Forum › Posts by skartreuse

skartreuse
Dscans%20avatar
joined Mar 30, 2013

This might be the first time I've ever wanted a manga to stay subtext or less.

The characters acknowledging each other's bodies (he's strong or her arms are so thin) is worrying since I associate those observations with romance but I'm hoping that here it's just about wanting to care for others and be cared for by others.

I love the trio of friends in art club - even though they were introduced as archetypes, they feel real. And I just love the overall mellow feeling of this manga. It's hard to describe!

last edited at Oct 16, 2021 12:56AM

skartreuse
Dscans%20avatar
joined Mar 30, 2013

I like this so far and I'm glad it was uploaded here when it was so I could come across it.

Shimanami Tasogare is another amazing series that wasn't predominantly Yuri that I'm super glad I stumbled upon on here.

Thanks for the upload!

skartreuse
Dscans%20avatar
joined Mar 30, 2013

what does page 1 mean? i dont understand baka me :(

Page 1 is a flashback. Usually pages with black backgrounds are memories/from the past/flashbacks. This one is from before Ito ever met the real Sumika and Ito still idolized her. So she was celebrating her fave idol's birthday on her own.

She was remembering it while sitting across the actual Sumika that she somehow managed to become close to and start dating?! So that's why she's like 'wow, this is too much'/ "sigh, this is too extravagant", cause she can't believe that who she was back then is sitting across the very person she once idolized.

skartreuse
Dscans%20avatar
joined Mar 30, 2013

Thanks for the report. I don't have any insight to offer, but with MangaDex returning very soon, I expect accessibility and speed issues to improve very soon, and significantly.

I've had the same issues for a while now and I'm pretty sure it's because so many chapters get uploaded at ridiculously high resolutions. Might be something worth checking out.

skartreuse
Dscans%20avatar
joined Mar 30, 2013

As they both get to know each other, they'll hopefully like themselves and each other for who they truly are. I hope this doesn't get stupidly long and drawn out with "she likes me when I act like this so I'll force myself to be like that" drama.

I like the characters so far and how much they clearly have their own personalities already. Looking forward to how this turns out.

skartreuse
Dscans%20avatar
joined Mar 30, 2013

The only thing that makes me think this isn't as good as it appears to be, that the author might actually be pretty lazy is that, looking at the art, doesn't it look an AWFUL lot like CG?

Yeah, looks like they directly traced over a model/mannequin. Their bodies are super stiff and the expressions aren't much better. But, other than the stiffness, the art isn't bad.

Dscans%20avatar
joined Mar 30, 2013

Reminds me of a image of two woman in which they said:
W1: We can't, I'm straight
W2: So is spaghetti until it gets wet

I freaking shipped Chloe and Beca so hard in Pitch Perfect 1, I swear Chloe's coming onto Beca.

She is. Kendrick (Beca) and Snow (Chloe) shot a kiss scene for PP3 and strongly wanted them to be an official ship at the end of the series but Universal Studios didn't go through with it.

skartreuse
Syrupy Love discussion 08 Mar 22:16
Dscans%20avatar
joined Mar 30, 2013

P.S. And it's really funny, how hard Tsubasa resist against two guys and how Misaki did nothing against Jun. JUN! WTF with you, Misaki? You really looking forward to it, yeah? I know you did.))

people react to assault in different ways, dude. some people fight back and some people shut down. not sure if you're trolling but your post was extremely insensitive.

btw i really hope this drama resolves with Misaki telling Tsubasa that Jun tried to RAPE her and Tsubasa BELIEVES her. otherwise there's not much point in continuing to read this. If you don't believe your gf when she tells you she was assaulted, what the fuck is the point of a relationship?
This is kind of shaming to rape victims. Not everyone is going to have the same kind of reaction when being forced into something they don't want. The other girl is older and larger. And it's obvious her mental status isn't the kind that allows her to fight back at every instance. No, it's not silly that she doesn't push her off of her. She's young and scared.

Sorry. I'm just a very emotional person. Most of time i really hate this. What i want to say, it's not a "hit her, kick her, etc or you just a trash". I understand that some people don't have a strenght etc for a good resisting, but i speak about THIS situation. What i see here: 1) Misaki and Jun sit on the floor. Jun start raping Misaki. Misaki don't resist and don't try. Jun just groope her. 2) Now then both of them laying on bed. Jun starts liking Misaki's boobs and Misaki still do nothing. Absolutely NOTHIING. How they both turn up on bed? I don't think Jun that strong that she carry Misaki on bed, so, our heroine just do it herself. In that time Misaki just can run or push Jun. Or try to do this. Serioulsly, what she would do if some another random person just try to rape her? Even if this person a weak and small? Do nothing? I don't say that what she need it's succes in her resisting. I sayd that she need to try this at last. Maybe it's just me, but i never understand people, who don't try resist againt this type of situation. Jun don't use gun, knife or she threaten Misaki. So, why just don't try resist? It's better than do nothing. And i don't see so much fear from Misaki - she most like a "wtf? What's going on?".

Well, really sorry, if my post SO extremely insensitive. My "P.S." just was a harsh joke, sorry. Anyway, i hope too on good resolves of this drama, but my opinion about situation don't changes.

Fight, Flight, or Freeze. It's as simple as that. Misaki froze because she wasn't able to understand what was going on. and I don't think you can assume Jun's strength, or any person's strength, based on her appearance. Jun is experienced, Misaki isn't.

Dscans%20avatar
joined Mar 30, 2013

The quality of Korean manhwas is why I have spent a stupid amount of money on Lezhin.

Dude. I have to limit myself so that I don't spend all my money on there. It's nice though, finally being able to give my money to the people that create the series I love. And the fact that Lezhin is doing the translating to English means that they're almost always top notch quality in translation and editing.

I spent almost half of the money I get from financial aid for college on Lezhin... Literally I only have $10 bucks left in my financial aid account right now because whenever there's a sale on Lezhin I'm buying the coins everytime. Which is so dumb and stupid of me but I can't help it their GL stuff is really nice... I may have a problem

The coins go on sale?! I need to start looking out for those sales!!!

Dscans%20avatar
joined Mar 30, 2013

The quality of Korean manhwas is why I have spent a stupid amount of money on Lezhin.

Dude. I have to limit myself so that I don't spend all my money on there. It's nice though, finally being able to give my money to the people that create the series I love. And the fact that Lezhin is doing the translating to English means that they're almost always top notch quality in translation and editing.

skartreuse
Dear discussion 09 Dec 15:58
Dscans%20avatar
joined Mar 30, 2013

A+ for the Imagine Me & You reference in the credits.

Best quote from that movie.

skartreuse
Luna Luna discussion 22 Aug 03:59
Dscans%20avatar
joined Mar 30, 2013

Instead of P-A-D, I read it as D-A-D... Verryyyy confusing read for a few pages before I realized my mistake.

skartreuse
Secret Love discussion 17 Jul 16:11
Dscans%20avatar
joined Mar 30, 2013

And is a woman watching them from behind a tree in the bottom panel on page 29?

It's just a passerby. The "tree" is actually a person's pant legs. The lines are crease lines from where the pants would be folded.

last edited at Jul 17, 2016 4:11PM

skartreuse
Dscans%20avatar
joined Mar 30, 2013

It's nice for all of the chapters to be released at once! I would also love to see more of their relationship. The pacing of the series seems light enough to make a few extra chapters feel natural.

Dscans%20avatar
joined Mar 30, 2013

Whenever I read Takemiya Jin's latest chapters on here I always have to go back and read everything else she's made in the past again. Always.

skartreuse
Magan&Danai discussion 08 Jul 00:30
Dscans%20avatar
joined Mar 30, 2013

also ..Did she just call her "stinky" ?

I read somewhere that people actually enjoy their significant other's body odor. I'm sure that's not true for all couples.
Internet is a scary place.

Yeah, something about how their hormones can attract you...? So if someone smells good to you without any fragrances added then you will most likely be attracted to them...? I know I've read that somewhere too.

Dscans%20avatar
joined Mar 30, 2013

I really don't like that guy. I'm sure you all know his only point is being "the guy" to make her jealous or try to hook up with one of the main girls. It's gonna be pretty irritating seeing this guy flirt every time a new chapter comes out. You might as well spit all over our yuri hearts having a main male in a yuri manga. Shame on you. Torturing us like this is inhuman of you. #disappointed

See, I don't share this perspective on the series... or any series. If it's a good story, then it isn't a story anymore. It's a world. The characters are actual people. To me, the guy is perfectly normal. That's exactly what I want in the stories I read. Realism.

I understand the appeal of a completely yuri manga... but I guess it's just not my personal preference.

Edit: Let me rephrase that. There are stories that are good as yuri, some as yaoi, some as vanilla, some as a mix. I quite like all of them. So I don't really notice if there's a guy or a girl like that in these stories until I come to the comments on DR.

last edited at Jul 3, 2015 12:17AM

skartreuse
Dscans%20avatar
joined Mar 30, 2013

I hope these sites are going to eventually branch out into international languages. I'm not sure how they would handle getting all languages available but I'm seriously all for buying the series I love. This seems like a good step-forward to that goal. I appreciate your hard work!

I looked through these forums, maybe not hard enough, but couldn't find a link to the Tampermonkey script? I thought I read about it in someone else's post but I can't seem to find it.

Also, just to clarify, points are completely different from coins, right?

skartreuse
Dscans%20avatar
joined Mar 30, 2013

It didn't seem like they broke up to avoid a long distance relationship to me... In my opinion, the reason they broke up is similar to Marshall and Lily in How I Met Your Mother. One of them was interested in doing something else with their lives which involved taking a break from their partner even though they were both still into each other.

At least that's what I got out of it based on,

I am leaving this familiar town and going to Tokyo to realize my dreams.

and also

We were going down different paths so we talked it over again and again, and this is what we decided together.

skartreuse
Dscans%20avatar
joined Mar 30, 2013

Short and sweet. Itou Hachi is becoming a new favorite of mine.

skartreuse
My Beloved discussion 10 May 19:21
Dscans%20avatar
joined Mar 30, 2013

I think the black haired girl is just playing with Satomi. That's the vibe I'm getting based on the facial expressions she always has on and how she just kind of randomly started the whole "you're into girls aren't you, Satomi?" conversation after she broke up with a guy that she started dating at a mixer after one week... I mean, I understand the concept of group dates/mixers but I just feel like most relationships from a mixer don't go very far. So someone that not only organizes a casual teen get-together (that usually, from what I've seen in other manga, consists of teens that want to get laid), but also herself begins dating one of those guys at the mixer, and THEN after just a week they break up. I don't know, I guess her personality just screams casual. Like the type of person that gets bored and moves on to the next interesting thing in a snap.

last edited at May 10, 2015 7:37PM

skartreuse
Their Story discussion 17 Mar 17:15
Dscans%20avatar
joined Mar 30, 2013

That last part where the lady was like, "are you trying to seduce me" was hilarious, literally laughed out loud!

Everytime I read the new updates, I reread the entire thing. Too cute.

last edited at Mar 17, 2015 5:40PM

skartreuse
Lily Love discussion 08 Feb 22:33
Dscans%20avatar
joined Mar 30, 2013

Something is off with the dialogue. I don't know if that's a translation issue or just the author's issue. It just reads awkwardly. The random panels of color bothered me too. Seems interesting. I'll be keeping up with it.

and as for the "ugly" issue. In most of the manga I've read where chracters say they are ugly, it is only themselves that think so. They're typically fine, maybe even attractive, but their personal perception of themselves is skewed to think that they aren't as attractive as they actually are. A lot of people are like this. They're insecure. Of course there's all sorts of other possibilities. The author might just not want to draw an ugly character. shrugs

*just re-read it. part of the awkwardness in the dialogue might just be due to the situation of meeting some random person and then accidentally "forcing" them to stop smoking.

last edited at Feb 8, 2015 10:36PM

skartreuse
Their Story discussion 02 Feb 17:27
Dscans%20avatar
joined Mar 30, 2013

y r the pics getting smaller??? @A@ i cant read it!!

Press the resize button at the top right!

skartreuse
First Love discussion 27 Jan 20:43
Dscans%20avatar
joined Mar 30, 2013

I wasn't extraordinarily cute

How come whenever a manga says that, it's never reflected in the art? Just... Just look at page 6.

Some people are genuinely like that in real life, though. They think they're not cute but everyone else knows that they actually are.