Forum › Virgins' Empire discussion

Stroke_it
joined Aug 1, 2014

I consider them to be "pseudo"-twins the same way young looking girls in hentai are "of course" 18 yo. ( ͡° ͜ʖ ͡°)

So it's a translation choice rather than actual info given by the author ? 'cause in the latter case, it would bring a definite answer to the question while the former would still leave it up in the air. :p

No, it's definitely written like that by the author. But y'know that doesn't mean that they are not related. When a hentai artists states that a character is 18 yo, you know that that's not how you're supposed to interpret it and he knows that you know etc. I wouldn't be surprised if their pseudo-twin status is going to be retconned at some point later in the series.
If you want to take it as definite proof that they're not related, be my guest. But that leaves you with the unsatisfying dilemma of how two unrelated girls can be so uncannily similar looking and also have nearly identical names. Names that you might choose as a parent if you had twins.
Maybe the best strategy is to abandon the attempt to apply real world logic on this topic and just acknowledge that the author is having fun with it and leave it at that.

last edited at Jun 1, 2016 12:12PM

Trash%20minesan
joined Nov 13, 2015

Never noticed Honoka & Kaoru were sisters

St1
joined Feb 17, 2013

Ok - if that is how the author writes it then they are not sisters - until he does retcon them - at least imo - there is no need for an author to do a - 'they are 18 ofcourse - wink wink' thing for them - that is to get round drawing underage girls that might be an issue in some areas or whatever - when no such issue exists for making them sisters if he wants?

I'd guess he likes the idea of twins from an appearance perspective but doesn't want them as sisters in case people think it a bit creepy real sisters being so close maybe? I'd be quite surprised if they retcon them into sisters later.

As for my first point - Ok so it didn't literally mean they are already having sex :) Maybe you could go with - 'this is what I look like when Yuu is having her way with me.'? It's a bit long maybe - and still can mean sex - but maybe it works better?

F4x-3lwx0aa0tcu31
joined Apr 20, 2013

Sadist queen is too cute

Stroke_it
joined Aug 1, 2014

Maybe you could go with - 'this is what I look like when Yuu is having her way with me.'? It's a bit long maybe - and still can mean sex - but maybe it works better?

No, that's perfect. The chapter file should be updated shortly.

if that is how the author writes it then they are not sisters

It's evidence but not overwhelming evidence.

there is no need for an author to do a - 'they are 18 ofcourse - wink wink' thing for them - that is to get round drawing underage girls that might be an issue in some areas or whatever

Actual laws ware just one reason why an author might do something like that. A few sentences later you even provide an explanation yourself:

but doesn't want them as sisters in case people think it a bit creepy real sisters being so close maybe?

Mask
joined Jan 6, 2015

I'm still not a fan of the S&M pair, but the wonderfully tanned legs made up for it.

Roomfortwo
joined Feb 11, 2014

Oh, I'm in the "they're actual twins !" faction, so I'll gladely take it the way you said, DrMario. XD

As for why the author might want to go for the "pseudo"-twins, well they did kiss a couple times, so might be his way to ease it up with those who might be miffed at twincest.

But yeah, that's not that much of an issue, I just love those two and it's fun to try to find hints over the manga to find out what they actually are as the author seem to go both way depending on his mood.

NozoEli_trash
Img_20150911_005715
joined Sep 10, 2015

Fave pairs xD
1. Yuu x Mari
2. Chie x Ai
3. Kaoru x Shizuka

St1
joined Feb 17, 2013

I never really understood the point in 'mock' incest in manga - like they are adopted or sisters by marriage or whatever - if you think your readers wont like an incest angle then just make them unrelated and not sisters. If your readers ARE into the idea of incest then making them not 'really' sisters will just annoy them?

Personally I really like that angle so even if I think the evidence is stronger for them not being sisters, I'm happy to keep the possibility open - and even hope the author just DOES come out and say they are :)

And I'm glad you liked the suggestion!

P.s Does anyone know if this manga is a lot ahead in releases in japan? Just wondering how long it will go on for - and If we will ever get any actual couples in it? It would be really nice to have a bit of real romance and kissing etc in it!

Chinatsu%202
joined Jan 27, 2016

P.s Does anyone know if this manga is a lot ahead in releases in japan? Just wondering how long it will go on for - and If we will ever get any actual couples in it? It would be really nice to have a bit of real romance and kissing etc in it!

It's well past 100 chapters in the Japanese release and still going.

phatboisteez
Cate
joined May 15, 2015

Lewd

Yuu
joined Mar 28, 2015

Tsundere Sadist. Best type.

Vegitab%20profile%20pic%20smoll%20tumblr
joined Sep 21, 2014

Never noticed Honoka & Kaoru were sisters

Same, I went back just to check the names and woooww okaayyyyy this should be interesting

Nishiki%20gosu%20rori%20dark%20hair%20sm
joined Jan 11, 2015

Having read the original RAWs, I'd say that the original Japanese is just as ambiguous. She thinks "あたし・・・優にされてる時って・・・こんなかおしちゃってるんだ・・・", which pretty much translates to "So... This is how I look... When Yuu is doing me...".

As for what I think, as much as the sexual tension between them could be cut with scissors, I don't think they've gone all the way yet. Yuu's a bit too shy for that, IMO.

Concerning Mahiro x Mahiru, it's been canon that they aren't twins since the very first chapter they were introduced (ch14). They don't even have the same family name (Ogi Mahiru & Ooshita Mahiro), and this is also spotlighted in a later chapter about them.

Roomfortwo
joined Feb 11, 2014

Yet in other chapters, they're refered as twins, one of them refer to herself as "the older sister" and several things that casts a doubt about this. So yeah, feels like the author has fun being confusing about them on purpose

2014-03-26
joined Feb 23, 2015

Man I didn't realize Honoka and Kaoru are sisters until I read the contents page lol. I'm really slow

joined Jan 11, 2015

I'm 99% sure it's just a nickname, because of how they look and act. But hey, that's just, like, my opinion man.

joined Sep 11, 2014

hot.... but i hope they remembered to grab the pictures 0-0

Capture
joined Mar 9, 2013

hot.... but i hope they remembered to grab the pictures 0-0

Right?!
I was just thinking about that. Maybe they cancelled it? Pretty sure Mari would have wanted those printed.

Chinatsu%202
joined Jan 27, 2016

Concerning Mahiro x Mahiru, it's been canon that they aren't twins since the very first chapter they were introduced (ch14). They don't even have the same family name (Ogi Mahiru & Ooshita Mahiro), and this is also spotlighted in a later chapter about them.

Yeah, the explanations people have come up with for how they're totally actually twins guys have all been pretty big reaches. They're just weirdly identical friends who have intentionally maximized their similarity.

NobodySpecialxxxx
Akarriiii.png
joined Dec 5, 2015

By far this is my favorite couple out of this series!~

joined Jan 11, 2015

Yeah, the explanations people have come up with for how they're totally actually twins guys have all been pretty big reaches. They're just weirdly identical friends who have intentionally maximized their similarity.

It's hard to tell in most pictures, because the author's style, but in some of the more detailed drawings, such as page 6-7 of ch67, it's noticable that Mahiro has tsurime and a smaller chest, while Mahiru has tareme and a slightly larger chest.

In most of the pictures they are drawn identically, save for hair colour though... =ω=

Fetish%20notebook%20lsmol
joined May 20, 2013

Man I didn't realize Honoka and Kaoru are sisters until I read the contents page lol. I'm really slow

I don't even think they got close to interacting. Were we supposed to glean that from the stories somewhere?

joined Jan 11, 2015

I don't even think they got close to interacting. Were we supposed to glean that from the stories somewhere?

While they're both really tall, and have the same family name, that family name is used so rarely in the story, and Yamada is a suuuuper common name, so I have to think that the reader is indeed intended to be surprised.

last edited at Jun 2, 2016 1:37AM

Fetish%20notebook%20lsmol
joined May 20, 2013

Oh I didn't even realize Honoka was tall.

That said, I notice a resemblance...in their eyes.

To reply you must either login or sign up.