Forum › She, Her Camera and Her Seasons discussion

Tuna%20copy
joined Nov 7, 2014

I'd like to thank this mangaka for not making Akari's friends homophobic and actually giving them some semblance of gaydar, even if they are obsessed with boy bands.
Great story so far. Thank you, Kawaii Scans.

Love.live!.600.1492198
joined Sep 4, 2014

It gets interesting.
Also, @Thao-san, nice avatar picture. :>

joined Oct 11, 2010

Those last few pages in the chapter 2.. I like the sift in tone, this might get interesting...

Tohka%20not%20crying
joined Jun 6, 2014

I don't care if the male stays for all 5 volumes, this charming, beautiful, cliche of a yuri is just what I like.

Hard to call it cliche since a male is, indeed, present.

I get where the hate for that comes from, but it just seems so baseless. Like, if the story still ends up girl x girl, a good, real guy present makes it so much better. It makes it even more real. Everyone has their own preference, which I get, but I don't think it would be either incorrect or rude of me to call attention to the possibility of it being ill-conceived.

Cliche because it takes place in a high school setting and girl A falls for girl B but is unable to express herself. The story isn't deviating much from the usual yuri formula, but it's still very good. I'm really enjoying it

Agreed.

C0142_9_0
joined Apr 21, 2013

page 8 -> page 9 what happened did i skip something 0.o

is this really love triangle or n0t i'm confused.

last edited at May 23, 2015 8:29AM

Akashic Records
Gray.garden.full.1907943.160.213
joined Sep 24, 2013

Hahaha, did she just eavesdrop? It'd be more interesting if she just go in and greet them afterwards.

Imagesn79yw9ay
joined Jan 27, 2012

Just reading this after playing some Life is Strange. Love the camera theme I got going on tonight. :)
Episode 3 is set to be pretty gay...

Kyosaya_Bubbiline
joined Jun 21, 2015

NOOO (╯°□°)╯︵ ┻━┻ MORE!!!

joined Jun 14, 2013

I really don't like that guy. I'm sure you all know his only point is being "the guy" to make her jealous or try to hook up with one of the main girls. It's gonna be pretty irritating seeing this guy flirt every time a new chapter comes out. You might as well spit all over our yuri hearts having a main male in a yuri manga. Shame on you. Torturing us like this is inhuman of you. #disappointed

Dscans%20avatar
joined Mar 30, 2013

I really don't like that guy. I'm sure you all know his only point is being "the guy" to make her jealous or try to hook up with one of the main girls. It's gonna be pretty irritating seeing this guy flirt every time a new chapter comes out. You might as well spit all over our yuri hearts having a main male in a yuri manga. Shame on you. Torturing us like this is inhuman of you. #disappointed

See, I don't share this perspective on the series... or any series. If it's a good story, then it isn't a story anymore. It's a world. The characters are actual people. To me, the guy is perfectly normal. That's exactly what I want in the stories I read. Realism.

I understand the appeal of a completely yuri manga... but I guess it's just not my personal preference.

Edit: Let me rephrase that. There are stories that are good as yuri, some as yaoi, some as vanilla, some as a mix. I quite like all of them. So I don't really notice if there's a guy or a girl like that in these stories until I come to the comments on DR.

last edited at Jul 3, 2015 12:17AM

Bunnythor_full_small
joined May 17, 2015

'Kanojo to Camera to Kanojo no Kisetsu'

All '5 volumes' are reviewed here (SPOILERS):

http://okazu.yuricon.com/?s=Kanojo+to+Camera+to+Kanojo+no+Kisetsu

If you do not like males as a plot device and/or so-called "love triangles" used in GL stories that involve a male, know that the male character is in all 5 volumes to the end.

I'm bailing out of the manga read. I was right to be worried

I agree. It's not just the love triangle, but also the almost always unnecessary time skip at the end that manga writers love to stick in for reasons I cannot comprehend. Between the two, this series is dead to me.

Img_3902
joined Apr 18, 2013

Two chapters within twenty-four hours... Will there be more?

joined Feb 18, 2015

I do really love this so far. Yuki is an amazing character. Too bad the guy didn't get the idea when she was calling out Yuki's name in her sleep...

joined Jan 8, 2014

Still enjoying this bunches! I know we just got 2chs but im still excited for the next one! ^_^

Ymir-and-christa-lenz-historia-reiss-shingeki-no-kyojin-kittyluv57-38197762-736-429
joined May 19, 2014

2 chapters in 2 days! what a treat, thank you Kawaii Scans.

Chapter 4 was very heart-warming. So Yuki's not only an eccentric one but kind as well. I thought that just because she was now sitting next to Rintarou that she'd interact less with Akari. Glad that wasn't the case.

Kyosaya_Bubbiline
joined Jun 21, 2015

┬─┬ ノ( ゜-゜ノ) Thank you for the second helping. THIS WAS GLORIOUS!!!!!

Ihaveseenthelight
joined May 28, 2013

I tend not to like love triangles in general, but that nor the prominent male character bother me.

What does is that this is 5 volumes... holy crap. Feels like this is going to be stretched out too long and too far.

EDIT: Note though that I do like this one. Just hoping it doesn't get stale.

last edited at Jul 3, 2015 3:28AM

Grinning_Wolves
Ldd
joined Apr 9, 2014

I am loving this!!!

Japanese_eraser_cow_purple_large
joined Nov 5, 2011

i honestly feel like yuki is up to no good. its obvious that she feelings for that guy, but why is she getting to so close to akari rather than trying to get with him? i think she knows that that guy has feelings for akari, and shes coming up with some deceitful plan in order to get him to like her instead, not caring about hurting akari in the process.

this manga is more like the real world than i realized initially . and in the real world, there are no bubbly happy ever afters.

last edited at Jul 3, 2015 3:53AM

Omochikaeri_thumb
joined Nov 2, 2013

Question: why is chapter 1 only tagged with het & love triangle? Shouldn't it be for the whole series?

I really don't want Yuki to like that boy, not that there is anything wrong with him, but she is oddly cold to him and I don't know what that means.

but anyways, I think Yuki's smile could give us world peace.

Yuu
joined Mar 28, 2015

It's just a triangle.

Yuki wants Rintaro. Rintaro wants Akari. Akari wants Yuki.

Just Yuki is very manipulative.

If you want spoilers, read the review on Okazu.

The end is not bad or good. It's quite open, with a timeskip of 7 years. Not necessarily a yuri ending, but at least it's not a het ending.

last edited at Sep 25, 2015 10:10PM

A358eac338e2ef5b47aafda9b595bf39
joined Feb 8, 2013

The interactions between Yuki and Akari are sweet. Yuki genuinely cares about her and shows it in subtle/gentle ways.

Yeah, I don't think having a male lead character is a problem. The story is more 'realistic' in a way and poses some of the challenges the other characters might have to overcome.

joined Dec 3, 2014

Why do people here hate the guy so much? To be honest, he is the most decent character throughout the series. Always rooting for yuri but considering how much the two girls hurt each other later, I rather have her ending up with him.

last edited at Jul 3, 2015 4:27AM

Yuu
joined Mar 28, 2015

Anyway, there's actually no het in this I think. Akari rejects completely Rin when he tries to go further. Rin rejects Yuki the same way. Akari continues to obsess about Yuki until the end and can't never let go of her feelings. They are reunited in the end and the yuri ending is still a possibility. Lots of drama and angst, but no het.

last edited at Sep 25, 2015 9:27PM

ChocolateCakeLover
Gigi7
joined Feb 4, 2015

Why do people here hate the guy so much? To be honest, he is the most decent character throughout the series. Always rooting for yuri but considering how much the two girls hurt each other later, I rather have her ending up with him.

Haven't read the whole thread, but I haven't seen much hate. Which her?

To reply you must either login or sign up.