Forum › Netsuzou Trap discussion

08f6612130a20845a480034c0567fbe1d8926209_hq
joined Apr 27, 2014

If it's originally a yuri manga, please be a yuri manga. I come here to read yuri, not shoujo.

What do you mean by that? ;o

joined Aug 11, 2014

...The fact that the actual book apparently has NTR printed on the inside cover, even specifically highlighting how the title abbreviates to NTR, and the comments from the author that she initially wanted to write the story about married women... There's a lot that could be said, but more than anything else, I feel like a lot of things about the story make much more sense. Not the story itself, mind you. Just why it exists.

...Also, it's given me a sinking feeling that, at some point, there's going to be a pregnancy scare as a plot device. Hopefully I'm just being needlessly suspicious, but that seems like exactly the kind of ugly this manga is going for, at this point.

Komomojpg
joined Aug 6, 2014

I don't get how you come to hate Hotaru, I like her personally.

Sj2
joined Nov 23, 2014

Because she's not being honest with herself and it affects the people around her.

joined Jul 8, 2013

Oh my fuck if this had been between married couples...I'd just be so infinitely done...even more so than i already am lol. Also, it's nice to know that even the mangaka acknowledges how fucking ridiculous this concept is. Although at the same time its equally annoying to think about how the mangaka is full aware of how stupid everything she's making is lol.

Tohka%20not%20crying
joined Jun 6, 2014

Well the mangaka talked about how much she loves sticky soap operas. She's done a good job replicating that lmfao.

I guess people are a fan of Takeda purely because I think most yuri manga either portray guys as insignificant or as cuntmuffins. He isn't really either, he just is young and naive about what the line between love and lust is. Which isn't particularly good for Yuma.

I'm just curious as to whether mangaka will clean things up properly or if she's going to purposely make a messed-up ending where no one is really happy.

joined Apr 1, 2013

That Extra Chapter... sizzles then nosebleeds haha omfg its so true! if i was going on a trip id buy new underwear and the boys first priority is always... "THAT" seriously lol i was having a great laugh at that :P

...The fact that the actual book apparently has NTR printed on the inside cover, even specifically highlighting how the title abbreviates to NTR, and the comments from the author that she initially wanted to write the story about married women... There's a lot that could be said, but more than anything else, I feel like a lot of things about the story make much more sense. Not the story itself, mind you. Just why it exists.

...Also, it's given me a sinking feeling that, at some point, there's going to be a pregnancy scare as a plot device. Hopefully I'm just being needlessly suspicious, but that seems like exactly the kind of ugly this manga is going for, at this point.

OMG yes i can so see that happening from Hotaru perspective..
well worst case she can dump the guy and love Yuma and raise the baby with her?...
i'm probably stretching it a little too far...? LOL @ the pun

But yes i do see that happening as a type of plot twist!

last edited at Aug 28, 2015 1:21PM

08f6612130a20845a480034c0567fbe1d8926209_hq
joined Apr 27, 2014

Hmmm... I still can't decide to read this or not...nope..I'll hope till it ends, or else I'm gonna be aggravated if it's a horrible ending

20220118_232511_50
joined Jun 3, 2015

Oh my fuck if this had been between married couples...I'd just be so infinitely done...even more so than i already am lol. Also, it's nice to know that even the mangaka acknowledges how fucking ridiculous this concept is. Although at the same time its equally annoying to think about how the mangaka is full aware of how stupid everything she's making is lol.

Personally I would've liked it more if it were married couples, just the change of pace from the teen yuri would've been reason enough. But a wife awkwardly trying to seduce another wife? Hell yes.

It would also mean that a lot of the weirdness surrounding Hotaru could've been pinned on the situation instead of her personality. I imagine it would be harder to openly pursue someone if both of you are married to other people.

Ss%20(2015-08-13%20at%2011.16.07)
joined Jul 3, 2015

Yes me too. She's my favourite character.

Komomojpg
joined Aug 6, 2014

Because she's not being honest with herself and it affects the people around her.

Yeah I agree but still that's not enough to hate her in my opinion.

Sin%20t%c3%adtulo-min
joined Sep 28, 2011

ARE YOU KIDDING ME?! WE COULD HAVE HAD A YURI MATURE WIFE COUPLE NETORARE?! WHY THE FUCK DIDN'T WE HAD SUCH A DELICIOUSLY STICKY DEVELOPMENT?!

joined Mar 23, 2013

ARE YOU KIDDING ME?! WE COULD HAVE HAD A YURI MATURE WIFE COUPLE NETORARE?! WHY THE FUCK DIDN'T WE HAD SUCH A DELICIOUSLY STICKY DEVELOPMENT?!

Because female readers would scorn it? I dunno, Japanese are very "duty" minded usually, I could totally see them hating it especially if there's children and the matter of the "family unit" at risk.
You're talking about a country where the married couple often call eachother "mother" and "father" because their role is more important to them than their own individual selves. Although that's changing slightly over time.

There's a difference in ditching a boyfriend/girlfriend in your teens and ditching your spouse.

At least that's my take on it, to me it seems less risky to do a cliché high school drama romance especially considering the mag and the audience.

Sin%20t%c3%adtulo-min
joined Sep 28, 2011

Because female readers would scorn it? I dunno, Japanese are very "duty" minded usually, I could totally see them hating it especially if there's children and the matter of the "family unit" at risk.
You're talking about a country where the married couple often call eachother "mother" and "father" because their role is more important to them than their own individual selves. Although that's changing slightly over time.

There's a difference in ditching a boyfriend/girlfriend in your teens and ditching your spouse.

At least that's my take on it, to me it seems less risky to do a cliché high school drama romance especially considering the mag and the audience.

Exactly that's why I feel this is an easy way out. The author herself said that she loves that kinda stuff (Acording to some friends, these kind of dramas are fairly common in japanese television, even with the wifexwife setting) and dumming it out feels like a strange thing to do when the other setting would have sold all the more

It's true that Japanese households value roles over individual selfs, but that's precisely why this kind of stuff sells so much: In repression, controversy is all the better

Sorry about my grammar, I'm kinda drunk right now

Soralaylaff
joined Oct 16, 2013

Maybe it would have been too risqué for Yuri Hime. I don't know if the main readership of Yuri Hime are teenage girls, but if it is, I can see why it might be "too much" to have 2 married couples. Bad influence and all that shit.

joined Aug 29, 2015

Omg... MOREEEE PLEASE!!

Vegitab%20profile%20pic%20smoll%20tumblr
joined Sep 21, 2014

Yes me too. She's my favourite character.

Same
She's the most interesting character tbh, and has a lot of room for character development

Yuu
joined Mar 28, 2015

Yeah, it's Hotaru who makes the story move forward. Without her, nothing happens. She's the character who struggles the most. I can't see why she'd be hated.

Compared to her, Yuma is a wimp.

last edited at Aug 29, 2015 8:33AM

Phpol1pm9_c1pm
joined Feb 3, 2015

I find Hotaru annoying.If she had taken a more direct approach(not the harassment path), Yuma wouldn't have played retarded.

Hinageshi_icon
joined Jul 20, 2013

(Acording to some friends, these kind of dramas are fairly common in japanese television, even with the wifexwife setting)

Ahem, need examples please :D

Ss%20(2015-08-13%20at%2011.16.07)
joined Jul 3, 2015

Yeah, it's Hotaru who makes the story move forward. Without her, nothing happens. She's the character who struggles the most. I can't see why she'd be hated.

Well said !

although Takeda is the wimpiest of all wimps...

last edited at Aug 29, 2015 3:38PM

joined Apr 1, 2013

Well said !

LOL i have 2 agree on this xD How come Hotaru receives hate but Takeda doesnt?! I hate him for being a whimp nuff said :)

Openedafuckinwindow
joined Aug 29, 2015

Oooo. Yuri, NTR, and a sexy sociopath? Time to get the cake out. I love melodrama.

joined Jul 18, 2015

Well said !

LOL i have 2 agree on this xD How come Hotaru receives hate but Takeda doesnt?! I hate him for being a whimp nuff said :)

I agree too. Hotaru is an interesting person, it could come down to a really dramatic, angsty manga when her character develops. I can't wait :3

last edited at Aug 30, 2015 1:10AM

Kururi
joined Aug 25, 2015

I don't really understand how a guy that only thinks about sex everytime can be considered "cute".

To reply you must either login or sign up.