I couldn't get this chapter to load on my phone at all...

joined Jun 11, 2015

So, let's see.

Hello, I am the translator for this project.

I'm not going to translate the chapter 2. Hope this says something about how it ends.

I would rather work in Moratorium than anything else. I have the tank for this story, and there was no omake. It ends in chapter 2.

Moratorium is a better story and it has one omake that makes it closed ended.

It's titled Cocytus, because the content is very much like the word itself.

"A Troublesome World" and Renai Manga are better than those one. Probably says a lot too.

last edited at Jun 11, 2015 10:48AM

Coollogo_com_262501472
joined Jul 21, 2014

Interesting but that girl reminds me of Risa-Miya from Sono Hanabira: Maidens of St. Michael's

Dark_Tzitzimine
67763073_p3
joined Dec 18, 2013

So, let's see.

Hello, I am the translator for this project.

I'm not going to translate the chapter 2. Hope this says something about how it ends.

I would rather work in Moratorium than anything else. I have the tank for this story, and there was no omake. It ends in chapter 2.

Moratorium is a better story and it has one omake that makes it closed ended.

It's titled Cocytus, because the content is very much like the word itself.

"A Troublesome World" and Renai Manga are better than those one. Probably says a lot too.

Well shit.

Thanks for your work anyways.

joined Jun 12, 2015

Well, chapter 2 is already translated, so don't worry about that. What's wrong with the ending of Cocytus? I've read the translation of chapter 2 and nothing wrong with it. And it's clearly a yuri ending.

Qndkfwtexmw51%20-%20kopie
joined May 20, 2014

Well, chapter 2 is already translated, so don't worry about that. What's wrong with the ending of Cocytus? I've read the translation of chapter 2 and nothing wrong with it. And it's clearly a yuri ending.

I have to second that. I also don't have anything against the ending, even though I was a bit surprised about how the author actually decided to end this.
Still haven't looked over Moratorium yet, so I can't say anything about the comparison between those two stories, though.
(Moratorium has no progress, just in case some readers might expect this soon too.)
Well, I'm curious about how the other readers will react when we've finished ch02 :P

Ai,yo
joined Dec 24, 2014

I love the East and yet I hate it. When stuff like Invisible Storm in Yuri Kuma or the class like in this manga comes to play, I can't help hating on the societal system of a country that is otherwise a nice place on earth, which somehow doesn't favour a concept of honesty too much ( with honesty apparently being a worldwide human value)

Jitenshazuki
X_a9b648f8
joined Oct 7, 2014

Wow this one is good. Both stories are nice and without happy end which is rare in the genre.

Vegitab%20profile%20pic%20smoll%20tumblr
joined Sep 21, 2014

She feels like crying... because Kuroneko was honest with her and she could never do the same?
In a way, mc's lack of character development IS the character development, as she is completely crushed by social expectations and even when it comes to Kuroneko-san, is unable to be honest about it.
It's kinda a bittersweet ending, more bitter on mc's side anyway

Image62
joined Feb 28, 2015

Well , It wasn't that bad kinda nyaice.

Fc,550x550,white
joined Feb 22, 2015

That was awfully abrupt. It's a shame I was looking forward to more of this as it seemed like there was a lot of potential development left to explore.

In any case I'm not entirely sure how to read the ending, whether or not they'll end up together. Being the optimist I am I choose to believe that over time Shiina will continue to be drawn to Kuroneko and will eventually choose her over social acceptance, and so she is upset after realising that for them to be together she would have to leave behind the life and social status she previously had.
If I wanted to be more negative the ending could just as easily be read as Shiina's realisation that, despite her feelings for Kuroneko, she relies too heavily on social norms and can't abandon them in favour of Kuroneko (we've already seen this once in chapter 2) It's an open ending and can be interpreted how ever the reader wants, I choose to see it as happy but will likely be seen differently by others.

last edited at Aug 17, 2015 12:33PM

To reply you must either login or sign up.