Forum › Netsuzou Trap discussion

Gah1
joined May 25, 2015

Does Hotaru like Yuma or Fujiwara?

Maybe both? Or she's just confused

last edited at Aug 27, 2015 5:10PM

Yuu
joined Mar 28, 2015

YH's readership is mainly female in Japan, so that they'd like the male character who looks decent isn't that strange. It's not a magazine for lesbians.

So it doesn't mean it's gonna end het.

Yuma obviously doesn't love Takeda anyway.

2x2-shinobuden-m001
joined Dec 14, 2014

Well, usually you're not afraid of the people you like.

Takeda is the kind of character that belongs as a protagonist in a harem manga.

Yes, I think it's the self-insert thing and that he is the least active person in the story.

last edited at Aug 27, 2015 5:14PM

Yuu
joined Mar 28, 2015

I'm pretty sure she doesn't care much about Fujiwara.

Soralaylaff
joined Oct 16, 2013
  • Takeda is the favorite character in Japan, event though this is a yuri manga,

Gee I wonder why when one of them is a clueless idiot and the other a manipulative bitch.

Cs4_cover
joined Jul 13, 2015

Takeda is the favorite?
I am Scary now, very scary

Korrasami
joined Dec 14, 2014

I don't like Takeda.. I don't even get how a boyfriend is the favorite character in a yuri.

last edited at Aug 27, 2015 6:03PM

joined Aug 6, 2015

By the way who the heck likes Takeda??? If your favourite character is Takeda you are clearly not a yuri fan.

Wow. That's super unreasonable. Just because I favor yuri doesn't mean that I demand yuri even when it's not in a character's best interest.

I'd love to see yuma come to terms with her sexuality and find a good girl to be with. But when the only option presented by the story is Hotaru, well... then I'd rather she end up with a decent boy like Takeda than a manipulative girl like Hotaru.

But maybe Hotaru will change. There's still a lot of time left for drama and character development.

Pikachuwhat
joined Mar 13, 2014

Huh, from what I can tell from here, it seems Takeda is the "favourite" simply because he's not as unlikeable as everyone else, lmao.

Also, I'm probably really late on this since I haven't really read through this thread yet but the fact that "Netsuzou Trap" could actually be abbreviated as "NTR" blows my mind. I never noticed until page 9 of the extra where they put the two side-by-side...

joined Sep 9, 2013

I don't like Takeda.. I don't even get how a boyfriend is the favorite character in a yuri.

because he is a decent human being?

drpepperfan Admin
Ss%20(2018-09-18%20at%2004.40.05)
joined Oct 12, 2010

Huh, from what I can tell from here, it seems Takeda is the "favourite" simply because he's not as unlikeable as everyone else, lmao.

last edited at Aug 27, 2015 8:57PM

Untitled%203
joined Feb 3, 2013

People simply simpatize with Takeda because he's a nice guy getting the short end of the stick in this manga (probably second shortest now that it seems Hotaru is having a really bad time). Other yuri manga generally avoid this by making the guy either too full of themselves (looking at you, Lemonade), too chauvinist, or having them try to rape the heroine; so if she escapes with another girl, it's taken as a perfectly justified reason by the audience. People are generally more willing to root for the underdog.

I still think this will change after the chapter explaining how the couples were formed.

Vegitab%20profile%20pic%20smoll%20tumblr
joined Sep 21, 2014

Yuma lol

Pic1
joined Aug 29, 2013

By the way who the heck likes Takeda??? If your favourite character is Takeda you are clearly not a yuri fan.

Wow. That's super unreasonable. Just because I favor yuri doesn't mean that I demand yuri even when it's not in a character's best interest.

Then you've proven that poster right. Because, one more time, where is the lack of Girl x Boy manga? If you favor such an outcome over the very limited yuri that is available, then you are really not much of a fan. Nothing wrong with liking different things though. But don't poop in our manga please.

Likeable ≠ Favorite

I get why people would find him inherently likeable, but a favorite? Sorry, but I don't really consider standard human decency to be anything to shout about. It's something everyone should practice. Which makes for an interesting study on how nearly all the characters are portrayed to be rather screwed-up. Takada probably acts a counter-mirror reflection to see the contrast between the twisted dynamics amongst those involved.

Anyhow, my impression of him took a nosedive, when he refuses to speak to Yuma just because they didn't get to do the tango. What a nice guy indeed! It seems sex is more important than the relationship they built up. Even Hotaru isn't that shallow. She is still there and speaking with her normally, even though Yuma is not her girlfriend.

Takeda is the favorite?
I am Scary now, very scary

Yeah, you and me, keeping our fingers crossed.

YH's readership is mainly female in Japan, so that they'd like the male character who looks decent isn't that strange. It's not a magazine for lesbians.

While it certainly isn't meant to be a female "Bara" magazine, in the earlier days of Yuri Hime, their columns were actually occupied with quite a bit of "Lesbian Talk" from the female readers. With a lot writing in to say how they also have girl crushed in real life, from a cool sempai to other women in their offices..etc, and a few 100% straight ones finding this yuri thing curious and a bit intriguing. However, those are ancient days. The readership has changed a lot over the years. I believe at present, it's a bit closer to a 50/50 female to male ratio.

last edited at Aug 27, 2015 9:48PM

joined Jan 8, 2015

Don't worry I like hotaru and Yuma better

joined Aug 6, 2015

Then you've proven that poster right. Because, one more time, where is the lack of Girl x Boy manga? If you favor such an outcome over the very limited yuri that is available, then you are really not much of a fan. Nothing wrong with liking different things though. But don't poop in our manga please.

So, because I'm a yuri fan and I favor yuri above all else, I'm required to support every yuri pairing over a het pairing 100% of the time regardless of who the characters are or how horrible one might be to the other?

It sounds like that's what you're saying, and I'll repeat my stance. That's super unreasonable.

joined Mar 23, 2013

I get why people would find him inherently likeable, but a favorite? Sorry, but I don't really consider standard human decency to be anything to shout about.

See, here's the thing... "Standard human decency" and other things like "Common sense" are actually not standard nor common. Doubly so in pretty much any romantic fiction in mangas that has DRAMA. There's always one or multiple antagonists that are scum of the earth because DRAMA.

So yes these straight female readers in JP really like him. Remember these same readers probably read shoujo as well and have to deal with all the girls in bathroom bullying, girls pushy down the stairs, "chop chop" girls ( cut the hair short because jelly as fuck ), the rapey guy, the wall pushing guy, the "because I love you I will bully you guy" and so on.

Is it that surprising that he's well liked? Although he has his short comings, he's not a trainwreck of messed up. He's also a pity magnet because he will get the short end of the stick. People feel bad for the loser especially if he's not a scumbag of the highest order.

It sounds like that's what you're saying, and I'll repeat my stance. That's super unreasonable.

B-But m-muh purest form of love!

joined Jun 14, 2013

Why wish a bad end for the "nice guy" or just wishing for yuri end....ummm cause if I wanted het I would just read the other millions out there already published. God damn the struggles of being an only yuri fan is painful. Is it really so bad to just want millions of yuri out there but is forced to wait. Yesh. Yeah that extra page the author left sucked balls. Boo.

Snowflakes%20icon
joined Jun 22, 2014

I want a yuri ending, but I do aknowledge that Takeda is a good guy. Good guys are rare so I'm hoping he meets a nice het girl after they break up with Yuma-chan :D

Yuu
joined Mar 28, 2015

Hey, as I said since the beginning, Takeda can get a decent girlfriend anyday. It's doesn't have to be Yuma.

What he wants from her is SEX. He's nice,he wants her to want it too and he's a perfectly normal teenager, but never did he say "I love you" to Yuma.

So, yeah, personally, I don't hate him but I don't like him either. He's generic, with no original personality whatsoever. Even Fujiwara gets more character development than him.

Obviously, the author used a stock nice-guy character and is surprised that he's popular, but I doubt it's going to change the overall outcome of the story.

ChocolateCakeLover
Gigi7
joined Feb 4, 2015

Where are people getting the impression Hotaru likes Fujiwara? oO

Dude, don't you think you should let that argument sleep a bit? It's getting really tired.

The character seems pretty gay so far, yuri is pretty intrinsically in her best interest, regardless of whether the guy who only wants her for sex is nicer than the other option.

It's sad that Takeda is so popular because hes really boring. The most interesting he got was when he sulked over not getting the sex he wanted, and that hardly made him likable.

Why is Hotaru's awfulness still being blown out of proportion?

Picsart_1429787879161
joined Dec 6, 2014

YH's readership is mainly female in Japan, so that they'd like the male character who looks decent isn't that strange.

True.

Anyway, though I doubt the "favorite character" part, it doesn't mean that these people who likes Takeda wants Yuma to end up with him, does it? Or maybe some does?

I don't know. Cause like Takeda's no doubt better than Fujiwara and a nice guy though I didn't like the way he acted (a little bit?) cold towards Yuma just because they didn't have sex like seriously? Yeah he respected her that she was like not ready yet or something, but then afterwards he acted (a little bit?) distant towards Yuma. Like are you trying to make the girl feel guilty or something? It might have hurt his pride or whatever but it just really irked me.

But yeah other than that I kinda like him cause he's somehow a nice guy, but it doesn't mean I want him and Yuma to end up together. Cause I'm freakin' hoping that Yuma amd Hotaru will just get on with it already! Hahaha

last edited at Aug 28, 2015 7:40AM

Phpol1pm9_c1pm
joined Feb 3, 2015

Takeda's character is far from being intriguing, his actions predictable and I kind of can't get myself to sympathize with him when he didn't achieve what he wanted, in this situation indifference seems to me more appropriate. On the other hand, this bitch Hotaru does get on my nerves, couldn't she be a bit more honest and open.

Ymir-and-christa-lenz-historia-reiss-shingeki-no-kyojin-kittyluv57-38197762-736-429
joined May 19, 2014

Hotaru does get on my nerves, couldn't she be a bit more honest and open.

Damn right. She's being half-assed about pursuing Yuma. She pretends to root for Yuma and Takeda and then she goes and makes out with her. She's most definitely not right in the head. And Yuma's too dense to realise her feelings for Hotaru but that's not her fault. Hotaru needs to be more straight-forward with Yuma and not through perverted ways but by actually communicating with her. But that ain't gonna happen cause she's psycho.

Isuke%20inukai
joined May 29, 2014

If it's originally a yuri manga, please be a yuri manga. I come here to read yuri, not shoujo.

To reply you must either login or sign up.