Natsuki
joined Feb 5, 2015

Damn' it Matsumoto, why? Just why?...

Budokan2
joined Jan 13, 2015

is this completed nao?
i dun wanna read it if it's still running
:<

I'm annoyed, but the entire theme of this side-story is the series of horrifyingly bad decisions the cafe owner and her friend made in their youth, and why their current relationship is so complicated. It's not the "let's fuck around with scumbags because our true feelings are murky and we need to shake ourselves up before we can discover Twu Wub" show. It's small comfort, but I'm at least glad that the author doesn't assume we like the guy. (Hm? "Am I still mad about that"? I couldn't possibly know what you mean.)

Person saying it's consensual because she agreed: yes, she agreed under false pretences, after he figured out that he could effectively hold the other girl hostage to trick her into doing what he wants. At best, that's a cartoon villain forcing someone to choose between killing a bus full of orphans or their lover; more realistically, it's coercion. And anyway, this is the guy who's entire introduction to the story was trying to rape a girl while she was unconscious. Are we seriously concerned about not being sufficiently charitable towards his moral standing? C'mon.

By no means was I trying to be charitable towards the guys moral standings, he is a complete scumbag, and it may not be legally criminal, but what he's doing is morally and socially criminal.

I was just saying that she does have choices in this situation that don't involve her sleeping with him. She's not seeing these options because she's really only concerned about her feelings. She's not trying to save her friend from a bad guy, trying to punish him, or doing this for any other reason than she wants the other girl for herself. Her judgment is impaired and she's making a really bad decision not from the obvious coercion, but from her own errors.

I also don't like the implication of saying she's being forced to do this as if women cannot decide these things on their own. That said I do believe that depending on the situation coercing someone into sex is the same as sexual assault or rape.

Khancrop
joined Feb 18, 2013

I feel dirty and it looks like it's just gonna get worse.

Kitsune Spirit
Kokkurisanicon
joined Apr 8, 2013

That guy deserves a kick in the nuts. He doesn't own Yui's heart so it's not his to give or keep,

OriginalGengar
Kira%202
joined Nov 29, 2014

Is the next Rakuen that publishes Volume 18?

If so, seems like Fragments of Love is getting another chapter.

last edited at May 18, 2015 8:37AM

Cyfer Uploader
513ovydfscl
Divulge Scans
joined Jun 17, 2014

Is the next Rakuen that publishes Volume 18?

If so, seems like Fragments of Love is getting another chapter.

That's just an ad for the volume 3 tank.

OriginalGengar
Kira%202
joined Nov 29, 2014

Ah okay, thanks.

Fc,550x550,white
joined Feb 22, 2015

This was a very nice little extra. I feel like it makes the ending much more conclusive, as the point of the story seemed to be Mika learning to love again, and when the end came and that hadn't happened it felt lacking. Now to see that Mika finally got herself a girlfriend it wraps it up much more neatly and is much more satisfying. Also seeing the almost always stoic Mika acting like a dork was cute.

last edited at May 21, 2015 3:07AM

Screenshot_2020-10-28_003849_2_2_69
joined Sep 14, 2014

I get two favorite authors in one day. Takemiya Jin and Nishi Uko.

41d15eb7093baec072fbb832ad7e1d7d
joined Jun 27, 2014

NOOOOOOOO , darn it ..we want to see who Mika ended up with <3

Untitled
joined Oct 4, 2014

dammit, who is it? who is it arghhhhh

Japanese_eraser_cow_purple_large
joined Nov 5, 2011

I have not the slightest clue who that last lady is.

Dark_Tzitzimine
67763073_p3
joined Dec 18, 2013

Oh, I remember now why I was soured on Jin.

Meh

Little Red Rum
joined Mar 6, 2015

Noooo wait but who did Mika end up with?? urggg Takemiya-sensei why must you pull off a cliffhanger...

joined Jun 17, 2014

Sooo....
Whos that chick....at the end

Random Reader
joined Nov 30, 2011

Fuuuuuuuuu.........

joined Mar 20, 2015

Wait did Mika end up with the girl in the beginning or is it a new girl?

Yuu
joined Mar 28, 2015

The end of the previous chapter reminds me of Chouchou Nannan. A triangle resolved by falling out of love then in love.

Takemiya must love triangles.

Random Reader
joined Nov 30, 2011

Wait did Mika end up with the girl in the beginning or is it a new girl?

Clearly a new girl. And I see no love triangles in the current timeline.

Dynasty Scans
joined Oct 8, 2010

now that i've read it again, i'm surprisingly ok with this ending. yes, it was disappointing that we got a bunch of chapters about mayu and mika only for them to not end up together but looking back it might've been out of character for mika to fall for mayu when she insisted that she's not into younger girls. besides, it doesn't seem as though mayu or saki is unhappy with how things are so it's a good end, not the ending i would've liked, but a good end nonetheless.

ChocolateCakeLover
Gigi7
joined Feb 4, 2015

now that i've read it again, i'm surprisingly ok with this ending. yes, it was disappointing that we got a bunch of chapters about mayu and mika only for them to not end up together but looking back it might've been out of character for mika to fall for mayu when she insisted that she's not into younger girls. besides, it doesn't seem as though mayu or saki is unhappy with how things are so it's a good end, not the ending i would've liked, but a good end nonetheless.

Their happiness and character is irrelevant, fandom wants fandom should get.

Dynasty Scans
joined Oct 8, 2010

ChocolateCakeLover

how could i forget the cardinal rule. oh well, that's what fanart and OOC fanfiction are for right?

Vegitab%20profile%20pic%20smoll%20tumblr
joined Sep 21, 2014

omg takemiya's drawings of Mika's curly hair have improved
It's more smooth now, not as awkward

ChocolateCakeLover
Gigi7
joined Feb 4, 2015

how could i forget the cardinal rule. oh well, that's what fanart and OOC fanfiction are for right?

That they are. I go into every single source of media with open office open for good reason.

To reply you must either login or sign up.