20210727_225006
joined Dec 9, 2021

Wait whoooooot?!

One month left?

DRAMA!!!

420e065dfd1a4d6b3655ec2b8f710afc%20(1)
joined Apr 25, 2020

17hunter00 posted:

Oh damn oh damn OH DAMN, DRAMA IS BACK IN OTOME NO TEIKOKU AND OF COURSE IT'S KAORU LOL

I mean, in this time is not Kaoru. Kaoru is just worried about the sister. The drama source is the fact that Elisha is supposed to leave Japan

True that, I completely missed that comment, and now I'm sad lol I thought she was just saying "you're gonna abandon her" like doubting Elisha but now I see it was in a literal sense damn, sad

D5aad09a-7f7c-4c16-aad1-2b0b94587149
joined Nov 13, 2022

Love the sports(?) commentary at the end there

joined Apr 10, 2023

They better not break up Honoka and Eli >:(

Dynasty-edited-winter-pharm
Dynasty Scans
joined Oct 29, 2010

Its always great seeing more Honoka and Elisha.

The credit page is funny and insightful. Always a nice treat at the end of these chapters.

welease.wodger
joined Oct 2, 2021

A month in VE time?..no worries , Kishi- san can stretch that out for a couple of years in real time

Absolute-territory-2.jpg
joined Mar 4, 2018

Little Honoka and Eli on the couch is quite an amazing picture, sharing their worlds "transcendentally."

Nobody
joined Aug 17, 2019

Wait... you mean to tell us, time actually moves !?

joined Dec 29, 2022

Ahh, love that we're back to having some plot. I'm really interested in the inciting incident being Kaoru and Elisha finally meeting. Obviously we're having some overprotective big sister vibes, but I feel like a large part of this is going to be Kaoru projecting onto Honoka.

Back in ch 61 we found out Kaoru had a breakdown and stopped eating when Shizuka broke up with her. I wonder if she's worried that Honoka will react in a similar way if she loses Elisha?

Unnamed
joined Sep 11, 2019

Bro noooooo....
I was happy not knowing when Elisha has going to return to America :(
Honoka it's time to marry Elisha to get her japanese citizenship quick

saltyslug5561
Yvo0lylulbwzixjblrxj
joined May 12, 2020

Oh shite. Just realized the "Part 1". Also seeing Kaoru being happy for her sister to coming to the sad realization about their relationship has been a roller coaster. Like we forgot about it too. So it really uses the glacial pace of the manga for plot purposes.

Tsuki-chan Uploader
Unknown
Chads no Teikoku
joined Dec 18, 2013

V-Oblivion posted:

Wait... you mean to tell us, time actually moves !?

My exactly same thought. After all those 5+ christmasts and valentine's days, too.
Also Elisha having to return to America implies Kaoru, Shizuka and Nonononon must graduate, too.

joined May 23, 2013

My exactly same thought. After all those 5+ christmasts and valentine's days, too.

My favorite example of this is how one of the early Mio/Shizuka chapters is set on Valentine's Day and they clearly aren't a couple yet. The Japanese school year ends in March. The entirety of the Mio-Shizuka-Kaoru-Mask drama must have thus logically taken place over the course of a month.

Though in Kishi's defense, I don't think he's ever had the same characters celebrating the same holiday more than once.

Yuibless
joined Jan 30, 2017

Get Nihongo Jouzu'd, idiot.

Wait, wdym next month?

Screenshot%202023-08-18%20at%2014-36-31%20dynasty%20reader%20%c2%bb%20virgins'%20empire%20ch136
joined Jun 13, 2023

Back in ch 61 we found out Kaoru had a breakdown and stopped eating when Shizuka broke up with her. I wonder if she's worried that Honoka will react in a similar way if she loses Elisha?

I'd love if we get an entire chapter about Kaoru worrying about this and when Elisha does leave japan, Honoka is a bit bummed out but when she goes to check on Honoka in her room she is happily drawing and video calling Eli. and then Kaoru feels like an idiot for thinking her sister was that fragile.

last edited at May 23, 2024 10:17AM

Alice_is_lost
joined Mar 29, 2021

I'd love if we get an entire chapter about Kaoru worrying about this and when Elisha does leave japan, Honoka is a bit bummed out but when she goes to check on Honoka in her room she is happily drawing and video calling Eli. and then Kaoru feels like an idiot for thinking her sister was that fragile.

You know what would be fun? Even if that didn't happen I wish someone would make a doujin about it.
If I get my art skills up, I might actually do it.

Tron-legacy
joined Dec 11, 2017

My favorite example of this is how one of the early Mio/Shizuka chapters is set on Valentine's Day and they clearly aren't a couple yet. The Japanese school year ends in March. The entirety of the Mio-Shizuka-Kaoru-Mask drama must have thus logically taken place over the course of a month.

Though in Kishi's defense, I don't think he's ever had the same characters celebrating the same holiday more than once.

Yeah, I've suspected for awhile that the timeline for all these relationships is jumbled up. I think all the holiday events are taking place concurrently, we just see them way out of order.

1453e55cc3ab545974cae651c20afaf3
joined May 28, 2021

Yeah, I've suspected for awhile that the timeline for all these relationships is jumbled up. I think all the holiday events are taking place concurrently, we just see them way out of order.

That would make a lot of sense. It's pretty much the only logical way of doing a very long running manga in a school setting, unless you go the comedy route and none of it really matters a la yuru yuri.

Yuri Yuriyuri
Miowink
joined Aug 21, 2020

Oh shit

joined Oct 13, 2014

there goes my favorite couple T-T

420e065dfd1a4d6b3655ec2b8f710afc%20(1)
joined Apr 25, 2020

I'm gonna cry

Img_20151224_170313
joined Feb 21, 2016

i got so excited about time finally moving that i went and checked the raws (289 is the most recent normal chapter, also the prequel chapters were actually from the 2019-2022 pairing compilation books, not recent). anyway idk if the Chads check this thread but there is one more page of 289 that's missing here

joined May 23, 2013

That would make a lot of sense. It's pretty much the only logical way of doing a very long running manga in a school setting, unless you go the comedy route and none of it really matters a la yuru yuri.

Mind you, the timelines still doesn't make sense. For instance, Honoka first meets Ed and Ian when Eli invites her to their home for Christmas. The next time they meet is during the summer festival. As I said above, the school year ends in March. The previous chapter confirms Eli won't stay in Japan long after the school year ends, since it's set a month before her leaving and Kaoru still hasn't graduated.

As far as I can tell, the time rules of this manga are something like this:
1. Chapters can take place whenever in the school year. Despite this, each storyline advances linearly. For instance, Chie and Ai are not dating in any chapter that appeared before ch. 105 and are dating in all chapters that appear afterwards, unless the chapter is clearly marked as a flashback.
2. To avoid really blatant paradoxes, no character is allowed to celebrate the same holiday or other event twice.
3. Entrance exams and running out of time with their romances because of graduation are not usually a concern to any of the third years. EliHono is the only couple on a deadline, at least for now.

Nobody
joined Aug 17, 2019

So... problem solved?

Tsuki-chan Uploader
Unknown
Chads no Teikoku
joined Dec 18, 2013

we're sorry for the missing page! chaper is now updated!

To reply you must either login or sign up.