Forum › Notes From The Garden Of Lilies discussion

Dark_Tzitzimine
67763073_p3
joined Dec 18, 2013

Do have to say again, those last 2 pages made the entire manga infinitely better than what I thought about it.

It's also one hell of a tease though

Yeah is kind of bothersome the way a lot of yuri mangas end just when things are getting good.

Z%20ss
joined Oct 15, 2013

Do have to say again, those last 2 pages made the entire manga infinitely better than what I thought about it.

Yeah is kind of bothersome the way a lot of yuri mangas end just when things are getting good.

Irritating in my case, those endings usually makes me completely trash my opinion on whatever it is that I read.

Random Reader
joined Nov 30, 2011

Irritating in my case, those endings usually makes me completely trash my opinion on whatever it is that I read.

Totally agreed. The entire set of extras really elevates this series.

And I too wish most would go beyond high school, through college, and into adulthood. Hell, I wouldn't mind a few time skips here and there.

joined Aug 8, 2013

You have to remember that the magazine this ran in was cancelled and the author went out of his way to tie up all the loose ends and still provide a satisfying end with the special. Who knows how many volumes this would've had otherwise.

Dynasty%20necromancer
joined Mar 6, 2014

I actually love those types of ending, in Girlfriends it was great to see that both were alive and kickin', and this one was actually better
Problem is that, unlike Girlfriends, we didn't get to see both of them enjoying their new relationship and the ending was quite the slap on the face of whoever wanted to see them reaching the stage of living together

Z%20ss
joined Oct 15, 2013

I actually love those types of ending, in Girlfriends it was great to see that both were alive and kickin', and this one was actually better
Problem is that, unlike Girlfriends, we didn't get to see both of them enjoying their new relationship and the ending was quite the slap on the face of whoever wanted to see them reaching the stage of living together

Better than when NOTHING happens.

Dark_Tzitzimine
67763073_p3
joined Dec 18, 2013

Is dissapointing when you need Yuri googles to read 'yuri' manga -_-

Dynasty%20necromancer
joined Mar 6, 2014

I think it's pretty obvious that both of them burned their cosmos through the stars, it's just a shame we didn't get to SEE it
Funny how it's similar to The Flower And The Star where both feature yuri kisses but not between the main characters
Why do they do that
Why

Z%20ss
joined Oct 15, 2013

I think it's pretty obvious that both of them burned their cosmos through the stars, it's just a shame we didn't get to SEE it

I prefer when they get together early, I find it more entertaining when they actually interact with each other as a couple (I like flirtyness... I need to go re-read Wife and Wife) Like the side couple on this manga, Shinobu and Azusa. Currently I don't read anything where they aren't a couple or get together early, except for re-reads of already completed stuff OR if it's quite hilarious like: Shinozaki-san Ki wo Ota Shika ni!

Rarely get mangas like that tho, kinda why I go mainly for doujins now (preferably from mangakas that do story-connected doujins).

On a side note, a bit offtopic on the replies... This mangaka made Azusa a really attractive, yet not overdone, character... I rarely say that about manga characters...
http://dynasty-scans.com/chapters/notes_from_the_garden_of_lilies_shinobus_story#8
Is it just me? Lol

last edited at Apr 4, 2014 3:30PM

Dynasty%20necromancer
joined Mar 6, 2014

I think it's just yOH SHIT JOJO RELEASED!
Ahem...
I actually think Shinobu's cuter, but that's just how i roll
Yuri and Fujiwara are god-tier though

last edited at Apr 4, 2014 5:58PM

Sakuratrick
joined Apr 9, 2013

ehhh is it really over?
:/
wish it were finished off where they become official
yuri is too oblivious xD
she should be honored because not only is someone from a distinguished family considered to be her friend, but also loving her OTL

Z%20ss
joined Oct 15, 2013

ehhh is it really over?

The final extra pretty much implies they became a couple.

joined Nov 30, 2011

ehhh is it really over?

I also got the impression that everyone knew during their schooling that they were dating despite both girls trying to keep it a secret. Not to mention their double-date.

Sin%20t%c3%adtulo
joined Apr 24, 2014

ehhh is it really over?

I also got the impression that everyone knew during their schooling that they were dating despite both girls trying to keep it a secret. Not to mention their double-date.

Yeah, I also got that impression since the other girls said something like "they´re officially going out" and stuff. Ah, I really love this manga ♥

Motoko.edited.1
joined May 2, 2014

this was good, but like others have said it was just getting started when it ended. the extra made it so much better, and of course I think its meant to be taken that they are a couple and together.

I like it when manga has a build up over most of the story, has a confession, they get together, and then maybe 1 or 2 chapters more about them being together.

this was still really good though, and I really enjoyed it!!

Yuri_Is_My_Lyfe
X
joined Feb 8, 2014

Loved it!

Yandere%20=%20423182%20-%20copy
joined Nov 29, 2013

KAWAII

Jackavi
joined Feb 23, 2014

i never noticed chapter 3.5 had a yui ikari reference, awesome

Aru23
joined Jun 24, 2013

I couldn't end up liking Misono, didn't like her at the beginning, took a like at the middle, and end up not liking her much at the final.
But I'll took away every bit of dislike I have only for the extras, I think that is where the author is more good at, and the last page.. it was just superb.

Random Reader
joined Nov 30, 2011

I think it's the rarity of these extras depicting what happens after high school that makes some series become much more than a regular romance story.

joined Aug 21, 2014

Aw man~! I wanted to see more teasing. Darn. masochist

This was a cute story. I especially loved the special. Hehehe.

Img_20220214_023902-min
joined May 10, 2014

Hmm pretty good...*reads the vol 2 sp.* yeah I enjoyed this one reads last pages WHAAAAAAAATT?! didn't expect that. Good read...too bad no kiss :p.

joined May 26, 2013

Under risk of some people wanting to skin me alive, I think this story is great as it it, and yes, that includes the end point. Aside from the fact that the extras "hint" a relationship of the kind we were here for (it's pretty much evident), I mean, because you could ignore them and even then the only possible way for them to go would be becoming a couple.

Misono couldn't be more obvious if she confessed (seriously, "That will do for now"?), and Yuri's just oblivious from beginning to end. Their relationship progressed a lot in a short time, though, and as I see it the whole development made it seem as if it would progress to romantic sooner rather than later. And we already saw that, apparently, they started dating while still in high school. Meaning, it couldn't have taken them more than three years after first meeting.

As it is, anything more could've been excessive, depending on the... management of the story. Mind you, all this doesn't mean I wouldn't have liked more, only that we've seen how things can turn out when the story is stretched too much. I'd rather have it end here than have it go in circles for another lot of chapters.

joined Jan 8, 2014

Time to sit back with some iced coffee and pie, and read this again.

Allow me to join you

I shall join you guys, getting myself some snacks and drinks.
It's like a small party :p

Lol well pizza and iced tea...and a good re-read ^_^

A2bcf11834a1918b3f09b4219b2a099f_r
joined Aug 16, 2014

I liked this, even if it was a bit on the short side. While I appreciate conciseness, I'd have loved to see the developments stretched out a bit (and maybe see a little more of Shinobu?).
Also: that postscript s2 =3

Under risk of some people wanting to skin me alive, I think this story is great as it it, and yes, that includes the end point. Aside from the fact that the extras "hint" a relationship of the kind we were here for (it's pretty much evident), I mean, because you could ignore them and even then the only possible way for them to go would be becoming a couple.

Misono couldn't be more obvious if she confessed (seriously, "That will do for now"?), and Yuri's just oblivious from beginning to end. Their relationship progressed a lot in a short time, though, and as I see it the whole development made it seem as if it would progress to romantic sooner rather than later. And we already saw that, apparently, they started dating while still in high school. Meaning, it couldn't have taken them more than three years after first meeting.

As it is, anything more could've been excessive, depending on the... management of the story. Mind you, all this doesn't mean I wouldn't have liked more, only that we've seen how things can turn out when the story is stretched too much. I'd rather have it end here than have it go in circles for another lot of chapters.

While I agree with much of that, I still feel kinda cheated out of the confession. I mean, just imagine their faces! XD

To reply you must either login or sign up.