Forum › Posts by Yuri_Is_My_Lyfe

Yuri_Is_My_Lyfe
X
joined Feb 8, 2014

When I saw that it was licensed, I bought the series from Amazon. Not too shabby if you get used. Anywho, I reread the 1st volume and the started the 2nd. I love Milk. Girlfriends is my all time favorite series so far. I even have it as my profile pic. I read the 2nd volume in about 2 hours, I was so excited. However, I must be honest when I say that I was very disappointed with this ending. It was entirely too rushed. I know many mangas are often rushed, but this one went from 0 to 100 in 2 pages, and then back to 0. I was rather upset that I stayed up late on a work night to complete it. Eh. Win some, lose some I suppose.

Yuri_Is_My_Lyfe
X
joined Feb 8, 2014

I've read a few comments and people are freaking out. But looking at the table of contents in the beginning of Looking to Tomorrow, it would appear a few chapters are still missing. So, MAYBE we'll get the closure we want once (if) they are translated. Or am I the crazy one??

Yuri_Is_My_Lyfe
Not yaoi discussion 13 Feb 15:07
X
joined Feb 8, 2014

What the fuck does this tag actually mean anyway?

Haha, I was just wondering myself as I noticed it on a new release of Takemiya Jin.

Yuri_Is_My_Lyfe
Green discussion 05 Oct 03:43
X
joined Feb 8, 2014

starsaber123

I didn't think the ending was that confusing. Im guessing Megumi is in college somewhere else and they are still in constant contact indicated by her roommate remarking if the letter is from the girl Megumi is always talking to. I think the ending implies they are still together albeit really lonely being apart. Long distance relationships suck.......I know for a fact :) (turned out well though!). I guess it's a weird bit of realism in our fiction.

As I said it's a large and random jump that makes it feel like there's a chapter or two missing. Everything you said is your best guess and that is the entire issue. It's a guess. The author just dumps this extra chapter on us with no actual context.

I hear that many mangakas are "forced" into doing an extra, even if they do not wish to. Might be why it kinda sucks.

Yuri_Is_My_Lyfe
Love Sign discussion 13 Sep 10:41
X
joined Feb 8, 2014

So, I guess I'm the only one who wasn't so hot about the drawing style? The story was ok, and if there was a sequel, I'd probably read it, but it didn't leave me freakishly wanting more. Eh, to each her own.

Yuri_Is_My_Lyfe
X
joined Feb 8, 2014

So happy i read this. I was first introduced to Blue Drop with the anime. As I don't do spoilers, it was a wonderful story full of hope and happiness... until the freakin end destroyed my heart!!!! Then I read up on things and found out how even the manga is depressing. I got a tip on this one a year later and feel a little better.

Yuri_Is_My_Lyfe
Cocytus discussion 05 Sep 17:47
X
joined Feb 8, 2014

Wow. Now, I will say I'm a sucker for the "cutesy, happy ending" mangas, but I rather enjoyed this. It's so real. Shiina is a a teenage girl. While we can all speak on how she should have been brave, think about your own teenage experience. While there are the few who are brave for one reason or another, most teenagers just want to be accepted. I can't think of anyone who would choose to be bullied. And though I usually hate stories that keep me guessing, the mangaka portrays this story so beautifully, that I don't mind. Just use your imagination and finish the story to your liking. If others can do so on paper, I'm pretty sure you can do so in your mind (using "your" to generalize the audience, not aimed at anyone, in case that wasn't noticed lol)

Yuri_Is_My_Lyfe
X
joined Feb 8, 2014

Hirao Auri loves to torture us in all of their mangas :'(

Yuri_Is_My_Lyfe
X
joined Feb 8, 2014

The author of this should be shot for his crime against yuri manga!!!

That's a bit extreme, don't ya think?

Lol, I thought it was funny.

Yuri_Is_My_Lyfe
X
joined Feb 8, 2014

When a manga leaves you with a stupid smile on the face, you know is good stuff!

Yes, it is. But not so good when you're trying to read in secret at work. Don't want a bunch of people passing my desk with a cheesy smile on my face lol. The struggle is real.

Yuri_Is_My_Lyfe
X
joined Feb 8, 2014

Hmm, first post here, why not add another forum to the many I already frequent and discuss things?

I didnt quote it all, becase it was quite lengthy, but I agreed with a lot of what you said. By the end of this manga, Sacchan's character really pissed me off. As many people said "she technically didn't cheat", she knew fully well what Ruki thought of their relationship and how Ruki loved her. The whole time I'm thinking, if you don't love her, just break u with her. I was very surprised they stayed together.

Eh, I don't know how I feel about this story. Yes, much of it was realistic, but hell if you realistically have friends like this, then people need new friends.

X
joined Feb 8, 2014

Oh goodness what I wouldn't give for Riko and Haru to NOT end up together! Seriously, can't we just have two main characters in a Yuri manga who don't end up together?

I dunno, Takemiya Jin tried that and people 'round here complained pretty hard about it.

I myself did not like that either. Riko & Haru!!!

Yuri_Is_My_Lyfe
Prunus Girl discussion 19 Apr 19:12
X
joined Feb 8, 2014

I started this last year and had to take a hiatus. It was very funny in the beginning, but found the fact that Maki and Kizuna kept being chased around exhausting. But as I do not like to leave things undone, I finally finished the last 12 chapters today. Very satisfied with this series. I only wish that Non-chan found love. I really liked her, more than the other forgettable girls, as her crush seemed different somehow. Maybe because she went through the realization phase many of us do when we realize we're into the same sex.

last edited at Apr 19, 2015 7:13PM

Yuri_Is_My_Lyfe
Love Vibes discussion 29 Mar 14:08
X
joined Feb 8, 2014

I read this manga quite some time ago and just today found out there is a movie of it (thank you YouTube for suggesting random videos you think I may like), so I decided to reread it to refresh my memory. From the comments I've already read, the ending is a let down, but I'm prepared so it's ok.

They did make up? They're holding hands on the last page.

In the manga, it's safe to say they did as Mika went running to Mako and they are seen holding hands.

4/5 Update - I did not care for the movie. Though most movies change up events and endings, this one did that and changed the character development. Very disappointed.

last edited at Apr 5, 2015 11:21AM

Yuri_Is_My_Lyfe
X
joined Feb 8, 2014

A great treat for today, I love Jin. She could be my Valentine... as long as she brings me all her manga lol

Yuri_Is_My_Lyfe
Your Fault discussion 11 Feb 20:37
X
joined Feb 8, 2014

We need a new tag called NSFS ( Not Safe For School) :'(

HAHAHA, that's funny.

Yuri_Is_My_Lyfe
Your Fault discussion 11 Feb 20:37
X
joined Feb 8, 2014

Honestly the senpai may not be as bad as she looks, I mean at least she was able to say that she loves Kanako out loud so.......I really don't think she's like a villain because we weren't exactly given anything as to her thoughts or anything like that. When she said girls could be wolves, she could have meant that she's totally different when in private as to her usual calm self. The only thing I can say about her is she's probably a stalker since she's been seen hiding/standing in creepy places a few times.

I enjoyed reading it and I think it shouldn't be tagged cheating because Ayaka and Kanako weren't dating. It sucks for Ayaka, but hey senpai got there first so eh

I totally agree with you. Plus, the senpai gave her the oppertunity to leave. By not leaving, that's pretty much telling her she feels the same way. Ayaka and Kanako should have been honest to each other, but eh, senpai had the guts to say something.

Yuri_Is_My_Lyfe
Love Me! discussion 31 Jan 13:39
X
joined Feb 8, 2014

I love Jin. I love all of her works. Can't get enough.

Yuri_Is_My_Lyfe
Lemonade discussion 13 Jan 01:47
X
joined Feb 8, 2014

The only thing i would have liked to see differently would be to see Maki's feelings develop. That would have been awesome.

X
joined Feb 8, 2014

Oh, I'm having Riko-Haru withdrawal. Not complaining or asking when it will be updated (annoying question I can assume for the artist and scantalation groups). Just stating, I miss them...

Yuri_Is_My_Lyfe
First L² discussion 03 Jan 19:08
X
joined Feb 8, 2014

Have you ever heard of an pig toilet? No? Good.

No, and I don't think I want to Google it either.

Yuri_Is_My_Lyfe
Lemonade discussion 03 Jan 18:35
X
joined Feb 8, 2014

Though most of the focus was not on yuri, I still enjoyed this light and quick read. I only thought Keita was rude at one point of this story. All other aspects are teenagers being teenagers. Remember, these kids range in ages 12 to 14. Can't expect him to be Mr. Charming. Also, he had no ill intent. Anyways, liked the story. As always, the ending was a bit much, but we don't know the specifications. Maybe the publishing companies are responsible for most of our rushed endings.

last edited at Jan 3, 2015 6:35PM

Yuri_Is_My_Lyfe
First L² discussion 02 Jan 15:42
X
joined Feb 8, 2014

Umm, is that a toilet???

http://dynasty-scans.com/chapters/first_l#13

yes..

love this manga all that lusting and eye raping is pretty rare.

That is a weird toilet. What if you slipped while trying to squat over that thing?!?!?! Gross... anywho, I agree. Very nice read.

Yuri_Is_My_Lyfe
X
joined Feb 8, 2014

Bad art.
Okay plot.
But I was laughing way too hard at some of the half-assed excuses Riri made. "Some love hotels will refuse same sex couples," has to be the saddest reason I've ever heard. Oh, so you can't do it in this hotel, what a shame. Go to the next one down the block, then. XD
It feels like the author was just trying way too hard to push a 'same-sex couples can't be happy' sort of conflict. Not a bad idea for conflict, but the least you could do is give some real reasons that normal humans might have for not wanting to date someone of the same gender. Not this love hotel/marriage kind of shit.

Isn't the reason cuz she saw an interview on tv of a lesbian couple and how tough it was for them or something?

That was the reason, which led to her fearing losing her family. I think that was the reason that really scared her. I think that's one that scared/ scares a lot of us. I wasn't concerned about my friends when I came out. I can pick my friends, so I chose descent, open minded friends who didn't care when I came out. Can't choose your family though. And I experienced difficulties with my mother as a teenager. In the long run, I was lucky enough that my brother is also gay and if my mom didn't get over it, she was going to lose two kids. Yay for gay siblings!!

Yuri_Is_My_Lyfe
X
joined Feb 8, 2014

Oh man, I hope somebody picks those other stories up. Takemiya Jin is an absolute treasure, and spreading everything she's done should be a priority.

I've had this one in the back of my mind for some time now so, I'll do it! Adding it to my schedule NOW. My schedule is growing faster than I am clearing it. Oh well.

Fly by Yuri is officially picking up "Delicious Time," "Spike Girls," and "Sweet Sweet Sweet" from Love Flicker!

Thank you so much Fly by Yuri. I waited patiently for months and you delivered. Many thanks again...

Anyone else notice the slight difference in Jin's drawings in Love Flicker? It's a bit cleaner than her earlier works, but still has her signature style. I know all artist evolve the longer they create, but as I love Takemiya, I wanted to mention that.