Forum › Posts by hinata0604

joined Jun 11, 2015

The main issue here is that the scanlators did not ask for permission first before scanlating. It was free, it was on pixiv, it was on twitter. How HARD was it to tell the author that you'd like to translate it to English and spread it to a wider audience? You know Japanese, you translate from Japanese, you should've known to do that. It's common courtesy. Stop defending your rudeness and apologize to the artist.

What's not to understand? Imagine you made something in English and you're very proud of it, and then all of a sudden you see it being translated in Japanese without your permission. You'd be happy you get Japanese exposure, but where do the credits go? To the scanlators and not to the author, because the audience does not understand the source language. In the end they appreciate 'the work' and not 'the author' Still doesn't make sense? Try checking your morals, maybe there's something wrong there.

hinata0604
Image Comments 11 Jun 03:16
joined Jun 11, 2015
Rzzdjub

I wonder what part of "無断転載・無断使用・加工・自作発言禁止" from the author's twitter profile is hard to understand for these scanlators. It's the main reason no one has basically translated/scanlated anything from this author.

hinata0604
Cocytus discussion 17 Aug 20:42
joined Jun 11, 2015

Yeah. That's it.

The end. I'm glad someone translated the last chapter, so everyone can see how it ended. I bought the tank for this hoping for an extra chapter for a better closure, but there weren't any.

Moratorium is a better story, out of Kodama's stories, Moratorium may have the best ending out of all of them.

Just like Shiina's last words.

"Why do I feel like crying?" explains everyone's reactions to this ending.

hinata0604
Cocytus discussion 11 Jun 10:48
joined Jun 11, 2015

So, let's see.

Hello, I am the translator for this project.

I'm not going to translate the chapter 2. Hope this says something about how it ends.

I would rather work in Moratorium than anything else. I have the tank for this story, and there was no omake. It ends in chapter 2.

Moratorium is a better story and it has one omake that makes it closed ended.

It's titled Cocytus, because the content is very much like the word itself.

"A Troublesome World" and Renai Manga are better than those one. Probably says a lot too.

last edited at Jun 11, 2015 10:48AM