Forum › What Does the Fox Say discussion

joined Jul 1, 2015

The 5 Stages of Manhwa Grief

Indeed, the path to recovery is long and painful. And weekly. :3

"weekly", yes. that's if they don't go away on a hiatus. >.> FF
i am hoping WDFS stays weekly until the finish line. :)

last edited at Jul 15, 2015 12:28PM

mikasamikasa77
Norae
joined Oct 16, 2014

But if you can live quietly without wdtfs
simply, out of this forum and don't ruined to others the pleasure of this story.

Simple, no translation of halmoni, not understand a shit what it says on wdtfs.

1.The author does not want to.
2.Halmoni not want to be involved in something illegal.(who want?)
3.The staff broke the head to explain how to buy, how to read the translation.

To me, more than the champions of a justice of the internet, it seems that someone is right against halmoni.

And you don't necessarily like halmoni, here it comes to respecting the rules that from the beginning we have set ourselves on this forum just to read wdtfs.

It's about having respect,
At the end, for a few idiots, so much people will not be able to read wdtfs.

arrrrrggggggghhhhhhh!

Img_0647
joined Nov 25, 2014

I'm sure she takes them off while having sex lmao.

Lmbo!!! Indeed. XD

joined Jul 1, 2015

@tinytushy

I've got a question at the end of Ch.15. Nammi was seen having sex with a pink haired girl, is that Seju??

erm, but it's brown haired!
it's not even pink at all, unless you (or me??) are colour blind ><"

last edited at Jul 15, 2015 3:13PM

joined May 20, 2013

Wow, this manhwa is better than i thought.Look like seju and sumin they are soulmates , but now their relationship seem to be really depressed and burdened, i think they might need spaces and get back together when needed ( or they might need a trip together) . But sungji showed up , that will scew the relationship

last edited at Jul 15, 2015 9:15PM

Ymir-and-christa-lenz-historia-reiss-shingeki-no-kyojin-kittyluv57-38197762-736-429
joined May 19, 2014

Dammit, I can't understand anything from chapter 19! Waiting patiently for halmoni & co.'s translation :)
But one thing's for sure Seju is freaking gorgeous!

joined Jul 11, 2015

i just browsed halmoni's tumblr and it seems like she'll only be sharing translations with some people here. does this mean there won't be an overlay anymore? i just bought 61 coins recently and it would be really upsetting and a huge waste if i can't understand it or see the english translations :( at this point, since ridiculous whiners at /u/ keep ruining it for everyone, i don't even care about the overlay anymore. written translations are okay for me (that's how i read FF anyway) and i'd really appreciate it if halmoni could share it too with new readers who've purchased and supported the author as well (though i'm not exactly new. been lurking here for a while).

Thiaguinho-sama
Homu%20avatar
joined May 11, 2012

I also would also like to know how it's going to be, although I didn't buy it yet I want to read it too, just didn't have patience and enough will power to create an account, buy coins, do overlay and whatever else I forgot, but I do have interest in reading it specially after reading all spoilers here, really, if someone don't want to pay $3.55 for 21 coins which gets you 7 chapters for something that seens to be a lot better than most licensed mangas that cost a lot more, then they don't deserve to read it, so halmoni, if you're really going to give translations only to some people, although I know you possibly don't like me or trust me because of some things I said, I would like a chance to prove that I'm can be trusted, but if possible I would like other way to read instead of written translation like seolrae said, for me that just not the same thing.....

joined Apr 20, 2015

Damn the drama about this manhwa merits its own serialization....

But seriously, is there gonna be an official announcement regarding halmoni's decision to stop translating and how it's gonna be for us innocent plebs to keep up with the series? I was faithfully using the overlay method and shelling out my money to buy coins until this bee's nest with /u/ got kicked over and shit storms happened.

Not hating on you and your team or anything halmoni, because it's thanks to your work that brought us FF and this series. But I am bitter about /u/ :/

So to parrot the people above me again, how can we readers who just wants to read the series in peace do so?

joined Jul 1, 2015

I... just bought additional 65 coins. was happy about the purchase until this... drama. :( now I just wish to read this series in peace in english, because I don't know enough Korean :( . and this story is just getting more and more beautiful.

halmoni Uploader
Jjjtjtjtjy
joined Jan 6, 2015

@ seolrae, Thiaguinho-sama, kith
I won't be posting my translations publicly. Or on the overlay. The one thing that I absolutely do not want to see is my translations being used for unauthorized typesets, because I don't want to be associated with illegal WDFS postings in any way. Send me a message on tumblr off anon (halmoniswag.tumblr.com), and I'll help out those who want to continue reading the English translations.

And Thiaguinho-sama, if you haven't bought the chapters yet or you're undecided, take your time. Message me when you do, and I'll be more than happy to help.

Ymir-and-christa-lenz-historia-reiss-shingeki-no-kyojin-kittyluv57-38197762-736-429
joined May 19, 2014

^no more overlay? That's unfortunate. I'm not a tumblr user too.

Let's%20see
joined Aug 13, 2014

@Satsuki

^no more overlay? That's unfortunate. I'm not a tumblr user too.

Same here, I created one though,but I'm not receiving the "gmail verify" thing and can't write to Halmoni..it's all those stealing idiots fault.

last edited at Jul 16, 2015 6:08AM

Eusebe
joined May 26, 2015

Hmmmmm.

No matter how you do it, as soon as you share your translation over the internet it will leak elsewhere.
That is how internet works, and it has very strong upsides.

I understand you want it to bend a little under your rules and your wishes (however respectful and nice they may be) for you to contribute your valuable time, but there's no compromizing the internet.

For me, the overtooning thing is an alternative way of reading webcomics that has its upsides and downsides, and not an exclusive way. I did not want to force my views onto you, and invested some of my time to allow you doing what you want on Lezhin, but I am a little sad to see how things turn out.
It was predictable. And ultimately you spoiled the energy of those who were more than willing to listen to you and throw money at Lezhin, your best followers. You led them nowhere.

Now, I still respect you because you are a translator and somebody who tries things. I am not somebody who think there will always be somebody to pick up the torch, for I have seen exceptions. But I think you should focus more on the good people, and less on the rest.
If you think it's a good thing to be able to read through overlays, why wouldn't there be other people who think like you and will use it? Of course some others won't, you can't bend the internet.
Why don't you ask Lezhin their own opinion about you translating their stuff? After all, defending their work, be it in korean or english, is their work, not yours? What do you think will happen if Lezhin hire an official translator and release their webcomics in english alongside the korean?

Nearly all scanlation is "illegal", and nearly all existing legal translation is leaking on the internet.

Our own scanlation of Cheese in the Trap hasn't been leaking much, but it has at some point. We then stopped for awhile, and when we got back on work we begged leakers to at least wait until the serie is complete (we cannot threaten to stop once it is complete ^^).
Strangely, it hasn't been leaking since then, and now that Cheese in the Trap is being officially translated (far behind), the official is leaking (not our problem).

Best regards, and please think more about how your plans work in failure mode. It is very important (failure happens, and damages must remain under control as much as possible).

Alextasha Uploader
Crystal3
Three Musqueerteers
joined Sep 25, 2013

Doonge

No matter how you do it, as soon as you share your translation over the internet it will leak elsewhere.

I understand you want it to bend a little under your rules and your wishes (however respectful and nice they may be) for you to contribute your valuable time, but there's no compromizing the internet.

For me, the overtooning thing is an alternative way of reading webcomics that has its upsides and downsides, and not an exclusive way. I did not want to force my views onto you, and invested some of my time to allow you doing what you want on Lezhin, but I am a little sad to see how things turn out.

It was predictable. And ultimately you spoiled the energy of those who were more than willing to listen to you and throw money at Lezhin, your best followers. You led them nowhere.

Now, I still respect you because you are a translator and somebody who tries things. I am not somebody who think there will always be somebody to pick up the torch, for I have seen exceptions. But I think you should focus more on the good people, and less on the rest.
If you think it's a good thing to be able to read through overlays, why wouldn't there be other people who think like you and will use it? Of course some others won't, you can't bend the internet.

*shyly raising hand* I agree with Doonge

halmoni Uploader
Jjjtjtjtjy
joined Jan 6, 2015

That's certainly true, but that doesn't mean I can't at least try to look for a solution.

Yes, but I'm doing my best to make the most out of this situation because I know it's unfair for everyone. If I really didn't care, I wouldn't have done anything.

I agree. I can't bend the internet. I'm not a wizard, unfortunately. But when those "others" are doing something that jeopardizes my own safety and violates the authors' ownership of the manhwa, you can't expect me to sit back and let it happen. Do I want to be sued by Lezhin? Do I think it's fair for the authors to lose out on potential monetary gains because of my actions? Not particularly. As long as I continue to use the overlay, people who don't care about Lezhin's policy will have easy access to my translations in order to leak them for everyone else. And then free typesets will inevitably be created shortly after. I don't want to be responsible for something like that.

Why don't you ask Lezhin their own opinion about you translating their stuff? After all, defending their work, be it in korean or english, is their work, not yours? What do you think will happen if Lezhin hire an official translator and release their webcomics in english alongside the korean?

What I'm doing now is just translating a manhwa for a lovely group of people. Who all had to buy the chapters on their own. Nothing more. It's not public, it's never going to be used for any sort of profit, so I don't see why Lezhin would care, and I don't see why I should care about Lezhin's opinion.

If you knew what happened with the Chinese WDFS translation team, you'd understand why I chose to stop. It may look like a tiny, little leak as of right now, but you never know what's going to happen in the future. And I'd rather not find out.

joined Jul 16, 2015

Hi halmoni

I have recently paid and read chapter 1-18 in a shot of WDTFS after trying out your overlay thingy (googe chrome extension didn't work so just used the bookmark) and has been excited to read more to the point of re-reading after finishing chapter 18 thanks to your translation. I even paid for chapter 19 before I heard about the news that you want to stop doing the overlay thing :(

You have tons of fans on Citrus Saburo Uta Discussion Group (a fb group with many yuri manga/manhwa readers) on facebook too and they have posted their disappointment comments and also blaming those people who spread your translation to the public. [Alextasha is also in the group :3]

Will respect your decision, however I guess I'd on-hold this awesome manhwa for 5ever should there be no English translation now since it'd be a torture for me if all I can do is look at the manhwa but not know what the characters are saying.

I will be waiting for whatever comes for now. :'(

last edited at Jul 16, 2015 7:57AM

joined May 19, 2014

halmoni I hope you succeed in your endeavors as a translator and be able to provide for the WDFS fans. In the meantime, I think I'm dropping this one. I still have a few coins on my account and I'm going to spend it on WDFS until it's gone. I just look at Sungji, Seju and Sumin anyway.

Eusebe
joined May 26, 2015

I do not know what happened to the chinese WDTFS translation team, but I'm understanding you are not actually stopping the translation. As Sandoval from El Secreto de Sus Ojos would say, there's no escaping your passion like that.

Even if you build a tiny and well knit community which you share your translation "privately" with, it's still sharing on the internet. Worse, when your translations will be leaked it will impact your ego more profoundly than just now. Will you engage in some sort of witch hunting amongst your close peers?
And it stiffles creativity. I've been shown many fanart in this forum, for both WDTFS and Fluttering Feelings. What will happen to that in a closed garden? And what will happen to the conversation? It fosters hugboxes, and it encourages you to do wicked things like bending your own rules to attracts the fanart artists (for instance).

All in all, no problem with me as it will allow me to focus more on Naver and other free webcomics publishers. I was a little bit dubious about Lezhin, and this adventure will have been informative.

Best wishes, and good work.

Alextasha Uploader
Crystal3
Three Musqueerteers
joined Sep 25, 2013

You have tons of fans on Citrus Saburo Uta Discussion Group (a fb group with many yuri manga/manhwa readers) on facebook too and they have posted their disappointment comments and also blaming those people who spread your translation to the public. [Alextasha is also in the group :3]

Shhhh! People are watching...

joined Jul 16, 2015

I peeked at the latest chapter. There's no sight of Sungji at all LOL [seeing pictures only sure is a torture]

joined Feb 1, 2014

@ halmoni

Is it okay if I message you here instead? I don't have a tumblr that's why....

About legalities, you don't have to worry. I buy mine at lezhin...

So please help me with the translations T-T

Nezchan Moderator
Meiling%20bun%20150px
joined Jun 28, 2012

I peeked at the latest chapter. There's no sight of Sungji at all LOL [seeing pictures only sure is a torture]

Welcome to fandom circa 1990 when you could count scanlation and fansub groups on the thumbs of one foot. And getting more than three episodes in a row of a series took a good deal of effort.

Nezchan Moderator
Meiling%20bun%20150px
joined Jun 28, 2012

@ halmoni

Is it okay if I message you here instead? I don't have a tumblr that's why....

Dynasty has no PM system so messaging them here is impossible.

joined Feb 1, 2014

@ seolrae, Thiaguinho-sama, kith
I won't be posting my translations publicly. Or on the overlay. The one thing that I absolutely do not want to see is my translations being used for unauthorized typesets, because I don't want to be associated with illegal WDFS postings in any way. Send me a message on tumblr off anon (halmoniswag.tumblr.com), and I'll help out those who want to continue reading the English translations.

And Thiaguinho-sama, if you haven't bought the chapters yet or you're undecided, take your time. Message me when you do, and I'll be more than happy to help.

@ Halmoni

Can you help me too? I don't have a tumblr that's why i'm sending a message here. I already bought all WDTFS chapters on lezhin...

To reply you must either login or sign up.